HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist - Two Weak Games, Bounce Back Buddy

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I don't understand if you're just being difficult, trying really hard to prove a point, or seriously don't understand. There are about a half dozen games left, one team has a 1 point lead seems like an almost dead heat.
I'm not trying to be difficult. You're the one who didn't answer a single question I've asked you in this thread.

04-15-2013, 10:10 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker McDonald View Post
I'm not trying to be difficult. You're the one who didn't answer a single question I've asked you in this thread.
Your questions are based on statistically insignificant differences in GAA and Save % with 7 games to go.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:18 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
Your questions are based on statistically insignificant differences in GAA and Save % with 7 games to go.
So what I asked was insignificant, but asking me if I think Montreal is having a better season than Boston is significant?

I already told you plenty of times why I think Bobrovsky is having the better season than Lundqvist. Give me a damn reason already why you believe I'm wrong or just stop.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:27 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Jackets making the playoffs is a big deal and nobody is disputing the fact that Bob is the main reason why.
It'd be tough not to give it to him if they make the playoffs.

I think Hank will end up with sub 2 GAA given the rest of the schedule and he'd be the favorite if the Jackets don't make it.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Reaganomics

The Vezina is still Bob's for the taking. But the notion that he is miraculously saving CBJ all by himself is just plain wrong. The whole teams playing good D which Bob obviously benefits from.

I still think Hank get's it in the end though, easier schedule.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:42 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
So what I asked was insignificant, but asking me if I think Montreal is having a better season than Boston is significant?

I already told you plenty of times why I think Bobrovsky is having the better season than Lundqvist. Give me a damn reason already why you believe I'm wrong or just stop.
I said, you're getting hung up on statistically insignificant differences. I brought up Montreal and Boston as another example of statistically insignificant differences. If you want to get literal, then yet Bob is having a better season and so is Montreal, if you want to not the see the world as black and white then both are too close to call with a few games left.

Old
04-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
I said, you're getting hung up on statistically insignificant differences. I brought up Montreal and Boston as another example of statistically insignificant differences. If you want to get literal, then yet Bob is having a better season and so is Montreal, if you want to not the see the world as black and white then both are too close to call with a few games left.
What difference do the rest of the games make? I was referring to up to the point when I made that statement. That's why I said:

Quote:
The voters are the GMs. As of now, Bobrovsky deserves it over Lundqvist and I'm sure the GMs know that.
Of course the last few games could change everything, but that's not what I was referring to.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:09 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
What difference do the rest of the games make? I was referring to up to the point when I made that statement. That's why I said:

Of course the last few games could change everything, but that's not what I was referring to.
Ok, fair point. However, my point remains, it's still "too close to call". Yes literally Bob is having a better season and so is Montreal up to this point. If you want to be literal, which proves nothing really, you got yourself a win.

Edit: For some reductio ad absurdum. If I were to amass a fortune that's 1 dollar greater than Bill Gates', would I be more successful than Bill Gates?

Last edited by SnowblindNYR: 04-16-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old
04-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganomics View Post
The Vezina is still Bob's for the taking. But the notion that he is miraculously saving CBJ all by himself is just plain wrong. The whole teams playing good D which Bob obviously benefits from.

I still think Hank get's it in the end though, easier schedule.
I don't believe this at all, personally. It could go to any one of seven goaltenders right now and I would be totally unsurprised.

That said, we'll see how the numbers line up at the end of the regular season. Everything now is just preliminary discussion.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:52 AM
Kane One
HFB Partner

Quote:
Ok, fair point. However, my point remains, it's still "too close to call". Yes literally Bob is having a better season and so is Montreal up to this point. If you want to be literal, which proves nothing really, you got yourself a win.

Edit: For some reductio ad absurdum. If I were to amass a fortune that's 1 dollar greater than Bill Gates', would I be more successful than Bill Gates?
I don't think measure of wealth is equal to the measure of success.

Lundqvist is clearly more successful than Bobrovsky, even if they are tied in Vezina wins after this season. You just said yourself that Bobrovsky is having the better season, so why shouldn't he win? I'm not trying to argue anything else. If the season ended when we started this debate, I'll say that Bobrovsky should win, and that's pretty much it. Us arguing anything else is just ridiculous.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

Lundqvist is clearly more successful than Bobrovsky, even if they are tied in Vezina wins after this season. You just said yourself that Bobrovsky is having the better season, so why shouldn't he win? I'm not trying to argue anything else. If the season ended when we started this debate, I'll say that Bobrovsky should win, and that's pretty much it. Us arguing anything else is just ridiculous.
I think you're absolutely right.

What do you expect though? Theres plenty of homers that want Lundqvist to win and will frame the argument that way.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:24 PM
schabadoo

Quote:
You just said yourself that Bobrovsky is having the better season, so why shouldn't he win?
If they don't make the playoffs, it's unlikely he'll win. Historically speaking.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:33 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:

The reason why I asked if I'm more successful now than Bill Gates and not if I'm wealthier is because it allows for some subjectivity, much like the Vezina.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:36 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think you're absolutely right.

What do you expect though? Theres plenty of homers that want Lundqvist to win and will frame the argument that way.
I love arrogant HF logic, if you don't agree with me, you're a homer. Your opinion is not the objectively correct opinion, so don't go calling people homers for disagreeing with it.

P.S. I'm not even saying Lundqvist should win, just that it's too close to call now.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:47 PM
turcotte8

http://snyrangersblog.com/

Since starting the season 3-4 with a save percentage of .904 and a GAA of 2.79, Lundqvist has posted numbers of:

(FEB) 5-3-1 with a save percentage of .928 and a GAA of 1.98
(March) 6-6-1 with a save percentage of .928 and a GAA of 2.05
(April) 5-1-1 with a save percentage of .948 and a GAA of 1.53

He was shaky the first 7 games of the year when the team was horrible in front of him, since then he's got 1.85 GAA and a .935 save percentage.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Blue Blooded

More interesting Lundqvist statistics:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Prospectus
http://www.puckprospectus.com/articl...articleid=1506

Since he has been in the league (2005-06), Lundqvist has accumulated a GVT of 222, easily the best over this period (Ovechkin ranks second with 176). Only one of his backups has managed a positive GVT: Martin Biron, at plus-4.3 in 44 games.
I.E. Lundqvist has been BY FAR the MVP of the NHL since the 2004 lockout. His GVT is more than 25% better than Ovechkin's!

He is trailing Bob in GVT this year though and I don't think he has led the league in any given year, but his consistency has been staggering. For reference; Mike Smith led last year.

Goalies really should win the Hart more often than they do. The most important position in hockey.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:22 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
More interesting Lundqvist statistics:

I.E. Lundqvist has been BY FAR the MVP of the NHL since the 2004 lockout. His GVT is more than 25% better than Ovechkin's!

He is trailing Bob in GVT this year though and I don't think he has led the league in any given year, but his consistency has been staggering. For reference; Mike Smith led last year.

Goalies really should win the Hart more often than they do. The most important position in hockey.
If you look at what Lundqvist has done with the teams he's had, he has been no doubt the MVP of the post-lockout NHL. He really should have a Hart.

How many times do we make the playoffs without him? Once?

Old
04-16-2013, 02:33 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

I wish he won the Hart last year over Malkin

Old
04-16-2013, 07:25 PM
turcotte8

Just saw on NHL tonight Bob McKenzie's "Insider" Poll the results for the Vezina were

1. Price
2. Rask
3. Lundqvist

EDIT: That was Eastern Conference coaches voting for the east, the Western coaches picked Bob.

Last edited by turcotte8: 04-16-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old
04-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Just saw on NHL tonight Bob McKenzie's "Insider" Poll the results for the Vezina were

1. Price
2. Rask
3. Lundqvist
What a joke.

What a ****ing joke.

Old
04-17-2013, 03:08 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post

1. Price
2. Rask
3. Lundqvist

EDIT: That was Eastern Conference coaches voting for the east, the Western coaches picked Bob.
Rask I can understand, even though even Boston fans don't think he's Vezina worthy this season. But Price?! At 1st?! All of a sudden stats doesn't matter at all? Price is 28th in saving percentage (.908) and 22nd in GAA (2.50). They must be joking. There are goalies playing in the 80's who had better stats than that.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Greg02

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...o-1-goaltender

Quote:
I doubt that there's an NHL record for "most seasons in which a top goaltender pushed his team to the playoffs," but if there was, Lundqvist would easily own it. The Rangers will again make the playoffs despite having just the 10th-ranked offense in the East.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Rangerfan4life90

It should be between Rask, Bobrovsky and Hank

Old
04-22-2013, 01:43 PM
NYR Viper

It should be between Hank and Bob.

Old
04-22-2013, 02:04 PM
redbeard7737

any chance Biron gets a nod in one of the last 3 games?

Closed Thread