HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Desharnais - Black or White Edition

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 08:34 AM
MonkeyBusiness

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Chainz View Post
The worst part about Desharnais is he's not even creating any chances offensively, I'd live with his pathetic defense if he was able to produce offensively but he's just hurting the team right now. He's been giving enough chances this year, time to get him off the PP and move him to the wing or third line already.
I honestly don't even know why he's on the powerplay, on ES this season he's been pretty good offensively. But on the PP he's been our second worst player better than only Bouillon. It also made me laugh that Therrien , with the last change-up kept putting Desharnais against Giroux's line.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:51 AM
FrankMTL

I have no doubt at all that if Desharnais has a strong playoffs or stong start to his season next year that Bergevin will be able to unload him easily at one point in the next year.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:54 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I have no doubt at all that if Desharnais has a strong playoffs or stong start to his season next year that Bergevin will be able to unload him easily at one point in the next year.
I don't see DD going anywhere until the summer of 2014. If you move him out then you have Plekanec and 2 #3 centers, neither Galchenyuk or Eller are ready to center a top 2 line right now. No need to throw them in that situation.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:55 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't see DD going anywhere until the summer of 2014. If you move him out then you have Plekanec and 2 #3 centers, neither Galchenyuk or Eller are ready to center a top 2 line right now. No need to throw them in that situation.
Neither is DD.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:55 AM
NHLFutureGuy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
It really is baffling. Hard ball with PK....big deal for DD. Baffling.
Baffling is also a good word for a lot of people on this board who regularly defend David Desharnais.

Some people don't see how strange it is that he is getting all of this playing time playing like bad when this was supposed to be the no excuses season. Extremely baffling.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:14 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Throw them into what situation? Desharnais plays with the team's best wingers, has sheltered minutes and is supposed to be the most productive line on the team. I don't see how Galchenyuk couldn't step into that role with all of his offensive flair.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:24 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFutureGuy3 View Post
Baffling is also a good word for a lot of people on this board who regularly defend David Desharnais.

Some people don't see how strange it is that he is getting all of this playing time playing like bad when this was supposed to be the no excuses season. Extremely baffling.
You're twisting words. I've openly said he deserves a demotion to a lower line.

I've disagreed on the notion that he needs to be moved. I defend him but never demanded he get great wingers or 1st line minutes. I haven't seen anyone say that.

So before you paint people with your dramatic brush remember no one said that he should get these minutes or should stay on PP.

So ya, baffling indeed. Keep dramatizing everything then call it baffling.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:46 AM
NHLFutureGuy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You're twisting words. I've openly said he deserves a demotion to a lower line.

I've disagreed on the notion that he needs to be moved. I defend him but never demanded he get great wingers or 1st line minutes. I haven't seen anyone say that.

So before you paint people with your dramatic brush remember no one said that he should get these minutes or should stay on PP.

So ya, baffling indeed. Keep dramatizing everything then call it baffling.
Ok I don't remember you ever agreeing with me that he needs to be demoted. If you did, then I'm glad we agree somewhere when it comes to Desharnais. So based on how you have seen him play all season, on which line do you see Desharnais? How many 5 on 5 minutes do you think he should get? Do you think Galchenyuk should be taking his powerplay time? What would be your solution right now?

Also, do you still think he deserved the amount for his contract? Do you think it should have been for four years? Do you think this decision to give him a contract was made hastily?

Old
04-16-2013, 11:53 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Ok I don't remember you ever agreeing with me that he needs to be demoted. If you did, then I'm glad we agree somewhere when it comes to Desharnais. So based on how you have seen him play all season, on which line do you see Desharnais? How many 5 on 5 minutes do you think he should get? Do you think Galchenyuk should be taking his powerplay time? What would be your solution right now?

Also, do you still think he deserved the amount for his contract? Do you think it should have been for four years? Do you think this decision to give him a contract was made hastily?
He has said multiple times that Desharnais should be demoted.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:56 AM
Habs Junkie

No change in the lines at practice today. Desharnais still gets a free ride

Old
04-16-2013, 12:01 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
No change in the lines at practice today. Desharnais still gets a free ride
This is getting ridiculous, what has he done recently? Therrien is just a hypocrite what happened to being accountable for your actions? What happened to him saying that if you play well you'll get more ice time? And when Desharnais will get the odd secondary assist people are going to be quick to point it out.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
This is getting ridiculous, what has he done recently? Therrien is just a hypocrite what happened to being accountable for your actions? What happened to him saying that if you play well you'll get more ice time? And when Desharnais will get the odd secondary assist people are going to be quick to point it out.
3 coaches in 2 seasons, same line. Mind boggling

Old
04-16-2013, 12:06 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
2 points in pwerplay in his last 35 games
And somehow, he manage to still keep this luxury

Now that Gomez as more points than DD in PP with half the ice-time
Mayby.....just MAYBY, Therrien wikk finally try something else.....

Of course not
It's not like we have really hot player who got 7 points in his last 7 games.
It's not like we have a player with an extremely good vision who can pass and score
It's not like we have Galchenyuk or anything.....
Anyone see a pattern here? The Gomez posts started like this about 18 months ago. There is a reason for that. It's called constantly **** play, no production, over many games, resulting, inevitably, in losses, when other forwards do not produce. Knowledgeable fans notice **** like that. Hey!

Have you also notice less and less people defending DD? Bad news. Same thing with Gomer.

Why are we 7-7 the last 14 games?

1. Price.
2. DD cannot score goals on a barn door. Assists from centers are not enough. I have said it and said it and said it again.

I told you guys this a year ago when I wanted Carter.

I was correct.

This PO is DD's test. Do not fool yourself, Bergy will trade him at the deadline next year if he keeps playing like this. And he should.

Last edited by bsl: 04-16-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old
04-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Strange that in a deep analysis of what the future has to look like for the Habs, that Bergevin saw DD in it. A team with the future in mind, would have made Pleks-Galchenyuk-Eller your first 3 centermen. Still don't understand the term. Or at least the combination money-term wasn't good when it happened....Surely doesn't look better now.
It's odd, Bergevin had to see more of Subban after his season last year to give him a long term contract but only needed ~20 games (of mediocre play) to give Desharnais a long term deal at market (perhaps higher than market) value. PAP only got 4.0M on the open market and he had 2 good seasons + not super-undersized.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Habs Junkie

The real question is will Therrien risk the playoffs in order to make his boss look good with that signing. When does he say enough?

Any way you slice it, a top 9 without DD is better then with him.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Ryder
Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Prust-Gallchenyuk-Gallagher

with this line up, RWs are playing RW, LWs are playing LW, and Centers are playing center. Oh, and we look so much bigger in the process!

Old
04-16-2013, 12:15 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Therrien was asked about Desharnais slumping.. he answered that DD is 'good people'... that was his EXCUSE for keeping that line together. So much for NO EXCUSES!

Of course Therrien is stuck with DD. How can he demote or bench DD just weeks after Bergevin signed DD to that 4 year extension?

Old
04-16-2013, 12:17 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
It's odd, Bergevin had to see more of Subban after his season last year to give him a long term contract but only needed ~20 games (of mediocre play) to give Desharnais a long term deal at market (perhaps higher than market) value. PAP only got 4.0M on the open market and he had 2 good seasons + not super-undersized.
Yeah, but Desharnais gives great intermission interviews on RDS!

Old
04-16-2013, 12:18 PM
bsl

Quote:
Yeah I too found his Ryder/Therrien rant kind of odd
Absolute joke. Ryder is a streaky 30 goal scorer. 30. Goals. 30.

DD is a small, unproductive 60 point center at best, who I think will get 12 goals next year, and 50 points. And he's regressing, due to punishment on the ice.

I'll take Ryder's 30 goals any time, thanks.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:20 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
2 points in pwerplay in his last 35 games
And somehow, he manage to still keep this luxury

Now that Gomez as more points than DD in PP with half the ice-time
Mayby.....just MAYBY, Therrien wikk finally try something else.....

Of course not
It's not like we have really hot player who got 7 points in his last 7 games.
It's not like we have a player with an extremely good vision who can pass and score
It's not like we have Galchenyuk or anything.....
Exactement.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:21 PM
WakeUpNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
The real question is will Therrien risk the playoffs in order to make his boss look good with that signing. When does he say enough?

Any way you slice it, a top 9 without DD is better then with him.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Ryder
Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Prust-Gallchenyuk-Gallagher

with this line up, RWs are playing RW, LWs are playing LW, and Centers are playing center. Oh, and we look so much bigger in the process!
Risk the playoffs? This year was written off when Bergevin decided that this team was not good enough to go all the way this year and KEPT his draft picks in his pocket.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Absolute joke. Ryder is a streaky 30 goal scorer. 30. Goals. 30.

DD is a small, unproductive 60 point center at best, who I think will get 12 goals next year, and 50 points. And he's regressing, due to punishment on the ice.

I'll take Ryder's 30 goals any time, thanks.
Not worried much about him not getting many points. bad luck, snakebit, etc... happen to all of them.

But right now he isnt creating chances, he isnt the playmaker he was last season that's for sure and THAT is worrysome.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:29 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Not worried much about him not getting many points. bad luck, snakebit, etc... happen to all of them.

But right now he isnt creating chances, he isnt the playmaker he was last season that's for sure and THAT is worrysome.
The points are always going to come with a guy like Desharnais, but I really question whether we can win it all having a center like him. If we didn't have the depth we have this season we would likely be in the same situation we were last year. I don't think you can have Desharnais as your 2nd line center if you want to go far in the playoffs. He brings nothing besides passing the puck well.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:32 PM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Seriously? After that ass whipping tonight, worrying about David Desharnais is like you being concerned about a mosquito biting you on the arm after you were run over by an 18 wheeler going 70 mph.

It lacks perspective, depth and weight.
Uh. DD is one of the major reasons we got our ass whipped. He cannot score, he cannot hit, and he cannot skate. When the team is struggling, he needs to step up. He is not doing that, and has not done that for many games now. Otherwise, good post.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:36 PM
habtastic

Quote:
It's such ******** and it applies to lots of players. For some, he really doesn't have a choice, cuz there's no one in their position playing better. With DD, today, not being demoted is proof that MT is full of doggy doo doo and I'm starting to really not like how he's revealing himself to be just a PR stunt. Definitely been a good coach, but his mantras are for the public.

Consider that he benched Eller after a 2-1 Toronto loss. No, think about that score for a second. And said Eller was the only one who wasn't putting in effort (which he was). It was an excuse (mm hmmm) to change his lines up to put Chucky in at centre. Yeah Eller responded, but that's not at all why MT benched him, it was for his own line juggling. Also if it DID show a positive result for Eller, uh...why not bench your worst center?

I have always supported DD, but this season, particularly lately, he's been crap. Most of all, he's cost us some huge goals defensively. I always thought he was a humble dude, but when I saw him on AC dressed like a 70s pimp or some psychedelic leprechaun, he rubbed me the wrong way as if he was gods gift to the Habs. Then the contract. I thought he'd be like Pleky, and play even harder, but no. Pisses me off, cuz DD has the ability to school big talented players, but he's just playing like garbage. Doesn't help that Pacioretty sucks too right now. (BTW, any idea why Rosehill was so pissed at him?)

MT can resolve this by giving the Eller line more ice time than DDs since he's not changing anything even though AC said it's time to break it up. Even they can see it's not working and they want what's best for the team for once. Give Chucky a few more minutes and I'm sure him and Eller will put up more goals. They always make something happen.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:37 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Uh. DD is one of the major reasons we got our ass whipped. He cannot score, he cannot hit, and he cannot skate. When the team is struggling, he needs to step up. He is not doing that, and has not done that for many games now. Otherwise, good post.
doesnt even need to do that, he has two goal scorer on his wing, all he has to focus us on is setting Patches and Gallagher up.

If he were to do that well his line would be great.

Right now Patches scores when setup by Plekanec on PPs and Gallagher is setting himself up (so to speak).

Closed Thread