HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NYI/WSH Proposal

Old
09-01-2006, 11:35 AM
islesman478*

vCash: 500
NYI/WSH Proposal

To NYI: Eric Fehr
To WSH: Alexei Yashin, Arron Asham, 2nd rounder

You get Russian center Yashin to play with his bud Ovechkin, cap hit shouldnt matter too much, and Asham a solid 2/3 line winger on that team plus a 2nd rounder. Ovechkin-Yashin-Zubrus

Islanders get a great prospect in return.

Thoughts? Is it a decent offer?

islesman478* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Peter Griffin

I don't think the Caps even consider this offer. I'm sure they want to become a contender in the next fews and having Yashin and his cap hit won't help any team do such.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 11:38 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

how do you know they buds? is it because they are both russian?

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 11:39 AM
boredmale

we couldn't dump yashin for a bag of pucks, don't see how we can get fehr for him Asham and a 2nd rounder

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

The Caps qualify for revenue sharing, and will work to keep it that way. They won't want to add Yashin for that reason alone, much less any other questions. They can probably stand to add a good $2-4M, but not as much as Yashin's salary.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 11:51 AM
bonzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I don't think the Caps even consider this offer. I'm sure they want to become a contender in the next fews and having Yashin and his cap hit won't help any team do such.
Yes, but its special to know that we have so many HF friends around the league that want to trade with us

bonzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Foy

This actually one of the better trades I've seen to dump Yashin's salary, but I'm not sure the Caps want to trae Fehr, and his ability to score clutch goals (as he said once, I don't score all the goals, just the important ones). Asham isn't something that really helps us, and Yashin would just be too annoying in the long term. Value-wise it's kinda there, but the pieces are wrong for what the Caps need.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 12:33 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommieHunter View Post
This actually one of the better trades I've seen to dump Yashin's salary, but I'm not sure the Caps want to trae Fehr, and his ability to score clutch goals (as he said once, I don't score all the goals, just the important ones). Asham isn't something that really helps us, and Yashin would just be too annoying in the long term. Value-wise it's kinda there, but the pieces are wrong for what the Caps need.

if yashin made 4.5M or less it might make some sense for the Caps but Yashin makes way to much to have any trade value other then for another bad contract.

Old
09-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

If the Isles tied a bow around Yashin's head, taught him to dance, and then agreed to fed-ex him over night to Washington, the Caps would still not eat his ridiculous contract. No offfense to the above poster, but it is time to leave these fantasies of getting out from underneath Yashin's contract asside. He is not tradeable, under any circumstances.

The Isles will most likely hang on to Cash-in for another two or three seasons. I expect you'll see him either bought out of the final years, or exiled to the AHL.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommieHunter View Post
Wow, that's a much kinder way to put it from the Caps' POV than what I would've said. I think there's almost no chance. The Caps had their $10m mistake, and they took the necessary steps to get rid of it. That was also with a much better player. I don't see them repeating it.

I assume the original premise comes from the fact that Yashin played with Ovechkin in the Olympics, maybe the WC's too. They do seem to have some chemistry (then again, who wouldn't have chemistry with Ovy?). Also, Ovy does seem to prefer playing with Russian players, so it could also be a move to keep him happy.

Trading Yashin is more or less impossible, and it is completely impossible to do without taking back significant salary. More realistic would be something like Yashin and Dipietro for Kolzig and Fehr. Or on a similar vein, Yashin to LA (showed excellent chemistry with Frolov in past tournies) for Conroy and Miller. And even those have little chance of happening.

Last edited by Seph: 09-01-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Pavel Bure

The Islanders would have to add more to dump Yashin.

I like Seph's idea where we do the goalie swap, but I doubt that will happen.
1. Kolzig decided to re-sign instead of go to a contender, it would be a slap in thr face if they traded to any team that didnt have a legitimate shot at a cup.
2. Mad Mike loves DiPietro (Remember the contract offer?) and since hes still part of the franchise and with the way Wang controls things he probably has alot of control on stuff.

Pavel Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Seph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Bure View Post

1. Kolzig decided to re-sign instead of go to a contender, it would be a slap in thr face if they traded to any team that didnt have a legitimate shot at a cup.
2. Mad Mike loves DiPietro (Remember the contract offer?) and since hes still part of the franchise and with the way Wang controls things he probably has alot of control on stuff.
I doubt it'd happen too, I was more trying to illustrate what would it require to get a GM to even call us back. But in the real world, I see little chance at all that Yashin will wear anything but an Islander jersey for at least the next 3 years. In my dreams of course, he would wear a Bridgeport Sound Tigers jersey, but we won't get that lucky either. Though, I would point out that what Mike thinks of Dipi isn't really an issue, as he's no longer GM and it was actually Wang that thought up the contract offer. Of course, since Wang's in control, your comment is not without merit.

Old
09-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Bure View Post

Mad Mike is not part of the franchise. He works for Wang and is involved on the buisness side of all of Wang's sports teams. He has no say in whether or not Dipietro gets moved.

Old
09-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Kaktus*

If Washington I woudl remember Jagrs trade, get pissed off and trade Kris Beech and 2nd 2006-07 for Yahsin and Hunter 1st 2006-07

Take NYI for a ride.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 01:35 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
If Washington I woudl remember Jagrs trade, get pissed off and trade Kris Beech and 2nd 2006-07 for Yahsin and Hunter 1st 2006-07

Take NYI for a ride.
Sadly that deal still favors the Islanders due to contract

Old
09-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesman478 View Post

You get Russian center Yashin to play with his bud Ovechkin, cap hit shouldnt matter too much, and Asham a solid 2/3 line winger on that team plus a 2nd rounder. Ovechkin-Yashin-Zubrus

You are stuck with Yashin.

Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Seph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post

Take NYI for a ride.
Get pissed? Why? The three guys Washington traded for Jagr have combined for a total of 36points in the NHL in the 5 years since that trade. Jagr was a ppg player for Washington and scored over double both full seasons he played for Washington, and was on pace to doublt it again when he was traded. Despite that Washington ended up with only Aulin to show for it all, they still won that trade.

Old
09-01-2006, 01:47 PM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesman478 View Post

Then who is the #1 center on Long Island or how do you acquire one?

AgentOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Get pissed? Why? The three guys Washington traded for Jagr have combined for a total of 36points in the NHL in the 5 years since that trade. Jagr was a ppg player for Washington and scored over double both full seasons he played for Washington, and was on pace to doublt it again when he was traded. Despite that Washington ended up with only Aulin to show for it all, they still won that trade.
because Jagr's laxidaisical attitude caused us to lose some of our better players like Konowalchuck who got fed up with Jagr in the lockerroom.

He made our whole team "die alive inside"

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Seph

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
Then who is the #1 center on Long Island or how do you acquire one?
Do we really care? We're destined to suck this year either way, and York was decent enough between Hunter and Satan last year on the top line. Next summer we're free to pluck a much better option from the UFA pool, when players like Forsberg, Briere and Gomez become available.

Last edited by Seph: 09-01-2006 at 02:04 PM.
Old
09-01-2006, 02:05 PM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Do we really care? We're destined to suck this year either way, and York was decent enough between Hunter and Satan last year on the top line. Next summer we're free to pluck a much better option from the UFA pool, when players like Briere and Gomez become available.
Not necessarily.....

Who's to say a better player/option will become available next year?

Who's to say that player would even sign with Long Island?

AgentOrange* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Anything is better than having Yashin and his contract.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Seph

Quote:
Not necessarily.....

Who's to say that player would even sign with Long Island?
Then we sign a cheaper, comparable stop gap center and use the remaining money on other things like improving the defense or giving raises to players that derserve them.

Old
09-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Well, if the Isles ate some of Yashin's salary, and instead of getting Fehr, just threw in a pick or two, it "might" be something worth talking about.

As is, no chance.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Well, if the Isles ate some of Yashin's salary, and instead of getting Fehr, just threw in a pick or two, it "might" be something worth talking about.

As is, no chance.

Especially since eating salary is against the rules of the new CBA.