HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Adirondack Phantoms (2013-14 schedule in post #973)

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 10:00 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Pittsburgh: Fleury, Vokun, Zatkoff
Philadelphia: Bryzgalov, Mason, Heeter

Pretty much the same amount of guys signed for next year.
Ahhh yes you are correct. For some reason I thought Heeter had a 1 yr contract not two.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:43 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

How are the majority of you guys watching Phantoms games this year?

Old
04-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
unless the flyers get sunshine this offseason
I still don't understand the fascination with sunshine. No other team has made him an offer, so I have to assume that a.) he doesn't want to come over right now, b.) is looking to jump immediately into the NHL, or c.) no one else sees his game converting to NA. I would have thought fans would have learned from the Niko Hovinen experiment that European goaltending does not always carry over.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:39 AM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
I still don't understand the fascination with sunshine. No other team has made him an offer, so I have to assume that a.) he doesn't want to come over right now, b.) is looking to jump immediately into the NHL, or c.) no one else sees his game converting to NA. I would have thought fans would have learned from the Niko Hovinen experiment that European goaltending does not always carry over.
Don't bring your logic here.

The armchair GMs know more than the 30 GMs of the NHL who havent offered him a contract.

04-15-2013, 08:28 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
actually an article was posted a couple pages back that said he's been in contact with several NHL teams but that he wasn't ready to make the jump over. the article went on to say that he wants to play in NA next season. So it was option a.) but things have since changed. i really want him or a similar top flight goaltender from overseas cause outside of stolarz who is imo 3-4yr away the flyers have no goalie depth and he's only 22 (well he turns 23 in couple months). and of course all European goaltenders games don't translate to the NHL but what is the harm in trying? It worked out extremely well for Bob, in fact he's the current front runner for the Vezina (not that his situation is typical).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Don't bring your logic here.

The armchair GMs know more than the 30 GMs of the NHL who havent offered him a contract.
see above

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
How are the majority of you guys watching Phantoms games this year?
free streams every now and then. my friend also had a subscription to AHL live or something that he would let me use.

edit: here is a translated link to the aforementioned article. the translation is atrocious but you'll get the point http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...cle16574699.ab

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 04-15-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old
04-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
unless the flyers get sunshine this offseason
Yes please

Old
04-15-2013, 09:42 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
I'm going to laugh when the Flyers sign Eriksson and he stinks, the fans turn on him and he decides to bolt back to Europe

Old
04-15-2013, 10:03 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I'm going to laugh when the Flyers sign Eriksson and he stinks, the fans turn on him and he decides to bolt back to Europe
he can't be worse then Heeter and would therefore better our prospect pool so what would the problem?

Old
04-15-2013, 10:29 AM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
RT @WharnsbyCBC: #Pens will sign UFA Quinnipiac G Eric Hartzell, a Hobey Baker candidate.

Welp.
What reasons would he have had to sign in "the City of Brotherly Love towards hockey goalkeepers"?

Old
04-15-2013, 11:08 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Wouldnt be suprised when any goalie we sign never works. But i guess we can roll with these average ahl goalies

Old
04-15-2013, 11:18 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I still think he's worth a look though. I really have no expectations for him until he comes over and proves himself in the NA but he's still worth a shot.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:38 AM
ScJeff

posted in ticket exchange as well but because this is free and soon I thoguht id post here too to get these a good home.

Two tickets Section A Row 2 for FREE for a good home for the game Apirl 20th. My best friend, a flyers fan, just went into the hopsital after trying to take his life and I had bought theses tickets as part of a road trip we were going too do. I just want these to be used, as preferably a good home. If you are in or near glenn falls and already have tickets but know of a family who could use these please e-mail me
scjeff@hotmail.com. I will need a full name of the person who will pick it up as they are "will call" tickets and I will have to call the box office to get it changed from my name.

Thanks,

Old
04-15-2013, 12:15 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScJeff View Post
posted in ticket exchange as well but because this is free and soon I thoguht id post here too to get these a good home.

Two tickets Section A Row 2 for FREE for a good home for the game Apirl 20th. My best friend, a flyers fan, just went into the hopsital after trying to take his life and I had bought theses tickets as part of a road trip we were going too do. I just want these to be used, as preferably a good home. If you are in or near glenn falls and already have tickets but know of a family who could use these please e-mail me
scjeff@hotmail.com. I will need a full name of the person who will pick it up as they are "will call" tickets and I will have to call the box office to get it changed from my name.

Thanks,
I hope your friend recovers and you are okay. If know one claims them here maybe get in touch with the team and see if they have some people in mind to give them away too. Alternatively you could hit up one of the beat writers from either The Post-Star or The Saratogian and see if they have some suggestions.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 04-15-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old
04-15-2013, 12:22 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

Thanks,
Sorry to here about you friend. Hope all goes well. And thank you for your generosity, unfortunately I personally am not in a position to take them off your hands.

Old
04-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Can't work out any worse than Hovinen.

Old
04-15-2013, 08:02 PM
daynus

Quote:

Thanks,
is about 2000 miles away, so no tickets for me. just wanna say, best wishes to your friend. hope all ends well.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:06 PM
LegionOfDoom91

This is from Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts column on Hartzell and the Flyers:
Quote:
In preparing for Hotstove on Saturday, word was Quinnipiac goalie Eric Hartzell's two likeliest destinations were Pittsburgh and Vancouver. Saturday afternoon, a couple of sources said not to discount Philadelphia. (The phrase used was, "I heard the team making the biggest run at him was Philadelphia.") Sent an email to Paul Holmgren, who was unable to return the note until after the segment aired. "Bad scoop," he said. His denial should be noted, especially since the Penguins got the player.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
This is from Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts column on Hartzell and the Flyers:
I was just going to post that. I think that is very intersting because the Flyers only have Cal Heeter for the phantoms next year. They will need another AHL goalie. If they weren't interested in Hartzell, maybe there is another prospect that they have their eyes on.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:51 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I was just going to post that. I think that is very intersting because the Flyers only have Cal Heeter for the phantoms next year. They will need another AHL goalie. If they weren't interested in Hartzell, maybe there is another prospect that they have their eyes on.
Via the draft maybe but of do they won't be going to the AHL next season. Maybe another free agent (college or overseas) though there really aren't many to choose from with any real upside.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:58 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
They might try to take a run at Antti Rantaa from the SM-liiga. He's the only real prized goaltending free agent available now.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Via the draft maybe but of do they won't be going to the AHL next season. Maybe another free agent (college or overseas) though there really aren't many to choose from with any real upside.
It could be someone out of the blue like Bob was. He wasn't really on the radar until someone said the Flyers were interested in him. To me it parallels the Zaitsev situation. I think I read on another board, so it could be crap, that Carchidi had a quote from Nate Schmidt that the Flyers never offered him. I thought that was odd until the rumor of Zaitsev appeared. The Flyers might like a relative unknown out there.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:04 PM
jb**

Quote:
They might try to take a run at Antti Rantaa from the SM-liiga. He's the only real prized goaltending free agent available now.
we both know the waterboy will be back. the veteran mentor

Old
04-16-2013, 02:16 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Flyers seem to go for the unknown players alot. Has worked out in the past (Read & Bob & for the most part Gustafsson). I do trust them pretty well with young players. I do hope the Zaitsev thing is true. Like others said though, guess we got to wait for the 30th to see if he signs or not. He doesnt have a contract atm so he could go to the NHL or even back to the KHL. I personally think the chances are higher he returns to KHL.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Flyers seem to go for the unknown players alot. Has worked out in the past (Read & Bob & for the most part Gustafsson). I do trust them pretty well with young players. I do hope the Zaitsev thing is true. Like others said though, guess we got to wait for the 30th to see if he signs or not. He doesnt have a contract atm so he could go to the NHL or even back to the KHL. I personally think the chances are higher he returns to KHL.
It would be nice to sign him and draft Zardorov (if the Flyers fall out of the top 10). Start a Russian pipeline to the Flyers.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
I hope we do... best goaltender in Europe atm who has a game that can transition to NHL (size etc) IMO sunshine is the only other keeper in that class, but Rantaa is better.

Closed Thread