HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who should we draft?

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 08:29 PM
AEM6729

vCash: 500
Serious question, my apologies if it's been covered already: is there a website similar to Sports Club Stats that, instead of tracking your chance of making the playoffs, tracks your chance of obtaining certain draft positions?

If there's not, there should be!

Old
04-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Top 6 Spaling

If you go to sports club stats, you can look at something that tells you the chance of being a certain overall seed, so reverse that, and that's your chance at a pick pre lottery. It's a hyperlink on the right, or just go here.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHLlottery.html

Old
04-15-2013, 10:58 PM
truefan8993

Wow,we are at third

Old
04-15-2013, 11:04 PM
The PH Factor

I like Lindholm but would he be too low if we're picking top 5?

Also would love to deal Kostitsyn and Yip in the offseason but I'm probably getting ahead of myself there.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PH Factor View Post
I like Lindholm but would he be too low if we're picking top 5?

Also would love to deal Kostitsyn and Yip in the offseason but I'm probably getting ahead of myself there.
We could always move back and get a very high 2nd rounder. I'm curious to see how high they value Mackinnon, he was supposed to be the next big thing a few years ago and now he's pretty much consensus no.2 this close to the draft. If we think he can be a cornerstone like Tavares or whomever do you think we try and trade up? It isn't too often we're in a position to get an elite player.

Old
04-15-2013, 11:17 PM
NoNecksCurse

we're pretty much a lock for a top 5 pick... since we have essentially never been in this place before, we should do whatever it takes to get mackinnon.. at least drouin. mackinnon because he is the franchise CENTER. the way this franchise has been ran we may not have another top 10 for another 7 years.. no reason not to tank. the worst thing for us is to go at #5.. #2-#4 and we get mackinnon, drouin, or barkov. that's in the order im suspecting they will be drafted from the research ive done tanking into consideration team needs.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:41 PM
maplepred

Do you think drouin could be better than mackinnon?! I mean it's hard to judge because they play on same team, they have one another to play with. I wonder how good either is without the other.

Do you think drouin and mackinnon both have a shot at becoming franchise forwards?! What about barkov?! Is he gonna be good or great?!

Old
04-16-2013, 12:51 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

It's all about who tanks, and who plays it out. We have similar pts., but games in hand on Calgary, Philly, Tampa, Jersey, and Edmonton. All about the tank.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:03 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Do you think drouin could be better than mackinnon?! I mean it's hard to judge because they play on same team, they have one another to play with. I wonder how good either is without the other.

Do you think drouin and mackinnon both have a shot at becoming franchise forwards?! What about barkov?! Is he gonna be good or great?!
before you take anything i say to seriously, I have not seen any of these guys LIVE. ive only watch videos, highlights and read some reports and comments on their play. this is what I've gathered.

when it comes to who has the most offensive potential its drouin, mackinnon, then barkov.

mackinnon is the best fit for us if we can get him. he seems to be a pretty much sure-fire #1 center along the lines of tavares. mackinnon is very good defensively and at faceoffs. this is the best fit for us going forward.

drouin has the most offensive potential and can literally make something happen out of an inch of space. great at all aspects offensively.

barkov has the ceiling of a #1 center but doesn't seem to be as much of a guarantee. could see him more of a tweener and becoming a great two-way 2nd line center that could play 1st line. barkov was recently injured .. had surgery on shoulder and should be out a couple of months. don't know if that could affect his draft stock.

if we're at #3 and mackinnon is gone, i think we must take drouin even though we badly need a center.. you just don't pass up a guy like drouin. we really need to nab a top 3 pick. i really like lindholm, too. but everyone would obviously take mackinnon before him.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Top 6 Spaling

From what I've heard, Drouin is more Patrick Kane-ish and Mackinnon is more Tavares-ish.

All things equal, give me the center.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:12 PM
predfan24

I also have not seen any play live but from my research I'd be thrilled with any of Mackinnon,Drouin,Barkov.

Mackinnon is probably the most explosive skater in the draft. He has great hands, a good feel for the game and isn't afraid to use his skill in tight spaces and go to the net.

Drouin looks like have the most pure offensive skill in the draft.

Barkov is a big left handed center who can put the puck in the net and has deceptive speed and good skill.

Be happy with any of them but in my total non expert opinion I'd rank them

Mackinnon
Drouin
Barkov

I think that's the order they will go as well so in order to gran one of them we will probably need a top 4 pick.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:17 PM
NoNecksCurse

valeri nichushkin is ranked #2 in the latest rankings behind seth jones from ISS. so i don't think its a guarantee barkov goes in the first 4, although its likely. nichushkin will probably fall since the whole Russian factor and playing in the KHL.. could be a high risk/high reward... poile won't touch him with a 300 foot pole im sure though

Old
04-16-2013, 01:31 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
... poile won't touch him with a 300 foot pole im sure though
Depending who's still on the board, I don't blame him.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:38 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Depending who's still on the board, I don't blame him.
if he fell to the #7-#12 range, then sure.. but id still have other guys id take before him. the radulov experience was just a nightmare.

although i don't think we will have to worry. almost looks certain we will have a top 5 pick. which means we will be getting either mackinnon, drouin, barkov, lindholm, or a couple of long shots considering circumstances, seth jones and valeri nichushkin.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Top 6 Spaling

We need to hope Nich goes high, letting someone else drop to us. Poile won't draft him, but I'd love for him to go #2/3 so Mackinnon/Drouin drops a pick.

Last edited by Top 6 Spaling: 04-16-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old
04-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I bet it goes
1) Jones
2) Nichushkin

Praying for a lottery win

Old
04-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I bet it goes
1) Jones
2) Nichushkin

Praying for a lottery win
If the Hockey Gods have forsaken us so much this season, I hope they favor us in such a manner on April 29.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:14 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preddownsouth View Post
If the Hockey Gods have forsaken us so much this season, I hope they favor us in such a manner on April 29.
By "the Hockey Gods", do you mean Gary Bettman and his lottery-rigging?

Old
04-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Preddownsouth

Today Preds sit 6th in draft order - 38 pts:

Tampa 5th 37 pts., Preds 2 games in-hand
Carolina 4th 36 pts., Preds 3 games in-hand
Calgary 3rd 36 pts., Preds 2 games in-hand
Colorado 2nd 35 pts., Preds 1 game in-hand
Florida 1st 32 pts., Preds 3 games in-hand

Old
04-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
By "the Hockey Gods", do you mean Gary Bettman and his lottery-rigging?
Not Edmonton AGAIN.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Not Edmonton AGAIN.
There would be a mob in front of Bettman's office.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:49 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
before you take anything i say to seriously, I have not seen any of these guys LIVE. ive only watch videos, highlights and read some reports and comments on their play. this is what I've gathered.

when it comes to who has the most offensive potential its drouin, mackinnon, then barkov.

mackinnon is the best fit for us if we can get him. he seems to be a pretty much sure-fire #1 center along the lines of tavares. mackinnon is very good defensively and at faceoffs. this is the best fit for us going forward.

drouin has the most offensive potential and can literally make something happen out of an inch of space. great at all aspects offensively.

barkov has the ceiling of a #1 center but doesn't seem to be as much of a guarantee. could see him more of a tweener and becoming a great two-way 2nd line center that could play 1st line. barkov was recently injured .. had surgery on shoulder and should be out a couple of months. don't know if that could affect his draft stock.

if we're at #3 and mackinnon is gone, i think we must take drouin even though we badly need a center.. you just don't pass up a guy like drouin. we really need to nab a top 3 pick. i really like lindholm, too. but everyone would obviously take mackinnon before him.
Thanks NNC!
I think after reading stuff as well, we have to go with mackinnon or drouin. Barkov could be risky especially with surgery he just had, and Lindholm and monahan are great prospects but bit guarantees. I think drouin or mackinnon would be the guy to build the offense around. Imagine we got a star sniper locked up longterm like weber and rinne?!?! Unstoppable!!

''Prey''ing for mackinnon or drouin!!

Old
04-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Today Preds sit 6th in draft order - 38 pts:

Tampa 5th 37 pts., Preds 2 games in-hand
Carolina 4th 36 pts., Preds 3 games in-hand
Calgary 3rd 36 pts., Preds 2 games in-hand
Colorado 2nd 35 pts., Preds 1 game in-hand
Florida 1st 32 pts., Preds 3 games in-hand
The good news is Tampa and Carolina play each other And Florida and Tampa play. let's hope for a 3 point games and Calgary plays us once so they can move up. Preds lose the rest of the season they would finish with the 3rd position with a good shot in the lottery

Old
04-16-2013, 04:12 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
The good news is Tampa and Carolina play each other And Florida and Tampa play. let's hope for a 3 point games and Calgary plays us once so they can move up. Preds lose the rest of the season they would finish with the 3rd position with a good shot in the lottery
If we finish in the #3 slot as long as no one below us wins the lottery we should be golden

I can't imagine two other teams passing on Jones so that means if we are #3 we either get McKinnon or Drouin.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:13 PM
sighthndlady

What did Philly pay to move up to #1 and take Fleury? How about Vancouver to get both Sedins? Just wishful thinking, that if we won the lottery one of the other top 5 might want to pay to get Jones.

Closed Thread