HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 12:58 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
What's the point of this video?
Start from 0:48

not sure if you're being fascetious

Old
04-16-2013, 12:59 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
You make it sound sooooo easy with the weight of the world on your shoulder. You would be crying buckets of tears if you were in that position and as much as he's a pro athelete, he is human and frustrated and for a goalie, that is not where you want to be.

As for MD doing "his job". He can easily do his job without Carey hearing this after being pulled:

"unintelligible sounds......Carey Price......unintelligible sounds" *Cameras all pulling in for close ups on him*

Just saying, could have answered the question without saying Carey Price. I would rather his "job" include not screw up the mind of the only goalie we have and will have who can take us to where we want to go.

Again, did you listen to what Gally said re: Price???
Rofl.. You make it sound like Price never jad a camera in front of him with people questioning him...

For the love of god people...

Old
04-16-2013, 01:02 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Start from 0:48

not sure if you're being fascetious
I still don't see any relation to my post whatsoever. Gallagher or anyone else can say whatever the hell they want for that matter. To me words mean nothing. The let their goalie down, when he needed them the most. That's what happened. And it's going to take much more than a cute little 30 seconds clip to make me change my mind on that.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:08 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
Rofl.. You make it sound like Price never jad a camera in front of him with people questioning him...

For the love of god people...
So, what, he's supposed to be loving it now? The team crapped the bed in a bounceback game and we have Carey Price discussion thread 2.0. People blaming him for what was NOT his fault.

And they weren't questioning him, they were talking about him and doing the full media swarm. It's not like RDS is evil, it just wasn't a good time to do that from the perspective of someone who doesn't want Price to fall into a psychological hole. Obviously he's a lot stronger than I'm portraying him to be and he'll come back with a vengeance, but it'll be with the memory of people second guessing HIM after one of the worst D performances (whole team) I've seen.

LMFAO to you too cuz I find your lack of sensitivity to what's going on in players' heads to be devoid of understanding the position of goaltender and in addition to what this guy has had to put up with from media and fans. Cuts both ways. Carey will be fine, but if you watched that AC clip, and enjoyed it, you may hate Carey Price. I happen to be a fan, so piling on him is something I tend not to like. *enter dismissive acronym*

Old
04-16-2013, 01:10 PM
ryanwb

A very small part of me wants to see Budaj get absolutely lit up by the Penguins tomorrow night, just to see what the Budaj-for-starter lobbyists have to say...

But the much, much larger part of me really wants to see him get the win because the team needs it.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:14 PM
habtastic

Quote:
I still don't see any relation to my post whatsoever. Gallagher or anyone else can say whatever the hell they want for that matter. To me words mean nothing. The let their goalie down, when he needed them the most. That's what happened. And it's going to take much more than a cute little 30 seconds clip to make me change my mind on that.
He mentioned some actual FACTS btw, in case you missed them, re: Carey giving them a chance, which is back up by, oh idk, reality?

2-2 game due to (look at the number of saves up until then, most of them difficult) gorges just deciding D is for the birds. In the slot, two guys do nothing, goal.

This was repeated going forward. If you think Gally was just going through the motions, think again. Listen to what he said about the team and how they played. He's pissed cuz he gave it his all (Gally) and he knows that the rest of the team played like crap in front of a goalie who gave them a chance to win in a game where they had to do it for him.

NM, you'll see and hear what you want to. Budaj is starting. I hope we win. We'll see what happens to Carey. I'm not the one who's worried about him. Enjoy the swiss cheese team D we have if they have a repeat performance.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:15 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwb View Post
A very small part of me wants to see Budaj get absolutely lit up by the Penguins tomorrow night, just to see what the Budaj-for-starter lobbyists have to say...

But the much, much larger part of me really wants to see him get the win because the team needs it.
I don't think there's one single Habs fan in his right mind who wants Budaj to replace Price as a starter. Because if that happens, the guy labelled as our franchise goalie might be done and over with in Montreal, and that's in no way a good thing for us considering our non-existent depth at this position.

So you'd be cheering for our team, and a good guy to get lit up for absolutely nothing. Not your best post...

Old
04-16-2013, 01:16 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Sit him for the remainder of the regular season.
Brilliant idea!

lets not give him time to work on his game, get some confidence.
Lets get him all rusty without any playing time
THEN
when it REALLY counts in the postseason...start him in goal, and when he has a lousy game scream and yell about what a bum he is.
Then
Trade him for far less his value since we sucked it out of him and
THEN
Play Budaj next year with an AHL goalie as backup in a 82 game season!
Absolutely brilliant!!!

Old
04-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Craig71

I don't speak french but the fact that Denis stood no more than 5 feet from carey and repeatedly said Carey's name over and over, I mean c'mon man. If I was Price I would have done Kumota proud and jumped up and flattened Denis right to the floor.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:17 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
He mentioned some actual FACTS btw, in case you missed them, re: Carey giving them a chance, which is back up by, oh idk, reality?

2-2 game due to (look at the number of saves up until then, most of them difficult) gorges just deciding D is for the birds. In the slot, two guys do nothing, goal.

This was repeated going forward. If you think Gally was just going through the motions, think again. Listen to what he said about the team and how they played. He's pissed cuz he gave it his all (Gally) and he knows that the rest of the team played like crap in front of a goalie who gave them a chance to win in a game where they had to do it for him.

NM, you'll see and hear what you want to. Budaj is starting. I hope we win. We'll see what happens to Carey. I'm not the one who's worried about him. Enjoy the swiss cheese team D we have if they have a repeat performance.
I just don't see what the **** is the point you're trying to make considering what I just posted in this thread. So I'll leave it at that. Players can talk all they want, they had to step up for a friend and a teammate yesterday, and just didn't. So as much as I like Gallagher, whose line was on the ice for quite a couple of defensive meltdowns yesterday, he can shut the **** up and keep that stuff behind closed door. They made fools out of themselves yesterday by backing up their goalie in front of the media, and then not even competing for his own sake. So adding up on top of that is even more ridiculous to me, since you couldn't even back up your words as a group.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:19 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
I don't speak french but the fact that Denis stood no more than 5 feet from carey and repeatedly said Carey's name over and over, I mean c'mon man. If I was Price I would have done Kumota proud and jumped up and flattened Denis right to the floor.
Especially since that guy is probably the worst goalie to have ever donned the CH in history. Geez. I still remember those 20 minutes he played for us like it was yesterday. It was that bad.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

I dont know about you guys, but I havent seen a team let up so many 2-1s, 3-1s and a few 4-1s in a long time. I hate the few goals Carey let in between his pads but the defense is simply abysmal. Add to the fact that most of our shots on goal the last two games where barely a threat and we cant hit anything that moves if our lives depended on it and you have the results we have.

Also I'm getting sick and tired of people saying Carey hasnt stolen a game for us yet. He has stolen games for us time after time, and he will in the playoffs too.

In Carey we trust....as I've said during the Huet days, Halak days and whatever days we have coming forward. No goalie will ever have a chance to succeed in Montreal if we expect a perfect result everytime. All other top tier goalies have had off days, Carey will turn this around.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:24 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
Wow, nice personnal attacks there bud. What in the world do you know about me that makes you believe I would be "crying buckets of tears"?!?! You sound a hell lot like that leave britney alone guy.

And again on the Denis thing, he's answering a question about Carey Price, so obviously he will say his name lol and if you are such a Price fanboy, you should believe in him a bit more and not take for granted that he's affected by some reporters comments...
Ouch, like nobody has heard that britney line before when having to defend Price.

What makes me think that about you? The fact that it applies to anyone here who hasn't played an NHL game. Maybe some who have. (BTW, if you think that's a personal attack and not a differentiation between an HF poster and the goalie of the Habs...I can do better)

Jsut for logic's sake, why does he HAVE to say Carey's name?

Q: "Comment expliquer les déboirs récent de CAREY PRICE?"

A: "Bon, c'est parce-que SON style demande que..."

(no idea who he would have been talking about)

I do believe in him, but I also remember how the fans and media have been on his back and how it did affect him. PK has said the same thing too recently. You underestimate the effect it has and as a fanboy (and proud), I just don't like to SEE that stuff, even if it's just ME who is being affected by it (still think it was idiotic). Again, this is not really a big deal since MD is his buddy and RDS isn't out to get him by any means. It was just poorly executed IMO.

Anyway, you'll be eating out of his trapper, probably again, so I hope you like the taste of leather.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:24 PM
ryanwb

Quote:
I don't think there's one single Habs fan in his right mind who wants Budaj to replace Price as a starter. Because if that happens, the guy labelled as our franchise goalie might be done and over with in Montreal, and that's in no way a good thing for us considering our non-existent depth at this position.

So you'd be cheering for our team, and a good guy to get lit up for absolutely nothing. Not your best post...
I was going to say just check this thread if you want to see some people who want Budaj to replace Price as starter, but then I read the part about being in his right mind...

Old
04-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

I just booked a vacation for next week. I will miss the last few and the final game vs. the Leafs. Why do I see this as adding years to my life?

Old
04-16-2013, 01:29 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
THANK YOU, someone gets it. I speak french so I actually know that he was defending Carey's style, but like you, Carey doesn't so all he heard was gibberish and his name thrown in. Not trying to continue the MD debate, just highlighting the point you bring up.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:32 PM
25get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Especially since that guy is probably the worst goalie to have ever donned the CH in history. Geez. I still remember those 20 minutes he played for us like it was yesterday. It was that bad.
20 minutes over a career 19,526 minutes.

Kind of unfair don't you think.
I know he his not the greatest but he should know more about goalie than most of us.
Did a season of 66 games and .918 and 2.56 with CBJ.
Another season of 77 games.

I personally find him entertaining and he provides us with good insight during the game.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Crazy Monkey

Price is already a top 5-10 goalie in the league. Had a rough couple of games. So what?!! He has STOLEN games in the past when the rest of your team has ***** the bed. He is a competitor. Watch out if this kid heats up in the playoffs.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Monkey View Post
Price is already a top 5-10 goalie in the league. Had a rough couple of games. So what?!! He has STOLEN games in the past when the rest of your team has ***** the bed. He is a competitor. Watch out if this kid heats up in the playoffs.
Sorry, he is not. Consider this myth busted.

29th in save pct. That's horrible.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:35 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I've unbusted it for you since that's how science works.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:38 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post

I know he his not the greatest but he should know more about goalie than most of us.

I personally find him entertaining and he provides us with good insight during the game.
Just to be clear, totally agree with this sentiment. I actually really like MD. I merely thought THAT particular action could have been avoided. Also, the guy bashes my disapproval of MD having a (I hope) slip of the tongue/mental mistake, then goes on to bash the guy as a goalie like they're in any way related. I now see the logic we're dealing with.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:40 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

Quote:
No, you just missed the point. Also, you must mean fail at interpreting. Who needs lessons?
Whatever helps you sleep at night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post

He's ****ing horrible. Half of the time you can't even hear the end of his sentences because he doesn't articulate for ****, and he says the most predictable **** ever. Pretty much all what he says could be said between periods or between games for all I care, he just spits a bunch of prepared, pre-thought sentences and never actually sees anything of value on the ice.

As for his career, he sucked ass for TB and pretty much any other team he played on besides that good season in Columbus. And even then, 2.56 GAA in the dead puck era is hardly great accomplishments.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Crazy Monkey

Quote:

He was top 7 in 2010-2011. I can also use selection bias to my advantage

There is more to ranking goalies than simple stats (GAA and save %). Kid is young and will only get better, which is scary

Old
04-16-2013, 01:46 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Whatever helps you sleep at night...
If I have trouble, melatonin or valerian root. Otherwise, 4 hrs on HF boards tuckers me out post-game dealing with people like you.

Quote:
He's ****ing horrible. Half of the time you can't even hear the end of his sentences because he doesn't articulate for ****, and he says the most predictable **** ever. Pretty much all what he says could be said between periods or between games for all I care, he just spits a bunch of prepared, pre-thought sentences and never actually sees anything of value on the ice.

As for his career, he sucked ass for TB and pretty much any other team he played on besides that good season in Columbus. And even then, 2.56 GAA in the dead puck era is hardly great accomplishments.
You think MD is a horrible colour commentator? Really? Like you're not joking? I almost want to do a poll, cuz he's generally regarded as being fantastic (despite my distaste for that moment). Do you remember his predecessors? I guess you're a Glen Healy fan or Ray Ferraro. Mcguire?

Old
04-16-2013, 01:47 PM
sandysan

Quote:

save percentage is for people who cant be bothered with watching the actual games.

Save percentage assumes every shot it equally likely to score and that there is no value in making that one " big save" that the players on the ice can rally around. I dont care if we win 7-6 so long as he stops the chances that would make it 7-7.

Price is struggling right now, hes not currently nor has he ever been horrible. just a bad case of the yips that will pass. if he stinks it out in the playoffs you can be assured he will get his fair share ( if not more) of criticism. Starting the criticism after two games after we have already clinched a spot is a little premature.

Closed Thread