HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Completely OT (Some Obscene Number)

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2013, 12:37 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Anyone else battling the scrappy tiger mosquitos - get rid of standing water as priority one. It's probably your neighbors plastic flower pot catching water and causing you misery. I am going to give this a try.

HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
Items needed:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle

HOW:
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)

Change the solution every 2 weeks

Drinking not necessary for proper disposal

Next up, how to control that hardcore plant taking over the area, the Hairy Bittercress. Bet you didnt know we had a winter weed. The propulsion rate of the seeds and quantity, make this thing a RPITFA.

Last edited by RandyHolt: 04-11-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Old
04-12-2013, 06:31 PM
msrulo

vCash: 500
I really shouldn't be watching the show Game of Thrones, but I am. Got disinterested from the book..

Old
04-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Any chance anyone here is a what.cd member?

Old
04-13-2013, 07:45 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Used to have a soccer thread.

I'm an arsenal fan, but that linesman needs to be investigated just to be sure. Corner kick, penalty, and theo offsides non-call all pretty questionable calls in short period of time.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:00 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

My alien bros are telling me there is going to be good Aurora viewing tonight. DC is somehow in the Good zone.

Aurora Revolution.

Old
04-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Cool!

When?

Edit: Looked it up and apparently it already passed. Went outside and didn't see anything.

Last edited by Carlzner: 04-13-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old
04-13-2013, 10:13 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

I thought it wasn't supposed to be visible until after midnight.

This article written today, implies tonight....

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/201...ights-forecast

Live Stream options

http://www.livestream.com/aurora_borealis

Old
04-15-2013, 02:13 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

Breaking News

http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro...html?hpt=hp_t2

Live

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013-bost...n-finish-line/

Last edited by RandyHolt: 04-15-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old
04-15-2013, 03:09 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Good GoT episode last night but that rock song in the credits was jarring considering the last scene.

04-15-2013, 06:03 PM
WetHog

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Thoughts and prayers to the folks in Boston. Sobering moment for those of us that spend a lot of time in DC. Be vigilant, be safe.

Old
04-15-2013, 06:28 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Pretty surprised this hasn't happened yet post-911 but should not be surprising.

Not sure if anyone is catching the Vice show on HBO at Fridays 11pm. The segment on Pakistan and India tensions was some scary stuff if they go nuclear on each other.

Last edited by usiel: 04-15-2013 at 06:48 PM. Reason: wrong word usage
Old
04-15-2013, 06:41 PM
msrulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Pretty surprised this hasn't happened yet post-911 but should not be surprising.

Not sure if anyone is catching the Vice show on HBO at Fridays 11pm. The segment on Pakistan and India attentions was some scary stuff if they go nuclear on each other.
People have differing opinions on this topic. I love the US but I just can't believe they wouldn't stop Pakistan from getting nuclear.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:13 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Man the Mumbai attacks in India by Pakistani ISI backed militants was pretty crazy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Mumbai_attacks

Old
04-15-2013, 11:01 PM
msrulo

Quote:
Good GoT episode last night but that rock song in the credits was jarring considering the last scene.
I don't get the song. Did they screw up?

Old
04-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Thoughts and prayers to the folks in Boston. Sobering moment for those of us that spend a lot of time in DC. Be vigilant, be safe.
Thank you! They screwed with the wrong city.

I am Boston Strong

Old
04-16-2013, 01:18 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post
I don't get the song. Did they screw up?

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/...thrones-music/

Old
04-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Ha. I don't watch the show, but is that Hold Steady song what people are complaining about here?

Old
04-16-2013, 01:32 PM
msrulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Ha. I don't watch the show, but is that Hold Steady song what people are complaining about here?
Yep lol. They totally ruined the scene in the end.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:39 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I thought it was great. Great juxtaposition between the mood of the song and the mood of the final scene.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:49 PM
msrulo

Apparently the juncture kicked in 20 seconds before the hacking in the downloaded episode. That's what happened to me.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:21 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

I don't often buy albums the day they come out anymore. But I've been looking forward to the new Steve Earle and it's ridiculously good.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:23 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I don't often buy albums the day they come out anymore. But I've been looking forward to the new Steve Earle and it's ridiculously good.
Heh. I had no idea he was a real musician.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:48 AM
Chokingdogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksavedave View Post
Easiest way: Get your self a DVD Recorder like this one. Its just a DVD player that also records onto DVD-R or DVD-RW discs. It records whatever you send to it, so you output from your cable box to the DVD player and (after a format) press record and whatever you are watching gets burned directly to the blank -R or -RW disc. Cost about $100, lots of models to choose from, but its a one step process. You can record from live shows or from DVR'd shows, it doesn't care, whatever your cable box is outputting, you can record. You will probably need to output from the cable box using HDMI or even Component and AV cables, not the Firewire.

You could get more expensive ones that save to an internal HD and record in HD, but you said you wanted a cheaper solution.
thanks....
my neighbor has an older philips ( 2005/6? model ) that he let me borrow. i used it, and it recorded, but when i went to play the dvd on my computer it wouldnt....the menu screen was there, but when it started to play it stopped at 1 minute in. both shows i recorded did the same thing. they both played on the philips no problem, and when i explored the disc on my computer it showed the files as being normal size along with the time of the show? is my internal drive screwed up in some way? its the factory drive that came with the 'puter, an HP from 2008. the drive is a DVD player/burner. I read the choice of blank disc could cause problems, and the one i used was a cheapie memorex DVD+/-R RW. i did go out and get a pack of verbatim AZO DVD+/-R discs, as i read those are good ones, but the dang philips player said unknown disc so i couldnt record anything.

should i get a new internal DVD drive for the 'puter? all the ones i see now are SATA drives, and i know the drive in my machine is a serial one. I did see an LG drive at worst buy, for like 30 bucks, that was a serial but it must be discontinued as i didn't see it on LG's website.

wally world has magnavox HDD DVD recorders, and according to the folks on AVS forum, those are good machines, the guts are made by funai? theyre not cheap, $280 or so for the 1TB model, the 500G and 300G machines are only $20 cheaper each, so it makes no sense to "save" $40 by going with the 300G...

Old
04-17-2013, 12:08 PM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokingdogs View Post
thanks....
my neighbor has an older philips ( 2005/6? model ) that he let me borrow. i used it, and it recorded, but when i went to play the dvd on my computer it wouldnt....the menu screen was there, but when it started to play it stopped at 1 minute in. both shows i recorded did the same thing. they both played on the philips no problem, and when i explored the disc on my computer it showed the files as being normal size along with the time of the show? is my internal drive screwed up in some way? its the factory drive that came with the 'puter, an HP from 2008. the drive is a DVD player/burner. I read the choice of blank disc could cause problems, and the one i used was a cheapie memorex DVD+/-R RW. i did go out and get a pack of verbatim AZO DVD+/-R discs, as i read those are good ones, but the dang philips player said unknown disc so i couldnt record anything.

should i get a new internal DVD drive for the 'puter? all the ones i see now are SATA drives, and i know the drive in my machine is a serial one. I did see an LG drive at worst buy, for like 30 bucks, that was a serial but it must be discontinued as i didn't see it on LG's website.

wally world has magnavox HDD DVD recorders, and according to the folks on AVS forum, those are good machines, the guts are made by funai? theyre not cheap, $280 or so for the 1TB model, the 500G and 300G machines are only $20 cheaper each, so it makes no sense to "save" $40 by going with the 300G...
Get you the Slysoft software suite.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

If you only get one... make it AnyDVD

Old
04-17-2013, 12:09 PM
BTCG

The Americans tonight.... WOO HOO!

Closed Thread