HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Seriously why didnt we just keep the guy? He was better than Kaberle defensively and he could run the second PP... And he would be off the damn books now.
Did you watch any Habs games last year?

Old
04-16-2013, 11:36 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Exactly. So why bring it up?

It's like somebody telling you about somebody totalling their can and then you come bcak saying, well I had a crappy day I lost my 5 dollar bill from my pocket. lol
It's brought up because you call out those who liked Semin, while defending Kaberle incessantly, a guy whose been a healthy scratch all year and is (I'll say again), untradeable.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Lshap

I've had plenty of dialogues with Bruins fans on their board and I'd like to think we'd already arrived at a level of mutual respect before yesterday. Then yesterday happened and I spent time exchanging thoughts and info with them. Got a peek at the Dads, Moms, friends, relatives, Americans, spiritual folks, iconoclasts and pragmatists behind the avatars. After all that, honestly, it's going to be hard to see those men and women as just 'Bruins fans'. The debating part is great, but I have zero hate left and hope it never returns.

I'm no kid. I don't need a tragedy to remind me that "We're all people". But it's nice to see how quickly the jersey logos come off when real life comes in.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
oh im gonna have to disagree with you on this one. habs fans have been far more humble this season. i chalk it up to 'tempting fate'.

laughs fans are the new canucks fans in '09-'10: the most obnoxious bunch on HF.
It seems you're right. I just this second noticed a PM I received from some Leafs fan. He made some ridiculous comments last weekend and I called him out, so he sends me a private message formally inviting me to view his response!

After so many days later, the horrific events of yesterday and my great experience with Bruins fans, this twit couldn't have made himself look dumber if he tried. (And no, I have no interest in finding his post.)

Obviously, most Leafs fans aren't this clueless, but wow...

Old
04-16-2013, 12:01 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Exactly. So why bring it up?

It's like somebody telling you about somebody totalling their can and then you come bcak saying, well I had a crappy day I lost my 5 dollar bill from my pocket. lol
Because I know how much you loved this move from gauthier and still do cause you still defend it to this day and Kaberle's great production last year !!

Old
04-16-2013, 12:05 PM
SensRPureAwesomeness

Pacioretty 'Esque Healing Going On In Ottawa...

Friendly Sens fan...

We've all been pleasantly dumbfounded by Erik Karlsson's speedy recovery from a nasty achilles injury. His prognosis was 3-4 months [best case scenario] and he appears to be way ahead of schedule. No guarantees on him playing this year, but no one can say they aren't shocked to see him back on skates less than 2 months post-op.

Now comes word that Jared Cowen draws back in to the Sens lineup tonight! His prognosis after hip surgery back in November was 6-8 months, but here he is, ready to go, only 5 months later.

I've always been surprised by Max Pacioretty's ability to quickly recover from seemingly devastating injuries. I wonder if the trainers in Ottawa got a hold of some of Pacioretty's sweat and spiked Karlsson & Cowen's Gatorade.

Spezza hasn't been seen around the team in ages. Obviously, someone needs to find him and give him a sip.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Et le But

Man, the Devils losing streak hits 10 games. And people here say we are the league's laughing stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensRPureAwesomeness View Post
Friendly Sens fan...

We've all been pleasantly dumbfounded by Erik Karlsson's speedy recovery from a nasty achilles injury. His prognosis was 3-4 months [best case scenario] and he appears to be way ahead of schedule. No guarantees on him playing this year, but no one can say they aren't shocked to see him back on skates less than 2 months post-op.

Now comes word that Jared Cowen draws back in to the Sens lineup tonight! His prognosis after hip surgery back in November was 6-8 months, but here he is, ready to go, only 5 months later.

I've always been surprised by Max Pacioretty's ability to quickly recover from seemingly devastating injuries. I wonder if the trainers in Ottawa got a hold of some of Pacioretty's sweat and spiked Karlsson & Cowen's Gatorade.

Spezza hasn't been seen around the team in ages. Obviously, someone needs to find him and give him a sip.
It would be pretty crazy if Karlsson is back for the playoffs. Is it possible?

Old
04-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

I think you're supposed to bite Pacioretty to get his healing powers, not drink his sweat.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:11 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Friendly Sens fan...

nothing against him but huh... NO!

Old
04-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
I think you're supposed to bite Pacioretty to get his healing powers, not drink his sweat.
Concentrated Pacioretty blood is too strong, poisonous even. Grabovski will never be the same.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:13 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Friendly Sens fan...

I dont think that trainers have anything to do in the speed of recovery of a player. It depends on each player and the gravity of an injury.

Players like Pacioretty/Karlsson are lucky to have a body that heals faster than normality. I put it in the same category as the height of a player.

Pleased to hear good news on Karlsson

Old
04-16-2013, 12:25 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
He's a terrible goalie and just like their shooting %.. it will all average back to a normal level. Leafs are in for a rude awakening soon.

Which is what is happening to us. Statistically we were scoring the first goal more often than not. That is starting to balance out and we're a completely different hockey team.
Considering the shot differential the Leafs have, I wouldn't say he's a terrible goalie. In any case, I did preface the comment with "this year." He has solid numbers now, especially his save percentage, which is at .925. He basically won the game for the Leafs against the Devils.

But, the guy has to play 60 games in a season for anyone to get a decent judge of him, and so far he hasn't been able to do that. He gets injured a lot.

The short season definitely helps the Leafs because I don't think their numbers are sustainable over an 82 game season, but I also think the same about us. Over an 82 game schedule, we'd be at mid-season now, and I feel like the team is wearing down.

A short season hurts a team like the Flyers who I think would've put themselves into a playoff position given 34 more games. It sucks too that they're going to get a top 10 pick, and probably get Nurse or Ristolainen.

Old
04-16-2013, 12:58 PM
DJ Breadman

Steroids? HGH?

Old
04-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Thank you for your kind words. Terrifying. Work 2 blocks down from the 1st bomb. Glad those that were there from here are ok.

I am Boston Strong

Old
04-16-2013, 01:24 PM
C77

Yes thank you all for the kind wishes.

My sister was at the finish line to see two of her friends finish the race and luckily she is okay. This morning she just had a bit of ringing in her ears.

We all feel extremely fortunate that she was on the opposite side of the street from the explosions.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
Yes thank you all for the kind wishes.

My sister was at the finish line to see two of her friends finish the race and luckily she is okay. This morning she just had a bit of ringing in her ears.

We all feel extremely fortunate that she was on the opposite side of the street from the explosions.
Wow that's scary, very happy your sis is alright. A hockey rivalry doesn't mean **** when things like this happen

Hope Boston recovers quick from this

Old
04-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Friendly Sens fan...

Teams always go for a longer prediction. No point in saying it's possible for him to return in 3-4months when the safest predictions say 6-8. I mean, imagine you let your team and fans think all this time it's possible, and then it takes longer? All that crap would fall on you, just like it happened to Gauthier here regarding Markov.

However, I still doubt that Karlsson will play. I know people that have had the same injury, it's one thing to skate on it a bit with probably some kind of brace inside the skate. It's another to go all out at high speed. Keep your hopes down, it'll be a smaller fall if ever you don't see him.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:49 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Man, the Devils losing streak hits 10 games. And people here say we are the league's laughing stock.

Do you have any posts from members here actually saying that or are you just making that up? I don't recall reading any posts on this board from anyone calling the Habs the league's laughing stock.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:18 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Considering the shot differential the Leafs have, I wouldn't say he's a terrible goalie. In any case, I did preface the comment with "this year." He has solid numbers now, especially his save percentage, which is at .925. He basically won the game for the Leafs against the Devils.

But, the guy has to play 60 games in a season for anyone to get a decent judge of him, and so far he hasn't been able to do that. He gets injured a lot.

The short season definitely helps the Leafs because I don't think their numbers are sustainable over an 82 game season, but I also think the same about us. Over an 82 game schedule, we'd be at mid-season now, and I feel like the team is wearing down.

A short season hurts a team like the Flyers who I think would've put themselves into a playoff position given 34 more games. It sucks too that they're going to get a top 10 pick, and probably get Nurse or Ristolainen.
He really is a terrible goaltender. The Leafs are doing a good job of playing to his strengths right now but he'll get exploited in the play-offs.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

They get unlucky. They've dominated Ottawa and Toronto, but couldn't score.

We score, but get dominated.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Do you have any posts from members here actually saying that or are you just making that up? I don't recall reading any posts on this board from anyone calling the Habs the league's laughing stock.
Our whole fanbase sure acting like we're the laughing stock of the league. Acting like ee're 15th in the east again..

Old
04-16-2013, 03:42 PM
sharks9

Leafs really need to lose tonight, I'd rather not have them have a chance at finishing higher than us in the standings...

Old
04-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Did you watch any Habs games last year?
Have you watched any Kaberle games ?

Old
04-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Because I know how much you loved this move from gauthier and still do cause you still defend it to this day and Kaberle's great production last year !!
It was a good move at that time. Cost nothing and he helped the PP. Unlike you GM's don't have a crystal ball to predict what will happen in the future.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Have you watched any Kaberle games ?
Yes, he was a lot better than the 11-12 version of Spacek. Carolina had him on the block with an expiring contract and found no takers, that says it all.

Closed Thread