HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How's Luke Schenn doing?

Old
04-16-2013, 03:33 PM
dawkins121

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tade View Post
Luke is freaking good for us just like JVR in Toronto. This trade benefits to both teams as it was supposed to be. Luke and JVR will be important keys for both teams in many years to come. I'm really impressed with Luke this season. He started a bit slow but he turned things around a lot. He's definitely a 2nd best d-man for us this season. That 33 minutes game yesterday, wow. At the age of 23 he's still developing and I'm looking forward for the future with him on our blue-line.

People really should stop talking about who lost this trade because there is no losing team at this point.
I'm hoping that forcing him to take these huge minutes and increased responsibilities while simultaneously having little to no expectations will do wonders for his development. Hopefully Schenn carries this experience forward when we actually have other NHL d-men, although at this point I think he's solidified himself as a top pairing option even if he's not a legit #1 or #2.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:39 PM
smitty10

I miss Luke. The guy was one of my favourite Leafs the last few years. That being said, I love what JVR brings to the Maple Leafs and I think he brings more of what we need to the table, but I really miss watching Schenn play for Toronto. The guy will be a captain one day.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:45 PM
HighOFFHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
I'm hoping that forcing him to take these huge minutes and increased responsibilities while simultaneously having little to no expectations will do wonders for his development. Hopefully Schenn carries this experience forward when we actually have other NHL d-men, although at this point I think he's solidified himself as a top pairing option even if he's not a legit #1 or #2.
Idk because it's only one season, but there is definitely a chance this kid turns into a #1. I don't think a defenseman at his age with his playing style can be judged so early. If he comes back throwing bombs from the point and hits 10 goals and 30 assists a season he's a number #1.

He is so strong, imagine his strength behind an accurate slap shot.

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
He's been a bit better version of himself than expected, but still very much himself. He's a solid, unspectacular guy who can be relied on to make some some nice defensive plays and do some grunt work in the corners and in front of the net. A very useful player.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote