HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 02:49 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Good lord. Denis didn't say anything disparaging about Price - he commented on what was wrong with him.

If Price can't handle his name in the media, then he can't handle being a #1 goalie, period. Can't believe how much you guys are babying him. I bet you he really doesn't even care that Denis was talking about him. He was pulled from the game. It's only natural to talk about him and do his job.
I guess you've never heard of kicking someone while they're down. Denis didn't mean to do it, nor did he actually even do that, but just consider Price doesn't speak French.

You call it babying, but when you talk about mental fragility, in Montreal, with 6 games left, can you not see how it was just the wrong move? Did you watch the clip that I posted and that you quoted or did you just pretend that you did. Seriously, it did affect him, at least in the moment. That really was my point. Not that he's gonna break down. Simply, something he could have avoided doing at that point. Is it wrong to just wish that Carey didn't have to deal with that extra punch to the gut? He can take it, but (again, and this was my point), no idea why Denis had to say his name and if you think I'm the only one who noticed it, there's a brief discussion about it on AC.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Karl Eriksson

Price remains the only choice to start for Team Canada in Sochi.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:53 PM
habtastic

I wonder what would happen if Chucky had had a terrible game, was benched, and the same thing happened. Gonna wager (not matter what Coldplay says now) that he'd have a very different response (and I'd agree with him).

Old
04-16-2013, 02:56 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Eriksson View Post
Price remains the only choice to start for Team Canada in Sochi.
To see an All-Star D corps in front of him will be amazing.

In the meantime, he'll have to figure out a way. Maybe we'll just have to score more goals (some teams with great goalies take that approach) and I can think of a few things we could change to make that happen *cough, Gio on the PP*

Old
04-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I guess you've never heard of kicking someone while they're down. Denis didn't mean to do it, nor did he actually even do that, but just consider Price doesn't speak French.

You call it babying, but when you talk about mental fragility, in Montreal, with 6 games left, can you not see how it was just the wrong move? Did you watch the clip that I posted and that you quoted or did you just pretend that you did. Seriously, it did affect him, at least in the moment. That really was my point. Not that he's gonna break down. Simply, something he could have avoided doing at that point. Is it wrong to just wish that Carey didn't have to deal with that extra punch to the gut? He can take it, but (again, and this was my point), no idea why Denis had to say his name and if you think I'm the only one who noticed it, there's a brief discussion about it on AC.
I did watch it, yes.

Wrong move or not, professionally, my entire point is that Carey shouldn't even give a ****. I hope he doesn't give a ****.

And if he does give a ****, I hope it's in the sense that "they're talking about me. I know I can be better. I will ****ing show them"-type way. I don't want to get too deeply into the mental side of goaltending, but if Price is taking it badly, then he shouldn't. If he's taking it as "I'll show them", I'm glad.

There's just a distinction between the whole "Carey is upset because they're talking about him after he was pulled" and "Carey is angry because they're talking about him after he was pulled". Being angry =/= upset.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:57 PM
hersky77

Quote:
You kind of are making a drama of this.

I didn't think it was that bad, really. Don't really think CP has a care in the world for Marc Denis talking. And if he does, he needs to talk to Guimond a bit more. That's not what should matter for him right now.

Price was pulled from the game. If he wasn't upset that he was sitting on the bench for a 2nd game in a row, then something would be up. And if he was upset that Denis kept saying his name, then like I said, he needs to get over it and focus on things that matter. Like his on-ice play.

oh common what Denis did was totally unprofessional and uncalled for. I told my brother at that moment if I was price I would have clocked denis in the face. The guy knows he is playing terribly, but to take it right to his face from a failed goalie who wishes he had the tenth of the skill price has to be very infuriating.

Old
Strat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
I'm not making any drama over this, but repeating and repeating a guy's name again and again, when the answer didn't even require him to do so, while the said guy is sitting 2 feet in front of you WAS idiotic. I mean. This is a lack of respect more than anything else.
I agree. He could've referred to him as "he" instead of by name.

Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
useless thread is useless. Price is playing poorly right now and he deserves to be on the bench. Playing budaj wont help fix the problems we have at d right now
Wait, so do we play Budaj or not?

You're right about the D, though. Have we had one of those infamous team meetings yet?

Old
04-16-2013, 02:59 PM
habtastic

Quote:
I did watch it, yes.

Wrong move or not, professionally, my entire point is that Carey shouldn't even give a ****. I hope he doesn't give a ****.

And if he does give a ****, I hope it's in the sense that "they're talking about me. I know I can be better. I will ****ing show them"-type way. I don't want to get too deeply into the mental side of goaltending, but if Price is taking it badly, then he shouldn't. If he's taking it as "I'll show them", I'm glad.

There's just a distinction between the whole "Carey is upset because they're talking about him after he was pulled" and "Carey is angry because they're talking about him after he was pulled". Being angry =/= upset.
If you haven't noticed, we're all really talking about the in-the-moment act of doing it, not the long term ramifications.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
oh common what Denis did was totally unprofessional and uncalled for. I told my brother at that moment if I was price I would have clocked denis in the face. The guy knows he is playing terribly, but to take it right to his face from a failed goalie who wishes he had the tenth of the skill price has to be very infuriating.
Man...I don't even think I'll bother anymore.

Price was pulled from the game. Denis is standing next to him. What is he supposed to do? Ignore the fact he was pulled and say nothing about his performance?

Come on guys. Be reasonable. The media has a job to do. Whether he did it correctly or not is something that can be argued, but Denis didn't look at Price and tell him "you suck". He broke down what was wrong with his play pretty calmly to the camera. Really nothing wrong with that, imo. But I guess I'm alone.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:00 PM
hersky77

Quote:
Wait, so do we play Budaj or not?

You're right about the D, though. Have we had one of those infamous team meetings yet?
No we play budaj because he deserves to start, but in order for both goalies to flourish the d has to be fixed. And I hope last night woke them up.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Hullois

Quote:
My god, you and habtastic have to let this one go, Denis was doing his job and Price is much more solid that you guys think and he probably didn't even care. Its funny that the Price fanboys are devaluating his capacities like that.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:02 PM
hersky77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
My god, you and habtastic have to let this one go, Denis was doing his job and Price is much more solid that you guys think and he probably didn't even care. Its funny that the Price fanboys are devaluating his capacities like that.
Im far from being a price fan boy, all im saying is that it was uncalled for.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:05 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
He's doing his job. And Price was yanked twice in two games - no **** they're gonna talk about him.

This artificial outrage is classic Hab fan behaviour.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:08 PM
habtastic

Quote:
I am a "fanboy", but like hersky, that's all I'm saying about that incident - uncalled for.

You would think they could chose a better question, like "Why the F is the rookie D man coasting his way to an icing when he's not even tired and has been crap all game?" (Someone posted that it looked slow, but really NB is such a fluid skater so that's why.)

Old
04-16-2013, 03:11 PM
LARGECAT DAMPHOUSSE

In Soviet Montreal, Habs fans boo MEDIA!!!!

Old
04-16-2013, 03:12 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Budaj against the Penguins is the wrong call.

If Price has any sort of shaken confidence due to the last two games.. way to make it worse by pushing him into the back-up role for the back-to-back games. If Budaj wins against Pittsburgh.. I'm not visiting this place.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:16 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
He's doing his job. And Price was yanked twice in two games - no **** they're gonna talk about him.

On the fence about Denis but the moment he said his name, Price was attentive. No big deal until they had a camera right in his face. That part was not cool imo. My guess from the angle was that the camera was not hanging in the rafters but must have been very close. Totally unnecessary humiliation at that point.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:16 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

Would be more appropriate to talk about the D coverage on the flyers goals once Price allowed the team to tie the game up after a string of great saves.

That's why it would be infuriating to hear your name when you know that the reason you were pulled was not your play.

Honestly, I've just never seen that disconnect between a colour commentator and a goalie who had been pulled twice in a row, whether his fault or not, was just shaking my head in the moment thinking "Man, are you serious, Denis, he's RIGHT THERE!"

Anyway, this is really like the last thing concerning Price that is of interest to me, but something I did notice and rubbed me the wrong way. The fact that people (such as yourself) have been replying to me that my opinion of how it would feel is incorrect is the reason it's still being discussed. If it wasn't a big deal to you then why are YOU getting so outraged? (And again, it was discussed on AC, with the link I posted, so it wasn't something I'm making up out of thin air.)

Old
04-16-2013, 03:18 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Budaj against the Penguins is the wrong call.

If Price has any sort of shaken confidence due to the last two games.. way to make it worse by pushing him into the back-up role for the back-to-back games. If Budaj wins against Pittsburgh.. I'm not visiting this place.
...of course if Price starts tomorrow and gets lit up, everyone will rip the decision to start your slumping goalie against the best offense in the league instead of giving him the easier game to work his confidence back.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:19 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
On the fence about Denis but the moment he said his name, Price was attentive. No big deal until they had a camera right in his face. That part was not cool imo. My guess from the angle was that the camera was not hanging in the rafters but must have been very close. Totally unnecessary humiliation at that point.
check out post 142

you are correct about the cameras

Old
04-16-2013, 03:20 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
...of course if Price starts tomorrow and gets lit up, everyone will rip the decision to start your slumping goalie against the best offense in the league instead of giving him the easier game to work his confidence back.
IMO.. if you're going to start Budaj against Pittsburgh, you better damn well be making some scratches and moves on the back-end. Why put the blame on the goaltender when the D was really poor?

Send Beaulieu down. Scratch one of Bouillon or Drewiske and play Weber or Kaberle + Tinordi.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:22 PM
ryanwb

Apparently Weber is a game time decision for tomorrow's game.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:24 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
check out post 142

you are correct about the cameras
That's why I blame RDS more than Denis. If you don't understand French but you hear your name, you're thinking "what's that idiot talking about?" and then you pay attention to words you might recognize. It would have been different if he heard "la defensive sucks" and then realized that Denis was trashing the whole team, not just him.

Instead, he's got a camera right in his face. He's even looking up to see if they're showing him on the big board.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:28 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
IMO.. if you're going to start Budaj against Pittsburgh, you better damn well be making some scratches and moves on the back-end. Why put the blame on the goaltender when the D was really poor?

Send Beaulieu down. Scratch one of Bouillon or Drewiske and play Weber or Kaberle + Tinordi.
yup.

Sounds like LJV is a game time decision.

Closed Thread