HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maple Leafs vs. Capitals. 7pm. Verizon Center. 4.16.2013

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2013, 03:04 PM
  #51
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
I remember that

Holtby had a shutout while they were chanting that

I've always thought that fans chant the goalie's name when a goal is scored on them, but I guess they were just trying to inspire their own team and get into Holtby's head.
Trust me, we have our fare share of dolts attending Caps games at the VC. Opponent's goalie lets in 2 or more goals they'll start with the "1, 2 they'll all your fault". This chant and the "who cares chant" must have appeared sometime after the first lockout and the appearance of the "new" Caps fans.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:17 PM
  #52
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Caps/Avs/Bills fan
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,328
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Trust me, we have our fare share of dolts attending Caps games at the VC. Opponent's goalie lets in 2 or more goals they'll start with the "1, 2 they'll all your fault". This chant and the "who cares chant" must have appeared sometime after the first lockout and the appearance of the "new" Caps fans.
The best one is "1 - It's all your fault!" Great, we Caps fans can count to 1.

(Although in an unrelated story, as a math major (I later finished my degree in math/computer science), I once failed counting to 2.)

My personal favorite cheer is probably the Chicken Dance.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:19 PM
  #53
ForzaItalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
Leaf fan here in peace! Lets hope its a 3 point game, Caps are the only the team in the SE I would like to see make the playoffs.
Totally smells like a 3 pointer to me.

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:21 PM
  #54
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Not as much as Domi's WWE style elbow to Niedermayer's face I am sure...
Dushy move Millhaus! Why you have to be stealing my thunder! That was gonna be my response to TX

For the record neidermeyer sold that.

I'm still bitter about that Gretzky high stick that was "missed". Leafs got screwed big time after one of the grittiest playoff performances I've ever seen from Doug Gilmour. He completely carried that team and made better players out of andreychuck and borschevsky

I liked the late 90s and early 2000 leafs too. Stumpy Thomas, Domi, tucker and Gary Roberts were great

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:26 PM
  #55
King Joffrey
Phaneuf is dumb.
 
King Joffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustsurvival View Post
I wasn't aware anyone got along with Winnipeg fans.
I wasn't aware Winnipeg had fans

King Joffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:30 PM
  #56
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
The best one is "1 - It's all your fault!" Great, we Caps fans can count to 1.

(Although in an unrelated story, as a math major (I later finished my degree in math/computer science), I once failed counting to 2.)

My personal favorite cheer is probably the Chicken Dance.
It's my favorite when we play the Rags, and "The Rangers Suck" chant accompanies the chicken dance. That dumb "all your fault" chant is so annoying.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:30 PM
  #57
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,675
vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetime View Post
????

Math is not my subject, but I'm pretty sure this is not the case.
It sure is the case. Toronto would have 55 points and Winnipeg would have 44 with 5 games left.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:35 PM
  #58
AlexBrovechkin8
Registered User
 
AlexBrovechkin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Old Town, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Because caps fans don't give a **** about gdts (at least the posters on this board).

I mean look when it was started. What's our longest GDT been this year, that one from Tampa where we're still discussing random other crap and it's STILL nowhere near post limit?
True that. Whenever I hop onto other teams pages, they have pre-game discussion threads before they actually start a GDT... some times days in advance. There are multiple GDTs because they've reached the post limit, then they have post-game recap and discussion threads. They also have GDT sign-up threads, and people have all types of crazy graphics, YouTube and audio links, newspaper articles, etc on the first post.

Our GDTs consist of pictures of tanks, gifs, and the occassional twitter update on whose playing. One guy tried to do a comprehensive (and impressive) GDT as his 1st post and was essentially booed off the stage. Most of the 1st 2 pages of that GDT were an argument over the complexity of the GDT. Has he been back since?


Last edited by AlexBrovechkin8: 04-16-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Edit: I prefer it this way. Much more entertaining.
AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:36 PM
  #59
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,683
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Because caps fans don't give a **** about gdts (at least the posters on this board).

I mean look when it was started. What's our longest GDT been this year, that one from Tampa where we're still discussing random other crap and it's STILL nowhere near post limit?
Maybe we just prefer to wait for the actual game....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:41 PM
  #60
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
True that. Whenever I hop onto other teams pages, they have pre-game discussion threads before they actually start a GDT... some times days in advance. There are multiple GDTs because they've reached the post limit, then they have post-game recap and discussion threads. They also have GDT sign-up threads, and people have all types of crazy graphics, YouTube and audio links, newspaper articles, etc on the first post.

Our GDTs consist of pictures of tanks, gifs, and the occassional twitter update on whose playing. One guy tried to do a comprehensive (and impressive) GDT as his 1st post and was essentially booed off the stage. Most of the 1st 2 pages of that GDT were an argument over the complexity of the GDT. Has he been back since?
Sorry, too lengthy of a post. I stopped reading after "True that".

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:44 PM
  #61
msrulo
Registered User
 
msrulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 류경6
Country: North Korea
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
True that. Whenever I hop onto other teams pages, they have pre-game discussion threads before they actually start a GDT... some times days in advance. There are multiple GDTs because they've reached the post limit, then they have post-game recap and discussion threads. They also have GDT sign-up threads, and people have all types of crazy graphics, YouTube and audio links, newspaper articles, etc on the first post.

Our GDTs consist of pictures of tanks, gifs, and the occassional twitter update on whose playing. One guy tried to do a comprehensive (and impressive) GDT as his 1st post and was essentially booed off the stage. Most of the 1st 2 pages of that GDT were an argument over the complexity of the GDT. Has he been back since?
Those pregame gdts killed us in the beginning of the season. Spare us hockey gods!


msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:57 PM
  #62
AlexBrovechkin8
Registered User
 
AlexBrovechkin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Old Town, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Sorry, too lengthy of a post. I stopped reading after "True that".
Liar.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:58 PM
  #63
capitalsrock
Registered User
 
capitalsrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500


Just ****ing win

**** 55

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:59 PM
  #64
MoJoSauce
Registered User
 
MoJoSauce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NNK
Country: United States
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
I really enjoy our GDT style as opposed to the other teams over the top ones. If you are on a hockey prospect message board, odds are you follow the team pretty well and know whats going on.

It was hilarious last postseason to see our home GDT against boston on the playoff boards be considered unacceptable

MoJoSauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:00 PM
  #65
AlexBrovechkin8
Registered User
 
AlexBrovechkin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Old Town, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
No Oates Face tonight.


AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:00 PM
  #66
Carlzner
Who's Zed?
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,638
vCash: 500
Not sure if you guys are complaining, but we're the best on the board when it comes to GDTs.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:06 PM
  #67
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 40,415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
I liked the late 90s and early 2000 leafs too. Stumpy Thomas, Domi, tucker and Gary Roberts were great
and....? you loved the tucker take out of gonchar. right? dirty elbow after leaving his feet and knocked him out. your kind of guy. yes?

oh...and your favorite had to be domi fighting with the fan that fell into the penalty box.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:06 PM
  #68
msrulo
Registered User
 
msrulo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 류경6
Country: North Korea
Posts: 2,565
vCash: 500
Alzner on Green: "Obviously he’s great at moving the puck out of our zone, he takes a lot of stress off of me of having to break the puck out clean because he always does it, so that’s really nice. He’s easy to play with and it’s pretty clear to me why he’s as highly touted as he is."

Liers.

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:07 PM
  #69
capitalsrock
Registered User
 
capitalsrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
I remember seeing Oates do his signature Oates face on the bench a couple of games ago after the other team scored.

I don't know why he makes that face when he looks up.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:12 PM
  #70
Icetime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LA
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
It sure is the case. Toronto would have 55 points and Winnipeg would have 44 with 5 games left.
Yeah it would have helped if the poster might have mentioned that they were talking about Toronto.

If a poster uses the words "Us" on the Caps GDT I generally assume they are in fact talking........
about the Caps.

I guess I didn't spot the picture of Phil Kessel. That was probably a good clue?

Icetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:15 PM
  #71
ForzaItalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
and....? you loved the tucker take out of gonchar. right? dirty elbow after leaving his feet and knocked him out. your kind of guy. yes?

oh...and your favorite had to be domi fighting with the fan that fell into the penalty box.
Living in Toronto, Domi was a fraud and easily my most hated Leaf but man I remember watching this live and dying of laughter that night:


ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:19 PM
  #72
AlexBrovechkin8
Registered User
 
AlexBrovechkin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Old Town, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
and....? you loved the tucker take out of gonchar. right? dirty elbow after leaving his feet and knocked him out. your kind of guy. yes?

oh...and your favorite had to be domi fighting with the fan that fell into the penalty box.
What's your deal? He likes a little physicality and grit in his hockey. To each his own. Your first post about dirty play made your point; all subsequent ones make you look like a whiny child.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:19 PM
  #73
The Deadly Pook Gas
Yeah those caps huh
 
The Deadly Pook Gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrovechkin8 View Post
True that. Whenever I hop onto other teams pages, they have pre-game discussion threads before they actually start a GDT... some times days in advance. There are multiple GDTs because they've reached the post limit, then they have post-game recap and discussion threads. They also have GDT sign-up threads, and people have all types of crazy graphics, YouTube and audio links, newspaper articles, etc on the first post.

Our GDTs consist of pictures of tanks, gifs, and the occassional twitter update on whose playing. One guy tried to do a comprehensive (and impressive) GDT as his 1st post and was essentially booed off the stage. Most of the 1st 2 pages of that GDT were an argument over the complexity of the GDT. Has he been back since?
I'm still around. As I said in that thread, I'm mainly just a lurker which is why I haven't been posting on hfboards much.

Also, my gdt's weren't even that impressive(compared to the rest of hfboards). No articles, graphics, stats or analysis. All I had was just lineups, injuries, scratches and links to streams and other topics. Just useful stuff I would want to know.

The Deadly Pook Gas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:25 PM
  #74
um
Registered User
 
um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,283
vCash: 500
domi, tucker, and co. were the reasons i didn't cheer for the leafs as a kid. they were so unlikeable back then it was almost impossible for me to cheer for them.

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:29 PM
  #75
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post
Alzner on Green: "Obviously hes great at moving the puck out of our zone, he takes a lot of stress off of me of having to break the puck out clean because he always does it, so thats really nice. Hes easy to play with and its pretty clear to me why hes as highly touted as he is."

Liers.
Looking for some more


Last edited by BiPolar Caps: 11-29-2013 at 09:36 AM.
BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.