HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eriksson for Kessel

Old
04-16-2013, 03:07 PM
GenericFan2*

vCash: 500
No thanks...

GenericFan2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:14 PM
HappyGilmourr

Kessel pretty much runs our offence. He's been a PPG player for nearly 2 years now. The knock on Kessel early on his career is that he didn't make those around him better - now everyone who plays with him looks like a passable first line player. Kessel generates the offence on the first line and makes beauty passes to JVR and Bozak all day. From a stars perspective Eriksson is the type of player you just don't trade. Both teams should be happy with their respective player.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Reread #22 and add that to the fact that Kessel is more than two years younger. Your counterargument is what exactly? Just curious.
I could care less if Kessel is two years younger...still a no! Over the last 4 season Eriksson has been pretty much superior in almost every category and he has 1 bad season and people thing he is garbage? They are the misinformed and should not make posts.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:30 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
Dallas does not have to add anything for Kessel and Eriksson by himself is more valuable.
What are you basing this on?

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:32 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
I could care less if Kessel is two years younger...still a no! Over the last 4 season Eriksson has been pretty much superior in almost every category and he has 1 bad season and people thing he is garbage? They are the misinformed and should not make posts.
I think he was pointing out that Eriksson has cracked 30 goals once (Kessel has 4 times), and has never been PPG (Kessel was last season and so far this season) while being 2 years younger.. So to say Eriksson is pretty much superior in all areas is pretty much wrong.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano Ronaldo View Post
Excluding this season, he's better than Kessel.
I think he's a much more complete player than Kessel, and can still put up numbers. I think Kessel is more gifted offensively.

If I had to choose, I'd rather have Eriksson on my team over Kessel.

"It’s not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, it’s as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:43 PM
bobbyflex

Leafs pass. 40 goal PPG players don't grow on trees

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:46 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Reread #22 and add that to the fact that Kessel is more than two years younger. Your counterargument is what exactly? Just curious.
Guess we have nothing to say about that.

How about someone starts a Nashville-Dallas trade thread, Jordie Benn for Shea Weber. What, they won't like it? Hey, he's two years younger, what's the counter argument to that?

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:48 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Leafs pass. 40 goal PPG players don't grow on trees
Leafs fan here, Kessel's not a 40 goal scorer until he scores 40 goals... :/

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:52 PM
vik352

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
I think he was pointing out that Eriksson has cracked 30 goals once (Kessel has 4 times), and has never been PPG (Kessel was last season and so far this season) while being 2 years younger.. So to say Eriksson is pretty much superior in all areas is pretty much wrong.
Kessel is better offensively, Eriksson is better in pretty much everything else
Points aren't everything

vik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
What are you basing this on?
2-way game
Point production over the last 4 seasons

Hell based of Eriksson contract alone he is more valuable.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:05 PM
VoicexOfxReason
you cant do that

No point in doing this trade, it's as lateral a trade as it gets. Toronto would just rather keep Kessel and Dallas would just rather keep Eriksson. Really, and truly a pointless trade.

VoicexOfxReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:14 PM
Krazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vik352 View Post
Kessel is better offensively, Eriksson is better in pretty much everything else
Points aren't everything
I love how people act like all attributes are the same. Goal scoring is much more important than shot blocking etc.

In the past 2 seasons Kessel is 5th in the entire league in points and 7th in the entire league in goals.

Loui is 53 rd in goals and 29th in points. Yes in this instance points are everything

Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

Quote:
Bro, what is wrong with you? No one said Eriksson is garbage. He's a great player but we just don't want to trade Kessel for him because Kessel, like the Bozak just above said, makes our first line uncontainable just by himself. Eriksson might be a better two-way player, but we as a team don't have a need for that right now because Carlyle's system has allowed players like Kessel to be successful and the whole team plays a sound two-way game collectively as a unit.

04-16-2013, 04:20 PM
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White

Homer Bias on both sides is way too obvious, its a fair trade one for one, its preference really, As a Leaf fan I have seen Kessel more, and watched his game evolve.

I would rather have Kessel, but Eriksson is an awesome player and would love it if the Leafs could get him without Kessel, but that's a different thread and no point starting it..lol.

Blaylock38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:20 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Toronto says no. Kessel has improved every year since coming to Toronto. And for those thinking Eriksson is more valuable, give your head a shake.

Everyone is going to say "oh Kessel is a soft streaky player" blah blah blah. Every year his ppg average has gone up, he drives the net instead of shooting from the outside and is a great setup man as well as sniper.

He makes his teammates better and has improved drastically since being lined up with other first line players.

Eriksson plays a GOOD Dallas team that had a bad season and sold off the system. All the vets are gone, and now it's Eriksson and Benn to lead this team until their prospects improve.

The difference is that even when Kessel was surrounded by terrible players, he was still putting up 30+ goals.

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
I love how people act like all attributes are the same. Goal scoring is much more important than shot blocking etc.

In the past 2 seasons Kessel is 5th in the entire league in points and 7th in the entire league in goals.

Loui is 53 rd in goals and 29th in points. Yes in this instance points are everything
Prior to this shortened season Eriksson have 4 70 point seasons in a row. If i remember correctly from the stats on the telecast they said that the only people in the Western Conf. with more goals over that time was like Nash and Iginla. Just because a player does not put up top 10 point totals at times does not make him any less valuable.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:27 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brewmeister View Post
Toronto says no. Kessel has improved every year since coming to Toronto. And for those thinking Eriksson is more valuable, give your head a shake.

Everyone is going to say "oh Kessel is a soft streaky player" blah blah blah. Every year his ppg average has gone up, he drives the net instead of shooting from the outside and is a great setup man as well as sniper.

He makes his teammates better and has improved drastically since being lined up with other first line players.

Eriksson plays a GOOD Dallas team that had a bad season and sold off the system. All the vets are gone, and now it's Eriksson and Benn to lead this team until their prospects improve.

The difference is that even when Kessel was surrounded by terrible players, he was still putting up 30+ goals.
Hey news flash - Dallas has not had much talent either playing with Erkisson over the last 4 seasons but yet he has produced....hmmmm interesting isn't it.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:31 PM
The Big D

Quote:
Dallas does not have to add anything for Kessel and Eriksson by himself is more valuable.
Based on what? Kessel's PPG over the last 150 games? Or Phil's 4 straight 30G seasons? Which of those makes him less valuable than loui effin eriksson?

The Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:33 PM
KesseltoLupul

Kessel > Eriksson

As any goalie or defenseman in the NHL

KesseltoLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:35 PM
The Big D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I think he's a much more complete player than Kessel, and can still put up numbers. I think Kessel is more gifted offensively.

If I had to choose, I'd rather have Eriksson on my team over Kessel.
You've been watching old leaf highlights then because PK has become a more than competent two way winger all the while making 3rd liners into top 6 players for a little while now. Pretty much the only knock on him now is his inability to take a hit, others will see that as preserving his health which is what I like in my star players

Old
04-16-2013, 04:37 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big D View Post
Based on what? Kessel's PPG over the last 150 games? Or Phil's 4 straight 30G seasons? Which of those makes him less valuable than loui effin eriksson?
Soooo Kessel can score goals..... How about overall points the last 4 seasons? 2-way play? Salary? Ya...thought so. I have really enjoyed reading your post that makes no case for Kessel being better than Eriksson. I invite you to come post another example.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:38 PM
The Big D

Counteroffer to this thread; Kulimen for benn

Old
04-16-2013, 04:40 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
2-way game
Point production over the last 4 seasons

Hell based of Eriksson contract alone he is more valuable.
I won't argue 2-way game... but let's just be clear that Eriksson has been nominated for the Selke the same amount of times as Kessel has.

With that said, it's not wise to dismiss the fact that Kessel is two years younger (currently 25) and then bring up four years of Eriksson's production as a reason for why he is superior. It's far better to compare their numbers when they were both 23, 24, etc.

Kessel at 23 = 64 points (82 games)
Loui at 23 = 63 points (82 games)

Kessel at 24 = 82 points (82 games)
Loui at 24 = 71 points (82 games)

Kessel at 25 = 43 points (42 games so far)
Loui at 25 = 73 points (79 games)

Loui has since had seasons of 71 points (82 games) and 26 points (42 games).

Compare away!

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big D View Post
Counteroffer to this thread; Kulimen for benn
Ill take that!

We will give you Jordie Benn for Kulimen....hey thanks!