HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 04:30 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverHabsFan View Post
That's why I blame RDS more than Denis. If you don't understand French but you hear your name, you're thinking "what's that idiot talking about?" and then you pay attention to words you might recognize. It would have been different if he heard "la defensive sucks" and then realized that Denis was trashing the whole team, not just him.

Instead, he's got a camera right in his face. He's even looking up to see if they're showing him on the big board.
LOL

That would have been awesome. It should be the headline of today's Gazette.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:31 PM
wally weir

This is part of Elliott Friedman's 30 thoughts. Sorry if already posted.

22. Texted a goalie coach Monday night about Carey Price. Asked what he thought. He thought I was overreacting. "He will be fine," was the reply. "I truly believe that." Entering last Saturday's game, Price had a .927 save percentage at even strength, which is good. (It's down to .923 after two ugly performances.) But, both he and Pekka Rinne have allowed 25 power-play goals, second-most in the NHL. No full-time starter is lower than his .811 percentage when killing penalties.

Price will be fine , stop booing or jeering.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:31 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
yup.

Sounds like LJV is a game time decision.
Good. Need to have a shake-up on defense. Finger pointing the goaltending after the Philly loss is dead wrong. Toronto loss it was spot on.

Price better be working extra hard with Groulx today and tomorrow. Although, I fear that Groulx's style is more of a hindrance right now. It irks me to no end when price gets down on his knees by the post, leaves the upper portion of the net open for snipers and he waits too long to get back onto his feet. It's making him a lot less dynamic in net by not being able to plant his skate and use his exceptional lateral movement to his advantage.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:38 PM
Hullois
Somewhere in heaven

vCash: 250
Quote:
That's why I blame RDS more than Denis. If you don't understand French but you hear your name, you're thinking "what's that idiot talking about?" and then you pay attention to words you might recognize. It would have been different if he heard "la defensive sucks" and then realized that Denis was trashing the whole team, not just him.

Instead, he's got a camera right in his face. He's even looking up to see if they're showing him on the big board.
Lol this again... you realize that the camera was across the ice right?

Old
04-16-2013, 04:41 PM
DenverHabsFan

The French media always seems to hit new lows when the Habs hit a rough patch. Next we'll see Chantale asking Price: "So Carrrey, you've been sucking big time lately. What do you have to do to start carrying that terrible defense on your shoulders and stop costing us games?"

Old
04-16-2013, 04:45 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
Lol this again... you realize that the camera was across the ice right?
Are you sure, bro? There's one angle where I can almost lick his right ear.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:46 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
The French media always seems to hit new lows when the Habs hit a rough patch. Next we'll see Chantale asking Price: "So Carrrey, you've been sucking big time lately. What do you have to do to start carrying that terrible defense on your shoulders and stop costing us games?"
It'll be worse than that.

"Carey, due to your recent play being the worst goaltending seen in Habs history, how do you explain your poor play? Is it fair to say your coke addiction and frequent abuse of children in local Montreal hospitals are the reasons why your play has dropped?"

Sensationalism at its best when it comes to the Habs. Can't ever be about the game on the ice. It has to be extra-curricular stuff. Such as the mafia, the party life, domestic disputes etc.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:46 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
OT, but it's time for Chantal to get the **** out of TV. She's become hideous. In french, we call it "Une barbie du 3ème âge." It's incredibly ugly how she tries to compensate by putting on even more makeup.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Hullois
Somewhere in heaven

vCash: 250
Quote:
Are you sure, bro? There's one angle where I can almost lick his right ear.
Yeah, RDS is big but not big enough to get a cameraman stand on the ice in front of the backup goalie all game long...

Old
04-16-2013, 04:55 PM
HTTP 400

vCash: 3601
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
OT, but it's time for Chantal to get the **** out of TV. She's become hideous. In french, we call it "Une barbie du 3ème âge." It's incredibly ugly how she tries to compensate by putting on even more makeup.
Or maybe it's time for you to understand that women aren't objects and you can't just throw them away because they don't fit your esthetic criteria.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:55 PM
DenverHabsFan

Quote:
Btw, cool avatar but you're going to feed the size obsession on this board by comparing him to the smallest particle in the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It'll be worse than that.
We're getting dangerously close to another Darkest Day in Habs History.

Old
04-16-2013, 05:49 PM
ottawa
go habs go

What RDS did was unclassy and should have been avoided, but why the **** are we talking about them so much? Carey Price is a big boy, he can handle that kind of stuff and brush it off as he has in the past. Some of you are giving this more attention than he did, I live with 3 girl and you guys are being more emotional than they have ever been in their whole lives combined

04-16-2013, 06:29 PM
BLONG7

Everyone, relax, easy does it, not the greatest time for a mini slump, but Price will be fine...

95% of the time, he gives us a chance to win...

Old
04-16-2013, 06:39 PM
macavoy

Price can handle being benched. I couldn't find the article but about 2 years ago, he was quoted saying something about how as the year drags on, it's easy to lose focus on working on the details in practice. There is nothing wrong with giving him a break so he can focus on doing the things right.

Playing goal is mentally taxing, giving him a few extra games to sit and reflect will only encourage him to get back to what he needs to in practice.

He has gone through this before riding the pine in the playoffs. Here is a good read where his goalie coach talks about how that process helped Price.http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...388/story.html

It's a really good read. Price is our starter but giving Budaj an extra start or two when Budaj is playing well is the right move. Who cares what the media says, there job is to sell advertising.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:10 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
You just gotta be about 14 year old. If that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTP 400 Bad Request View Post
Or maybe it's time for you to understand that women aren't objects and you can't just throw them away because they don't fit your esthetic criteria.
Indeed. He's probably just a little kid though. He doesn't understand people age and don't become worthless as they grow older.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Lafleurs Guy

I'd play Price vs Pittsburgh but I don't think it's a big deal either way.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:

OMG this board has officially reached a new low in the Carey Price motherly protection sentiment. He is a grown ass man making 6.5M for the next 5-6 years. People talked about him in another language next to him and the tears flow. This is absolutely beyond sad and pathetic.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Habitants

Im sick of all this BS complaining about the habs and Price in particular.

Granted he has not been perfect, but i recall some point at the beginning of the season where ppl were saying is is top 5 in the league and leading candidate for team canada at next Olympics. he is still that goalie. he is allowed to have a few bad games, especially when the team in front of him does not show up.

this team played a great season after last yrs disaster. they were still supposed to suck, and the team has overachieved since the start of the season. After they finally clinched a playoff spot 2 weeks before the season is over they have an emotional let down and fall back to earth a bit. Give them a break let them remember what its like to loose so that they can get hungry again for the playoffs.

chill out and be happy the team is in the top 5 in the league and not the bottom 5 after a one yr turnover.

i hate bipolar fans

/rant

edit: rant 2

What RDS did last night talking about price while he is sitting right next to you is completely ridiculous! NO CLASS. The media and fans in this city put entirely too much pressure on this hockey team.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Now, Price let in a couple of bad goals in the last few games. But he needed his teammates to actually help him, more than he ever needed them this year. And how do they respond? Gorges, one of the guys who were the most vocal about "standing up for Price", makes a perfect pass to an opponent who made it 3-2 Flyers, after Price actually bailed them out at the end of the 1st.
Price has been average all season while the team allowed 5th fewest shots on net. Now the defense needs HIS help since we have injuries. He is the highest paid player on the team.

If anything is the other ****ing way around.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:33 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
It's not the effect it has on Price mental that bugs me. It's the flagrant lack of respect. Then again, it's not the first time a journalist does something stupid like this. I mean, I'm a huge Pednault defender, and even him went out of his way the other night before the trade deadline, saying to Robidas: "THERE ARE HUGE RUMOURS OF YOU BEING TRADED TO BOSTON BY TOMORROW!". But what Denis did yesterday WAS stupid. Whether it affected the guy or not, it was a lack of respect.
Oh man, what a huge lack of respect, someone said his name next to him in another language. Omg

You speak of lack of respect then you say things like this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon
Surely you jest.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Price has been average all season while the team allowed 5th fewest shots on net. Now the defense needs HIS help since we have injuries. He is the highest paid player on the team.

If anything is the other ****ing way around.
He has been average for your standards, which are truly too high, not mine.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:48 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Good, good respect.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
He has been average for your standards, which are truly too high, not mine.
Are you serious ?

He has a .908 save percentage. It's terrible man.

His GAA is in the 20th range despite the fact we allow 5th fewest shots per goal.

He's doing much more poorly than his back up while his back up actually got the tougher jobs of playing the 2nd games of back to backs.

I actually thought I was being generous when I said he has been average.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:51 PM
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
Im sick of all this BS complaining about the habs and Price in particular.

Granted he has not been perfect, but i recall some point at the beginning of the season where ppl were saying is is top 5 in the league and leading candidate for team canada at next Olympics. he is still that goalie. he is allowed to have a few bad games, especially when the team in front of him does not show up.

this team played a great season after last yrs disaster. they were still supposed to suck, and the team has overachieved since the start of the season. After they finally clinched a playoff spot 2 weeks before the season is over they have an emotional let down and fall back to earth a bit. Give them a break let them remember what its like to loose so that they can get hungry again for the playoffs.

chill out and be happy the team is in the top 5 in the league and not the bottom 5 after a one yr turnover.

i hate bipolar fans

/rant

edit: rant 2

What RDS did last night talking about price while he is sitting right next to you is completely ridiculous! NO CLASS. The media and fans in this city put entirely too much pressure on this hockey team.
I agree with much of what you have said, but I do think that the dangers of a slump are amplified by MT's refusal to change the lines. This team has several combinations that could work and the changes that need to made don't have to be a complete blow up of the current alignment. Hopefully you're right and they remember that they need to be hungry, but I do worry they're being put in a position to struggle.

Old
04-16-2013, 07:52 PM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTP 400 Bad Request View Post
I hope someone is reporting that post.

Closed Thread