HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

Swiss young guns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2013, 02:52 PM
  #126
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Too early, all successful Swiss NHLers moved after they became established national team players. Bertschy is not there yet, he would get stuck in the AHL.
IMHO he could play one year of junior hockey, he's not enough old for the AHL. He just needs a lot of ice-time and each time I saw him for the SCB he played great but he just doesn't get the credit from Törmänen I think. I mean, playing Loichat in front of Bertschy in the PP?

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:47 AM
  #127
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
Tanner Richard signing an ELC with the Bolts. He also signed an amateur Try-Out with the Syracuse Crunch so he'll play there until their season ends.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 02:37 PM
  #128
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Rafik Soliman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
They just released the prelimary roster for the U-18 WC.... and they put all the underagers on the roster I expected (hoped), minus Schmidli.

On attack, it's an intersting situation, cause the 95borns are lacking top-end talent as well as depth. Unlike the 96ers and 97ers, when it comes to elite talent.

96ers: Fjala is a lock. And the combination of size, skill and toughness of N.Rod is intriguing. Guys like Suter and T.Meier have convinced both with the NT (u-17 or U-18) as well as with their play in swiss U-20 championship.

97ers: Malgin. He may won't make the team yet (with guys like Hischier, Rod and Fuchs on C) , but with his performance-level he showed on any level this year, they just had to invite him. Look out!


On D: 95ers have both very good talent and depth as well. So the underagers will have a tough time to make the final roster.

96ers might don't have the elite talent like the 95ers or 97ers but beside Maurer, the top talent is untypically big (Harlacher, Schmutz, Kindschi, Heldner)

97ers: I'm sure most have heard of Siegenthaler. And Karrer while not as big or strong as Siegenthaler is a nice offensive talent.

GK: Can't say much about them. But it's been a while since Switzerland has produced anybody close to elite.

Coach: Last chance for Celio, I hope. And if he still can't coach... get rid of him. (May Gaydoul got some more work for Ex-Chlotener...)

My prediction:

(If Mueller comes over)

GK:?

D: Müller Büsser
Baltisperger Dufner
Kindschi Rathgeb (who can play forward as well)
Grossniklaus

F: Wieser Hischier Högger
Fazzini Fuchs Fjala
Suter Rod T.Meier
Aeschlimann Brändli Hügli

(M.Marchon)

Thoughts?
I attended the first Swiss exhibition game in Lenzerheide today and the coaching staff brought to my attention, that they already made their first cuts in the part of the camp which they held in Romanshorn....

And boy oh boy what a surprise, they cut Fiala (along with Michael Fora, Atanasion Molina, Silvio Schmutz and Kris Schmidli)!!
I totaly can not understand this move and from the explanations just sounded like Manuele Celio wanted to set an expample... But insane to cut the best player on their offense... They told, that he wasn't focused enough and couldn't bring himself into the team... What a crap! I don't know what they're expecting from a 16 year old kid??

Like duga said, I hope this is the last tournament of Celio. He just needs to go... Enough bad coaching and wierd roster decisions!?

These were the Lines on the exhibition game vs. Denmark (5-0 for Switzerland):

1. Sturm
Luca Fazzini - Jason Fuchs - Pius Suter
2. Sturm
Patrick Bandiera - Denis Malgin - Fabio Högger
3. Sturm
Tim Wieser - Ramon Pfranger - Marc Aeschlimann
4. Sturm
Noha Rod - Patrick Brändli - Timo Meier
EF: Andri Spiller

1. Verteidigung
Yannick Rathgeb - Mauro Dufner
2. Verteidigung
Jonas Siegenthaler - Roger Karrer
3. Verteidigung
Simon Kindschi - Cedric Maurer
4. Verteidigung
Tim Grossniklaus - Edson Harlacher

Torhüter
Nicola Aeberhard
Backup
Ludovic Waeber

Healthy scratch:
Daniel Guntern (G)
Maxim Mauerhofer (G)
Phil Baltisberger (D)
Xeno Büsser (D)
Luca Hischier (C)
Michael Hügli (LW)
Marc Marchon (RW)


However, Denmark was no competition...
Fazzini had a very good game. Has a great shot and his one-timer is lethal... He's a pure shooter - reminds me a lot of Inti Pestoni and his skating has improved a lot...
Högger displayed his speed and solid two-way game. But he still can't take as much influence on the offense as expected....
Aeberhard didn't have a lot of work to do, but he looked calm and always under controll... Is a bigger version of Melvin Nyffeler, not very fast and somehow always makes the save.


Last edited by Rafik Soliman: 04-05-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 06:23 PM
  #129
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
Cutting a possible first rounder, well, Russia could do it.

Did Celio have a single good tournament with one of his teams? I cannot remember one.

Will Mirco Müller join the team? Did you hear anything?

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 08:45 PM
  #130
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Rafik Soliman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
Cutting a possible first rounder, well, Russia could do it.

Did Celio have a single good tournament with one of his teams? I cannot remember one.

Will Mirco Müller join the team? Did you hear anything?
Not from official side, but from media side I heard he will join the team next week and should play the exhibition game vs. the under-19 team in Herisau.

Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 10:30 AM
  #131
duga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zuerich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
@rafik

Unbelievable!!! taken some advice from Kölliker and Eldebrink, how to get rid of big talent, you don't understand, and stay with your mediocre gameplan...

Modern coaching in any sport is really more and more demanding. Either you need a big brain (ala Mourhino) to see the big picture, or you have to be a strong personality, who does believe in his instincts and therefore decides intuitively correct.(ala AdC)

and then you had coaches in Switzerland over the last few years like

U.Fischer (FCZ), the moment he got coach I imidiatelly stopped watching them. I hate the Canepas, but Freddy what the hell were you thinking?

O.Inglin (Ski) for real? .... nichtsdestotrotz.....nichtsdestotrotz....nichtsdes totrotz

M.Rueda (YB), you really thought that could end up any good?

Dear managers, for the future, when a guy can't think, can't speak and doesn't have the personality to cover.... just don't hire him!

Why not trying to convince a guy like P.Fischer to coach a U-team instead of a jerk like Celio, who knows exactly, that he hasn't got the smarts to be a good coach, and even worse I think he knows that everyone knows it, so being under big pressure, he wants to show leadership..... ridicolous!

duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 12:26 PM
  #132
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Rafik Soliman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
That is something I have always critizied in Switzerland...

A big name, or let's call it a well known name, does not always make a good coach or front office member...

All thoes André Röthelis, Manuele Celios, Sven or Lars Leuenbergers, Jean-Jacques Aeschlimanns and so on and so on, just show the incompetence and inability of the Swiss GMs or Owners of the team to see real knownledge or talent....

But you know what, I truly start to believe, that there is realy no one who wants a coaching-job with the Federation... I mean how long are they searching no for a under-20 head coach? If you count the time before Sean Simpson, that makes now almost two years.... And just the fact, that a guy like John Fust, who clearly is not able to get another coaching-job in Switzerland (well who knows, now with the open spot in Lugano?) does not want to coach the under-20 team because not enough money just starts to ring all my alarm bells in my head...

Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 03:23 PM
  #133
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie
 
TheNeutrality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafik Soliman View Post
That is something I have always critizied in Switzerland...

A big name, or let's call it a well known name, does not always make a good coach or front office member...

All thoes André Röthelis, Manuele Celios, Sven or Lars Leuenbergers, Jean-Jacques Aeschlimanns and so on and so on, just show the incompetence and inability of the Swiss GMs or Owners of the team to see real knownledge or talent....

But you know what, I truly start to believe, that there is realy no one who wants a coaching-job with the Federation... I mean how long are they searching no for a under-20 head coach? If you count the time before Sean Simpson, that makes now almost two years.... And just the fact, that a guy like John Fust, who clearly is not able to get another coaching-job in Switzerland (well who knows, now with the open spot in Lugano?) does not want to coach the under-20 team because not enough money just starts to ring all my alarm bells in my head...
What always baffled me was, how badly the whole youth movement of the federation is. The clubs do a tremendous job when it comes to youth movement and development, but Celio is just one of many failures the federation has delivered recently.

TheNeutrality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2013, 05:25 PM
  #134
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Rafik Soliman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeutrality View Post
What always baffled me was, how badly the whole youth movement of the federation is. The clubs do a tremendous job when it comes to youth movement and development, but Celio is just one of many failures the federation has delivered recently.
Hmmm... I would say the whole youth movement of the SIHA is bad. It has improved a lot over the years...
Starting with the talent-collection at the age of 13 on a regional basis and follow them until 15 and than starting with international competition...
That system is similar to the one the Swedes have and the academy which will start somewhen is basicly a cheap copy of the USA national developement program...

They are also starting to educate coaches on a proper base, using the J+S Program (youth and sport program from the Swiss goverment)... The Swiss Hockey Program will sure benefit from this in a couple of years....

So again, I wouldn't say that the whole developement is bad, but I just have the feeling, that there aren't many coaches who wan't to work for the Swiss Federation, since they just don't pay good enough... So Coaches are not having the right level, since they are only the ones who are left out from the big jobs...

Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 02:38 AM
  #135
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie
 
TheNeutrality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafik Soliman View Post
Hmmm... I would say the whole youth movement of the SIHA is bad. It has improved a lot over the years...
Starting with the talent-collection at the age of 13 on a regional basis and follow them until 15 and than starting with international competition...
That system is similar to the one the Swedes have and the academy which will start somewhen is basicly a cheap copy of the USA national developement program...

They are also starting to educate coaches on a proper base, using the J+S Program (youth and sport program from the Swiss goverment)... The Swiss Hockey Program will sure benefit from this in a couple of years....

So again, I wouldn't say that the whole developement is bad, but I just have the feeling, that there aren't many coaches who wan't to work for the Swiss Federation, since they just don't pay good enough... So Coaches are not having the right level, since they are only the ones who are left out from the big jobs...
You have a point, I might exaggerated the problems a little. But for me it's always a bad sign if the majority of your top end talents tries to get out of your country to start its pro career (Nino, Bärtschi, Kukan, Richard, Andrighetto and the list goes on...).

While our system does a fairly good job at producing disciplined and talented players that have no blatant weaknesses but also only a few strengths, we don't produce the star players like other countries do. Of course, we have only about half as many registered hockey players like Finland, as an example. But we don't have ANY players in the NHL right now that I would call a "star". Streit is aging, Hillers play is bipolar, Josi is not quite there yet, Sven and Nino are even farther from that point and Brunner is still a crapshoot. And the rest are good roleplayers, but nowhere near star status.

Don't get me wrong: I'm quite happy with our current situation. We are more present in the NHL than ever before and with Brunner we finally have a forward who has a real chance for a spot (and who doesn't run back home if there is the slightest resistance).
But with our financial situation (compared to eastern eropean countries like Slovakia and the Czech Rep.) and the relatively high popularity of ice hockey in our country, there is still much potential that isn't used right now.

I really hope the J+S programs output will be as good as it's promised to be. Because it could literally be the last stone that needs to be set in the bridge to the Top 7. I don't think we lack the natural talent for that.

TheNeutrality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 09:39 AM
  #136
duga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zuerich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
Well, If Simpson would agree about coaching the u-20 furthermore, I'm fine with that. It even makes partly sence, 'cause he could get a glimpse on the most talented yoing players around New Year and that could raise the chances of the best to be considered comes May...

There's a big difference between NA and Europe when it comes to mediacoverage and people's interest in junior hockey, and if the income isn't good either...well then using it as a carreer's springboard is definitely one of the biggest pro-factors this job offers. (of course you can learn a lot about coaching in this short, partly in Ko-System played tournament,...but then you have to coach and not only forcing your system upon the team)

Unfortunately, there aren't many coaches as altruistic as AdC that would almost give their lives for a general improvement of the hockey culture... thus if he won't stay în Davos forever I could very well see him doing some junior coaching again.

duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:32 AM
  #137
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Rafik Soliman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeutrality View Post
You have a point, I might exaggerated the problems a little. But for me it's always a bad sign if the majority of your top end talents tries to get out of your country to start its pro career (Nino, Bärtschi, Kukan, Richard, Andrighetto and the list goes on...).
And that again is a problem in the world we are living in here in Switzerland... I think we all agree, that our Elite A Junior League is at 14 teams way to big for the current existing talent in Switzerland....

The perfect thing would be 6 teams on the top-level and concentrate all the talent on those teams... But, at the moment those teams would be GCK, Kloten, Bern, Langnau, Zug and maybe Davos (based on their schoolish-situation with the sport-gymnasium etc.) and if you look at that list you'd already have your "Röstigraben"-conflict... So the whole system would have to be on a reagional basis and the junior league would have to be independent and to make the jump to the National League, you'd problably have to implement some kind of draft system... but then again, based on our legal system, this would be impossible to construct, since in Switzerland you can not tell a Person he has to move from Davos to Geneva, without leaving him the joice to say no... And the whole system would falter, with the first talent that withdraws from the club that chose him....

So the federation went with 10 teams, but there just weren't that many french-speaking teams that were able to etablish themselfs in the A-Group.... So that's why they expanded again and again to 14 teams so they still could justifiy why they still want goverment money for the youth movement... You can not do that and in the end if all would stay in the german speaking part of Switzerland...

So the playing-modus they have now, is actually quite good and is leaned on the Swedish modus they use in their junior league... But it the clubs that are not handling it properly in my eyes...
The Championship starts with a preliminary round where each team plays the other twice and usualy that is when all the roster is loaded with the best talent, since every one wants to reach the top-7 and with that the Championship Round, where everybody is playing against each other again twice...
But what teams do, when they eather failed or reach that round, they pick the best talent out of the roster and insert them in the Senior-Roster (a.e. Simon Sterchi of the SCL young tigers, or Jason Fuchs of Chaux-de-Fonds or the GCK Lions who have all they talents in the NLB-Team) and that is making the extra round sometimes weaker than the preliminary round...

If the league would make a rule similar to the NHL, maybe that would help to give our Junior League more strenght? That would mean either you play 100% Junior or 100% Senior, but back and forth or call-ups are not allowed.... Maybe that would help?

Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:31 AM
  #138
krax
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
Some valuable points here. I'd like to add the following:

Concentrating the U20 forces based on clubs is suboptimal IMO. Your list is biased by young players moving from the french/italian speaking parts to Bern or Zurich, where they find better infrastructres and easier integration of studies/hockey. U17 ranking give a better image of the club situation IMO.
The biggest obstacle is the school/apprenticeship situation. Few clubs have the infrastructure for hockey + studies.

I'd rather see a concentration on a regional level. Something like:
1. Team Léman (Geneva, Lausanne)
2. Team Matterhorn (Visp, Sierre, Martigny)
3. Team Jurassic Park (Ajoie, Chaux-de-Fonds, Biel)
4. Team Central East (Zug, Rapperswil)
5. Team Central West (Bern, Langnau, Fribourg)
6. Team Zurich (Zurich, Kloten, GCK)
7. Team East (Davos, Chur, Thurgau)
8. Team South (Ambri, Lugano)

Concentrate the best coaches around those teams, build modern infrastructures, integrate with colleges and companys offering apprenticeships, paving the way to engineering schools and universities and maybe towards a hockey career.

But this will never happen...there's too much club oriented thinking in Switzerland.

krax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:43 PM
  #139
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?
 
Finlandia WOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,281
vCash: 500
What can anyone tell me about Gregory Hoffman? Like how does he project in the North America?

If he doesn't sign, he's either a free agent or he reenters the draft (I don't know). Deadline is this summer. Does he have a long term contract with Davos?

Finlandia WOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:39 PM
  #140
koh19
Registered User
 
koh19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Fribourg
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway to Cap Hell View Post
What can anyone tell me about Gregory Hoffman? Like how does he project in the North America?

If he doesn't sign, he's either a free agent or he reenters the draft (I don't know). Deadline is this summer. Does he have a long term contract with Davos?
The kids seems to have elevated his game in a big way since going to Davos. I think he was the top scorer for a period of time there, not sure how long though. Del Curto, the head coach of Davos, said he is one of the best skaters he's ever seen.

I don't know if the NHL is his short-medium term goal (it most likely is, I don't know many hockey players who don't have such a dream/goal). Maybe he can move to the NHL in 2 years or so. I don't know anything about his status with Carolina. I hope they sign him.

koh19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 11:33 AM
  #141
Rafik Soliman
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Rafik Soliman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
aight... The Swiss won also the exhibition game vs. the under-19 team by a score of 4-2... But that wasn't a game to built on... The under-19 team was a very weak group, because of injuries and players still involved in their current teams championship....

At the end these was the under-18 line-up:
Starting goaltender:
Nicola Aeberhard
Backup:
Ludovic Waeber

Defense:
Mirco Müller - Edson Harlacher
Mauro Dufner - Yannick Rathgeb
Phil Baltisberger - Xeno Büsser
Simon Kindschi - Roger Karrer

Forwards:
Timo Meier - Denis Malgin - Fabio Högger
Marc Marchon - Luca Hischier - Michael Hügli
Ramon Pfranger - Marc Aeschlimann - Patrick Bandiera
Tim Wiesers - Patrick Brändli - Noha Rod

Healthy scratches:
Jonas Siegenthaler
Pius Suter
Jason Fuchs

That means, that the coaching staff made the following cuts:
Daniel Guntern (G)
Tim Grossniklaus (D)
Cedric Maurer (D)
Andri Spiller (F)

Like I said, the game was weak and you could realy see how the talented seperated itself from the rest. Mirco Müller is talent-wise a clear step ahead of all of the other players (under-18 AND 19)... The difference was realy increadible and I'm starting to believe, that there won't be another NHL-draftee besides him this year...
Phil Baltisberger just continues to impress with his strengh and Högger with his speed, but it's incredible how inconsistent the forward plays... Has hot and cold shifts and won't gain any ground if he plays like this at the WJC....

I still can't believe how Celio could not take Fiala with him... His offensiv cleverness and creativity is highly missed on the team... I would also say his immaturity and cookiness is something they could have used for this tournament.... I still can not imagine what the reason is to cut a player of the caliber like that???

Anyhow, this was the line-up of the under-19

Goaltender:
Niklas Schlegel

Defense:
Claude Paschoud - Lukas Frick
Riccardo Sartori - Zaccheo Dotti
Dennis Urech - Timon Zuber
Benoit Jecker - Mathieu Tanner

Forwards:
Nicola Brandi - Yannick Albrecht - Yanick Burkhalter
Patrick Incir - Nico Dünner - Lars Frei
Roman Faic - Flavio Schmutz - Olivier Bucher
Anton Ranov - Thomas Studer - Dario Kummer


Last edited by Rafik Soliman: 04-15-2013 at 05:10 AM.
Rafik Soliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:44 PM
  #142
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie
 
TheNeutrality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafik Soliman View Post
aight... The Swiss won also the exhibition game vs. the under-19 team by a score of 4-2... But that wasn't a game to built on... The under-19 team was a very weak group, because of injuries and players still involved in their current teams championship....

At the end these was the under-18 line-up:
Starting goaltender:
Nicola Aeberhard
Backup:
Ludovic Waeber

Defense:
Mirco Müller - Edson Harlacher
Mauro Dufner - Yannick Rathgeb
Phil Baltisberger - Xeno Büsser
Simon Kindschi - Roger Karrer

Forwards:
Timo Meier - Denis Malgin - Fabio Högger
Marc Marchon - Luca Hischier - Michael Hügli
Ramon Pfranger - Marc Aeschlimann - Patrick Bandiera
Tim Wiesers - Patrick Brändli - Noha Rod

Healthy scratches:
Jonas Siegenthaler
Pius Suter
Jason Fuchs

That means, that the coaching staff made the following cuts:
Daniel Guntern (G)
Tim Grossniklaus (D)
Cedric Maurer (D)
Andri Spiller (F)

Like I said, the game was weak and you could realy see how the talented seperated itself from the rest. Mirco Müller is talent-wise a clear step ahead of all of the other players (under-18 AND 19)... The difference was realy increadible and I'm starting to believe, that there won't be another NHL-draftee besides him this year...
Phil Baltisberger just continues to impress with his strengh and Högger with his speed, but it's incredible how inconsistent the forward plays... Has hot and cold shifts and won't gain any ground if he plays like this at the WJC....

I still can't believe how Celio could not take Fiala with him... His offensiv cleverness and creativity is highly missed on the team... I would also say his immaturity and cookiness is something they could have used for this tournament.... I still can not imagine what the reason is to cut a player of the caliber like that???

Anyhow, this was the line-up of the under-19

Goaltender:
Niklas Schlegel

Defense:
Claude Paschoud - Lukas Frick
Riccardo Sartori - Zaccheo Dotti
Dennis Urech - Timon Zuber
Benoit Jecker - Mathieu Tanner

Forwards:
Nicola Brandi - Yannick Albrecht - Yanick Burkhalter
Patrick Incir - Nico Dünner - Lukas Frei
Roman Faic - Flavio Schmutz - Olivier Bucher
Anton Ranov - Thomas Studer - Dario Kummer

I think Müller will go in the early second, probably even between #25 and #30. And I think Andrighetto has a decent chance to be picked as an overager, as he impressed everybody at the last WJHC and posted decent numbers in the CHL.

But other than that... I agree. I don't really know about next year, too. At least Kevin Fiala and Phil Baltisberger could go within the first 3 rounds, but after them... (Perhaps I just overlook some guys here, I tend to do that)


Fiala could become a true gem. And Celios decision to leave him off the team is laughable, eventhough Celio may have personal issues with him. If Fiala doesn't act like he should, bench him for one or two games. But you don't leave your most talented forward off the team with such a reasoning.


Last edited by TheNeutrality: 04-12-2013 at 01:55 PM.
TheNeutrality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:46 PM
  #143
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Latvia U18 - Switzerland U18 0:3 (0:1, 0:2, 0:0)
Goals: 2 Hogger, 1 Hugli

All the info I have, didn't see the game. How do you rate your team's strength for this WC?

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 05:22 AM
  #144
duga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Zuerich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 443
vCash: 500
What happend to Wieser, he's been the most productive player of his generation for quite some time... injured?

And Ramon Pfranger over Noah Rod... really?


Last edited by duga: 04-18-2013 at 09:49 AM.
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 07:09 AM
  #145
Zorkan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 232
vCash: 500
BTW, as far as I remember Celio was also involved in the bad treatment of Luca Cunti by GCK Lions prior to the second stint (after having tried to go to the US). As long as we do not learn to deal with extraordinary talent which might also have a flavor of extravagance we will never produce top level players, but rather a well-educated, well-drilled class of solid mediocre players. I sure hope that the "dinosaurs" will be replaced in the future by more progressively thinking people...

That being said, I just hope Celio will never come back to "my" organisation (ZSC)...

Zorkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 11:54 AM
  #146
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,167
vCash: 500
Our U18 was a bit less than brilliant in its last performances in Sochi.

after an initial 4-1 victory (30 - 19 shots) against the Slovaks.
0-6 loss vs Sweden (24 - 32 shots) and
1-10 loss vs Canada (21 - 35 shots)!

Someone has an idea what is wrong ?
goaltending ? scoring ?
Celio headcoach ?

tks

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2013, 05:13 PM
  #147
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Celio headcoach ?
YES!!!!!

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 02:33 AM
  #148
stv11
Global Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 1,813
vCash: 500
There's only so much a coach can do. When you lose a game 10-1, changing one man won't solve everything.

stv11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:41 AM
  #149
TheNeutrality
Living out a lie
 
TheNeutrality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 7,958
vCash: 50
Difference in terms of talent, that was wrong.

It's not exactly the deepest year for us, which gets painfully obvious against deep teams like the swedes and the canadians. Nothing new, I didn't expect much more. Would have been nice if the games against CAN and SWE weren't blowouts, though...

TheNeutrality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2013, 03:57 AM
  #150
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,199
vCash: 500
If you beat SVK 4-1 and let them no chance for a win and if you see that SVK was able to hold a 1-3 to Canada I see no reason why SWI should get such a blowout. Of course a new coach can't change everything but Celio just had so many chances now and never succeded. Of course we'll always be outsiders vs. Swe and Can but with the right attitude and the correct tactics it should be possible to hang on and get a good result. Last time Swi played Can on an U18 IHWC Switzerland won

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.