HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Who should we draft?

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
What did Philly pay to move up to #1 and take Fleury? How about Vancouver to get both Sedins? Just wishful thinking, that if we won the lottery one of the other top 5 might want to pay to get Jones.
Thats the way I see it also if they happen to get a top three this team and its issues would be poised to trade that pick move down to say 6th still get Lindholm and could add an additional piece in the mix.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:47 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
What did Philly pay to move up to #1 and take Fleury? How about Vancouver to get both Sedins? Just wishful thinking, that if we won the lottery one of the other top 5 might want to pay to get Jones.
was Pittsburgh not Philly and I think they had #1 on their own...

but I agree if we get #1 I would trade down although no lower than 3 as good as it sounds like McKinnon and Drouin are we cant pass up on the chance to get one of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Thats the way I see it also if they happen to get a top three this team and its issues would be poised to trade that pick move down to say 6th still get Lindholm and could add an additional piece in the mix.
no way would I move from 1 to 6 unless there is a proven top line forward coming our way for the trouble... trading from one to six could mean the difference between getting Toews and getting Upshall

Old
04-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
was Pittsburgh not Philly and I think they had #1 on their own...

but I agree if we get #1 I would trade down although no lower than 3 as good as it sounds like McKinnon and Drouin are we cant pass up on the chance to get one of them

no way would I move from 1 to 6 unless there is a proven top line forward coming our way for the trouble... trading from one to six could mean the difference between getting Toews and getting Upshall
It was Pitt but Fla had the 1st pick in 2003 and traded it to Pitt.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:01 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
The difference between Jones and Lindholm, or Mackinnon\Drouin and Lindholm--is astronomical. If DP dropped more than a single spot, he should lose his job.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:02 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
What did Philly pay to move up to #1 and take Fleury?
2003-Jun-21 Draft pick rights (used to draft Fleury) traded from Florida Panthers with round 3 pick in the 2003 draft (Daniel Carcillo) to Pittsburgh Penguins for Mikael Samuelsson, round 1 pick in the 2003 draft (Nathan Horton) and round 2 pick in the 2003 draft (Stefan Meyer)

Quote:
How about Vancouver to get both Sedins? Just wishful thinking, that if we won the lottery one of the other top 5 might want to pay to get Jones.
1999-Jun-26 Draft pick rights traded from Atlanta Thrashers (No. 2 overall pick) with round 3 pick in the 2000 draft to Vancouver Canucks for round 1 pick (No. 1 overall) in the 1999 draft (Patrik Stefan)

Old
04-16-2013, 04:07 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
The difference between Jones and Lindholm, or Mackinnon\Drouin and Lindholm--is astronomical. If DP dropped more than a single spot, he should lose his job.
Agreed. If we are in the top 3 after the lottery, then we should stay there and select the loser of the Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin battle. I'd gladly take any of the three, but if the completely unexpected happens and Jones falls to No. 3, I'm calling for an extension on the draft floor and taking calls from any and all comers, but first starting with calling over a GM we know needs a defenseman and who has a bonafide top prospect we want and taking him for all he's worth...

Old
04-16-2013, 04:20 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
....I'm calling for an extension on the draft floor and taking calls from any and all comers, but first starting with calling over a GM we know needs a defenseman and who has a bonafide top prospect we want and taking him for all he's worth...
I'm doing this no matter where we land, or at least to fish to see how crazy some of the GM's are. With the cap falling and this years draft supposedly the deepest its been in years, picks are going be be gold. The haul we get for, say a number 3 or 4, could be huge.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:28 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

I want Mackinnon, Drouin, Barkov, or Lindholm. We draft one of those guys and We will be in great shape.

Old
04-16-2013, 05:00 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka View Post
I want Mackinnon, Drouin, Barkov, or Lindholm. We draft one of those guys and We will be in great shape.
Likewise. Even happy with monahan, but I think we should go all out for mackinnon or drouin, both seem to be way ahead of the rest of this pack of already elite forward prospects. Whether we go all out by not winning another game or by making a trade to move up due to not finishing in bottom three, but we HAVE to get mackinnon or drouin IMO. Just must be done!
Barkov, Lindholm and Monahan are not for sure prospects, very good but not anywhere near as good as drouin and mackinnon.

Old
04-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Top 6 Spaling

I'm going to spend the next couple of months reading endless draft articles. I have been familiar with the last two draft classes, but I want to know this one up and down.

The excitement is already building for me. I can't wait to see who we get.

Old
04-16-2013, 05:40 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Looking at the games, CAR and TB will decide who will get what. They play a lot of the lottery teams below Nashville.

Old
04-16-2013, 06:01 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
It was Pitt but Fla had the 1st pick in 2003 and traded it to Pitt.
youre right, I was thinking 2 and 3 swapped but it was 1 and 2...

Old
04-16-2013, 06:04 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Agreed. If we are in the top 3 after the lottery, then we should stay there and select the loser of the Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin battle. I'd gladly take any of the three, but if the completely unexpected happens and Jones falls to No. 3, I'm calling for an extension on the draft floor and taking calls from any and all comers, but first starting with calling over a GM we know needs a defenseman and who has a bonafide top prospect we want and taking him for all he's worth...
are you referring to Mr Holmgren??

think he'd part with Cooter for Jones?

Old
04-16-2013, 06:06 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

wondering if we are number 4 or 5 what we'd have to give up to move up to 3 or 2

Old
04-16-2013, 06:14 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
are you referring to Mr Holmgren??

think he'd part with Cooter for Jones?
yes for sure

Old
04-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
yes for sure
Jones+Spaling/Blum for #4/5 (Barkov/Lindholm)+Couturier

Future top 6:

Wilson-Barkov-Forsberg
Beck-Couturier-Aberg/Hornqvist/UFA

Old
04-16-2013, 06:21 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
wondering if we are number 4 or 5 what we'd have to give up to move up to 3 or 2
going off recent transactions... we'd probably be looking at a early 2nd round pick + a depth guy or prospect with untapped potential.. of course we don't have a 2nd round pick

something like say ... 2nd overall pick + 4th round pick for 4th overall pick + 2nd round pick (34th overall) + matt halischuk

if we finish with the #4 pick, id do everything i could to trade up to #2 to get mackinnon ... ryan ellis + 4th or 5th overall... this year could be different considering the top players in the draft all seem to be great choices. so say if a team is really high on mackinnon, drouin, and barkov.. getting a guy like ryan ellis could be enticing considering they still get one of their 'guys'

Old
04-16-2013, 06:34 PM
maplepred

Quote:
going off recent transactions... we'd probably be looking at a early 2nd round pick + a depth guy or prospect with untapped potential.. of course we don't have a 2nd round pick

something like say ... 2nd overall pick + 4th round pick for 4th overall pick + 2nd round pick (34th overall) + matt halischuk

if we finish with the #4 pick, id do everything i could to trade up to #2 to get mackinnon ... ryan ellis + 4th or 5th overall... this year could be different considering the top players in the draft all seem to be great choices. so say if a team is really high on mackinnon, drouin, and barkov.. getting a guy like ryan ellis could be enticing considering they still get one of their 'guys'
Don't know how excited I would be about trading Ellis and fourth overall just to move up two second overall (two spots?)
I would do Blum maybe or someone like budish, or Watson. But if we trade Ellis, may as well draft jones because we empty our defense prospects like nothing then.
I'd obviously rather/ love to have mackinnon. But is barkov and Ellis > mackinnon?!?!

Old
04-16-2013, 06:51 PM
NoNecksCurse

i think one of blum or ellis needs to be traded. ellis has most value. blum in the deal doesn't get it done.. im starting to worry more and more about ellis' size so im not opposed to trading him. but if i was guaranteed to get mackinnon, id trade ellis + 4th overall (barkov) and don't look back

Old
04-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
youre right, I was thinking 2 and 3 swapped but it was 1 and 2...
1 & 3
Carolina picked 2nd Canes wanted MAF but Pitt moved up to get him. Canes got Staal FL took Horton 3rd

Old
04-16-2013, 07:18 PM
jfw

Interesting read..

http://www.thescoutingreport.org/the...non-or-drouin/

Old
04-16-2013, 08:05 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfw View Post
So intense!!

Old
04-16-2013, 08:07 PM
truefan8993

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Don't know how excited I would be about trading Ellis and fourth overall just to move up two second overall (two spots?)
I would do Blum maybe or someone like budish, or Watson. But if we trade Ellis, may as well draft jones because we empty our defense prospects like nothing then.
I'd obviously rather/ love to have mackinnon. But is barkov and Ellis > mackinnon?!?!
Personally I don't think so. Barkov is a great prospect and I will still be very happy if we pick him if Mackinnon and Drouin are unavailable.

Old
04-16-2013, 08:10 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
we're pretty much a lock for a top 5 pick... since we have essentially never been in this place before, we should do whatever it takes to get mackinnon.. at least drouin. mackinnon because he is the franchise CENTER. the way this franchise has been ran we may not have another top 10 for another 7 years.. no reason not to tank. the worst thing for us is to go at #5.. #2-#4 and we get mackinnon, drouin, or barkov. that's in the order im suspecting they will be drafted from the research ive done tanking into consideration team needs.

Old
04-16-2013, 08:18 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
lol that was funny

Closed Thread