HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Eberle and EDM's 1st round pick

Old
04-16-2013, 03:31 PM
WNY to NoVA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
This. Eberle and a 1st gets a huge package, not the crap being offered here. Think either a franchise d-man and a something else or a big, productive 2nd line center and a below franchise but still first pair d-man. Some of these offers are in the ballpark for Eberle OR the first, not both.

MacTavish said that it was unlikely that any of these kids are moved unless its a substantial return. We`re not selling low here. So if anyone wants Eberle, stop with the offers that include your second best d-man and bits and pieces. Unless that 2nd d-man is amazing, ha ha. For Eberle AND the 1st, we`d need a guy like OEL, Pietro, Subban, Doughty, etc. coming back as part of the deal.
yeah back to my initial post

vanek and some 2nd rounders (maybe one of the 1st, if a little more is coming back) for either Eberle or the Pick

WNY to NoVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Psychoil

i don't think i want to move eberle.....maybe its cus of his past with hockey canada, and we don't know what this kid could be like in playoff games....like he's clearly shown an ability to be uber clutch.

the first id trade....what about our first (3-8 draft position) for a guy like wayne simmonds? yes no? I dont know what philly fans think of that?

Psychoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:35 PM
goodsauce

vCash: 50
Calgary sends the Almighty Anton, who will grace Edmonton with his presence as a Healthy Scratch almost every night with his holiness.

goodsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:38 PM
stlblues9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
You might be onto something here. I don't know how Blues fans feel about it. Their blue line is stacked right now and Eberle could walk onto that team and instantly be their most dangerous forward.
The blue line is stacked but there is no one to replace Shattenkirk and St. Louis' current strength is on the wing, that's before Jaskin and Rattie hit the NHL. So while Eberle + 1st would be a great deal value wise, it makes no sense to deal from a weakness (strength but if you take away from it, it automatically becomes a weakness) for something the Blues have an abundance of.

I agree that Eberle would be the most dangerous forward right now, we'll see how Tarasenko develops but I would love to see him play for the Blues.

I have to say though, the underrating of Eberle in this thread is a little ridiculous.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:40 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
The blue line is stacked but there is no one to replace Shattenkirk and St. Louis' current strength is on the wing, that's before Jaskin and Rattie hit the NHL. So while Eberle + 1st would be a great deal value wise, it makes no sense to deal from a weakness (strength but if you take away from it, it automatically becomes a weakness) for something the Blues have an abundance of.

I agree that Eberle would be the most dangerous forward right now, we'll see how Tarasenko develops but I would love to see him play for the Blues.

I have to say though, the underrating of Eberle in this thread is a little ridiculous.
you must give up one of your big-4 if you want something off our team...

wait? you are offering a big-4? he must be as bad as gagner who is as bad as hemsky who is as bad as horcoff.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
I think you would need to include Klefbum in some trades to get a Dman back. In return you would get another winger. that is eparating out the 1st round pick for the moment.

With other teams it may not be enough to get their true #1 Dman. You need to look instead at =top 2 potential from a younger dman.

Buffalo could do(other pieces could be added):

1. Vanek+McNabb for Eberlee+ 1st.

2. Stafford+Myers for Eberlee+ Klefbom+ 1st
And Oilers would pass on those.

Kulleroinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:55 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
you must give up one of your big-4 if you want something off our team...

wait? you are offering a big-4? he must be as bad as gagner who is as bad as hemsky who is as bad as horcoff.
It's because people NHL.com stat-watch. Eberle is neither as bad as this year's numbers nor as good as last year's numbers. He's somewhere in between. Still a capable first liner, but not the budding star everyone acted like he was, not better than Hall, and a step down from the three 1st overall guys, particularly Hall and Yakupov.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Even while being extremely snake bitten, he's scoring at a 25 goal pace...and it's not like Eberle hasn't looked good this season. There's a reason why Oilers fans haven't been getting on him. He's creating tons of chances. He's really just gotten very few bounces this season.
...and the fact is that Edmonton isn't trading Eberle either. This is all hypothetical. The Oilers don't need to trade Eberle. It's not like he's requested a trade so MacT is negotiating from a position of weakness.

Also, considering the Preds might be going into a rebuilding phase, maybe an elite Dman that they only signed to that huge contract so they wouldn't lose him just for picks is someone they'd be interested in moving.
So you're saying Eberle's shooting % was unsustainable? ;o)

Weber, who couldn't be traded until about 7/25/13, would have been paid $27M for one year of service for the Preds. Even beyond being team captain, I highly doubt he gets traded just based on the $'s paid to him by the Preds.

Would the Oilers consider Seabrook & McNeil for Eberle & 1st? (My thought would be that the Hawks would try to move Sharp for an equivelant d-man after that).

Seabrook would make sense just that he's locked up for 4 more years, so it's not like he'd be a one year rental like some of the other names mentioned (Vanek).

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:58 PM
oconnor9sean
Benn & Seguin

I'd trade Eriksson + something small for the OP package.

I'd prefer RNH, but I don't think Edmonton values Eberle more than RNH

oconnor9sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

It is quite funny to see how underrated Eberle (or any EDM player for that matter) is at these forums. He+1st are not moving for any of those "offers".

Old
04-16-2013, 04:09 PM
veedubn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
It is quite funny to see how underrated Eberle (or any EDM player for that matter) is at these forums. He+1st are not moving for any of those "offers".
I'm waiting to hear what players would interest Edmonton fans (other than Weber who isn't going anywhere) for that package.

veedubn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
So you're saying Eberle's shooting % was unsustainable? ;o)

Weber, who couldn't be traded until about 7/25/13, would have been paid $27M for one year of service for the Preds. Even beyond being team captain, I highly doubt he gets traded just based on the $'s paid to him by the Preds.

Would the Oilers consider Seabrook & McNeil for Eberle & 1st? (My thought would be that the Hawks would try to move Sharp for an equivelant d-man after that).

Seabrook would make sense just that he's locked up for 4 more years, so it's not like he'd be a one year rental like some of the other names mentioned (Vanek).
I feel like im being tricked...why would the hawks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oconnor9sean View Post
I'd trade Eriksson + something small for the OP package.

I'd prefer RNH, but I don't think Edmonton values Eberle more than RNH
Eriksson is not what we need, nor would it make any sense to give up a 1st to swap Eberle for Erikson...who is right now better, but 5 years older and has much less team control remaining.

I don't think Edmonton would give up Eberle for Eriksson straight up, but i respect that you feel the same.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubn1 View Post
I'm waiting to hear what players would interest Edmonton fans (other than Weber who isn't going anywhere) for that package.
I think you might have to wait for a while. I thought this thread is about asking other fans what they would give for the package. Can't speak for others but I am a too shy to post a proposal, which would only lead to "lol you will have to add a lot for that".

Old
04-16-2013, 04:24 PM
stlblues9

What about something around Berglund for the first?

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

Quote:
Would your team do that?

Old
04-16-2013, 04:27 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Quote:
Berglund + "something significant" for Gagner and the first would be interesting. Don't know what the Blues' "something significant" would be though.

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:37 PM
SDig14

As much as I like some of the players mentioned, the Oilers do not need a Vanek or Eriksson type of player right now.

We need defense (preferably a legit #2 LHD), goaltending help and a 2C, all while looking for size and grit all all of these positions as well.

A guy like Berglund would be pretty interesting, I just have no idea how highly he is valued in STL or what a fair offer would look like.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Maybe they aren't but depending what direction they decide to take the team over the next few years(rebuild), they probably should. If the Preds thought Weber was worth the money he was making, they wouldn't have waited for the Flyers to give him an offersheet. So why pay Weber while you rebuild? He makes 80M in the first 6 years of the deal. And you think Weber is going want to be there for a rebuild?

You're not sure you'd do it?

The only reason Oilers fans don't want Gagner as their 2nd line center is because of the type of players they already have in their top 6. So we sacrifice Eberle to downgrade on Gagner and add a Dman that hasn't proved a whole lot in the NHL yet(not his fault. He's young). Plus the Oilers add a top 10 pick?
If we are rebuilding then we have the best defensman in his prime and one of the best goalies in the league to start out. Plus Forsberg and a top 5 pick. If Weber doesn't like us rebuilding then he has his whole career to make our team better. We either trade him for an astronomical price or he stays.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:42 PM
HitmanKiller12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
2 of Eberle/hall/rnh/yakupov + one of Smid/Petry/Schultz + this year 1st

OR

2 of the defenders one of the big four plus multiple 1sts.

That's what it'll take to get weber.
On what planet?

HitmanKiller12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:45 PM
StringerBell

Yakupov would bring in so much more than Eberle, and although Yakupov probably winds up being the better player I think they'd be better served trading him to address their needs. They could bring in a huge piece with Yakupov and another key guy with that first. Trading Eberle when he's slumping after signing that huge contract is the wrong move IMO.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:46 PM
burgess1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
Not saying I actually want to do it from a Sens POV, but how about;

Ottawa
Eberle
1st

Edmonton
Kyle Turris
Jared Cowen
3rd

Edmonton gets a true number 2 center. The sens hope and pray Zibanejad could step in at their 2C spot.
Cowen also fits in as a defensive rock on the EDM blue-line.
The sens can go with:
Michalek-Spezza-Eberle
Conacher-Zibanejad-Silfverberg

Which is a really good top six IMO, unless that youngster line has a big Sophomore slump.
The Sens value Cowen just as much as the Oilers value Eberle. Cowen for Eberle straight up would be fair. Gotta give to receive. In that case I would suggest then that the 1st rounder is used to acquire a forward with size from another team.

If it MUST be the package from the OP (Eberle + 1st) I would say Cowen + Ottawa's 1st + Mark Stone would be the best deal Ottawa could make given the Oilers needs. Can't see Ottawa moving Cowen, but this would be closer to the mark than the proposal above.

burgess1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
2 of Eberle/hall/rnh/yakupov + one of Smid/Petry/Schultz + this year 1st

OR

2 of the defenders one of the big four plus multiple 1sts.

That's what it'll take to get weber.
Weber hasn't even been that great this season. Talk about overpay. That would completely destroy our team. You're asking for Two 1st Overall players, a high level young dman, and a top 5 pick in a pretty hyped draft. That's insane.

Happy Hallidays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
what do you think Eberle will return.

instead of criticizing people actually make an intellegent counter offer to proposals.

Fact is Nashvile will not give up Weber. teams will not give up a pure #1 Dman.

eberlee has some risk given he is under a long term contract and his season so far---was last year an anomolly for him? I dont know. $6M per is a good for a reliable 30+ goal scorer---but not for someone who does 15-20.
He has 12 Goals this season and trust me he should have more. Ask any Oilers fan. He is no where close to a 15-20 Goal Scorer. If Brouwer can be that on Washington that makes Eberle a 40 Goal scorer on Washington.

Happy Hallidays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:54 PM
The Big D

Eberle & the first for captian Dion... There's your top pairing D man and a home town boy too boot. Only way TO does this is if it looks like dion wants out/won't resign to decent numbers

The Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:55 PM
sabrescupbound

If I was Buffalo I might offer Miller and eat 1/2 his cap and Myers IF Edmonton has a top 5 pick

Edit: Never mind, I was thinking he was a winger, and I didn't realize his contract goes to 6 mil a year after this year.

Last edited by sabrescupbound: 04-16-2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: edit:
sabrescupbound is offline   Reply With Quote