HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #43 : KINGS @ SHARKS - Tuesday, 4/16/13 @ 7:30 pm PDT (TV= KCOP My13:NBC-SN)

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

vCash: 500
So this could easily be a 1st round matchup...and we could easily flip positions with the Sharks giving them home ice. Looking at the Sharks record at home, that matchup worries me.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:40 PM
YP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
So this could easily be a 1st round matchup...and we could easily flip positions with the Sharks giving them home ice. Looking at the Sharks record at home, that matchup worries me.
What scares me more than this game is the fact that the rest of our games are against pretty good teams.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:47 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Not only that, from what I remember is that the Sharks almost always light up quick like a Christmas tree. I don't want to play against them in the playoffs.

Old
04-16-2013, 02:48 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Are they just picking up the Sharks feed on NBCSN?

Old
04-16-2013, 02:50 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
What scares me more than this game is the fact that the rest of our games are against pretty good teams.
Meh, all of our games in the playoffs will be against good teams. If you can't hang with the big boys, you don't deserve to be there. Quick has looked much better the last two games, lets add to our road record against a good team and head into the playoffs strong!

Old
04-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

I'll be there; really need this one. Would much rather play the Wild as a 4 seed than having to go to SJ as a 5 seed.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:01 PM
likid

Sharks with back-to-back and third match in fourth night, Kings with first three days rest between two matches after long time. Kings must use this situation into their favour...

Old
04-16-2013, 03:01 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Are they just picking up the Sharks feed on NBCSN?
The normal feed for them would be Comcast sportsnet. Same company so I'm sure that is what it is. Earlier in the year they sent the Sharks team to do a NBCSN game in LA when the Sharks were off that night.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:03 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
24 Years of Fail

Quote:
I knew Burns was playing wing...but top line!! Has he really made that good of a transition?

He's been better than any of us would've predicted. Not only is he producing but his move into that top RW spot allowed for Pavelski to move back to his natural center position on the third line against weaker competition, and he's been playing MUCH better since then. On top of all this Burns is probably the fastest skater on the team, so one of our main weakness (top six speed) has become a strength.

Anyway here's to a good game today, and I'm hoping for a first round rematch down the road.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:13 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
San Jose's isn't any better than ours. The 2 teams that are right there that have the better schedule are Minn and STL. But Minn must face both us and the SJ which could mostly knock them out having to make up 3 points if they lose against both of us. But those are the only tough games left for them. And if we get the win tonight and Van takes out STL that would put them in a real deep hole.
But this is a 4 point game when it comes to trying to get 4th because SJ is the team that controls 5th. So win and we move into single digits on clinching 4th.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:20 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Is anyone else having difficulty seeing this on the NBCSN schedule? I can't find it anywhere to DVR it and that's bothering me.
I see it on the DirecTV channel guide, channel 220 at 7:30 PST.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:20 PM
MsWoof

Another late one but that's ok, better than an 11 pm game.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:32 PM
YP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
He's been better than any of us would've predicted. Not only is he producing but his move into that top RW spot allowed for Pavelski to move back to his natural center position on the third line against weaker competition, and he's been playing MUCH better since then. On top of all this Burns is probably the fastest skater on the team, so one of our main weakness (top six speed) has become a strength.

Anyway here's to a good game today, and I'm hoping for a first round rematch down the road.
Thank you for this.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:40 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Another late one but that's ok, better than an 11 pm game.
Much or any earlier and those of us on the west coast wouldn't be any too happy about the start time.

Old
04-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Brad Doty
\_(ツ)_/

Sharks have a habit of making us look like ****. They're one of the teams that makes me most uneasy, especially after I had the best seats of my life to that playoff meltdown...i have flashbacks like a nam vet every time I see that god damn teal jersey. Need to change that...GKG!

Old
04-16-2013, 04:10 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

I dunno, before last season the Blues had a history of owning the Kings in the playoffs and regular season and the Kings exorcised that demon.

It may be time for another playoff meeting with the Sharks this season to put them to bed. A lot of their fans think the Kings won the cup due to favorable matchups, and that the Kings were lucky in avoiding the Sharks in the playoffs last season. I would like to see the Kings make them eat those words.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:12 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I dunno, before last season the Blues had a history of owning the Kings in the playoffs and regular season and the Kings exorcised that demon.

It may be time for another playoff meeting with the Sharks this season to put them to bed. A lot of their fans think the Kings won the cup due to favorable matchups, and that the Kings were lucky in avoiding the Sharks in the playoffs last season. I would like to see the Kings make them eat those words.
I've never heard anyone specifically say that the Kings were lucky to avoid the Sharks in the playoffs.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:18 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post

I don't really care who we play. If we are fortunate enough to make the finals again it would most likely take us through Chicago. And if Pit or Boston come out of the east as most think will. We would then end up going through there if we won. And that alone would excise every playoff demon we have ever had.

Old
04-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Episkey
Nitrox

vCash: 976

Old
04-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Richie10

Yeah, for whatever reason I don't see the game scheduled on NBCSN in Vegas. Don't know what the deal is. Hopefully it was just a mistake on the TV guide and it will still be televised.

Old
04-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Sharks have a habit of making us look like ****. They're one of the teams that makes me most uneasy, especially after I had the best seats of my life to that playoff meltdown...i have flashbacks like a nam vet every time I see that god damn teal jersey. Need to change that...GKG!
I used to feel that way too....but I really think once we started playing Sutter hockey, it's been a whole different feel. I'm not afraid of the Sharks, but they are obviously doing something good at home, so I do worry about that if we don't get home ice.

Old
04-16-2013, 05:31 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Episkey View Post
To quote Mike Goldberg:

"OUR TALE OF THE TAPE...is brought to you by..."

Old
04-16-2013, 06:12 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

We got this one. I can feel it in my bones.

Old
04-16-2013, 06:17 PM
bobafettish*

um yea, just win.

Old
04-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Episkey View Post
ugh...did you really have to use #97?