HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 3)

Closed Thread

Old
04-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerBlue View Post
London never played the Whalers after the trade deadline. So there is no way that London played against Trocheck in our lineup. We lost 4-2 on December 29th to London. After that game, Plymouth has been on a tear. This should be a real good test for London to see if they can shut down 3 real good lines. You never know, it may be Plymouth that can't win a game. I don't think that will be the case for either team though. The real question is which team will be fortunate enough to win 4 games?
ah my mistake then, I thought they had played one game after the deadline.

It will definitely be interesting to see if Trocheck can make a big difference, London has had some trouble with high scoring lines before this season (Sarnia).

Old
04-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Cfriss216

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
ah my mistake then, I thought they had played one game after the deadline.

It will definitely be interesting to see if Trocheck can make a big difference, London has had some trouble with high scoring lines before this season (Sarnia).
Mitchell Heard and Stefan Noeson can also be a big x factor for Plymouth as well in this series. Wilson needs to play hard, physical hockey. Also hoping he can keep his emotions in check. Staying out of the box is crucial for both teams as is goaltending, but I feel both will elevate their game. Good luck London, can't wait for Fridays game, the Bud Gardens should be rocking!

Old
04-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Pony

This is going to be a fun series to watch. Two very good hockey teams should add up to some great hockey. By the way, not a fan of either team but I look forward to seeing some entertaining hockey. Love this time of year.

Old
04-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

I'm not sure you could make up a team better suited to knock off the Knights. The size and grit that Plymouth has coupled with a few excellent point producers (Rakell, Trocheck, Heard, Noesen, Wilson) will be tough to handle. When comparing the defence corps on either side though, you have to give the edge to London. A rookie goalie (sort of) in each net is interesting too.
Forwards - even - the talent and depth is very close.
Defence - edge London.
Goalies - even.
With that said, all it takes is a bounce or some bad calls to start the momentum going one way.....

I don't see that Game 6 tickets for Sunday afternoon are on sale yet in Plymouth, but I am going to make the trip. (I fully expect this to go 6 at least).
From what I see on tv, the arena looks like a good barn to catch a game

Old
04-16-2013, 05:10 PM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
I'm not sure you could make up a team better suited to knock off the Knights. The size and grit that Plymouth has coupled with a few excellent point producers (Rakell, Trocheck, Heard, Noesen, Wilson) will be tough to handle. When comparing the defence corps on either side though, you have to give the edge to London. A rookie goalie (sort of) in each net is interesting too.
Defence - edge London.
Goalies - even.
With that said, all it takes is a bounce or some bad calls to start the momentum going one way.....

I don't see that Game 6 tickets for Sunday afternoon are on sale yet in Plymouth, but I am going to make the trip. (I fully expect this to go 6 at least).
Lots of people have tried to knock the Compuware Arena for various reasons, I know it's not the most glamorous place as far as that awe factor when you walk into the seating bowl. But there isn't a bad seat in the house and your right on top of the action even if you get up to grab another beer/snack. I love going up to watch games, it has that cozy atmosphere to it and has that classic junior barn feel. By the way..when were the whalers on TV at home? It's to bad sportsnet never did a "Friday Night Hockey" game from Compuware, would have been a great team to put on national TV this year.

Old
04-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!

Quote:
Defence - edge London.
Goalies - even.

With Curcuruto injured for Plymouth, that definitely gives London the edge on defense. He and Carrick are the Whalers only two offensive threats from the blue line. Hartman is also out, but Plymouth has enough depth at forward to overcome that loss.

It should be a terrific series.

Old
04-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfriss216 View Post
Lots of people have tried to knock the Compuware Arena for various reasons, I know it's not the most glamorous place as far as that awe factor when you walk into the seating bowl. But there isn't a bad seat in the house and your right on top of the action even if you get up to grab another beer/snack. I love going up to watch games, it has
that cozy atmosphere to it and has that classic junior barn feel. By the way..when were the whalers on TV at home? It's to bad sportsnet never did a "Friday Night Hockey" game from Compuware, would have been a great team to put on national TV this year.
It wasnt this year that i saw the knights play the whale on tv, it was last year on the ohl package.
Lookin forward to my trip, LOVE away games!

Old
04-18-2013, 09:18 PM
dino200022

Good showcase for next years possible outdoor game as well? I expect this one tobe a battle. Gotta love how before the playoffs started I said I was terrified of meetin plymouth come playoff time and people laughed me off. Now people are saying it is going to be a tight one...told ya gents the whale play a hard nosed grind it out with a bunch of skill style of game and make take penalties. I am still scared, hoping nedej folds under the pressure.

Old
04-18-2013, 10:31 PM
sbrug

Hopefully the Knights didn't peak too early in the season. Phlyerphanatic had a good break down on the Knights' board. Forwards-edge Whale, D-edge Knights, Goalies-big question mark. Though I'd be inclined to go with Stolarz as he has 2 years on Nedeljkovic and is an NHL draft pick.

Series could go either way.

Old
04-19-2013, 07:08 AM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
Hopefully the Knights didn't peak too early in the season. Phlyerphanatic had a good break down on the Knights' board. Forwards-edge Whale, D-edge Knights, Goalies-big question mark. Though I'd be inclined to go with Stolarz as he has 2 years on Nedeljkovic and is an NHL draft pick.

Series could go either way.
Sorry, but I like my breakdown a few posts ago: same as above, only the forwards I see as a wash. Yes, the Whale have some size, depth and a lethal scorer....sound familiar? We do too (maybe not quite as much size). I do not see the Whale having an advantage up front, you can't convince me otherwise.
If Plymouth wins it will be because Wilson was too big and strong to handle down low, Trochek goes nuts with a case of the snipes and their goalie decides he wants to reincarnate the performance of Neuvirth circa 2007.
Knights in 6, and it will be one for the ages.

Old
04-19-2013, 07:27 AM
JL17

My only worry is that the game 2 against Saginaw and the loss to Kitchener London's D had trouble with a heavy forecheck. London's D hasn't had the great track record of breakout passes this season. The dealt away there best first pass guy(Raine) with pressure.

I give the Whalers forwards the edge... due to age, size and all of them can put up points. Plus they all play the same type of hockey and not afraid to get there nose dirty.

Our D is better... only problem is we'll be down to 4 D for most of the game against 3 very talented and skilled lines that will grind it out.

Goaltending... Well it's tough to tell... Stolarz has experience do to age but now it's a pressure cooker where 1 soft goal can make the difference.

Last edited by JL17: 04-19-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old
04-19-2013, 08:16 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino200022 View Post
Good showcase for next years possible outdoor game as well? I expect this one tobe a battle. Gotta love how before the playoffs started I said I was terrified of meetin plymouth come playoff time and people laughed me off. Now people are saying it is going to be a tight one...told ya gents the whale play a hard nosed grind it out with a bunch of skill style of game and make take penalties. I am still scared, hoping nedej folds under the pressure.
For me Plymouth has been the team to beat for the past 2 seasons. Last year Kitchener got lucky and took them out in 7. This is THE matchup of the playoffs. No disrespect to Barrie/Belleville.

Knights77: I have the forwards as close to a wash as you can get....slight edge to the Whalers if one wants to get picky. The key for me is our top 4 on D.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 04-19-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old
04-19-2013, 08:47 AM
aresknights

2 solid teams and staffs.
Which team can impose its will more? Both will carry the play at times, then its who adjusts the best on an ongoing basis. Period to period, game to game.
This knights squad can play different styles effectively and have done thru the year. ( To the displeasure of some fans )
Can Plymouth if they need to? ( I haven't seen them enough to know)

C'mon 7!

Old
04-19-2013, 04:23 PM
aresknights

Both teams will make some great plays with all the talent they have, the winner is more than likely the team that does all the little things best. Both these teams could beat alot teams on skill alone regardless of details. Not so much in this match up
Limit TOS at the bluelines, take the easy outs, win draws, block shots, be first to the puck, take a hit to make a play ect ect ect. The least mistakes will win, me thinks

Fairly quiet around here, everyone edgy, or excited, unsure? Hopefully this series matches the anticipation/hype a lot of fans have for it

Old
04-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Cfriss216

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Both teams will make some great plays with all the talent they have, the winner is more than likely the team that does all the little things best. Both these teams could beat alot teams on skill alone regardless of details. Not so much in this match up
Limit TOS at the bluelines, take the easy outs, win draws, block shots, be first to the puck, take a hit to make a play ect ect ect. The least mistakes will win, me thinks

Fairly quiet around here, everyone edgy, or excited, unsure? Hopefully this series matches the anticipation/hype a lot of fans have for it
Yeah I thought the same thing about there not being a big discussion, I guess everyone pretty much has nothing else to say other than lets just watch game 1. I mean you can make predictions and analyze 6 ways to sunday, but the general consensus comes down to "both teams are great, hope for an exciting series". At least that's how I see it.

Old
04-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

vCash: 50
Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
1 down 3 to go (:

Anderson had a great game, was very physical and put a lot of pressure on the whalers. Elie was also great. Knights had a great cycle all game and our D played a great shutdown style too. Trochek really disappeared in the 1st and didn't have a whole lot of quality chances to score 1 on 1 etc.

Carrick is really a beast though, great player as he showcased tonight. He put on a clinic.

Also can anyone tell me about Harringtons stick penalty???

Old
04-19-2013, 10:04 PM
sbrug

These prevent defence games are killing me. I guess if Stolarz is playing like Tim Thomas circa 2011, it's no big deal. Though playing games like this can haunt you, as seen in last year's Memorial Cup Final.

If they can go into Michigan up 2-0, that is so huge.

Old
04-19-2013, 10:05 PM
dino200022

Quote:
1 down 3 to go (:

Anderson had a great game, was very physical and put a lot of pressure on the whalers. Elie was also great. Knights had a great cycle all game and our D played a great shutdown style too. Trochek really disappeared in the 1st and didn't have a whole lot of quality chances to score 1 on 1 etc.

Carrick is really a beast though, great player as he showcased tonight. He put on a clinic.

Was trocheck even dressed tonight?? Joking by the way, 77 was banging bodies all night no matter who it was even tilted with wilson! Shocked that the whale were so weak on the boards, that will change next game I think. Nedel is quite composed for a 16 year old tendy. As for harringtons penalty I believe he was eigher playing with his broken stick or picked up stolarz stick to give it back to him?

Old
04-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Rubbers29

Quote:
1 down 3 to go (:

From sitting behind the Knights bench the ref told Dale that Harrington used Stolarz's to push the puck to the corner, I believe he just pushed the stick with an open hand but was enough to cause the call, he motioned Scott actually pushing with the stick not passing it back

Old
04-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

The ice must have been poor or something as both teams handled the puck all game like a hand grenade waiting to go off. Weird bounces everywhere. Trochek was invisible. Velucci tried hard to get his line out against Leroux's line whenever he could but Hunter countered with Horvats line.
Stolarz was very solid...again! (Becoming a theme in the playoffs).
Glad Sefton was out and Liberati was in...even though Liberati barely played it still meant Seftons minutes were dispersed amongst our top 4.
Note: unconfirmed rumour - M.Rupert could be out for longer than expected with a broken bone in his foot.
Good luck getting the team to admit that as they are still saying day-to-day and maybe week-to-week. With that said, Rupert is pretty tough and ive broken a bone in my foot before...depending on what is broke, it aint that bad

Im not overly impressed by this Ned kid in the Whaler net, i think we can/will break him.
Way too many times we got the puck in the slot or top of the circle and instead of shooting it was passed to a corner. Not a good plan if you ask me.
Good game 1 for our boys, but look for improvements in the offensive zone as we really didnt get a lot going...but obviously just enough!

Old
04-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
1 down 3 to go (:

A forward is not allowed to use the goalie stick to play with. He picked it up and held it just long enough that the ref thought that is what he was going to do....however he dropped it at Stolarz feet for him to pick up...judgement call, oh well.

Old
04-20-2013, 05:56 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbers29 View Post
From sitting behind the Knights bench the ref told Dale that Harrington used Stolarz's to push the puck to the corner, I believe he just pushed the stick with an open hand but was enough to cause the call, he motioned Scott actually pushing with the stick not passing it back
Perhaps this rule has changed since I officiated, but this is how I remember it....

If you are holding a broken stick or a second stick, you cannot make any attempt to be part of any play. You can't deliberately play the puck in any way, you can't deliberately make contact with an opposing player, and you can't deliberately be part of any play. Basically, until you get rid of the stick, you are an illegal player.

Old
04-20-2013, 07:04 AM
JL17

Pretty good start to the series.

Anderson and Elie played a great game... hard on the body and all out hustle. Elie's minutes started slow but by the third he was used alot.

London did have quiet a few cycles in the game the fourth line had a few good ones that they were actually able to change while they continued it.

London's D did a great job getting in the lanes.

The goaltending match up I thought Stolarz had a few more shakey moments then Nedeljkovic did. The kid is composed.

Old
04-20-2013, 09:05 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Note: unconfirmed rumour - M.Rupert could be out for longer than expected with a broken bone in his foot.
Good luck getting the team to admit that as they are still saying day-to-day and maybe week-to-week. With that said, Rupert is pretty tough and ive broken a bone in my foot before...depending on what is broke, it aint that bad
Old news. It's broken..no rumour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Perhaps this rule has changed since I officiated, but this is how I remember it....

If you are holding a broken stick or a second stick, you cannot make any attempt to be part of any play. You can't deliberately play the puck in any way, you can't deliberately make contact with an opposing player, and you can't deliberately be part of any play. Basically, until you get rid of the stick, you are an illegal player.
This is exactly the rule and why Harrington was penalized. Not because his stick was broken...but because he had hold of Stolarz' stick..and then shoveled the puck out of the crease with his other hand. Illegal stick.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:11 AM
aresknights

Enjoyable game at the Bud last night.

Anderson really set the tone in the first, with an assist to Zadarovs big hit on the boards, The knights didnt wan to get pushed around, and made sure they didnt. I expect Ply to try and get more physical. Hopefully the Knights can counter and use that speed. Gotta try and exploit the Ply D foot speed.

Both goalies made a few huge saves.

Ply had a 6-2 edge in PPs. Not sure Id be comfortable with that continuing lol. Lets play 5 on 5 boyz

How many games have the Knights given up more than 2 in this years POs (1? maybe 2) Team D seemingly always comes first with Dale and its working. Stolarz just keeps stopping the pucks that get past the human blockades in front of him.

Bo was solid in the dot last night. Real important to start with the puck against their top line. Limits their chances for sure

Closed Thread