Nice one. Gotta steal this.
Auto corrected drat

Phant03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
TZM
Par too easy

vCash: 500
Couldn't think anything sassy anyway... It was delicious material for sweet puns.

TZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Sportserie

He was huge last night. I am over any doubts about this trade, even the #1. He has proven his worth already. Suter and Parise came to this team and were willing to build from within even. I like that CF went out and got a pretty big fish in Pominville as a means to tell Suter and Parise how much he appreciated those two taking a chance on the team. No one was more happy than Parise when this took place. Suter is playing hurt right now, I hope we can get him a little more help on D in the off season.

I am going OT... my point being is I would do this trade all over again. He is the perfect fit for this team. Good players find a way to come up big when it counts... he did that last night beautifully. There's a reason why ESPN highlighted him and the Wild this morning too.

Sportserie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Darth Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post

Thought last night was his first good game with the Wild. If he can keep that up, Wild will be able to get their playoff spot.

I wonder though, he seems to get tossed around a lot, much like Parise. He's not short but seems a little small. Granted both of these guys are tough enough to play through it, but I can't help but wonder if having him and Parise on the same line could cause problems due to lack of size?
Not physical might be the right word. I can say that his two best seasons scoringwise he played 5-on-5 with, in 07-08 big bodied two-way LW Jochen Hecht, at that time pretty gifted playmaker Jeff Connolly and while he was injured Clarke MacArthur of all people. In 11-12 he played 5-on-5 with inconsistent goal scorer Thomas Vanek and offensively underperforming playmaker Derek Roy.'

He fits in pretty much everywhere but cant really pull a line by himself, although last season he definietely hit his peak and was better than ever by himself. Normally needs someone to either share defensive responsibilites, or goalscoring, the first one i feel is most important. It is interesting though that he had a big bodied LW with him both seasons, although he handily outscored the two both times. Hecht was by the way overall an almost constant companion with him. Pominville is somewhat of an enigma really, heh.

Last edited by Darth Yoda: 04-16-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:30 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Thanks for that report.

I can't shake that feeling that Wild really need a physically strong and skilled two-way second line center. Someone who can have both aspects of good Cullen and good Brodziak. Especially with the lack of size at wing. I just can't see Granlund being a center in the Western Conference.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Thanks for that report.

I can't shake that feeling that Wild really need a physically strong and skilled two-way second line center. Someone who can have both aspects of good Cullen and good Brodziak. Especially with the lack of size at wing. I just can't see Granlund being a center in the Western Conference.

Sure..but you insinuating that that player is Larsson is jumping the gun. And would Larsson be that player in the next 3 years? We can't be sure when/if that was ever going to be him..he might just end up a 3rd line center.

We fixed a big problem with Pominville..secondary scoring..heck last night we got 2 goals and great play from our THIRD line. when is the last time thats happened??

Don't ya think Brodziak had a better game last night than he has all year...and why do you think that is? Jason Pominville...

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Beegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post

I am going OT... my point being is I would do this trade all over again. He is the perfect fit for this team. Good players find a way to come up big when it counts... he did that last night beautifully. There's a reason why ESPN highlighted him and the Wild this morning too.
I think so too..had he hit the net and not those two posts in his first 2 games I think everyone would have came around sooner.

People just don't realize how good of a hockey player we got..the biggest deadline pickup ever by this team. They'd rather complain instead of be pumped we got a solid all around player who was a Captain and has scored 80 points in this league before.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 02:56 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

I will just point out for what its worth that Pominville now has a goal with 3 different lines and the PP.

Wasn't someone saying that getting Pominville did nothing to help lines below the 1st?

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:04 PM
PuckInTheNards

Quote:
Thanks for that report.

These are my exact thoughts. We need a #2 or 1b center.

PuckInTheNards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:11 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
a 1B center, eh. that's going to take something to pry away from someone. since wingers aren't important they can have Parise.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:47 PM
PuckInTheNards

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
a 1B center, eh. that's going to take something to pry away from someone. since wingers aren't important they can have Parise.
Who said wingers aren't important? I'm simply saying that in my opinion, Granlund is not the answer as our #2 center, which makes that a position of need.

PuckInTheNards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Gaps

Anyone remember when I wondered aloud how long it'd take for someone to seriously suggest Pominville should be captain? Well, that's already happened. Took less than two weeks.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Phant03

I wouldn't be so quick to discount Granlund as a center. We've already seen him progress in the physical aspect of play. Be a little patient.

Phant03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:01 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Thanks for that report.

You and me both on this.

Last edited by DeuceMN: 04-16-2013 at 05:08 PM.
DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:07 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
Not physical might be the right word. I can say that his two best seasons scoringwise he played 5-on-5 with, in 07-08 big bodied two-way LW Jochen Hecht, at that time pretty gifted playmaker Jeff Connolly and while he was injured Clarke MacArthur of all people. In 11-12 he played 5-on-5 with inconsistent goal scorer Thomas Vanek and offensively underperforming playmaker Derek Roy.'

He fits in pretty much everywhere but cant really pull a line by himself, although last season he definietely hit his peak and was better than ever by himself. Normally needs someone to either share defensive responsibilites, or goalscoring, the first one i feel is most important. It is interesting though that he had a big bodied LW with him both seasons, although he handily outscored the two both times. Hecht was by the way overall an almost constant companion with him. Pominville is somewhat of an enigma really, heh.
I very much appreciate you letting us know some of the details about Pominville. Many of us here are not overly familiar with him, and it is nice to learn about him.

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard6411 View Post
I will just point out for what its worth that Pominville now has a goal with 3 different lines and the PP.

Wasn't someone saying that getting Pominville did nothing to help lines below the 1st?
Then keep him on Brodziak's line the rest of the season so he can help save Brodziak's season! Wild desperately need that 3rd line to be effective if we expect to get into the playoffs let alone do anything.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Darth Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
I very much appreciate you letting us know some of the details about Pominville. Many of us here are not overly familiar with him, and it is nice to learn about him.
Thanks. I dont have the exact numbers, but a redicoulously high number of i believe mainly Hechts goals but also assists through the years was in combination with Pommer. It did'nt even stop when Hecht got worse offensively these last couple of years, but only ended when the german got injured in 2011-12, and Jason had to find new linemates in Vanek and Roy. The latter was drafted the same year as Jason and they both debuted in 2003-04, but they had yet to play regularly 5-on-5 together until last season. I'm tired, but i'll add that Pominville through the years certainly had successful stretches where Hecht was the center and Vanek on LW. But i believe he can do better. Now i leave it to you long time Minnesota fans to try to comprehend what all this means for the Wild. I'll be here though, and as soon as i get a proper internet connection so i can watch the games again it will be a real treat. You know, i went through some gigabyte roof just before the trade and i have only seen highlights since.

Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
Then keep him on Brodziak's line the rest of the season so he can help save Brodziak's season! Wild desperately need that 3rd line to be effective if we expect to get into the playoffs let alone do anything.
I agree. I am personally very excited about the lines as they are right now, I think we are seeing the best line-up the Wild have put out all season and that is due to the fact that GMCF got Pominville for Minnesota.

Blizzard6411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 06:12 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Absolutely. And how long have we been wishing for one? That's the type of player that just doesn't grow on trees. Hope we didn't trade one away.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 06:34 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckInTheNards View Post
Who said wingers aren't important? I'm simply saying that in my opinion, Granlund is not the answer as our #2 center, which makes that a position of need.
oh, my mistake. i thought this thread was about Pommenville. and we shouldn't have traded Larsson to get him.

Old
04-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
Absolutely. And how long have we been wishing for one? That's the type of player that just doesn't grow on trees. Hope we didn't trade one away.
Please Larsson is 5'10'' and like 200 pounds that isn't the big strong second line center we are talking about. The guy is average in every category especially size and strength

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 06:41 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy View Post
Please Larsson is 5'10'' and like 200 pounds that isn't the big strong second line center we are talking about. The guy is average in every category especially size and strength
You're off by two inches.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 06:42 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy View Post
200 isn't average for a 5' 10" guy...that's solid. he plays "bigger"

edit: i've stood next to him and he certainly didn't seem 6' tall.

Old
04-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala View Post
You're off by two inches.
Then so is the Wild

They always overestimate that ****, him and Granlund were basically the same height.

He might have some good beef to him but hardly what we would want for our 1B or 2 center.

Randy BoBandy is offline   Reply With Quote