HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Walk, Run & Roll for Roger

Old
07-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Walk, Run & Roll for Roger

The Walk, Run and roll for Roger is scheduled for September 10, a Sunday again. I always go alone and it's just not as fun, but I still enjoy it.

I want to field a team. It's not crazy, you don't have to be athletic, we can walk it, bike it, take turns pulling each other in a wagon, I can piggyback you the whole way, something!. I usually do the 5K, I've jogged it before beside MLAKER in the first year, got to hang out with Fisher, Volchenkov, Alfredsson, Redden, Neil, Emery the year after that.

I've raised over $2,000 for this cause in 3 years. It's just that it means so much to the community, to the children who are dying, sick, or recovering from cancer.

I was lucky enough to meet Roger a few weeks before he passed away. He was one of the nicest people you could ever meet, and even in his weakened state he couldn't resist smiling and signing my white home sens jersey ... he had someone walking with him to help him walk, it was so sad to see.

If anyone is interested at all, this could be a meet-up, please let me know as soon as possible ... lydia.hossa@hotmail.com any support at all is greatly appreciated, just showing up, joining the team, even if you send us $1, that's $1 towards helping a sick child in his memory. This means a lot to the players as well as the fans, please keep the tradition going.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Pangu

Hey if you do research work in a lab that is partially funded by a cancer research organisation, does that make you a cancer researcher? What if the research has little to do with cancer (alot of research funded by cancer organisations goes into general molecular biology)?

Pangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 09:11 PM
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by champben2002 View Post
Hey if you do research work in a lab that is partially funded by a cancer research organisation, does that make you a cancer researcher? What if the research has little to do with cancer (alot of research funded by cancer organisations goes into general molecular biology)?
..Do you even know what Roger's House is?

Old
07-15-2006, 10:10 PM
Pothier

I'm down.

Pothier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Pangu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCup View Post
..Do you even know what Roger's House is?
See my past replies on past topics like this and take a guess. Nd hey considering that you work for the people that are doing the least to actually save lives (from global warming) don't bug me about being heartless. Anyways, that isn't the awnser to my question.

Pangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2006, 08:57 AM
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by champben2002 View Post
See my past replies on past topics like this and take a guess. Nd hey considering that you work for the people that are doing the least to actually save lives (from global warming) don't bug me about being heartless. Anyways, that isn't the awnser to my question.
Ow. Dude, you don't have to be all nasty about this. I was trying to do a good thing here.

Thanks Battochio! When you register, go online whenever your fee is in and look for team "rev up the red"

Old
09-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Hell on Heels

I have a team together, and the event is the 10th at 9 am at brookstreet. If anyone is still interested and want to join my team, let me know. I need to know by Thursday, team captains have to drop off team pledges by sat.