HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim ||| Let me guess. Someone stole your sweet roll?

Old
04-16-2013, 12:21 PM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
What was the problem with it. I didn't get to see the video.
It looked really dull. Animations didn't look all that great and even the HUD really seemed... ehhh... I know it's an MMO, but I've seen way better character designs and animations in MMOs than ESO.

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Oxide

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
It looked really dull. Animations didn't look all that great and even the HUD really seemed... ehhh... I know it's an MMO, but I've seen way better character designs and animations in MMOs than ESO.
Well that's disappointing.

Last edited by Oxide: 05-21-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Oxide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedleInTheHay View Post
I've talked to Jorlief and i'm supposed to check out the blood on the grave stone and i'll be standing right beside the white arrow and pushing the button over and over and it does nothing.
Just follow the blood trail.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:04 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
This should not be surprising. Yet another WoW clone that is being made by a company's B or even C team that's just trying to cash in on a brand that isn't nearly as strong as its owners think it is?

They really should have really focused on slowly implementing multiplayer into the Elder Scrolls series, and then maybe done a full blown MMO based off that. This game may be doomed to fail, much like The Old Republic before it even comes out, but hopefully it finds a niche.
The bolded. The Elder Scrolls would be perfect with a 2 to maybe 4 player co-op mode. Any more than that and it would start to get cluttered with heroes tripping over each other. Why is it critical that I save this village from this dragon if there are a hundred other champions running around? The massive number of players running around really kills any sense of immersion for me in other mmos I've played. And if I'm not immersed in an rpg... there's really not point in playing it.

norrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Agreed ES with coop would be amazing. Even a fallout game

Leafs at Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:43 PM
NeedleInTheHay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Just follow the blood trail.
Thanks, I beat it.

NeedleInTheHay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:50 PM
NeedleInTheHay

Has anyone here defeated a legendary dragon? if so, what was your level and where did you encounter it?

NeedleInTheHay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
Well that's disappointing .
It's Bethesda

Everything they have done since Morrowind is disappointing

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Richie10

Epic bump.

Anyone really tinkered with modding? Just installed Project ENB last night, along with a lot of other stuff, and wondering what kind of visuals/performance people have gotten. Project ENB looks GORGEOUS on my setup. This game was made to be modded.

Richie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

So after two years I decided to bust this out and give my wood elf a run through the dlc.

I absolutely have no idea how to play this anymore and I forget how to craft anything. I am beyond confused right now. Haha.

Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
So after two years I decided to bust this out and give my wood elf a run through the dlc.

I absolutely have no idea how to play this anymore and I forget how to craft anything. I am beyond confused right now. Haha.
I did the same thing recently. Nothing like loading right at the start of a battle and having no clue what the hell the controls are anymore

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Exactly. I was loaded into a city and was immediately attacked and murdered by some weirdo cult people. I was like a chicken without it head.

Old
11-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Still one of my favorite games.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 09:58 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Best 360 game IMO.

I remember the awe when I first entered Nchuand-Zel. I hadn't been hooked by a game like that since the PS2 games.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Best 360 game IMO.

I remember the awe when I first entered Nchuand-Zel. I hadn't been hooked by a game like that since the PS2 games.
This game and Shadow of the Colossus are the best pure spectacles of gaming I've seen.

11-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Should I start a new game or continue on with my maxed out character? Can't decide.

Old
11-11-2013, 08:30 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Should I start a new game or continue on with my maxed out character? Can't decide.
Start again. Pick a new class and a different build. Maybe even role play this time around.

I've owned a PC copy since launch but haven't made it past the first village. River-something. Might start playing it again after I download some graphical mods. This is one ugly looking game without mods imo.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Benny Lava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
Start again. Pick a new class and a different build. Maybe even role play this time around.

I've owned a PC copy since launch but haven't made it past the first village. River-something. Might start playing it again after I download some graphical mods. This is one ugly looking game without mods imo.
Mods definitely help.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 09:03 AM
LOLKarlsson*

Quote:

Agree. Skyrim is a game that is very easy to put down for long periods of time, but everytime I do play it I always say to myself "This is amazing, why did I stop playing?"

New character. Do things differently. There is just no way you really sunk your teeth into every city. If you did the main quests before (Dark brotherhood, Main quest, Civil War, Thieves Guild, Mage Collegeetc), try doing city quests. Most cities have Thayn quests, and they can be quite expansive. And some cities that you may not have spent a lot of time in have all sorts of goodies. I didnt spend much time in Solitude in my playtrhough because I was helping the Nords, but in my 2nd I went in and there was just a ton of stuff to do.

Anyways, yeah, Id start anew. Building up is always the most fun anyways.

LOLKarlsson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Aye, I'm gonna start again for sure and play as this guy:

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/...e-dark-templar

My last character was a stealth archer type person.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Aye, I'm gonna start again for sure and play as this guy:

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/...e-dark-templar

My last character was a stealth archer type person.
Out of all the characters I've played, stealth archer was my favorite, but that looks fun, I think I'll try it next too, thanks.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Quote:

Really? What level of graphics do you play at? I thought it was beautiful even before the mods (of course the mods make it look amazing).

I played twice through the original story campaign as some sort of messed up mage/one-handed swordsman guy in heavy armour with some archery thrown in (because archery is awesome and mana regen isn't the greatest when wearing armour). Still haven't finished a ton of the side content though.

Spazmatic Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Yeah the game looks good all things considered. Open world games like this can't really have mind blowing graphics as most PC's would blow up trying to play them It is also just too big and too much detail would be required.

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Stealth archer was fun, but my character was rather frail and sucked in melee.

Old
11-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Yeah the game looks good all things considered. Open world games like this can't really have mind blowing graphics as most PC's would blow up trying to play them It is also just too big and too much detail would be required.
Well I guess that's true. I may be biased because I spent entirely too much money on my computer back when I got it.

Still, that's nothing compared to the console versions. I didn't realize how drastically different it was until I saw my friend playing it on PS3...

(By the way, this isn't a commentary on console vs. pc in case anyone took it like that. I have a PC, 360 and PS3 so I wasn't trying to be "elitist". Its just an observation. I've started crap on observations before so I'm being careful with this one)

Spazmatic Dan is online now   Reply With Quote