Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josh Harding Question

Old
08-31-2006, 08:57 PM
Nhlyounggun11

vCash: 500
Josh Harding Question

Hey, I'm usually a poster in the Flyers and Fantasy Boards, but I was wondering how much playing time you think Josh Harding will get this year.

Thanks.

Nhlyounggun11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2006, 10:00 PM
Wild Thing

Assuming he makes the big club (which is highly probable), I'd say 10 to 15 games. Hard to say, though. You never know with Jacques. He could play 20 if Jacques develops a theory that calls for it.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 01:12 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Personally I'm not seeing Harding up here yet. Backstrom isn't going into the AHL, I don't think...

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 01:44 PM
The Big E

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
Personally I'm not seeing Harding up here yet. Backstrom isn't going into the AHL, I don't think...
The Hatter is mad for Backstrom. I disagree. JL and Doug Risebrough are going to reward Harding with the backup job. He's played well in the NHL. Backstrom is cover for Manny and JH ... plus we need a legit goalie in Houston.

The Big E

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Joretus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E View Post
The Hatter is mad for Backstrom. I disagree. JL and Doug Risebrough are going to reward Harding with the backup job. He's played well in the NHL. Backstrom is cover for Manny and JH ... plus we need a legit goalie in Houston.

The Big E
How much have you seen of Backstrom? Since you know so well his level.

Joretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 02:34 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

We already got a goaltender down in Houston and by all means it might look like Quesdilla or whatever his name is, might backup whoever.

So far Westblom and Khudobin have challenged for a spot on the IceBats (or whatever ECHL team we have), along with Kopriva.

We have a ton of goaltenders and I think one more season in the AHL would do Harding well. I think they brought in Backstrom as a veteran to push Fernandez ala Roloson. Might be shopping him. If Backstrom fails, Harding could come up.

Harding did well but it'll be a tight battle between all four goaltenders. Hell, Khudobin, Kopriva, Quesidilla and Westblom could call end up in Houston, Austin, wherever and Harding could start for them.

I just don't think we brought Backstrom all the way from Sweden to put him in the AHL. He would have stayed in wherever he was (Sweden) if he didn't have a legit chance on getting the backup spot.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 03:03 AM
Joretus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
We already got a goaltender down in Houston and by all means it might look like Quesdilla or whatever his name is, might backup whoever.

So far Westblom and Khudobin have challenged for a spot on the IceBats (or whatever ECHL team we have), along with Kopriva.

We have a ton of goaltenders and I think one more season in the AHL would do Harding well. I think they brought in Backstrom as a veteran to push Fernandez ala Roloson. Might be shopping him. If Backstrom fails, Harding could come up.

Harding did well but it'll be a tight battle between all four goaltenders. Hell, Khudobin, Kopriva, Quesidilla and Westblom could call end up in Houston, Austin, wherever and Harding could start for them.

I just don't think we brought Backstrom all the way from Sweden to put him in the AHL. He would have stayed in wherever he was (Sweden) if he didn't have a legit chance on getting the backup spot.

Agreed, except Backstrom came from Finland and is finnish

Joretus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joretus View Post
Agreed, except Backstrom came from Finland and is finnish
Yeah, but on the way over he switched planes in Sweden. Doobie's 100% correct!

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote