HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#43| Apr. 16, 2013| Rangers at Flyers| 7:30 p.m. ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2013, 09:59 PM
  #526
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejinx13 View Post
Did you hear the people in the crowd in that clip?
"Get up *****!"
"Get up ya baby!"

Man that's a tough crowd in Philly.

Too funny...
You can find such people in any crowd at any game, don't generalize

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:01 PM
  #527
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejinx13 View Post
Did you hear the people in the crowd in that clip?
"Get up *****!"
"Get up ya baby!"

Man that's a tough crowd in Philly.

Too funny...
Schenn gets hit in the face with a puck one game : Gets up and skates right off while leaking blood everywhere

Schenn gets hit in the face with a puck the second time : Takes puck out of his visor and throws it

Del Zotto : Lay on the ice


Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:04 PM
  #528
daynus
Registered User
 
daynus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Good Ole Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 500
man if only we didnt get off a to a dreadful

start to this season, the pens would not be sleeping well. we are going ball- to the wall with this ahl d. man that lauridson, i likes that guy a lot. mcguire loves this guy. a huge dman, nasty nasty guy. 2 fights in a game, just a days work for that guy. and we got ourselves a goalie. mason was a smart smart trade by us. bob needed a change of scenery, and columbus is a great spot for him, mason is finding his old self with a change of scenery to philly. i think lavy may have saved his job.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:07 PM
  #529
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,789
vCash: 500
There are dumbies in every fan base. Some people cheered when Del Zotto went down. Many, many more cheered when he got up. I'm sure the situation would have been the exact same in MSG, or anywhere else for that matter.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:08 PM
  #530
thejinx13
Flyerfan in Toronto
 
thejinx13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brampton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29
vCash: 500
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
You can find such people in any crowd at any game, don't generalize
I live outside Toronto. I know the ACC crowds, and I never hear that... all you hear is a pin drop at the ACC. And the sounds of business men slurping up sushi.

You'd never hear that at the ACC. They don't have the passion that Flyers fans do!

Toronto Rock games are 10x more lively.

thejinx13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:08 PM
  #531
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,046
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post

There are dumbies in every fan base. Some people cheered when Del Zotto went down. Many, many more cheered when he got up. I'm sure the situation would have been the exact same in MSG.
He's a flyers fan..

Krishna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:08 PM
  #532
poneill27
Registered User
 
poneill27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Casterly Rock
Country: United States
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
Whipped cream on ****!!!

Mason looks great!!!

Laurdison is a BEAST!!!!!11!!

poneill27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:09 PM
  #533
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft
 
BleedOrange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Oshawa Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Mason had a super game love when homer made this deal for Mason everyone **** all over it now they see the kid play and realize he is better then Bryz and are cheering him on.Wouldn't surpise me if Bryz is not here next season.

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:11 PM
  #534
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynus View Post
start to this season, the pens would not be sleeping well. we are going ball- to the wall with this ahl d. man that lauridson, i likes that guy a lot. mcguire loves this guy. a huge dman, nasty nasty guy. 2 fights in a game, just a days work for that guy. and we got ourselves a goalie. mason was a smart smart trade by us. bob needed a change of scenery, and columbus is a great spot for him, mason is finding his old self with a change of scenery to philly. i think lavy may have saved his job.
Not buying it. Sometimes a trade was just a mistake. That trade was a mistake, and some of us were saying so at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post

There are dumbies in every fan base. Some people cheered when Del Zotto went down. Many, many more cheered when he got up. I'm sure the situation would have been the exact same in MSG, or anywhere else for that matter.
Pelle was before my time, but that Porsche comment...oof, that's a tough thing to say.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:11 PM
  #535
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,689
vCash: 50
Gus looks like he is up for good.
He just needed a shot to show what he can do. For those who think Gervais is better then him? yeah. not so much.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:12 PM
  #536
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
He's a flyers fan..
Then he should know better?


Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:15 PM
  #537
Giroux tha Damaja
Registered User
 
Giroux tha Damaja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,232
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
Mason had a super game love when homer made this deal for Mason everyone **** all over it now they see the kid play and realize he is better then Bryz and are cheering him on. Wouldn't surpise me if Bryz is not here next season.
If they do it, they should do it next off-season. Mason's already had his chance with one franchise. Granted he was a freakin baby when it happened, but still.

One guy I hope to see back is Fedotenko. Sometimes when your team is losing it's hard to appreciate the guys who aren't flashy and just do the little things. Fedotenko is just a solid, veteran hockey player and he's been playing like it all year. That was a really good signing by Holmgren.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:19 PM
  #538
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,325
vCash: 500
I do want to throw a shoutout to Gus. Yet another 23+ min game and looked good for 99% of it. Gustafsson has actually looked good playing more minutes. Actually he has looked good right when they take him off of a pairing with gervias.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:27 PM
  #539
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
take it to the Rangers board, I double dog dare you, I does
If my memory cells are working, and the psychotherapy didn't take, this was de rigeur for wins during TSTSNBN.

And for the moderators: would this pic be considered baiting / trolling on the general board GDT?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:34 PM
  #540
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,367
vCash: 1431
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
If my memory cells are working, and the psychotherapy didn't take, this was de rigeur for wins during TSTSNBN.

And for the moderators: would this pic be considered baiting / trolling on the general board GDT?
It can be a subjective decision on the main board but not suggested because most likely will lead to a removal. Posting it on an opposing team's board is certainly a violation of the site rules. Think Bruce Hood/Bob Myers vs. say Bryan Lewis/Andy Van Hellemond.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:36 PM
  #541
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejinx13 View Post
Did you hear the people in the crowd in that clip?
"Get up *****!"
"Get up ya baby!"

Man that's a tough crowd in Philly.

Too funny...
Get up you sissy is what I heard... haha

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:37 PM
  #542
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
It can be a subjective decision on the main board but not suggested because most likely will lead to a removal. Posting it on an opposing team's board is certainly a violation of the site rules. Think Bruce Hood/Bob Myers vs. say Bryan Lewis/Andy Van Hellemond.
I posted that benny hill one on the Pens board, people went bananas... even after discussion on how absurd the play was.... anyway, best not, eventho it would be hilarious!


Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-16-2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: try to avoid mentioning prior infractions
dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:40 PM
  #543
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,043
vCash: 500
Others just don't have the well developed sense of humour that we all share here on the Flyers board, and the subtle self-deprecation of the Nelson image. Thank you for confirming my half-serious thoughts, MSE.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:41 PM
  #544
MP92
BOLIEVE!!
 
MP92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Not buying it. Sometimes a trade was just a mistake. That trade was a mistake, and some of us were saying so at the time.



Pelle was before my time, but that Porsche comment...oof, that's a tough thing to say.
I brought this up on the main board game day thread after a bunch of New York fans were getting all high and mighty about class and my comment was removed. Those hypocrites can't handle the truth I guess.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:44 PM
  #545
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
I posted that benny hill one on the Pens board, people went bananas... even after discussion on how absurd the play was.... anyway, best not, eventho it would be hilarious!
I'm of the mind that if any of us posted next week's winning lottery numbers and a cure for Alzheimer's disease -- it's all about monoclonal antibodies as prophylaxis before cerebral amyloid beta levels have plateaued at the point of mild cognitive impairment, by the way -- the Penguins would be upset.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:46 PM
  #546
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,367
vCash: 1431
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
I posted that benny hill one on the Pens board, people went bananas... even after discussion on how absurd the play was.... anyway, best not, eventho it would be hilarious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Others just don't have the well developed sense of humour that we all share here on the Flyers board, and the subtle self-deprecation of the Nelson image. Thank you for confirming my half-serious thoughts, MSE.
Much like Joey Zasa in Godfather III, nothing good will happen.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:52 PM
  #547
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Much like Joey Zasa in Godfather III, nothing good will happen.
You t'ink I'm funny? You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f***ed up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:55 PM
  #548
Cardds
Registered User
 
Cardds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Not buying it. Sometimes a trade was just a mistake. That trade was a mistake, and some of us were saying so at the time.

Idk, I feel like Bob wouldn't have been as good this year on the Flyers as he has been for the Blue Jackets, could be the change of scenery and/or goalie coach. Same for Mason, except just change of scenery. I know it's no where near the same kind of trade, but it reminds me of the JVR for Luke Schenn trade, Bob for Mason basically.

Cardds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:00 PM
  #549
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejinx13 View Post
Did you hear the people in the crowd in that clip?
"Get up *****!"
"Get up ya baby!"

Man that's a tough crowd in Philly.

Too funny...
Do you know why you could hear them yelling that?

Because everybody else was too busy not cheering Del Zotto getting injured.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:20 PM
  #550
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 50
This team can play pretty well when it wants to. Shame they didn't all want to play more often. lol

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.