HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Flyers | 4/16/13 | Backups

View Poll Results: 3 Biggest Losers
Henrik Lundqvist 27 27.27%
Dan Girardi 6 6.06%
Michael Del Zotto 19 19.19%
Anton Stralman 5 5.05%
John Moore 9 9.09%
Steve Eminger 9 9.09%
Ryan McDonagh 11 11.11%
Darrell Powe 5 5.05%
Arron Asham 4 4.04%
Taylor Pyatt 19 19.19%
Brian Boyle 13 13.13%
Brad Richards 51 51.52%
Ryane Clowe 13 13.13%
Derick Brassard 11 11.11%
Carl Hagelin 11 11.11%
Mats Zuccarello 21 21.21%
Rick Nash 22 22.22%
Derek Stepan 12 12.12%
Ryan Callahan 32 32.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2013, 01:22 AM
  #226
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post
I don't get how people can say Nash is playing poorly.

Nash and Stepan are the only forwards I have zero complaints about.
I love Nash's game, the way he can power through defense, draw defenders, work anywhere on the ice, protect the puck.

He did NONE of that tonight. He was a turnover machine of Miller caliber, lost his man on the backcheck leading to a goal, and while sometimes when he makes a slick play with no sense of urgency, when it doesn't work, he just looks lazy.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:22 AM
  #227
ltsthinaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kingman, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
You know what's pretty pathetic...

If we had gotten a lucky goal on one of our 40 shots and won this game in a shoot out, you'd all be calling it a heart and soul comeback and a game we deserved to win.
I would have called it lucky, they have reverted back to the sloppy, lack of effort, grind it out, can't score, make every back-up goalie look like the second coming of Jacques Plante (I know you're only about 23, I saw Plante in his prime) hockey.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:23 AM
  #228
theJUMPER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I love Nash's game, the way he can power through defense, draw defenders, work anywhere on the ice, protect the puck.

He did NONE of that tonight. He was a turnover machine of Miller caliber, lost his man on the backcheck leading to a goal, and while sometimes when he makes a slick play with no sense of urgency, when it doesn't work, he just looks lazy.
I agree with what you say about tonight's game. Even Henrik didn't play to his ability.

But I expect that every now and again.

It would be nice if this team would carry guys like Henrik and Nash on their backs when they have a poor game for once.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:26 AM
  #229
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
So true. I had people jumping down my throat when I was saying the Rangers didn't play well when we beat the Leafs in the shootout last week.
While it wouldn't be true that this was an amazing comeback game, it's not NEARLY as bad as some are making it out to be. We're embarrassed by getting beat by a backup, but lets be real ****ing clear, Mason was a MONSTER tonight. We got chance after chance, with him either barely getting a piece (Cally, Zucc) or the puck JUST and I mean JUST BARELY going wide (Cally to Step deflection).

This was a game we could have won. THAT'S what upsets me. We were IN the game, we threw everything we had at Mason, and we just seemed to run out of gas and time. Top of that, We had a TON of trouble getting to rebounds tonight.

This was not a pathetic abomination of a game. It was a game we should have won, needed to win, and couldn't manage.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:30 AM
  #230
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 15,519
vCash: 500
Just get into the playoffs. Start fresh. Anything can happen.

The complaints about Torts remind me of the beatings Coughlin took both SB years. Nothing is more frustrating than the Giants annual 2nd Half collapse. Still, the Giants made some magic happen in two of those seasons.

Henrik can steal an entire postseason. That's why I'm not writing this season off.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:33 AM
  #231
ltsthinaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kingman, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Just get into the playoffs. Start fresh. Anything can happen.

The complaints about Torts remind me of the beatings Coughlin took both SB years. Nothing is more frustrating than the Giants annual 2nd Half collapse. Still, the Giants made some magic happen in two of those seasons.

Henrik can steal an entire postseason. That's why I'm not writing this season off.
The rest of the schedule is easy, they'll probably make the playoffs to torture me some more, but, no matter how good the King is, they ain't winning the Cup.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:34 AM
  #232
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post
I agree with what you say about tonight's game. Even Henrik didn't play to his ability.

But I expect that every now and again.

It would be nice if this team would carry guys like Henrik and Nash on their backs when they have a poor game for once.
It would be really nice. But this is crunch time. We're fighting for a playoff spot, and the Isles and Jets aren't slowing down an inch. We're getting zero help from the standings, and we need our best players to be our best players.

Stepan, Cally, Brass, Moore, Zucc, all posted points tonight. What did we get from Nash, Richards, Clowe, or Hags in the most important game we've played this season?

Hanks bad day is 3 goals. That's a BAD day. With him in net, if you can score 3, you're guaranteed a point, if not a win. We have alot of trouble breaking that 2 goal barrier.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:36 AM
  #233
zuckera1
#35
 
zuckera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 429
vCash: 500
I was at the game, and from what I saw I don't think we looked all that bad tonight. Sure, we had a few meltdowns in our defensive zone and hank should've had the 2nd and 3rd goals, but overall we had many offensive chances and just couldn't bury more than two. Flyers had the puckluck tonight: that goal by Schenn was a joke, we hit the post, and had a few other bad bounces around their net. Them getting some luck and Mason's play were the reasons we lost.

I know our PP sucked, but that's nothing new. We had over 40 shots on goal, on a normal night with Hank on his game and not against a hot goalie, we win this game 3-1. Can't be that upset about how we played

zuckera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:36 AM
  #234
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
The rest of the schedule is easy, they'll probably make the playoffs to torture me some more, but, no matter how good the King is, they ain't winning the Cup.
Famous last words.

I think we make it, but the reality is this team should be taking at least 5 of the next 6.

Then again, if this team did what they were supposed to, we'd be battling Pitt for the division, not the Isles for a playoff spot.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:40 AM
  #235
ltsthinaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kingman, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Famous last words.

I think we make it, but the reality is this team should be taking at least 5 of the next 6.

Then again, if this team did what they were supposed to, we'd be battling Pitt for the division, not the Isles for a playoff spot.
We play the Devils twice, both at home, they'll want to win even though they have no real chance of making the playoffs.

I simply don't believe this team has the offensive talent others do, and they are very poorly coached on offense as well.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:44 AM
  #236
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 13,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
You know what's pretty pathetic...

If we had gotten a lucky goal on one of our 40 shots and won this game in a shoot out, you'd all be calling it a heart and soul comeback and a game we deserved to win.
I know I would not be calling it more than squeaking a win out. The team simply gives up too many minutes out of the 60 allotted to them in regulation, and they do it habitually.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:45 AM
  #237
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
We play the Devils twice, both at home, they'll want to win even though they have no real chance of making the playoffs.

I simply don't believe this team has the offensive talent others do, and they are very poorly coached on offense as well.
I think we're the slumpingest team in the league right now.

McD and G aren't as dominant as they were last year
Cally is on pace for 2/3rds of his normal points
Hags has cooled off so entirely he's frozen solid.
Brad. Richards.
Clowe looks slowe.

The only bright spots are DEREK ****ING STEPAN, who has been so good i had to all caps his name, and on most nights, Nash. The problem is with all these players playing well below their norm, if Nash or Step or Hank has an off night, we're pretty much done. Sometimes someone slips Cally a Godahan serum or something, but it's been a bit since that happened.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:47 AM
  #238
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I know I would not be calling it more than squeaking a win out. The team simply gives up too many minutes out of the 60 allotted to them in regulation, and they do it habitually.
This is the best way I've ever seen it put.

If they intermittenly played as hard as they did in those 7 minutes of the second and majority of the 3rd, it'd be amazing.

I don't mind a grinding game. I like being tough to play against. But right now, we're grinding to a halt.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:49 AM
  #239
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Koster, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 5,827
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Keeping Sullivan on board due to his success on D but ignoring the PP is like commemorating a pilot that he was a great takeoff man but stunk at landings at the funeral right after the plane crash...


Last edited by BBKers: 04-17-2013 at 01:58 AM.
BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:50 AM
  #240
PromNite
Armed Android
 
PromNite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 7,607
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
This board is so unbearable after a loss. It's like every poster's dog died.

__________________


Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:00 AM
  #241
ltsthinaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kingman, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I think we're the slumpingest team in the league right now.

McD and G aren't as dominant as they were last year
Cally is on pace for 2/3rds of his normal points
Hags has cooled off so entirely he's frozen solid.
Brad. Richards.
Clowe looks slowe.

The only bright spots are DEREK ****ING STEPAN, who has been so good i had to all caps his name, and on most nights, Nash. The problem is with all these players playing well below their norm, if Nash or Step or Hank has an off night, we're pretty much done. Sometimes someone slips Cally a Godahan serum or something, but it's been a bit since that happened.
McDonagh isn't as good as last year, but a small step down his sophomore season is expected as other teams get a read on his game. I'm not worried about him, he's a stud.

Hags is playing mostly with Brian Boyle, he's a creator and Boyle (for all the good things he sometimes does) couldn't score on an open net. I submit Hags' problem is the way Tortorella uses him.

Richards is very much on the downhill.

Clowe looks Slowe.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:02 AM
  #242
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,374
vCash: 500
This is hockey. I accept it. I am also ready to accept death.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:06 AM
  #243
Sticky Fingers
NYR
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I love Nash's game, the way he can power through defense, draw defenders, work anywhere on the ice, protect the puck.

He did NONE of that tonight. He was a turnover machine of Miller caliber, lost his man on the backcheck leading to a goal, and while sometimes when he makes a slick play with no sense of urgency, when it doesn't work, he just looks lazy.
Nash played like ****. So did a lot of other guys, but he was the winner.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:11 AM
  #244
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius
 
Glen Sathers Cigar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
This board is so unbearable after a loss. It's like every poster's dog died.


I'm normally very level headed about losses, but it being this late in the season, with us in a dog-fight for 8th and seeing the Isles winning and Winnipeg winning as well, it just makes me sad.

Just want us the make the playoffs. Anything can happen once they start.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:23 AM
  #245
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,838
vCash: 500
So Torts blame Hank for the loss? Nice work coach.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:33 AM
  #246
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik
 
Doctor King Schultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,385
vCash: 500
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Zuke
Clowe - Richards - Callahan
Pyatt - Powe - Asham

These are the lines I hope to see if Boyle is injured and out of the line up.

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:33 AM
  #247
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
So Torts blame Hank for the loss? Nice work coach.
Can i have a source please? Didn't catch the post-game comments.

5 4 Fighting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:51 AM
  #248
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
So Torts blame Hank for the loss? Nice work coach.
The same coach who thinks it's a great idea to run a PP with guys like Girardi, Del Zaster and Boyle.

I will gladly miss the playoffs if it means a coaching change (but of course it won't). We're not going anywhere in the playoffs anyway.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:56 AM
  #249
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Zuke
Clowe - Richards - Callahan
Pyatt - Powe - Asham

These are the lines I hope to see if Boyle is injured and out of the line up.
So sad that Richards disappeared. We have no true 3c or 1c. Well, maybe Brassard is a 3c, but Boyle wasn't cutting it, Richards is horrible lately, he still has his heavy shot, but everything else fails him. No legs, no vision, no hustle. Stepan is a very good 2nd line center, I don't think he's ready for 1c duty in an 82 game schedule. Hope I'm wrong.

5 4 Fighting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:59 AM
  #250
JD123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Zuke
Clowe - Richards - Callahan
Pyatt - Powe - Asham

These are the lines I hope to see if Boyle is injured and out of the line up.
OH please let these be the lines! Brassard's play making ability to Kreider would be fun to see and reuniting our best line of the year (Hags-Step-Nash), but who are we fooling?!?! It's all a pipe dream. Never gonna happen.

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.