HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anton Khudobin

Old
04-17-2013, 06:55 AM
hlaverty06

vCash: 500
Anton Khudobin

What will he command as a Free Agent? I'm a Devils fan and I know we're adamant our future is in the organization but I mentioned it a year ago that I wanted Khudobin really badly.

I know he's said he may want to go to Russia after the contract is over but what kind of $ will he command

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:59 AM
Acallabeth
Seriously coach?

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
I'll be surprised if he goes to Russia. He didn't play in the minors for 5 years to give up on his real NHL chance.

I say he gets smth about 2M. A backup money, but a short contract to prove himself as a possible starter.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:00 AM
hlaverty06

I really would love the Devils to take a shot, if only Hedberg wasn't signed through next year

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:01 AM
Man Bear Pig

Backup goalies with a limited number of NHL games cant command all that much. Back to Russia IMO

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:04 AM
kp61c

back to ska for a big paycheck

kp61c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

He's an UFAgent? If so I think he'll sign back in the NHL only if he has a legit shot at a #1 job. Calgary might make sense if Kipper retires.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Gary83*

Possibly one of the best backup goalies not currently starting in the NHL? Get on the phone Feaster!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:17 AM
nmbr_24

The salary cap dropping is going to have an effect on what he gets if he stays, but I am guessing he could make more money somewhere other than Boston if he decides to go the UFA route.

Boston has Rask, Svedberg in the AHL who I think was just named top goaltender in the league for this year and I believe he was MVP or top goaltender in the Swedish Elite league playoffs last year, and Subban who has had 3 shutouts so far in 10 playoff games in the OHL. He may not be worth quite as much to Boston as he would be to other teams but the Bruins also have a history with this management group of paying up and keeping the guys they want to keep. So we will see.

He has also shown some loyalty to the Bruins so if they decide they want to keep him I see him staying in Boston as long as the money is somewhat close.

In other words, I have no idea

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
I really would love the Devils to take a shot, if only Hedberg wasn't signed through next year
I'm poking my Hedberg voodoo doll so the Devils can try to acquire one of Neuvirth, Bernier, or Khudobin.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:17 AM
don

I would love for THE BRUINS to resign him but don't believe it is in the cards because of the reduced cap. If a team wants to talk to him before he becomes a FA, I'd want a 2nd in 2013.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
I would love for THE BRUINS to resign him but don't believe it is in the cards because of the reduced cap. If a team wants to talk to him before he becomes a FA, I'd want a 2nd in 2013.
I don't think there's a snowball's chance a team gives up a 2nd rounder just to talk to him before July 1. A 6th or 7th if a team really likes him and has an extra pick or two to spare? Maybe. A 2nd rounder? No chance.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:21 AM
Acallabeth
Seriously coach?

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I don't think there's a snowball's chance a team gives up a 2nd rounder just to talk to him before July 1. A 6th or 7th if a team really likes him and has an extra pick or two to spare? Maybe. A 2nd rounder? No chance.
Conditional on re-sign?

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

I wouldn't say no to having him had Vokoun not gotten better over the course of the season. He'd probably command around $1.5-$2.5m. He's a good back up.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:18 AM
Fleury14
Kipper

I think his statement about going back to Russia was from before he was even an NHL regular. Now that he's somewhat "established", I don't see him heading home after putting in the time and spending 5 seasons in the AHL and ECHL.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
I wouldn't say no to having him had Vokoun not gotten better over the course of the season. He'd probably command around $1.5-$2.5m. He's a good back up.
He'll get a heck of a lot better offers than being behind Fleury at 1.5 mil. I'm certain a team (maybe Calgary?) will be giving him a chance to be starter, or contend to be a starter at least.

I'm hoping the Jets sign him to a 2y, 4.5-5mil deal with the promise that's it's open season between him and Ondrej Pavelec for playing time. And considering how below average Pavelec has been he would have a great chance to be a starter next year getting 50-55 starts.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Frankie Spankie

I highly doubt he's going back to Russia like is being predicted early in the thread. Aside from playing in the KHL during this lockout, he has been in NA for the past 5 years playing for minor league teams. If he wanted to play overseas, he'd have done so years ago. And if there was any doubt about him wanting to play in NA, he would have stayed overseas when the NHL came out of the lockout.

I'd like for the Bruins to resign him for next season but would be happy for him if he signs elsewhere and becomes a starter. He's a good goalie that has been very patient and worked really hard for a chance in the NHL. I hope he finds success at some point in the NHL.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:37 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
I'd love for the Oilers to trade for his rights

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:45 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
He's an UFAgent? If so I think he'll sign back in the NHL only if he has a legit shot at a #1 job. Calgary might make sense if Kipper retires.
Id say thats unlikely, but wouldn't be shocked.

It looks like the Flames are going to run with Ramo/Berra and MacDonald as the fall back next year.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:54 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
3 YRS/7.2M (2.4M per)

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:04 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
3 YRS/7.2M (2.4M per)
I could see it. I think Carolina, New Jersey, Edmonton would all be well served to look at him. He has at least 1B potential, imo, although I may be overvaluing him b/c he always finds a way to beat the Sens.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
I could see it. I think Carolina, New Jersey, Edmonton would all be well served to look at him. He has at least 1B potential, imo, although I may be overvaluing him b/c he always finds a way to beat the Sens.
I'd love to see him on the Devils.

However, the only way it happens is if Brodeur or Hedberg retire at the end of the year.

If Hedberg retires, Lou would be stupid to not try to sign Khudobin to a two or three year deal. He's practically NHL ready as a tandem goalie. A Brodeur/Khudobin tandem next year would be a lot more assuring than Brodeur/Kinkaid or Wedgewood.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:41 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I'd love to see him on the Devils.

However, the only way it happens is if Brodeur or Hedberg retire at the end of the year.

If Hedberg retires, Lou would be stupid to not try to sign Khudobin to a two or three year deal. He's practically NHL ready as a tandem goalie. A Brodeur/Khudobin tandem next year would be a lot more assuring than Brodeur/Kinkaid or Wedgewood.
Hedberg has a NTC, does he?

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 04:51 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
The salary cap dropping is going to have an effect on what he gets if he stays, but I am guessing he could make more money somewhere other than Boston if he decides to go the UFA route.

Boston has Rask, Svedberg in the AHL who I think was just named top goaltender in the league for this year and I believe he was MVP or top goaltender in the Swedish Elite league playoffs last year, and Subban who has had 3 shutouts so far in 10 playoff games in the OHL. He may not be worth quite as much to Boston as he would be to other teams but the Bruins also have a history with this management group of paying up and keeping the guys they want to keep. So we will see.

He has also shown some loyalty to the Bruins so if they decide they want to keep him I see him staying in Boston as long as the money is somewhat close.

In other words, I have no idea
If you sign Anton then what do you do with Svedberg?

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 04:55 PM
lampshade*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
I'd love for the Oilers to trade for his rights
Me too, what are you thinking? Belanger maybe smithson? We can't disrupt the "core".

lampshade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Hedberg has a NTC, does he?
Yes.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote