HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Team Canada - 2013 IIHF U18 Tournament

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2013, 03:21 PM
  #126
Uncle Rotter
Registered User
 
Uncle Rotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kelowna, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
What does a player's draft ranking have to do with proficency in international competition-especially at the junior level? This isn't Pokemon or who has the shiniest toys.
The poster was talking about depth

Uncle Rotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:22 PM
  #127
HabLover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sandspit
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
Canada adds Nastasiuk and Bigras today, couple solid additions....

HabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:20 AM
  #128
Huffman
Registered User
 
Huffman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,442
vCash: 500
Canada just beat the Czechs 5-4 after SO in an exhibition game.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 09:36 AM
  #129
3 Minute Minor
Registered User
 
3 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Denmark
Posts: 4,409
vCash: 500
is there an updated roster somewhere, who's in who's out

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:47 AM
  #130
clarkebr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
is there an updated roster somewhere, who's in who's out
seems a little hush hush
i believe they have added Baptiste, Nastasiuk,Bigras but did they add Bowey or any one else.
are they not taking Duclair? is Nurse definetly out for the tourney?
they must be going to keep a few 96 players.

clarkebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:51 AM
  #131
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,310
vCash: 1000
Haven't heard anything about Bowey. Thought he would be a lock to get added.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:20 AM
  #132
clarkebr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Haven't heard anything about Bowey. Thought he would be a lock to get added.
report that 96 and 97 kids carried the offensive load. interesting.
TSN report says to expext an influx of players to replace the 96 kids. HMM

clarkebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:33 AM
  #133
hockey jockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkebr View Post
report that 96 and 97 kids carried the offensive load. interesting.
TSN report says to expext an influx of players to replace the 96 kids. HMM
Is McDavid going to stick

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:40 AM
  #134
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,310
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
Is McDavid going to stick
Uh....yes.

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 12:43 PM
  #135
NBHockey
finish your checks
 
NBHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
is there an updated roster somewhere, who's in who's out
All I have been able to find so far is this: http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/feature/?id=62594

It has no mention of the other players being discussed here..

Update... this is the IIHF tournament site: http://u18worlds2013.iihf.com/en/teams/

No rosters set yet.

NEW UPDATE - found the full list of kids that are over there right now... 32 of them.

http://stats.worldwomen2013.com/Hydr...AN_32E_1_0.pdf


Last edited by NBHockey: 04-16-2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Update x 2
NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 01:57 PM
  #136
clarkebr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
All I have been able to find so far is this: http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/feature/?id=62594

It has no mention of the other players being discussed here..

Update... this is the IIHF tournament site: http://u18worlds2013.iihf.com/en/teams/

No rosters set yet.

NEW UPDATE - found the full list of kids that are over there right now... 32 of them.

http://stats.worldwomen2013.com/Hydr...AN_32E_1_0.pdf
very interesting list

a little confusing at this point.

This must be pick list. Now it is reported that carter verhaeghe is going over.
Don't know much about him.
No Duclair?? attitude?? injury??

clarkebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:00 PM
  #137
Mr Writer
Registered User
 
Mr Writer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkebr View Post
very interesting list

a little confusing at this point.

This must be pick list. Now it is reported that carter verhaeghe is going over.
Don't know much about him.
No Duclair?? attitude?? injury??
I'd say confusing. Aaron Ekblad is on the list and he's still in the OHL play-offs.

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:36 PM
  #138
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 5,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
I'd say confusing. Aaron Ekblad is on the list and he's still in the OHL play-offs.
I'm guessing this is a list of kids they wanted, and in order to play must be on the list.

Pilgore88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:36 PM
  #139
NHL Fanatic
Registered User
 
NHL Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Bowey, Baptiste, Nastasiuk, Bigras, Verhaeghe and Yan-Pavel Laplante all added to the U18 team. Solid additions.

NHL Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 03:41 PM
  #140
The Camera Eye
Registered User
 
The Camera Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sainte-Catherine
Country: Canada
Posts: 521
vCash: 500
Carter Verhaeghe: played top 6 all year in Niagara. Second line C behind Ryan Strome. Had up and down season but really turned it on in the final 10 games for Niagara and in their brief playoff run. Arguably the most visible and dangerous forward for Niagara in that stretch. A projected late round pick in this years NHL draft. Good stickhandler, creative, good hands. Is an okay skater and average hockey IQ for a player his age. Still lots of time to develop as has been making good strides in his OHL career. I like his work ethic and backchecking and Carter does well defensively. Does not have game breaking talent, but does show good glimses of offensive skill. Mostly a play-maker but does on occasion drive the net looking for loose pucks to throw towards the net. Will be the 1st line C for Niagara next year and may put up near PPG stats with increased ice-time.

Niagara Coach and GM Marty Williamson has stated he likes Carters work ethic in practice and games. Also says he is easily approachable and strives to get better.

The Camera Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 04:03 PM
  #141
timekeep
Registered User
 
timekeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,320
vCash: 500
Roster just released.

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/Tea...AN-Roster.aspx

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 06:13 PM
  #142
clarkebr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
This must be the final tournament list
Only three players under 6 foot.
Best of luck boys.
Looking forward to a good tourney .

clarkebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 06:20 PM
  #143
Mark Edwards
First Round Scouting
 
Mark Edwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Haven't heard anything about Bowey. Thought he would be a lock to get added.
Bowey was in Toronto and was just leaving today. Bigras is a good add, played well in the playoffs.

I'm leaving for Sochi tomorrow night and I'll do my best to tweet as much as I can from the tourney. I'll also try to update our website with some comments as well. The trip to Sochi is a long one, I'll miss day one as I (and a bunch of NHL scouts on my flight) don't arrive until 3am Friday.

Should be fun, I love this tourney. Scouts hotel is walking distance to the rinks (they are side by side) so it is easier than driving all over the Czech Republic like was needed last year (although I liked the autobahn) It's also nice that if one game turns into a dog I can easily switch rinks.

I know they blocked off about 150 rooms for scouts, should be around that number although I'm expecting a few less because it's a longer trip and a visa is needed so planning is involved.

TSN is showing some games and fasthockey has the USA games. Enjoy it everyone!

__________________
Director of Scouting: HockeyProspect.com I scout NHL Draft prospects full time.
Check out our latest NHL Draft Rankings
Follow me on Twitter at @MarkEdwardsHP

Mark Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 07:52 PM
  #144
hab 4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Edwards View Post
Bowey was in Toronto and was just leaving today. Bigras is a good add, played well in the playoffs.

I'm leaving for Sochi tomorrow night and I'll do my best to tweet as much as I can from the tourney. I'll also try to update our website with some comments as well. The trip to Sochi is a long one, I'll miss day one as I (and a bunch of NHL scouts on my flight) don't arrive until 3am Friday.

Should be fun, I love this tourney. Scouts hotel is walking distance to the rinks (they are side by side) so it is easier than driving all over the Czech Republic like was needed last year (although I liked the autobahn) It's also nice that if one game turns into a dog I can easily switch rinks.

I know they blocked off about 150 rooms for scouts, should be around that number although I'm expecting a few less because it's a longer trip and a visa is needed so planning is involved.

TSN is showing some games and fasthockey has the USA games. Enjoy it everyone!
Safe travels and looking forward to many tweets!!

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:53 PM
  #145
HabLover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sandspit
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Solid looking team, defence should be alright, with 4 guys from the gold summer U18 team. Having Nurse would have been a big help and would have made 5 guys from that team. Not sure if Doetzel was injured but not invited to this tourney.

Up front looks decent, with another 4 guys from the summer team. Somewhat surprised Kujawinksi and Duclair were not invited to this tourney.

Martin in net was at the summer camp.

HabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:29 AM
  #146
NBHockey
finish your checks
 
NBHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkebr View Post
This must be the final tournament list
Only three players under 6 foot.
Yes, three players under 6'... which to me says a lot regarding the current debate. It says in ALLLL of Canada, there were still 3 guys on a National team who were good enough to knock out over 6' players.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:30 AM
  #147
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
Yes, three players under 6'... which to me says a lot regarding the current debate. It says in ALLLL of Canada, there were still 3 guys on a National team who were good enough to knock out over 6' players.
I don't quite see where you're coming from here..

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:05 AM
  #148
clearwater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover View Post
Solid looking team, defence should be alright, with 4 guys from the gold summer U18 team. Having Nurse would have been a big help and would have made 5 guys from that team. Not sure if Doetzel was injured but not invited to this tourney.

Up front looks decent, with another 4 guys from the summer team. Somewhat surprised Kujawinksi and Duclair were not invited to this tourney.

Martin in net was at the summer camp.
Moutrey and Kujawinski are on the original team entry list. They are two big 6'2+ 200+lb skilled power forwards who are very good skaters and would have been a huge asset. They are prototypical NHL players who will get respect on draft day!

clearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:56 AM
  #149
Mark Edwards
First Round Scouting
 
Mark Edwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
Moutrey and Kujawinski are on the original team entry list. They are two big 6'2+ 200+lb skilled power forwards who are very good skaters and would have been a huge asset. They are prototypical NHL players who will get respect on draft day!
From the scouting point of view, scouts were talking about seeing guys like Moutrey & Kujawinski invited over a Hunter Garlent.

Mark Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:01 AM
  #150
Mark Edwards
First Round Scouting
 
Mark Edwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hab 4ever View Post
Safe travels and looking forward to many tweets!!
Thanks, I'll need wifi access to tweet from the rink as data charges are CRAZY high. Should be able to manage that though.

Got a message this morning from a scout who arrived in Sochi. Hotel is awesome and it's bar is open 24 hours. Be prepared for some crazy draft selections in June.

Mark Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.