HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is the Blues' MVP this season?

View Poll Results: Who is the Blues MVP this season?
Backes 2 2.11%
Oshie 2 2.11%
Steen 4 4.21%
Stewart 19 20.00%
Berglund 0 0%
Perron 0 0%
Sobotka 28 29.47%
Tarasenko 1 1.05%
Schwartz 2 2.11%
McDonald 0 0%
Nichol 0 0%
Reaves 0 0%
Porter 1 1.05%
Cracknell 0 0%
Pietrangelo 6 6.32%
Shattenkirk 4 4.21%
Jackman 6 6.32%
Polak 0 0%
Russell 0 0%
Cole 0 0%
Halak 0 0%
Elliott 1 1.05%
Allen 19 20.00%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-17-2013, 04:04 AM
Big Papa Dapa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
Add my 2 cents to yours:

Saying, and rightly so, that you don't understand how people bring in last years performance just to say later Sobi is, rightly again, the most consistant guy over the last couple of seasons doesn't make sense to me
You caught me there. I misspoke. I should have not have said that because it contridicts my entire point. So that remark aside I feel my argument is a pretty good point.

And who ever said you could make an argument for Perron, and then compare him to Stewart, I wanna know what games you have been watching. Perron has had so many offensive zone penalties, his point production is not up to par at all with his expectations and frankly I think he is a puck hog who tries to be fancy and loses the puck. Honestly I would have gladly traded him and on that note if it were possible I would send him to Peoria for a stint sort of like Elliot's so he can rethink his playing this season.

I still see no one making a case for Berglund at all which surprises me. He is 2nd in goals just behind Stewart and seeing as how we don't have a ton of goal production that is a pretty big deal. Defintely had some improvements in his game this year as well. I do digress that he really is not the MVP though.

The goalies being consider MVP is a bit rough to argue, I suppose. I still think there is enough substance to argue for Allen definitely not Halak or Elliot unless he can carry us through the playoffs.

Big Papa Dapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Falco Lombardi
AKA Dolph Ziggler

vCash: 380
Games like last night are why David Backes deserves consideration. Last night was not the first time he's played like that this season.

Falco Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:35 AM
inglouriousbackes

it is sad but sobotka is the only person on the team that is working his ass off day and day out.

inglouriousbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:42 AM
CarvinSigX
The Toilet

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by inglouriousbackes View Post
it is sad but sobotka is the only person on the team that is working his ass off day and day out.
Yeah, but strangely enough, I figured you'd post soon. Backes was rather inglorious last night.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:24 PM
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
Games like last night are why David Backes deserves consideration. Last night was not the first time he's played like that this season.
Please refresh my memory. I'm sure he's had big games this year, but I don't remember one from him quite like last night.

superblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:34 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
Yep.

But remember, it's only Pietrangelo that makes 10+ great plays a night...Not Backes...

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#turtlemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Take Stewart off our team, and we have 3 guys capable of replacing him. Take Petro off the team, and we're a bubble playoff team. Petro is by far our best player. By far. Not even debatable really. We are disappointed in Petro because he hasn't been as good as he was the second half of last season, but he was probably the best Dman in the league over that time. He had a rough beginning of the season, but he's played well the last couple of weeks, almost a full month. I think you could take Stewie off this team and still have a great team. He's a nice player to have when he's really controlling the game like he's capable, but the same could be said for a lot of players on this team(Berglund, Perron etc.)
You're wrong in my opinion. With Jay bo and Shatty both on the team, I don't think you can say that this team will suffer without him. This season he has not controlled the point like he did last year.

Stewart not only scores and gets helpers, but his overall intensity is something that cannot be matched by any other player on this team. His involvement in just about every scuffle tells the whole story.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Redgren Grumbholdt

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglouriousbackes View Post
Jackman?

Went Shattenkirk, hes probably been our most consistently solid guy all year. Stewart probably had the highest high, but his second half has been only average. Petro still deserves consideration. I dont think any of the goalies deserve it, each only playing about 1/3 of the games. Steen or Oshie arent bad choices, but both have missed considerable time, at least for a 48 game season.

Redgren Grumbholdt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 10:22 PM
sbet1998

vCash: 711
Sobotka is an interesting choice. So is Stewart. It isnt my place to tell people who has had the biggest impact, but I find these results to be shocking.

Pang loves Sobotka, but he isnt that great, gets worked and cant score. Stewart was hot but now is cold.

Ill stick with Steen. Been consistent all season...

sbet1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Ghost Face
Hull of Fame

I am pleasantly surprised to see Sobotka in the lead. He is the perfect example of a player who doesn't need to put points up to be necessary to a teams success. He does all the little things so well.

Ghost Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 09:41 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#turtlemode

I still don't think he's the MVP of this team.

I think of this voting as picking the blues' representative for the MVP voting as with 29 other players. Would players like Sobotka be in that race? No.

Bottom line, defensive effort and hard work is good, but scoring goals is more important. Stewart is the MVP hands down.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:36 AM
jura
booze & blues

vCash: 346
Sobo and the 4th liners all the way!

jura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:37 PM
uncommonsense52
(blue bleeder 24-7)

Jackman.

Honorable mentions to Allen and Sobotka. Those are the only 3 that showed up every night.

The rest of the team has been junk for parts of the season. And yet, we have a chance for home ice in Round 1... what is with the Western Conference?

uncommonsense52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 12:57 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I know that whoever it is, it's not Chris Stewart. You can't disappear for huge chunks of the season and be MVP. Which he has, undebatably.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 04:25 PM
BlueDream

Disagree. Chris Stewart may not have been scoring as much recently but he's shown up and been noticeable out there making plays. I can probably count on one hand games that he hasn't looked that good. Completely different from last season.

Most scorers are streaky. So in a way your argument pretty much rules out any scorer on any team (besides the elite players) from being an MVP. Stewart is streaky, but I have no issues with his game this season. Now Berglund on the other hand...

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2013, 04:30 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

But ... but I said it was undebatable! Heh.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 09:38 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
If Sobotka is your MVP, it's time to re-think the talent level of the team.
Why's that? Who says your Most Valuable Player has to be the most talented one?

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 11:15 AM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
Why's that? Who says your Most Valuable Player has to be the most talented one?

It means your stars are under-performing imo. I love Sobotka, one of my favorite Blues, but he should not be your MVP.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#turtlemode

I mean did players like Kris Draper, who was one of best sobotka-type players, ever get league MVP talk? NO.

These types of players are needed for every team don't get me wrong, but it's scoring goals that count.

And Stewie has not disappeared. Sure he has not scored much lately, but his energy and charisma help back his candidacy up.

Old
04-27-2013, 09:54 PM
jura
booze & blues

vCash: 346
Panger approved our MVP choice

jura is offline   Reply With Quote