HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Brad Richards Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2013, 07:45 AM
  #1
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,022
vCash: 500
Brad Richards Part II

Continue here

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 07:47 AM
  #2
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,423
vCash: 500
Compliance Buyout.

nevesis is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 07:51 AM
  #3
Wamsutta
I'm Glen Sather IRL
 
Wamsutta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 328
vCash: 500
Can't buy him out soon enough. He makes Drury look like Ovechkin.

Wamsutta is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 08:13 AM
  #4
zuckera1
#35
 
zuckera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Quote:
IMO at this point in time our top two centers are Stepan and Brassard.
As poorly as Richards has played this year, I still trust him out there more than Brassard. Especially in the post season (if we make it)

zuckera1 is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 08:42 AM
  #5
RGF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
why not just cut him have a ton of cap space and go out and bid aggressively for younger Center? Give you optionality with RFAs etc.

RGF is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 08:43 AM
  #6
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGF View Post
why not just cut him have a ton of cap space and go out and bid aggressively for younger Center? Give you optionality with RFAs etc.
Who? And Slats doesn't sign offer sheets. It's not his M.O.

__________________
Jabroni is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 08:44 AM
  #7
Parker
Registered User
 
Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 533
vCash: 500
Dude is just dragging this team down and I'm getting deja vu of Drury, paying a 3rd line center $7 million a year. Stepan and Brassard are better.


Parker is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 08:56 AM
  #8
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,738
vCash: 500
Richards has been awful. Just dreadful. And it sucks to watch because I've always been a fan of the guy.

He looks absolutely cooked physically. He was never a gifted skater, but now hes just perpetually skating in mud. The lockout has been over for 3 months. Whats the excuse now about not being in game shape?

But the biggest issue, by far, is his decision making in every aspect of the game. Its a second slow in every conceivable situation and, in this game, thats death.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:00 AM
  #9
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Richards has been awful. Just dreadful. And it sucks to watch because I've always been a fan of the guy.

He looks absolutely cooked physically. He was never a gifted skater, but now hes just perpetually skating in mud. The lockout has been over for 3 months. Whats the excuse now about not being in game shape?

But the biggest issue, by far, is his decision making in every aspect of the game. Its a second slow in every conceivable situation and, in this game, thats death.
Yep. It kills me that they signed a guy I was a fan of, and now he just looks washed-up.

__________________
Ail is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:04 AM
  #10
gmerger37
Registered User
 
gmerger37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 621
vCash: 500
Blessing in disguise he has had this type of regression now, when we have the option of buying him out, instead of 3 years from now.

We all knew he was going to hit the wall at some point, I think it's actually better it happened now.

gmerger37 is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:05 AM
  #11
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,290
vCash: 50
If we do buy him out, for the love of God Slats do NOT go after Ribiero. Ribiero is 33 and will be a top UFA. Bad things happen when the Rangers sign an old "top ufa". Go for Weiss. Younger, cheaper, not a head case, and better if you ask me. Yeah he's coming off injury but that's what will allow us to have him for cheap which is something we need to take advantage of.

KingWantsCup is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:07 AM
  #12
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
people laughed when i said within 2-3 years he would start showing signs of breaking down. and some people thought he could play in his 40s like Mark Recchi did

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:07 AM
  #13
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
If we do buy him out, for the love of God Slats do NOT go after Ribiero. Ribiero is 33 and will be a top UFA. Bad things happen when the Rangers sign an old "top ufa". Go for Weiss. Younger, cheaper, not a head case, and better if you ask me. Yeah he's coming off injury but that's what will allow us to have him for cheap which is something we need to take advantage of.
Both of those options stink. Why do you we have to after anyone immediately? Why does the team have to continue making these mistakes?

That said, I think Richards get another year with the team no matter what.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:09 AM
  #14
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,368
vCash: 500
Just seems to be getting progressively worse and worse with each game. I smell another "retooling" in the off-season!

Trxjw is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:10 AM
  #15
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,779
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Both of those options stink. Why do you we have to after anyone immediately? Why does the team have to continue making these mistakes?

That said, I think Richards get another year with the team no matter what.
That's what I love about the Richards killers. They want him gone so the Rangers can take that money and sign the newer, shinier toy.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:12 AM
  #16
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,508
vCash: 500
I think it's naive to think he'll be bought out this summer.

The lockout bought him the benefit of the doubt I'm sure

JohnC is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:15 AM
  #17
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Richards has been awful. Just dreadful. And it sucks to watch because I've always been a fan of the guy.

He looks absolutely cooked physically. He was never a gifted skater, but now hes just perpetually skating in mud. The lockout has been over for 3 months. Whats the excuse now about not being in game shape?

But the biggest issue, by far, is his decision making in every aspect of the game. Its a second slow in every conceivable situation and, in this game, thats death.
Well said BRB, basically exactly how I feel.

My only fear in buying out Richards after this season is that Sather will just direct that money to another aging free agent. So in summary I actually want to wait to buy out Richards till after next year to protect our GM from himself. Pretty sad statement.

TomLaidlaw is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:15 AM
  #18
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,859
vCash: 500
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r..._wrapping_up1/

Quote:
Also poignant in the Rangers’ room was a despondent Brad Richards just sitting alone at his locker stall, not leaving to get a shower or making any move other than holding his head in his hands. Finally, Ryan McDonagh went over to talk to the struggling veteran.
This guys really struggling, and he knows it. You know the guy wants to perform out there, he just cant. Thats what makes this even tougher as fan, because you know the guy wants to do good. But its a business and its based on results. He just doesnt have it.

Whether or not he is bought out remains to be seen.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:17 AM
  #19
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
I think it's naive to think he'll be bought out this summer.

The lockout bought him the benefit of the doubt I'm sure
The lockout shouldn't buy anyone the benefit of the doubt this far into the season. He's had plenty of time to get into game shape. If he can't keep up over a 48 game season, how could he possibly do so over 82 games?

Trxjw is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:18 AM
  #20
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's what I love about the Richards killers. They want him gone so the Rangers can take that money and sign the newer, shinier toy.
i like shiny things as much as the next guy, but imo unless there's a shiny toy already avail that we already have a high chance at getting, richards stays til the absolute last minute to be bought out

Kreider Typical is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:18 AM
  #21
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Just seems to be getting progressively worse and worse with each game. I smell another "retooling" in the off-season!
A "retooling" last offseason... a "retooling" at the trade deadline... another inevitable "retool" this summer.

I thought 2009-10 was bad with the constant turnover (adding Gabby, Prospal, Kotalik, Higgins, Brashear in the summer, and then subsequently trading Kotalik and Higgins for Prust and Jokinen and dumping Brashear during the season), but Sather seems to be shattering his own records for roster churn frequency this year.

And I ask myself the same question I have asked myself before under Sather's reign... where in the world is this team going? Is there any plan or direction here?

OverTheCap is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:20 AM
  #22
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
A "retooling" last offseason... a "retooling" at the trade deadline... another inevitable "retool" this summer.

I thought 2009-10 was bad with the constant turnover (adding Gabby, Prospal, Kotalik, Higgins, Brashear in the summer, and then subsequently trading Kotalik and Higgins for Prust and Jokinen and dumping Brashear during the season), but Sather seems to be shattering his own records for roster churn frequency this year.

And I ask myself the same question I have asked myself before under Sather's reign... where in the world is this team going? Is there any plan or direction here?
Just keep throwing stuff against the wall and hope something sticks.

TomLaidlaw is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:25 AM
  #23
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
A "retooling" last offseason... a "retooling" at the trade deadline... another inevitable "retool" this summer.

I thought 2009-10 was bad with the constant turnover (adding Gabby, Prospal, Kotalik, Higgins, Brashear in the summer, and then subsequently trading Kotalik and Higgins for Prust and Jokinen and dumping Brashear during the season), but Sather seems to be shattering his own records for roster churn frequency this year.

And I ask myself the same question I have asked myself before under Sather's reign... where in the world is this team going? Is there any plan or direction here?
Sather runs this team like a 14 year old kid runs his NHL13 team on Xbox.

The fact that it extends down to the fans is just as alarming. Some people have grown so accustomed to the off-season shuffle that they can't stop talking as if it's the only option. "Buyout Richards!"... Then what? "Sign Weiss!"

Trxjw is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:29 AM
  #24
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Sather runs this team like a 14 year old kid runs his NHL13 team on Xbox.

The fact that it extends down to the fans is just as alarming. Some people have grown so accustomed to the off-season shuffle that they can't stop talking as if it's the only option. "Buyout Richards!"... Then what? "Sign Weiss!"
"He just needs a change of scenery!!"

TomLaidlaw is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:34 AM
  #25
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,635
vCash: 500
Henrik is our only hope.

Think about it - he has the star power, the clout, the resume, the persona, the balls, and NY eats out of his hand/vice versa.

If anyone can walk into Dolan's office and says, 'listen Daddy'd little fella, I didn't come here to see 5000 shots blocked in front of me and no offense to speak of, especially the PP. Torts is not my kinda guy, maybe it's time YOU took command and made a decision for this team in honor of the guy who has saved your financial backside the last 8 years.'

Bluenote13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.