HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Laurisen vs Kaleta

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-15-2013, 01:20 AM
  #26
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf
 
RealisticLeaf55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,963
vCash: 500
Kaleta picks his fights well. Love to see Rinaldo beat the crap out of Kaleta and then take a few extra swings while that dirty SOB is down.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:35 AM
  #27
1972
"Craigs on it"
 
1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,142
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Kaleta picks his fights well. Love to see Rinaldo beat the crap out of Kaleta and then take a few extra swings while that dirty SOB is down.
He fought Lucic, and has Rinaldo ever beat a Sabre in a fight? got beat by Tropp and Foligno quite easily.

Rinaldo

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:01 PM
  #28
SPV
Zoinks!
 
SPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 5,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Jesus... Are you being serious right now? He got his ass beat..but he was the one who initiated the fight..

I love that fight, can't stand Kaleta. Props to him for initiating it though; I've seen several of his fights online and he can definitely fight though. And I"m sure I'd love him if he played for my team; but he doesn't so I can still hate him!!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 04:55 PM
  #29
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 11,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Kaleta picks his fights well. Love to see Rinaldo beat the crap out of Kaleta and then take a few extra swings while that dirty SOB is down.
Tropp tooled on Zachy-poo and is a worse fighter than Kaleta. When Patty throws in his weight class, the worst thing that happens are spirited draws.

struckbyaparkedcar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 06:57 PM
  #30
bungle
Casual Observer
 
bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Kaleta picks his fights well. Love to see Rinaldo beat the crap out of Kaleta and then take a few extra swings while that dirty SOB is down.
I don't know if I've ever seen Kaleta drop the gloves with a Flyer, as much as I've wanted him to. Funny how the first time I do it's against a rookie. Guy is the biggest piece of **** in the league bar none.

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:33 PM
  #31
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd
 
struckbyaparkedcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Country: Cote DIvoire
Posts: 11,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNeptune View Post
I don't know if I've ever seen Kaleta drop the gloves with a Flyer, as much as I've wanted him to. Funny how the first time I do it's against a rookie. Guy is the biggest piece of **** in the league bar none.
Apparently Aaron Asham stopped existing, or are we not letting facts get in the way of some angry feels?

struckbyaparkedcar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 07:47 PM
  #32
pigpen65
Registered User
 
pigpen65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNeptune View Post
I don't know if I've ever seen Kaleta drop the gloves with a Flyer, as much as I've wanted him to. Funny how the first time I do it's against a rookie. Guy is the biggest piece of **** in the league bar none.
The 6'6" rookie who fights. Terrible for Kaleta to take advantage of the situation. Although it does invite the question. If the 6'6" 220lb rookie who fights is that much of a mismatch against a guy who's half a foot shorter and doesn't fight, why is he in the NHL?

As for Kaleta vs Flyers, he's 3-0 with two of them being complete beat downs. In addition to embarrassing this rookie, he also KO'd Powe in a preseason game and had a great one with Asham. You're wanting him to fight a Flyer so much, you've already missed two.



Last edited by pigpen65: 04-15-2013 at 07:53 PM.
pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 08:32 PM
  #33
bungle
Casual Observer
 
bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,163
vCash: 500
Huh never saw that Asham fight. Fair enough. He didn't choose that though.

Powe is not a fighter.

A 6'6" 220lb rookie who fights is still a rookie.


Last edited by bungle: 04-15-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Didn't read the other post on the subject.
bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:11 PM
  #34
JimLaheyprobert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Tropp tooled on Zachy-poo and is a worse fighter than Kaleta. When Patty throws in his weight class, the worst thing that happens are spirited draws.
Lol i hate rinaldo but he would beat the hell out of kaleta.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:12 PM
  #35
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Kaleta is such a worthless piece of crap. The guy doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the league. He's terrified the second a real enforcer comes along, but doesn't have a problem dropping the gloves with a rookie. I don't know how Sabres' fans can be so blind to his pathetic style of play. Such a pile of garbage this guy is.

Some Sabres fans will defend him to the grave, but the guy is absolute scum.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:21 PM
  #36
DickSmehlik
Registered User
 
DickSmehlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Kaleta is such a worthless piece of crap. The guy doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the league. He's terrified the second a real enforcer comes along, but doesn't have a problem dropping the gloves with a rookie. I don't know how Sabres' fans can be so blind to his pathetic style of play. Such a pile of garbage this guy is.

Some Sabres fans will defend him to the grave, but the guy is absolute scum.
You still mad because he didn't fight Orr? Get over it, he's not an enforcer so he shouldn't have to fight every single one that wants to fight him, because that's all he'd be doing.

Also you do realize he fought Prust the previous game?

DickSmehlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:58 PM
  #37
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.
 
Gene Parmesan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 45,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Kaleta is such a worthless piece of crap. The guy doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the league. He's terrified the second a real enforcer comes along, but doesn't have a problem dropping the gloves with a rookie. I don't know how Sabres' fans can be so blind to his pathetic style of play. Such a pile of garbage this guy is.

Some Sabres fans will defend him to the grave, but the guy is absolute scum.
Gotten to. I guess fighting Lucic, Asham, Dorsett, Prust etc just isn't enough for people. When is the Leafs "pest" going to drop his gloves?

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:48 AM
  #38
pigpen65
Registered User
 
pigpen65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNeptune View Post
Huh never saw that Asham fight. Fair enough. He didn't choose that though.
Oh, my bad. I confused him skating half way across the ice to pick the fight as him choosing it. I guess when he knocked Asham on his ass for going at Rivet it was just an accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNeptune View Post
Powe is not a fighter.
No, but he was a Flyer at the time, and Kaleta did knock him silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNeptune View Post
A 6'6" 220lb rookie who fights is still a rookie.
Are you making a point? Is there something about being a rookie that makes a player off limits when it comes to fighting i'm not aware of? I've been a hockey fan for 20+ years now, i've never encountered this line of thinking. As a Sabres fan who got into hockey in the late 80's i've seen Rob Ray fight 25 times in his first full season against guys like Kocur and Nilan, Brad May fight 13 times against guys like Corson and Quintal, and Matt Barnaby fight 8 times against guys like Odelein, Peluso, and Roberge. Ray, May, and Barnaby were all 6 footers. You really looking for sympathy for a 6'6 24 year old for getting his ass beat by a guy half a foot shorter because he's a rookie? This might not be the best forum for you. Not to mention, even if you wanted to follow that bizarre line of excuse making, it completely skips over the fact that Lauridsen is the one who picked the fight in the first place.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:15 AM
  #39
cybresabre
desire = √suffering
 
cybreSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: wNY
Posts: 7,783
vCash: 1132
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Apparently Aaron Asham stopped existing, or are we not letting facts get in the way of some angry feels?
He probably remembers as much of the fight as Asham.

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:17 AM
  #40
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
Gotten to. I guess fighting Lucic, Asham, Dorsett, Prust etc just isn't enough for people. When is the Leafs "pest" going to drop his gloves?
Gotten to? Watching someone run around recklessly and attempting to injure other players on the ice without any regard for them and not liking it is 'gotten to'? It's disgusting that anyone stands up for this puke. He's a black eye to the Sabres organization and an embarassment to the NHL.

He doesn't choose to fight. Other players are going to fight him regardless and he doesn't have much of a choice. And who's the Leafs pest? I don't think we have anyone who runs around trying to hurt people and then refusing to fight afterwards. Orr and Mclaren both fight regardless of who it is, as did Brown when he was here.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 11:28 AM
  #41
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickSmehlik View Post
You still mad because he didn't fight Orr? Get over it, he's not an enforcer so he shouldn't have to fight every single one that wants to fight him, because that's all he'd be doing.

Also you do realize he fought Prust the previous game?
He's a 4th line plug who plays a rough game, talks a lot, but doesn't back it up. It's not like he's some star who doesn't need to fight. That's the style of game he plays. Instead he just hides behind Scott and plays a dirty game. That's why Mclaren took on Scott, so Kaleta would be forced to face Orr. Kaleta talked tough and couldn't back it up and instead kept mocking from the box. The only thing I'm mad about is that Orr didn't connect on that uppercut at the end of the tussle.

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 08:56 PM
  #42
bungle
Casual Observer
 
bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post

Are you making a point? Is there something about being a rookie that makes a player off limits when it comes to fighting i'm not aware of? I've been a hockey fan for 20+ years now, i've never encountered this line of thinking. As a Sabres fan who got into hockey in the late 80's i've seen Rob Ray fight 25 times in his first full season against guys like Kocur and Nilan, Brad May fight 13 times against guys like Corson and Quintal, and Matt Barnaby fight 8 times against guys like Odelein, Peluso, and Roberge. Ray, May, and Barnaby were all 6 footers. You really looking for sympathy for a 6'6 24 year old for getting his ass beat by a guy half a foot shorter because he's a rookie? This might not be the best forum for you. Not to mention, even if you wanted to follow that bizarre line of excuse making, it completely skips over the fact that Lauridsen is the one who picked the fight in the first place.
I guess the point is that in the space of 4 years Kaleta has had 3 fights with Flyers, one of which was against a guy who never fights, and another against a rookie. So your trumpeting of '3-0' seems a little hollow.


Last edited by bungle: 04-16-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Basic math and English
bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2013, 10:40 PM
  #43
Moskau
Registered User
 
Moskau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Western New York
Posts: 12,305
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNeptune View Post
I guess the point is that in the space of 4 years Kaleta has had 3 fights with Flyers, one of which was against a guy who never fights, and another against a rookie. So your trumpeting of '3-0' seems a little hollow.
So he went from never fighting a Flyer to not fighting enough Flyers? I guess you stick to your agenda and switch it up when facts are presented? You work for the Government perhaps?

After watching Corey Tropp (who isn't a fighter) use Rinaldo as a speed bag do you think he would fair any better against another south paw?

Why are people so quick to dismiss the fact Kaleta didn't start this fight? Laurisen wanted to fight and lost, get over it. You care more about him losing than he probably does.

If Kaleta "backed" it up every time he was called to do so he would be in the penalty box all game. He would be completely ineffective and out of a job. If the Sabres Power Play was 5% more effective than it is right now they would be in the playoffs based on how many penalties Kaleta draws. Why should he fight every time someone challenged him? It makes no sense. I don't think he cares about "being a man" for a bunch of neckbeards on the Internet.

Moskau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:44 AM
  #44
Milan the God*
king karlsson
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,958
vCash: 500
I'm a Sens fan. I hate Kaleta with a passion. I've seen him dive into the boards after a little tap and get his team a five minute power play. I watch my team play him (and now Ott) six times a year.

I have no problem admitting he's an effective pest. He'll lure you in to give his team a power play. Looking at him this year, he knows Colton Orr takes very stupid penalties, and knows Orr is a much better fighter than himself. He decides he doesn't want to fight, takes some punches (mostly in the helmet and shoulder pads), gets his team the powerplay, and moves on. The ref also botched the call. Should have been a seven minute PP for Buffalo, but whatever.

He's an underrated fighter and one of the best pests in the league. He knows his role.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:26 AM
  #45
bungle
Casual Observer
 
bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
If Kaleta "backed" it up every time he was called to do so he would be in the penalty box all game. He would be completely ineffective and out of a job. If the Sabres Power Play was 5% more effective than it is right now they would be in the playoffs based on how many penalties Kaleta draws. Why should he fight every time someone challenged him? It makes no sense. I don't think he cares about "being a man" for a bunch of neckbeards on the Internet.
Yeah, you're right. I guess it's just the whole 'pest' concept I can't stand. Avery types. It's frustrating to watch him start **** and then squrim out of it game after game, only to finally see him step up against a guy playing his 4th NHL game. He's skated away almost every time before.

Oh, and what the **** is a neckbeard?

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.