HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2013, 10:52 PM
  #276
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,279
vCash: 50
Oilers going to troll our 2nd round picks...

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 10:52 PM
  #277
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars
 
Lars Mon Amour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Huh? i can't believe you just made me google that.
Wow same...it was a good fight. No way it was one of the best in years. It was probably the first fight he ever saw.

Lars Mon Amour is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 10:56 PM
  #278
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
On another note:

Name................Games Played........Goals........Assists..........Points ............+/-

Yakupov....................42..................11. ............13................24 .............-9

Galchenyuk................42...................7.. ............15................22...............9
Both will be studs.

Et le But is offline  
Old
04-16-2013, 11:09 PM
  #279
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,279
vCash: 50
Yakupov passes Gallagher for 3rd in rookie race. Going to be a close finish for the Calder.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 12:13 AM
  #280
jedimyrmidon
Registered User
 
jedimyrmidon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Yakupov passes Gallagher for 3rd in rookie race. Going to be a close finish for the Calder.
I'm really hoping those voting look at how Gallagher plays, and see his character, determination and tenacity. He's what every player should be like in their attitude. And, of course, he produces - and produces at important times.

I just hope he has a long career.

jedimyrmidon is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 12:43 AM
  #281
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Wow same...it was a good fight. No way it was one of the best in years. It was probably the first fight he ever saw.
Yeah, probably.

Mrb1p is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 12:59 AM
  #282
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 500
So, how many of you have leaf fans as FB friends with the super overused (mostly by them) pic of Price letting in a beachball, with the comments summed up as "We want the Habs first rd?". This after their loss tonight as well.

"I'm not scared...I'm angry."

- Bruce Wayne

habtastic is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 01:05 AM
  #283
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ork
Posts: 5,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
My first reaction was: "oh, what a beautiful boy." I've turned full Don Cherry... but Christ this is a bummer
Tried reading the father's message to my gf over dinner, couldn't finish. So sad...

Bloumeister is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 07:08 AM
  #284
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
So, Laganiere signed with the Ducks.

Good for him . The kid is brilliant. He signed with the team that is farther from Montreal to avoid pressure and rabid fans.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 07:43 AM
  #285
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,334
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
So, how many of you have leaf fans as FB friends with the super overused (mostly by them) pic of Price letting in a beachball, with the comments summed up as "We want the Habs first rd?". This after their loss tonight as well.

"I'm not scared...I'm angry."

- Bruce Wayne
I do.. and I wasn't even sure half of these people liked hockey, let alone the Leafs.

One guy went on to tell me at work as to how the Leafs out-played the Habs on Saturday. I mentioned shooting percentage, shots for and against and he stared at my blankly then replied "5-1!"

WeThreeKings is online now  
Old
04-17-2013, 07:56 AM
  #286
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I do.. and I wasn't even sure half of these people liked hockey, let alone the Leafs.

One guy went on to tell me at work as to how the Leafs out-played the Habs on Saturday. I mentioned shooting percentage, shots for and against and he stared at my blankly then replied "5-1!"
Would the perfect scenario not be to get them and sweep 'em? I don't think there would be anything more fulfilling than that for a first round although same with Boston is a close 2nd for me (and technically it's not impossible that that matchup happens)

habtastic is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 08:51 AM
  #287
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,018
vCash: 500
The Leafs new found toughness and how they don't back down is shouldered by Orr, McLaren and Fraser.


You take the top 3 fighters from Montreal and the top 3 from Toronto and the difference in fights goes from 17 to 5.

More than likely McLaren, or Orr will be gone at the end of this season. McLaren and Fraser will both be RFAs, so that leaves Orr. I think the Leafs are starting to realize having 2 players like that may help with morale victors, but the true victors it doesn't.

On the flip side, the habs definitely need a heavy.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:35 AM
  #288
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The Leafs new found toughness and how they don't back down is shouldered by Orr, McLaren and Fraser.


You take the top 3 fighters from Montreal and the top 3 from Toronto and the difference in fights goes from 17 to 5.

More than likely McLaren, or Orr will be gone at the end of this season. McLaren and Fraser will both be RFAs, so that leaves Orr. I think the Leafs are starting to realize having 2 players like that may help with morale victors, but the true victors it doesn't.

On the flip side, the habs definitely need a heavy.
I would say there is only 3 teams left that play the goon style or feel it is important..BOS/TOR/PHI ... come playoff time they can't play Orr/McLaren and BOS has sat out Thornton in playoffs before...you just can't afford to carry guys that only play 4-5 minutes a game anymore.

Nitehowl is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:38 AM
  #289
waffledave
waffledave, from hf
 
waffledave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The Leafs new found toughness and how they don't back down is shouldered by Orr, McLaren and Fraser.


You take the top 3 fighters from Montreal and the top 3 from Toronto and the difference in fights goes from 17 to 5.

More than likely McLaren, or Orr will be gone at the end of this season. McLaren and Fraser will both be RFAs, so that leaves Orr. I think the Leafs are starting to realize having 2 players like that may help with morale victors, but the true victors it doesn't.

On the flip side, the habs definitely need a heavy.
McLaren is an impressive fighter. But Prust impressed the hell out of me when they dropped, he really held his own against a huge monster.

__________________
Yours in Christ,

waffledave
waffledave is online now  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:54 AM
  #290
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,124
vCash: 500
Prust can really throw 'em, he's just a tad small to go against heavyweights

windycity is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:58 AM
  #291
Nitehowl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BC Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
NYR board

Wow.. the NYR board has already given up on Clowe, complaining about the draft picks Sather gave up.

And B Richards is getting ripped big time... even Nash

Nitehowl is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 10:02 AM
  #292
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,123
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Wow.. the NYR board has already given up on Clowe, complaining about the draft picks Sather gave up.

And B Richards is getting ripped big time... even Nash
As a former Richards fantasy owner, I used to check up on how he was doing via the NYR board...holy **** do they hate him there.

If their vitriol towards him is at all warranted, I wouldn't be shocked if he got bought out in the off-season.

hototogisu is online now  
Old
04-17-2013, 10:04 AM
  #293
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
I would say there is only 3 teams left that play the goon style or feel it is important..BOS/TOR/PHI ... come playoff time they can't play Orr/McLaren and BOS has sat out Thornton in playoffs before...you just can't afford to carry guys that only play 4-5 minutes a game anymore.
I'd say Buffalo kind of does. In the first round those guys are huge to have

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
McLaren is an impressive fighter. But Prust impressed the hell out of me when they dropped, he really held his own against a huge monster.
Same here on both accounts. McLaren is young and better than Orr, so he'll be staying, but that was a major wow from Prust. Guy needs some help. He can't be fighting the entire league because the rest of our team is one giant *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
Prust can really throw 'em, he's just a tad small to go against heavyweights
If he was bigger and could play the game like he can, he would have gotten more than 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Wow.. the NYR board has already given up on Clowe, complaining about the draft picks Sather gave up.

And B Richards is getting ripped big time... even Nash
They gave up on Richards a long time ago.

Clowe isn't a guy to score goals, he's there to be physical, win fights and occasionally get a goal. He's a bottom 6 forward and the rangers got him to be a top 6 forward.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:04 AM
  #294
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Clowe isn't a guy to score goals, he's there to be physical, win fights and occasionally get a goal. He's a bottom 6 forward and the rangers got him to be a top 6 forward.
The thing is, Clowe is supposed to be much more than a goon. And unlike someone like Prust, Boll, Macleod, Clifford or until recently, Moen and Rupp, Clowe is not a very good defensive player. Like those guys he can battle along the boards or crash the net, but his reputation is based on being a pretty good offensive player. For him to get the kind of money he should get on reputation alone, you want at least Pouliot level production from him.

For him to score 2 goals this year, both in one game, he's not doing enough out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
As a former Richards fantasy owner, I used to check up on how he was doing via the NYR board...holy **** do they hate him there.

If their vitriol towards him is at all warranted, I wouldn't be shocked if he got bought out in the off-season.
He's slowly turning into Scott Gomez 2.0

Et le But is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:59 AM
  #295
CanadiensforLife
Registered User
 
CanadiensforLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 554
vCash: 500
Good job by the Caps to keep the leafs down yesterday. A 5-1 shalacking will bring them back down.

CanadiensforLife is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 12:30 PM
  #296
axman88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Hey, can someone answer this for me?

How can Sodenberg play for the bruins this season if he was just signed? Isn't there a deadline for signing players during the season? Someone from tsn twittered that Julien wants him to have a practice before he plays...

axman88 is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 12:34 PM
  #297
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
Hey, can someone answer this for me?

How can Sodenberg play for the bruins this season if he was just signed? Isn't there a deadline for signing players during the season? Someone from tsn twittered that Julien wants him to have a practice before he plays...
I believe because Soderberg isn't a UFA and is signed by the team that holds his rights.

Analyzer is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 01:10 PM
  #298
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
As a former Richards fantasy owner, I used to check up on how he was doing via the NYR board...holy **** do they hate him there.

If their vitriol towards him is at all warranted, I wouldn't be shocked if he got bought out in the off-season.
He's their


habtastic is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 01:14 PM
  #299
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
He's their

We'll give them back Prust and also throw in Beaulieu and Tinordi to sweeten the deal.

Madam Kadri is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 01:23 PM
  #300
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
We'll give them back Prust and also throw in Beaulieu and Tinordi to sweeten the deal.
As long as we get a Kovalev in return.

habtastic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.