HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Oilers going to troll our 2nd round picks...

Old
04-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
Huh? i can't believe you just made me google that.
Wow same...it was a good fight. No way it was one of the best in years. It was probably the first fight he ever saw.

Old
04-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
On another note:

Name................Games Played........Goals........Assists..........Points ............+/-

Yakupov....................42..................11. ............13................24 .............-9

Galchenyuk................42...................7.. ............15................22...............9
Both will be studs.

Old
04-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Yakupov passes Gallagher for 3rd in rookie race. Going to be a close finish for the Calder.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:13 AM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Yakupov passes Gallagher for 3rd in rookie race. Going to be a close finish for the Calder.
I'm really hoping those voting look at how Gallagher plays, and see his character, determination and tenacity. He's what every player should be like in their attitude. And, of course, he produces - and produces at important times.

I just hope he has a long career.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:43 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Wow same...it was a good fight. No way it was one of the best in years. It was probably the first fight he ever saw.
Yeah, probably.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:59 AM
habtastic

So, how many of you have leaf fans as FB friends with the super overused (mostly by them) pic of Price letting in a beachball, with the comments summed up as "We want the Habs first rd?". This after their loss tonight as well.

"I'm not scared...I'm angry."

- Bruce Wayne

Old
04-17-2013, 01:05 AM
Bloumeister
Nanu nanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
My first reaction was: "oh, what a beautiful boy." I've turned full Don Cherry... but Christ this is a bummer
Tried reading the father's message to my gf over dinner, couldn't finish. So sad...

Old
04-17-2013, 07:08 AM
Habtchum*

So, Laganiere signed with the Ducks.

Good for him . The kid is brilliant. He signed with the team that is farther from Montreal to avoid pressure and rabid fans.

Old
04-17-2013, 07:43 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
So, how many of you have leaf fans as FB friends with the super overused (mostly by them) pic of Price letting in a beachball, with the comments summed up as "We want the Habs first rd?". This after their loss tonight as well.

"I'm not scared...I'm angry."

- Bruce Wayne
I do.. and I wasn't even sure half of these people liked hockey, let alone the Leafs.

One guy went on to tell me at work as to how the Leafs out-played the Habs on Saturday. I mentioned shooting percentage, shots for and against and he stared at my blankly then replied "5-1!"

Old
04-17-2013, 07:56 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I do.. and I wasn't even sure half of these people liked hockey, let alone the Leafs.

One guy went on to tell me at work as to how the Leafs out-played the Habs on Saturday. I mentioned shooting percentage, shots for and against and he stared at my blankly then replied "5-1!"
Would the perfect scenario not be to get them and sweep 'em? I don't think there would be anything more fulfilling than that for a first round although same with Boston is a close 2nd for me (and technically it's not impossible that that matchup happens)

Old
04-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

The Leafs new found toughness and how they don't back down is shouldered by Orr, McLaren and Fraser.

You take the top 3 fighters from Montreal and the top 3 from Toronto and the difference in fights goes from 17 to 5.

More than likely McLaren, or Orr will be gone at the end of this season. McLaren and Fraser will both be RFAs, so that leaves Orr. I think the Leafs are starting to realize having 2 players like that may help with morale victors, but the true victors it doesn't.

On the flip side, the habs definitely need a heavy.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The Leafs new found toughness and how they don't back down is shouldered by Orr, McLaren and Fraser.

You take the top 3 fighters from Montreal and the top 3 from Toronto and the difference in fights goes from 17 to 5.

More than likely McLaren, or Orr will be gone at the end of this season. McLaren and Fraser will both be RFAs, so that leaves Orr. I think the Leafs are starting to realize having 2 players like that may help with morale victors, but the true victors it doesn't.

I would say there is only 3 teams left that play the goon style or feel it is important..BOS/TOR/PHI ... come playoff time they can't play Orr/McLaren and BOS has sat out Thornton in playoffs before...you just can't afford to carry guys that only play 4-5 minutes a game anymore.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:38 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:

McLaren is an impressive fighter. But Prust impressed the hell out of me when they dropped, he really held his own against a huge monster.

waffledave
Old
04-17-2013, 09:54 AM
windycity

Prust can really throw 'em, he's just a tad small to go against heavyweights

Old
04-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Nitehowl

NYR board

Wow.. the NYR board has already given up on Clowe, complaining about the draft picks Sather gave up.

And B Richards is getting ripped big time... even Nash

Old
04-17-2013, 10:02 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Wow.. the NYR board has already given up on Clowe, complaining about the draft picks Sather gave up.

As a former Richards fantasy owner, I used to check up on how he was doing via the NYR board...holy **** do they hate him there.

If their vitriol towards him is at all warranted, I wouldn't be shocked if he got bought out in the off-season.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I would say there is only 3 teams left that play the goon style or feel it is important..BOS/TOR/PHI ... come playoff time they can't play Orr/McLaren and BOS has sat out Thornton in playoffs before...you just can't afford to carry guys that only play 4-5 minutes a game anymore.
I'd say Buffalo kind of does. In the first round those guys are huge to have

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
McLaren is an impressive fighter. But Prust impressed the hell out of me when they dropped, he really held his own against a huge monster.
Same here on both accounts. McLaren is young and better than Orr, so he'll be staying, but that was a major wow from Prust. Guy needs some help. He can't be fighting the entire league because the rest of our team is one giant *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
Prust can really throw 'em, he's just a tad small to go against heavyweights
If he was bigger and could play the game like he can, he would have gotten more than 2.5

Quote:

They gave up on Richards a long time ago.

Clowe isn't a guy to score goals, he's there to be physical, win fights and occasionally get a goal. He's a bottom 6 forward and the rangers got him to be a top 6 forward.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Clowe isn't a guy to score goals, he's there to be physical, win fights and occasionally get a goal. He's a bottom 6 forward and the rangers got him to be a top 6 forward.
The thing is, Clowe is supposed to be much more than a goon. And unlike someone like Prust, Boll, Macleod, Clifford or until recently, Moen and Rupp, Clowe is not a very good defensive player. Like those guys he can battle along the boards or crash the net, but his reputation is based on being a pretty good offensive player. For him to get the kind of money he should get on reputation alone, you want at least Pouliot level production from him.

For him to score 2 goals this year, both in one game, he's not doing enough out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
As a former Richards fantasy owner, I used to check up on how he was doing via the NYR board...holy **** do they hate him there.

If their vitriol towards him is at all warranted, I wouldn't be shocked if he got bought out in the off-season.
He's slowly turning into Scott Gomez 2.0

Old
04-17-2013, 11:59 AM
CanadiensforLife

Good job by the Caps to keep the leafs down yesterday. A 5-1 shalacking will bring them back down.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:30 PM
axman88

Hey, can someone answer this for me?

How can Sodenberg play for the bruins this season if he was just signed? Isn't there a deadline for signing players during the season? Someone from tsn twittered that Julien wants him to have a practice before he plays...

Old
04-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
Hey, can someone answer this for me?

How can Sodenberg play for the bruins this season if he was just signed? Isn't there a deadline for signing players during the season? Someone from tsn twittered that Julien wants him to have a practice before he plays...
I believe because Soderberg isn't a UFA and is signed by the team that holds his rights.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:10 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

He's their

Old
04-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
He's their

We'll give them back Prust and also throw in Beaulieu and Tinordi to sweeten the deal.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:23 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prallchengher View Post
We'll give them back Prust and also throw in Beaulieu and Tinordi to sweeten the deal.
As long as we get a Kovalev in return.

Closed Thread