HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings XIV - UFA talk now

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2013, 11:46 PM
  #101
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 32,626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
Interesting how Dregger and Mirtle tweeted and reported this very same thing hours after you posted this. You may have some stalkers.
I think Nonis just uses Dreger as a public negotiation ploy.

Stephen is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 02:34 AM
  #102
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 5,898
vCash: 500
All nonis has to say is okay tyler no thanks for anything over 3.5, leafs promote grabo to 1st line (in before we already tried that) or throw w/e at couterier or something. Bozak is a plug in, he doesn't put up the offensive numbers. Leafs sign bozak for that price tag then people will be even angrier with his contract than grabos

pooleboy is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 08:02 AM
  #103
Daisy Joy
Little Ms SassyLeaf
 
Daisy Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,226
vCash: 500
Hero - thanks

Honestly, with Lupul signing for less, I think that's what Nonis is going to say to everyone in the core. we're going to give you the money you're due, as long as it makes cap-dollar sense. if you want the payday, see you.

Daisy Joy is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 08:27 AM
  #104
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Chuck, you have some lurkers.....lol
Maybe Chuck is Dreger

pspot is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 08:30 AM
  #105
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
All nonis has to say is okay tyler no thanks for anything over 3.5, leafs promote grabo to 1st line (in before we already tried that) or throw w/e at couterier or something. Bozak is a plug in, he doesn't put up the offensive numbers. Leafs sign bozak for that price tag then people will be even angrier with his contract than grabos
exactly, tell Tyler their best offer is 3.5 , they can offer term like 5 years if he's wants to stay.

He's welcome to go see what he'll get on the open market but if the Leafs make other moves the offer may come off the table

losing Bozak would not affect the overall performance of this team by much.
Grabo can do more and is already signed and can easily play 2nd line C, Kadri 1st and McClement 3rd line... that's not even considering Colborne or FAs or Trades. Bozak is not a difference maker

pspot is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 08:52 AM
  #106
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas
 
Volcanologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kessel Apocalypse
Country: Germany
Posts: 20,721
vCash: 500
I would like someone who can do better than 50 points centering Kessel's line. Investing 10-11 million in two guys who don't fit that description when we're still lacking that player seems like a bad idea.

Volcanologist is online now  
Old
04-17-2013, 08:57 AM
  #107
Daisy Joy
Little Ms SassyLeaf
 
Daisy Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,226
vCash: 500
if we do lose him - we need to get another faceoff guy, or get better there.

Daisy Joy is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:07 AM
  #108
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Joy View Post
if we do lose him - we need to get another faceoff guy, or get better there.
Which is why we can afford to lose him.

jmart21 is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 09:48 AM
  #109
Daisy Joy
Little Ms SassyLeaf
 
Daisy Joy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Which is why we can afford to lose him.
exactly.

I i like the guy. but if we have to choose between Bozak and Grabo, I'd choose Grabo (for his speed alone. I've now decided i'm giving him grace due to his tummy issues. I don't think it excuses EVERYTHING, but just enough).

Everyone keeps saying they want to get Sean Couterier via trade.
what would our trading options be, exactly? I would like to see Gardiner with a training camp and more time in our system (not an abbrivated season and the last few games of last season), before we trade him.

Daisy Joy is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 10:22 AM
  #110
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
Maybe Chuck is Dreger




But no. lol

ChuckWoods is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 10:31 AM
  #111
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post




But no. lol
einhorn is finkle

pspot is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 10:39 AM
  #112
ChuckWoods
Registered User
 
ChuckWoods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
einhorn is finkle

ChuckWoods is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 10:50 AM
  #113
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I Bet You Hate T.O
Country: Croatia
Posts: 5,276
vCash: 500
Fill in the holes...

JVR - 1._____ - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - 2._____
MacArthur - Bozak - Kulemin
McLaren - Mcclement - Komarov
Orr, Hamilton

Phaneuf - 3.______
Gardiner - 4.______
Fraser - Franson
O'Byrne

Reimer
5.______

Missing pieces

Grabovski
Frattin
Gunnarsson
Liles
Kostka
Scrivens

Possible FA's to fill holes...

1. Ribeiro, Roy, Weiss (Hopefully no to all of them)
2. Horton, Ryder, Clarkson
3. Streit, Zidlicky (Both too offensively oriented) Maybe Scuderi? Ian White?
4. Streit, Scuderi, White
5. Backstrom, Theodore, Khudobin

FishManSam is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 10:59 AM
  #114
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
there are no #1 C via FA, and that's probably true every year
don't think the Leafs really have the pieces to trade for one

I think next year you add Clarkson
then move some pieces for a right handed dman (Mac, Prospects, Picks etc)
sign a vet backup

pspot is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:01 AM
  #115
pspot
Registered User
 
pspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,501
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind a short term contract on Weiss but wouldn't go over 4.5 and would prefer giving Colborne a chance and/or bringing in someone younger with potential via trade


Last edited by pspot: 04-17-2013 at 11:09 AM.
pspot is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:09 AM
  #116
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Bozak is around the same calibar a player as Stajan or Moore were well they played in Toronto.

If Bozak wants anything more then around 3 to 3.5 max per year on a multi year deal Nonis should let him walk.

We've made the jump into the next level of teams so we can stop having to be one of those teams that has to overpay players (witness Komisarek deal) to have them play for our team.

Kadri/Grabo/McClement can occupy 3 of the 4 spots. If we can't find the ideal candidate next year to fill Bozaks spot I'd rather sign a vet like Zubrus, Cullen, McDonald, Antropov to a one year or trade a mid round pick for a player with only 1 year remaining for someone like Stajan or Jokinen well also breaking in Colborne next season then overpaying Bozak with term (4+ years).

Ricky Bobby is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:20 AM
  #117
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
Fill in the holes...

JVR - 1._____ - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - 2._____
MacArthur - Bozak - Kulemin
McLaren - Mcclement - Komarov
Orr, Hamilton

Phaneuf - 3.______
Gardiner - 4.______
Fraser - Franson
O'Byrne

Reimer
5.______

Missing pieces

Grabovski
Frattin
Gunnarsson
Liles
Kostka
Scrivens

Possible FA's to fill holes...

1. Ribeiro, Roy, Weiss (Hopefully no to all of them)
2. Horton, Ryder, Clarkson
3. Streit, Zidlicky (Both too offensively oriented) Maybe Scuderi? Ian White?
4. Streit, Scuderi, White
5. Backstrom, Theodore, Khudobin
-CMac will command to much money for what he can bring. He's a good player on a bad team but on a good team he'll just end up being overpaid and not well suited for the 3rd line. Frattin is better suited in terms of playing style and cap hit for as the # 5/6 winger.

-Ribeiro, Roy and Weiss are all better then Bozak

-Why are trying to get rid of both Gunnarson and Liles?

Ricky Bobby is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:23 AM
  #118
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Joy View Post
exactly.

I i like the guy. but if we have to choose between Bozak and Grabo, I'd choose Grabo (for his speed alone. I've now decided i'm giving him grace due to his tummy issues. I don't think it excuses EVERYTHING, but just enough).

Everyone keeps saying they want to get Sean Couterier via trade.
what would our trading options be, exactly? I would like to see Gardiner with a training camp and more time in our system (not an abbrivated season and the last few games of last season), before we trade him.
I would personally keep Bozak over Grabo. Bozak is second to none in the faceoff circle and a key cog to our PK. Also, unlike grabo, Bozak seems to thrive no matter whom he plays with. IMO, Bozak brings more of the assets we need than Grabo does, along with much more versatility and (likely) a smaller price tag.

jmart21 is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:25 AM
  #119
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,643
vCash: 500
Anyone think we should acquire Stajan?

Calgary is going into a full out rebuild, Stajan costs 3.5M...and we essentially replace Bozak with a cheaper Bozak.

He's not good on faceoffs though..

Pi is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:28 AM
  #120
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,034
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Anyone think we should acquire Stajan back?

Calgary is going into a full out rebuild, Stajan costs 3.5M...and we essentially replace Bozak with a cheaper Bozak.

He's not good on faceoffs though..
Why? For what reason on earth would we move our most reliable centre for a complete downgrade?

Downgrade to save what...a million?

jmart21 is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:30 AM
  #121
Pinto
Burn Them All
 
Pinto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hagersville, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,322
vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Anyone think we should acquire Stajan back?

Calgary is going into a full out rebuild, Stajan costs 3.5M...and we essentially replace Bozak with a cheaper Bozak.

He's not good on faceoffs though..
No.

I'm one of Bozak's biggest fans here. But if he wants 5 million + he can walk.

Pinto is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:34 AM
  #122
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post
Why? For what reason on earth would we move our most reliable centre for a complete downgrade?

Downgrade to save what...a million?
A million across multiple years as Bozak will want term.

A million in extra cap space is nothing to sneeze at.

Ricky Bobby is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:41 AM
  #123
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
there are no #1 C via FA, and that's probably true every year
don't think the Leafs really have the pieces to trade for one

I think next year you add Clarkson
then move some pieces for a right handed dman (Mac, Prospects, Picks etc)
sign a vet backup
Oh like it would be so bad letting Bozak test the market, 3.5 is fair. He isn't a game changer, worst case scenario

JVR Kadri Kessel (Grabo)
Lupul Grabo Kule (Kadri)
Frat Mc Mac (Kom)
Kom Col Orr (Mc2)

That ain't hurting even if we lost Mac and Bozie

thewave is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:43 AM
  #124
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Bozak is around the same calibar a player as Stajan or Moore were well they played in Toronto.

If Bozak wants anything more then around 3 to 3.5 max per year on a multi year deal Nonis should let him walk.

We've made the jump into the next level of teams so we can stop having to be one of those teams that has to overpay players (witness Komisarek deal) to have them play for our team.

Kadri/Grabo/McClement can occupy 3 of the 4 spots. If we can't find the ideal candidate next year to fill Bozaks spot I'd rather sign a vet like Zubrus, Cullen, McDonald, Antropov to a one year or trade a mid round pick for a player with only 1 year remaining for someone like Stajan or Jokinen well also breaking in Colborne next season then overpaying Bozak with term (4+ years).
He is not even Stajan sorry to burst your bubble, I would trade Bozie for Stajan back 1 for 1 if I could but would rather Cammy

thewave is offline  
Old
04-17-2013, 11:44 AM
  #125
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,844
vCash: 500
I really hope Ranger signs on with the big club, O'Bryne returns and we sign a vet like Scuderi, Ference, Murray, Leopold, Rozsival to a very short term deal.

Doing this would give us incredible depth on D that would allow us to make trades from a position of strength to either stock up on picks by trading a guy or two or be able to throw in 1 or 2 of Gardiner/Gunnarson/Frason a package for that much needed top line center.

Ricky Bobby is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.