HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Luke Adam (assigned 4/17)

Old
04-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Stafford is the next one to go, so they need another forward.
My immediate thought too.

Something's going down guys. It HAS to be. We only have Myers, Ehrhoff, Sekera, Weber, and Pysyk for tomorrow too. It's no coincidence that we recalled another forward and are short on defensemen with Regehr gone. Something's happening. We're not done.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo View Post
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres 1m
#Sabres forward Luke Adam has been recalled from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League.

Who is this Luke Adam kid? ... Is he any good? Scouting report?

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Perhaps a combined motive? They're short forwards and Adam may be getting a viewing by someone's pro scouts back in the show rather than more deserving/capable players. There is also the possibility that they are going to swing one of their wingers out and need an extra body in case that deal is done before game time. It takes time for players to arrive, no need to play the Pens short-handed.

04-01-2013, 11:14 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
This is his last chance.He needs to show something and fast.He turns 23 this year and is regressing.He has the talent he just needs the consistency.
WTF are you talking about, last chance? Your expectations are ludicrous. Some of you on this site are ridiculous. Adam was drafted not even 4 years ago, how about we let some of our prospects develop? Not every player makes an impact 1-2 years after they are drafted, or even 3-4. It seriously makes me doubt some of the peoples intelligence on this site.

Fly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:20 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Boy View Post
WTF are you talking about, last chance? Your expectations are ludicrous. Some of you on this site are ridiculous. Adam was drafted not even 4 years ago, how about we let some of our prospects develop? Not every player makes an impact 1-2 years after they are drafted, or even 3-4. It seriously makes me doubt some of the peoples intelligence on this site.
He's had one good year and two horrible years as a pro.
He looked to be making a fairly good transition to the pro game, but reverted back to what he was initially in year two and three (doesn't have the puck skills to be a scorer, yet doesn't have the tools to be a bottom six player).

If he doesn't show some signs, I don't see why they wouldn't cut ties.
What's the point in retaining a prospect that has declined so severely?

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:28 PM
McTank

Quote:
I actually agree with layne, he's regressed severly since being sent down. If there ever a change to spark his career and get it back on track this would be it. Hopefully he's motivated

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
There is also the possibility that they are going to swing one of their wingers out and need an extra body in case that deal is done before game time.
I would say with almost 100% certainty this is the reason. They're short handed already and you never know when a move may be made.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
He's had one good year and two horrible years as a pro.
He looked to be making a fairly good transition to the pro game, but reverted back to what he was initially in year two and three (doesn't have the puck skills to be a scorer, yet doesn't have the tools to be a bottom six player).

If he doesn't show some signs, I don't see why they wouldn't cut ties.
What's the point in retaining a prospect that has declined so severely?
Still to say this is his absolute last chance? It seems a bit premature and absurd to me at this point.

Fly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:43 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Still to say this is his absolute last chance? It seems a bit premature and absurd to me at this point.
I don't know if it's premature at this point since his struggles seem to be more than just a funk.
The only time he looked remotely like he may be finding his way this year was at the Dev Camp, which is misleading, since he was older than many of the other players and had a decent amount of pro experience.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:59 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Well... I'm anxious to see how he does. Talk about an epic fall from grace, to this point, at least.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:12 AM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
Run and hide. The **** is about to hit the fan. Hold on to your butts
Watch to see who is scratched from practice and/or the game tonight.

Much like the Regehr being out of practice for 'maintenance' yesterday. If Pom or Staff are scratched I would assume a deal is very close.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:14 AM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolanPlsGoSabres View Post

Me thinks...Scott not playing against Pit + injuries to Van and Leino?
Poms or Staff getting traded? Both?

Or putting John Scott on D to replace Regehr and put Adam in his place? (Oh please no)

Tank commander approves of these moves.

MacOfNiagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 08:26 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Considering he's regressed since winning ROY in the AHL, and his contract is up this year? Very fair to say it's his last chance to show something.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbubble View Post
For Stafford? If he was on another team, what would you be willing to give up to get him on the Sabres?
It's a tough question because we really don't have a late-1st rounder or much of a middle-class of prospects--we either have Grigs and Armia (with Girgs, McCabe a notch below) or relative crap sandwiches.

If we were sitting where a team like Montreal is right now, I'd offer a 1st + Catenacci.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Perhaps a combined motive? They're short forwards and Adam may be getting a viewing by someone's pro scouts back in the show rather than more deserving/capable players. There is also the possibility that they are going to swing one of their wingers out and need an extra body in case that deal is done before game time. It takes time for players to arrive, no need to play the Pens short-handed.
Yeah, I'm wondering if he's a secondary piece in a deal and the other team wants a look at him against NHL competition. IIRC, he played pretty well in Pittsburgh during an early-season game last year.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:04 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
@BuffaloSabres: Forward @LukeJAdam has been reassigned to the @AmerksHockey. #SabresChat

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:06 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
@BuffaloSabres: Forward @LukeJAdam has been reassigned to the @AmerksHockey. #SabresChat
Hopefully he's re-invigorated after scoring again at this level. If he can take and feed on that, get himself moving again, maybe he can salvage a pretty terrible 18 months with a solid push into and through the playoffs.

Otherwise, I wonder if that is it for him (shy an injury recall) as a Sabre.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote