HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

PPM Part VIII: Sponsor Offers are in for Hockey!

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 06:44 PM
canucks357

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Right, my concern however is that if I pull said 80AQ player at SA 13 its kind of a waste because that player will never be as good as the 80AQ players being pulled by the teams above me.
And what you'd be left with are what I have for 20 and 21 year olds... guys pulled at lvl 13 and trained mainly at lvl 13 - I get that. But I should have sold them back in the day. It is easier to buy good Qs than to pull them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obryantj View Post
If I'm unable to do so, I'll need to consider rebuilding.
Yay! More rebuilders It can be fun to rebuild. Watch your youngsters go out there and get there ***** kicked

Old
04-16-2013, 11:33 PM
camrawrn

First post here, so hello everybody! I'm camrawrn, I go by the same name on PPM, and I'm the manager of The Rainbow Unicorns hockey team (USA II.2) and The Death Munchers soccer team (USA II.1). I've been doing pretty well in both sports considering I started in season 8 for hockey and season 4 in soccer.

I have recently sold a lot of my best players in hockey to build as many minimum triple floors as possible this season, and I either got rid of or downgraded the majority of my staff. I'm almost done building minimum triples on soccer, though I did this without selling players.

Anyway, I randomly stumbled upon this thread while browsing Hockey's Future, and decided to join up after reading a bit of the discussion. I hope you guys can handle another rebuilder (well... sort of) in this thread.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:00 AM
canucks357

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrawrn View Post
First post here, so hello everybody! I'm camrawrn, I go by the same name on PPM...
Welcome! Your username on PPM (and thus here) always makes me chuckle. Welcome to uncensored PPM talk! No mods allowed! That's right! Beat it saint2e! Get lost canucks357. Wait. Me? Nooooooo.....

Old
04-17-2013, 10:30 AM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
In hockey I just started TF 15, it'll be ready early next season- my mission now is to max out the arena

Old
04-17-2013, 01:25 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks357 View Post
Welcome! Your username on PPM (and thus here) always makes me chuckle. Welcome to uncensored PPM talk! No mods allowed! That's right! Beat it saint2e! Get lost canucks357. Wait. Me? Nooooooo.....

Out of all of my names on PPM, THAT'S the one that makes you chuckle? I figured Rainbow Unicorns would have done it...

So I just sold a goaltender for the Denmark U20 team for 40 mil. The team that bought it has a level 6 training facility. I don't think he'll make it to the Senior Team. =) Also, because he sold for more than I was expecting, I will now have a stadium full of minimum triples at the end of this season. Woo!

Old
04-17-2013, 01:55 PM
canucks357

Quote:
Also, because he sold for more than I was expecting, I will now have a stadium full of minimum triples at the end of this season. Woo!
w00t!

As you can tell I am in a different mood.

Old
04-17-2013, 02:49 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
w00t!

As you can tell I am in a different mood.
...You should probably get that checked out. WAIT. ARE YOU PREGNANT?!

Old
04-17-2013, 09:47 PM
canucks357

Quote:
...You should probably get that checked out. WAIT. ARE YOU PREGNANT?!
No but the guy I sit beside at work, his wife is. Do you think it is contagious?

Old
04-18-2013, 09:40 AM
camrawrn

Quote:
Do you think it is contagious?
I think it might be. You just need a Band-Aid, and you'll be fine.

Back to PPM related stuff: is it even possible to catch Leggman?

Old
04-18-2013, 10:07 AM
canucks357

Quote:
I think it might be. You just need a Band-Aid, and you'll be fine.

Sure. Just get a faster car than him. On a more serious note, yes. But it'd take some time. I've surpassed many Canadian top clubs in terms of rink and facilities. Now I need to stock the fridge with good prospects and wait for them to prosper.

Old
04-18-2013, 12:05 PM
tujague

My hockey team has cracked 100 OTS we celebrated by losing the first game of the season

I'm attempting to play most games on VL/L to conserve energy for promotion. That it me in the ass.

15,000 seats and only 6,782 fans showed up Hopefully that'll improve once I get back to the top of the table.

Quote:
When he quits. I think it would take someone with maxed facilities and maxed stadium and an extremely lucky youth school run or massive success on the market. That person would need to be able to field at least 3 lines of top OR and top Q youths. Play them for 8-9 seasons and you might get close to Leggmann for a season or two.

he'll be crushing the US as long as hes active. Any chance we had to stop him was wasted by the rest of I.1 being ******* and playing him on VL for years. And no one ever counters his tactics! Now we don't even have enough tier 2 teams to make him sweat. So it's over for a long while.

Old
04-18-2013, 03:20 PM
camrawrn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
When he quits. I think it would take someone with maxed facilities and maxed stadium and an extremely lucky youth school run or massive success on the market. That person would need to be able to field at least 3 lines of top OR and top Q youths. Play them for 8-9 seasons and you might get close to Leggmann for a season or two.

he'll be crushing the US as long as hes active. Any chance we had to stop him was wasted by the rest of I.1 being ******* and playing him on VL for years. And no one ever counters his tactics! Now we don't even have enough tier 2 teams to make him sweat. So it's over for a long while.
Well that's depressing. I'll probably focus less on passing him up eventually, and focus more on getting players to play on the U.S. National Team. We really need more talent on that part, and we have too few teams that are actually capable of producing that talent.

Or maybe I'll just buy a fast car. If I can't pass him, I can at least run him over...

Old
04-18-2013, 04:58 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
In hockey I just started TF 15, it'll be ready early next season- my mission now is to max out the arena
Very nice!

Quote:
First post here, so hello everybody!
Welcome! Whatever you do, don't take tujague's advice. He's in division III in hockey despite starting in season 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
My hockey team has cracked 100 OTS we celebrated by losing the first game of the season

I'm attempting to play most games on VL/L to conserve energy for promotion. That it me in the ass.

15,000 seats and only 6,782 fans showed up Hopefully that'll improve once I get back to the top of the table.
I'm close to 200 OTS, but probably won't get there this season. In fact, it could drop significantly if I don't have enough to keep Nicodema (he'll be an RFA soon). If he does go, then I'll be getting a ton of cash and will have some options available.

My 15,000 seat arena only had 14,856 fans show up.

---------------

In soccer, have cash, need NT-caliber players.

Old
04-18-2013, 05:07 PM
canucks357

Quote:
In soccer, have cash, need NT-caliber players.
Interested in Fred Mashinter?

LM:
Code:
M - 279 94	S - 108 81	P - 139 91	T - 140 73	S - 195 91	H - 84 95 	13

Old
04-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Obryantj

Quote:
Interested in Fred Mashinter?

LM:
Code:
M - 279 94	S - 108 81	P - 139 91	T - 140 73	S - 195 91	H - 84 95 	13
Mild interest. We can discuss via pm if you like, but he'd probably go for more than I would be willing to pay (based on his CL history).

Old
04-18-2013, 06:32 PM
tescosamoa

well i picked up a whole new 1st line and started on the new second line to compete in II.4 Need to get a 1 more LD, 2 more RD then I will be competitive. Were talking spending between 1m and 2.5m for 650 to 800 players...

Old
04-18-2013, 06:47 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
Originally Posted by tescosamoa View Post
well i picked up a whole new 1st line and started on the new second line to compete in II.4 Need to get a 1 more LD, 2 more RD then I will be competitive. Were talking spending between 1m and 2.5m for 650 to 800 players...
You can get plenty of good players on RFA market for cheap, my team has 172 OTS but not a single player cost me more than 2.7M. You just have to be patient. Right now others are bidding a bit high, but in a few weeks i think it will go down to normal and you'll be able to get some great bargains.

Old
04-18-2013, 09:16 PM
tescosamoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
You can get plenty of good players on RFA market for cheap, my team has 172 OTS but not a single player cost me more than 2.7M. You just have to be patient. Right now others are bidding a bit high, but in a few weeks i think it will go down to normal and you'll be able to get some great bargains.
I have not figured out the RFA market yet... Never know how much to bid.

Old
04-22-2013, 10:11 AM
canucks357

Huge game for me today. Playing one of two teams close to me in OTS...

Old
04-22-2013, 11:27 AM
suprvilce

I had a great game today, playing on the road, was losing 4:1 heading into the third but scored 5 unanswered goals to get the win

Old
04-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
I had a great game today, playing on the road, was losing 4:1 heading into the third but scored 5 unanswered goals to get the win
Contgrats! You posted earlier that your OTS is 172, IIRC you started your team pretty recently and you've already passed me who started way back in season 4. In what season did you start your team?

If that's the case, then it proves that focusing on homegrown players from your SA (like I did) is the wrong way to go!

I mixed in some kids into my lineup as I played one of the newcomers in II.3. Blew them out 9-2 despite missing tactics and had 4 players in the daily all star team. Up to 4th in the league. I'm still in the middle of the pack in OTS (158), but I think a low playoff seed is possible with some smart tactics.

Old
04-22-2013, 01:32 PM
suprvilce

I started at the beginning of season 11, on day 4. Don't worry about if you chose the wrong way. All of my regulars are 27-28 years old and won't improve anymore with my facilites, your team will soon be ahead of mine in terms of OTS and will be for many seasons after that and it will take me a lot of time to catch up to you

Old
04-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
I started at the beginning of season 11, on day 4. Don't worry about if you chose the wrong way. All of my regulars are 27-28 years old and won't improve anymore with my facilites, your team will soon be ahead of mine in terms of OTS and will be for many seasons after that and it will take me a lot of time to catch up to you
I mostly chose this route as I probably enjoy the player development aspect the most in the game. So I don't really have regrets, but I'm impressed with how quickly you've managed to build your team!

Old
04-22-2013, 02:14 PM
suprvilce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
I mostly chose this route as I probably enjoy the player development aspect the most in the game. So I don't really have regrets, but I'm impressed with how quickly you've managed to build your team!
Thanks, it took a lot of luck and it's gonna take a lot more to keep it this way as i'll probably sell the players at the end of this season, or depending how it goes, at the end of next season to help me finish wtih arena.

Old
04-23-2013, 07:30 AM
tujague

Quote:
Welcome! Whatever you do, don't take tujague's advice. He's in division III in hockey despite starting in season 2.

I'm having fun. That's all that matters.

Quote:
I'm close to 200 OTS, but probably won't get there this season. In fact, it could drop significantly if I don't have enough to keep Nicodema (he'll be an RFA soon). If he does go, then I'll be getting a ton of cash and will have some options available.

My 15,000 seat arena only had 14,856 who up.
Haha. I wish I could whup your ass in soccer today for these comments, but we all know that won't happen. On top of your team being a lot better, I'm missing one of my three good dmen & starting LM due to injury, and Lemieux is suspended. So I can't even use an interesting formation or anything. At this point, I'm not even surer it's worth burning the energy. But we all know how I feel about teams *****ing out against the top team in the league. Dilemma.

Closed Thread