HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 42: Blues vs. Vancouver – Jaskin you shall receive

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2013, 04:01 AM
Bluesman91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
What's with Vancouver fans and trolling and especially after a loss...
He was just basically asking "Is it safe to dump Luongo and be able to rely on Schneider as our starter?"

Old
04-17-2013, 04:03 AM
Lundface

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
What's with Vancouver fans and trolling and especially after a loss...
Sorry if you considered that trolling, not sure how that was trolling at all.

Lets re-phrase. Having played against him a few times now, what are your thoughts of him?

Old
04-17-2013, 04:06 AM
Lundface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
He was just basically asking "Is it safe to dump Luongo and be able to rely on Schneider as our starter?"
Not really asking if it's safe but rather what other's think of him. Every team overrates their own players its human nature, hence a better measure of how good a player is would be given by opposing teams fans. For example, IMO he literally is the reason Vancouver stays in a lot of games and tonight was a good example as I think St Louis more than doubled Vancouver in scoring chances. He isn't exactly in a system that shelters him either, on most nights he's Vancouver's best player.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:11 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
Sorry if you considered that trolling, not sure how that was trolling at all.

Lets re-phrase. Having played against him a few times now, what are your thoughts of him?
Guess I misunderstood because I thought it's been clear for quite awhile that Schneider is a really good goalie.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:13 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
I don't think he meant anything by it, actually the way he asked the question seems more of a shot at vancouver fans.
I misunderstood. It's my belief that Schneider is a really good goalie and it's not even a debate IMO, which is why I thought the question was a bit weird.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:12 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
So is Schneider for real or are Canucks fans delusional for thinking so?
I think he's terrible... Just to be nice after such a tough hard fought game and to ease your burden....what if we just took him off your hands and swapped you Halak for him?

Old
04-17-2013, 06:21 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

I see way too much complaining of the Kesler Burrows junk on here....really what is the difference between them and Backes? They finish their checks and they play with a borderline edge....just like Backes. I'd trade Perron and Berglund for those two right now in a heartbeat and throw in more to make it happen.

Old
04-17-2013, 07:49 AM
ManyIdeas

Was fun to be at. Jaskin got a pretty big ovation when he lined up for his first shift. LOTS of stuff behind the play, not sure how much was caught on tv. Best part was easily Backes and one of the Sedins battling by the benches during JBo's goal.

As for the game, when Backes and Stewart had their "angry shift", place was LOUD. Was super fun.

Btw congratulations to the guy 1 row behind and a few seats over that proposed.

Old
04-17-2013, 08:51 AM
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyIdeas View Post
Was fun to be at. Jaskin got a pretty big ovation when he lined up for his first shift. LOTS of stuff behind the play, not sure how much was caught on tv. Best part was easily Backes and one of the Sedins battling by the benches during JBo's goal.

As for the game, when Backes and Stewart had their "angry shift", place was LOUD. Was super fun.

Btw congratulations to the guy 1 row behind and a few seats over that proposed.
I wasn't there but felt the Blues game turn on when Backes had the hit behind the Vancouver net. After that point, the Blues looked like a different team. That is what I think the Blues need from Backes on a nightly basis. He has the ability to get this team turned around and pumped up. I know he is receiving a lot of heat on this forum because of his lack of scoring this year, but if he can can inspire the team like that, I am more than happy with his production. It is the true work of a captain to lead and inspire and he just doesn't do it by lighting the lamp like some higher scoring captains around the league

Old
04-17-2013, 09:43 AM
pricer502

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenSnips View Post
I wasn't there but felt the Blues game turn on when Backes had the hit behind the Vancouver net. After that point, the Blues looked like a different team. That is what I think the Blues need from Backes on a nightly basis. He has the ability to get this team turned around and pumped up. I know he is receiving a lot of heat on this forum because of his lack of scoring this year, but if he can can inspire the team like that, I am more than happy with his production. It is the true work of a captain to lead and inspire and he just doesn't do it by lighting the lamp like some higher scoring captains around the league
I can't agree more with your take on Backes. This was the first time all year i've seen him put this team on his back and carry them to a win. Even though he didn't score a goal, he was all over the place and was a physical force. He cleared out a ton of space for the other guys and the overall enegry of the team picked up off of Backes play. If he can keep that energy level down the stretch and into the playoffs his goals will come.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

vCash: 380
Thought the Canucks' GDT was pretty funny, talking about how we won't be able to depend on the SO in the playoffs.

Checked the standings this morning and any guesses on what team has the exact same number of shootout wins as the Blues?

Old
04-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
Thought the Canucks' GDT was pretty funny, talking about how we won't be able to depend on the SO in the playoffs.

Checked the standings this morning and any guesses on what team has the exact same number of shootout wins as the Blues?
That's hilarious. Hey they've gotta come up with something though.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiko View Post
That's hilarious. Hey they've gotta come up with something though.
To be fair, there are far worse fan bases out there. During the last game with Minnesota, you have thought they were wearing tin foil hats and hiding from the CONSPIRACY!!!

Old
04-17-2013, 11:38 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
I see way too much complaining of the Kesler Burrows junk on here....really what is the difference between them and Backes? They finish their checks and they play with a borderline edge....just like Backes. I'd trade Perron and Berglund for those two right now in a heartbeat and throw in more to make it happen.
I'm fine with physicality. I'm not fine with jumping in as the third man in, diving incessantly and whining to the officials when calls don't go their way. Backes complains at times, but it's usually when something extremely stupid happens(Burrows third man in, match penalty for a shot to the chest of Huskins etc.). There's quite a bit of difference between Backes and them. Kesler is a great player and I'd want him on my team any given day. I'll deal with the diving. Burrows can stay. He's an average player despite playing on a line with the Sedins the majority of the time, along with the diving and the *****ing and borderline dirty plays. I'll pass.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:42 AM
inglouriousbackes

Kessler is fine by my book and I will overlook his diving plays, but Burrows is a disease that I will not tolerate as a fan with. All he does is slewfoot people and dive and constantly *****es to the refs for no reason.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:50 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
Kesler and Burrows are divers who play the game the wrong way. They play dishonorably. Backes would never cheap shot, turtle, third man in, dive, etc. Them playing physical is fine but the way they disgrace the game and have for a long time, particularly Burrows, it's pretty much the opposite of Backes, who is ferocious but clean.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:57 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I can't believe I made a GDT and the team won. Every once in a huge while I make one and they lose. Does this mean I do it until they lose now? They will be minimalist if so.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:10 PM
ManyIdeas

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
I can't believe I made a GDT and the team won. Every once in a huge while I make one and they lose. Does this mean I do it until they lose now? They will be minimalist if so.
Always ride the winning gdt

Old
04-17-2013, 12:13 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
No, they don't.

Burrows is a punk. He bit a dude's finger. He doesn't show respect for his opponents. Here's the difference: if both players were pushed in on a goaltender, Burrows would intentionally fall on him and Backes would try to avoid contact. He is a hitter, and plays a strong physical game, but he shows respect for his opponent.

I won't comment on Kesler. I didn't like how he carried himself last night, but he's not as bad as Burrows.

Who was it that speared Backes? That was a chicken**** play.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:19 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Slightly OT but did anybody flip over to Kings-Sharks last night and notice between periods they reported the NHL is planning a ton of outdoor games for next year? Blues not among them.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:25 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Slightly OT but did anybody flip over to Kings-Sharks last night and notice between periods they reported the NHL is planning a ton of outdoor games for next year? Blues not among them.
Yeah, Ranger TWICE though. Whatever.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
I hate it. Keep it at one.

What's worse is one venue is having multiple games (Yankee Stadium) and one team is in multiple games (New York Rangers)

Old
04-17-2013, 12:30 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

I'm starting to not care about outdoor games. The appeal just isn't there and now there is going to be way too many of them.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

I would want to go to an outdoor Blues game at Busch stadium if they ever host one. I like the extra media coverage the NHL gets with the one outdoor game a year though.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

I'd rather see an outdoor game by the Arch. Would be terrible to set up, but it'd be memorable.

Closed Thread