HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Price, Subban, Gallagher, and Therrien top the NHL Awards ballot poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2013, 03:39 AM
  #101
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
Its true that when you take out all the ****** games from Price like 6-8 games his sv % is 9.30% +
But there were **** games, and they all contribute to the averages, for every goalie in the NHL. Your argument is invalid.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:46 AM
  #102
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
As much as I love Price, WOW, that is shocking. Was it who would they most like to have or who has been the best. If it's EC goalies then I can understand since Anderson hasn't played that many games. Still surprising. Even MT over Carlyle - I think it's pretty close since Carlyle seems to have revitalized the leafs more, or maybe it just feels that way since it's been awhile since we remember what our team can do or if it can do it without Emmy.

Gallagher and Subban should get the Calder and Norris hands down. If they don't, it will be plain robbery. Huberdeau can go put up meaningless points all he wants, he is not the best rookie this year, not by a long shot (and I think Hubbey is going to be a league leader). Subban, is there really anyone better? Really? Subban > Suter.
And if Marky does not get Masterton, I'll eat my hat. BTW, the Masterton is a meaningful trophy.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:57 AM
  #103
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,299
vCash: 5158
Lundqvist has been phenomenal of late and I dare say Rask is keeping Boston from a free fall if their constant complaining is any indication. Price has no business in the Vezina discussion with how inconsistent he's been. As for Therrien, I still feel not awarding MacLean would be criminal after what he has accomplished in Ottawa. Granted, we sprung from last to almost firt, but Ottawa has basically iced an AHL roster and remained competitive. That is nothing more than astonishing.

My votes for the East would be:

Lundqvist
Subban
Gallagher
MacLean

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:24 AM
  #104
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,813
vCash: 500
But who are the goalies in the East? Craig Anderson has been hurt, if not, he's the obvious nominee for the East. The fact that Rask isn't up there is mind boggling, I guess he doesn't have the fame that Price has....but people would really beleive Price is having a better season? Lundqvist, despite his rather ordinairy team has a .926 save %. I guess he suffers from not being able to make his team better. Reimer has clearly not the notoriety yet. Fleury always been seen as inconsistent AND not getting the recognition based on the team he's playing for. Holtby is just...Holtby. So Price has to be up there, based on how okay he was this year. But also based on how weak the East is in that regard. I mean, all great to be the Eastern favorite, but if the Western has 4 better nominees...doesn't mean a whole lot. And we don't know to which extent he was named #1. All 25 agreed? I would doubt it.

Somehow, I will always believe that Price's name is being mentioned based on actual play AND potential. Even if it's a question solely about today's play. Price isn't bad....but #1 in the East makes no sense.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:34 AM
  #105
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,229
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
[...] but people would really beleive Price is having a better season? [...]
i have yet to see a sane habs fan say so. boggles my mind they would nominate him tbh

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:33 AM
  #106
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,743
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Yeah, no one is saying he deserves a vezina nomination. We are however saying that it shows how Price is viewed by our opponents in the Eastern Conference. Further proof that there is about ~3 teams in the NHL who wouldn't move for Price to assume their number 1 goalie position.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:13 AM
  #107
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,752
vCash: 500
Taking all the season into consideration, I'd say Price shouldn't be considered. Gallagher, Subban and Therrien make sense.

No shot at Price. IMHO, he's a franchise goaltender with consistency issues and it's to be expected at such an age.

Uber Coca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:18 AM
  #108
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But who are the goalies in the East? Craig Anderson has been hurt, if not, he's the obvious nominee for the East. The fact that Rask isn't up there is mind boggling, I guess he doesn't have the fame that Price has....but people would really beleive Price is having a better season? Lundqvist, despite his rather ordinairy team has a .926 save %. I guess he suffers from not being able to make his team better. Reimer has clearly not the notoriety yet. Fleury always been seen as inconsistent AND not getting the recognition based on the team he's playing for. Holtby is just...Holtby. So Price has to be up there, based on how okay he was this year. But also based on how weak the East is in that regard. I mean, all great to be the Eastern favorite, but if the Western has 4 better nominees...doesn't mean a whole lot. And we don't know to which extent he was named #1. All 25 agreed? I would doubt it.

Somehow, I will always believe that Price's name is being mentioned based on actual play AND potential. Even if it's a question solely about today's play. Price isn't bad....but #1 in the East makes no sense.
Lundqvist is having the best season in the East IMHO. Rask has had some consistency issues like Price this season.

Uber Coca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:09 AM
  #109
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But who are the goalies in the East? Craig Anderson has been hurt, if not, he's the obvious nominee for the East. The fact that Rask isn't up there is mind boggling, I guess he doesn't have the fame that Price has....but people would really beleive Price is having a better season? Lundqvist, despite his rather ordinairy team has a .926 save %. I guess he suffers from not being able to make his team better. Reimer has clearly not the notoriety yet. Fleury always been seen as inconsistent AND not getting the recognition based on the team he's playing for. Holtby is just...Holtby. So Price has to be up there, based on how okay he was this year. But also based on how weak the East is in that regard. I mean, all great to be the Eastern favorite, but if the Western has 4 better nominees...doesn't mean a whole lot. And we don't know to which extent he was named #1. All 25 agreed? I would doubt it.

Somehow, I will always believe that Price's name is being mentioned based on actual play AND potential. Even if it's a question solely about today's play. Price isn't bad....but #1 in the East makes no sense.
So the veracity of this poll comes into question. I suppose when you vote for something you really don't have accountability for voting on you can fill in whatever you want. Like me voting for the premier of Quebec. Hope it isn't the kiss of death for the other players because Subban and Gallagher are strong candidates, it's good to have some A-list players for a change.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:19 AM
  #110
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 39,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Cost View Post
Its true that when you take out all the ****** games from Price like 6-8 games his sv % is 9.30% +
If you have to take out 6-8 games in a shortened season to put his numbers in the Veznia range, then he shouldn't be a Veznia candidate.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:53 AM
  #111
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
Were they drunk?
More importantly, are they members in good standing on HF boards?? Now that's where all the smart crowd hangs out...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:54 AM
  #112
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 11,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Lundqvist is having the best season in the East IMHO. Rask has had some consistency issues like Price this season.
Would be this Lundqvist who's team is now afraid to let him tend goal at the Bell Centre??

Every goalie out there has issues...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:17 AM
  #113
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Lundqvist is having the best season in the East IMHO. Rask has had some consistency issues like Price this season.
Lundqvist has been average too... He makes 1-2-3 big saves a night(Like Price does) but he still lets 3 goals in(like Price)

Sounds like a reputation thing here...


The simple fact is that the East goaltending has been weak.

Bob, Niemi, Schneider all have been playing better and they will get the recognition.

Funny thing is, out of my top 3 Rinne, Hank and Carey, none of them are having great seasons.... Goes to show that they're human after all.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:39 AM
  #114
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Yeah, no one is saying he deserves a vezina nomination. We are however saying that it shows how Price is viewed by our opponents in the Eastern Conference. Further proof that there is about ~3 teams in the NHL who wouldn't move for Price to assume their number 1 goalie position.
Hey, don't worry. I understand that. Not exactly a Price lover, but I put myself in the other teams shoes, and I absolutely would love to have him here, just to see how he'd do in another market than Montreal. I think that coaches and GM's understand that fact and some might have named in based on where he's playing.

I would also move to make Price my #1 goalie. Mostly based on the fact that Price is at least a top 10 goalie, there's at least 20 teams who would do it. I'd even do it. But as far as WE are concerned....do we see the absolute best we can from him based on how he was brought in? Based on the pressure on Habs goalies? Based on his personnality? I mean, we hear so much about this stupid "change of scenery" that maybe, just maybe, THIS TIME, it might actually be true? Not too tough to imagine that he could go from good to great elsewhere. Mostly the reason why IF I want to trade him, there's NO WAY I trade him to an Eastern team. We might wait to see how the relocations of teams are going though.....would be pretty funny to trade him to a Western team that ends up moving in the East.....Like Phoenix for example....That would be something else....

Seriously, I wouldn't move him. Not yet. But if the circus around him doesn't stop, we might have no choice. I mean, at one point, I really thought that the circus would be there the day Halak was traded. And it was, based on his preseason Price got booed. But who shut everybody's trap? Price himself with his performances, and that despite a Jennings trophy by Halak. So only Price can shut everybody up once again. If he can't, well it will get ugly. And if Bergevin doesn't want to have to deal with that, he will need to do some SERIOUS RETOOLING with his D in the summer. Keeping the same D won't cut it next year.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:57 AM
  #115
HiggsBozon
i.e. GFORCE
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Hey, don't worry. I understand that. Not exactly a Price lover, but I put myself in the other teams shoes, and I absolutely would love to have him here, just to see how he'd do in another market than Montreal. I think that coaches and GM's understand that fact and some might have named in based on where he's playing.

I would also move to make Price my #1 goalie. Mostly based on the fact that Price is at least a top 10 goalie, there's at least 20 teams who would do it. I'd even do it. But as far as WE are concerned....do we see the absolute best we can from him based on how he was brought in? Based on the pressure on Habs goalies? Based on his personnality? I mean, we hear so much about this stupid "change of scenery" that maybe, just maybe, THIS TIME, it might actually be true? Not too tough to imagine that he could go from good to great elsewhere. Mostly the reason why IF I want to trade him, there's NO WAY I trade him to an Eastern team. We might wait to see how the relocations of teams are going though.....would be pretty funny to trade him to a Western team that ends up moving in the East.....Like Phoenix for example....That would be something else....

Seriously, I wouldn't move him. Not yet. But if the circus around him doesn't stop, we might have no choice. I mean, at one point, I really thought that the circus would be there the day Halak was traded. And it was, based on his preseason Price got booed. But who shut everybody's trap? Price himself with his performances, and that despite a Jennings trophy by Halak. So only Price can shut everybody up once again. If he can't, well it will get ugly. And if Bergevin doesn't want to have to deal with that, he will need to do some SERIOUS RETOOLING with his D in the summer. Keeping the same D won't cut it next year.
I know it's not the subject of discussion of this thread, and that it might be a little quick to ask for this, but;

What are the options Bergevin have in your opinion? The UFA market looks really, really weak as a whole for d-men, and we already have several bodies under contract.

There's no question that if we were to retool our D, it would have to be through trades. But then again, who would you like to see come in, and who would you like to see get out?

Markov and Subban, I assume, are keepers.

Then you have Diaz, Emelin, Bouillon and Gorges. What would you change there?

I personally think Diaz and Gorges are both expandable, what would you think about it?

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:52 PM
  #116
goman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 719
vCash: 500
Great news for the Habs! Shows how respected our players are.

For all the hate, Subban is the clear top D in the East. Ahead of Chara, ahead of Letang. I don't know if he'll win but what this shows is he's a player every coach that regularly sees him wants him.

The Price "win" is puzzling to those who play the numbers game - notably media and fans. Not to say teams and coaches don't watch numbers, but coaches and players think more about what that player is and what he can do.

If you're a coach in the East, who would you want as your no. 1 guy over him? Rask? Lundquist (who had a rough start)? Carey has had an unspectacular year, numbers wise, but look at Roy's numbers. But who would you want more than Roy during the late 80's and early 90's? Price has the pedigree to do the kind of thing Roy did - win Cups and Conn Smythes.

Gallagher has had a great season and I think he could win because of the impact he's made on the lineup and around the league. If Galchenyuk keeps going at the pace he is, he may just get a nom too!

Great recognition for Therrien. What a different guy he is. He's made a terrific impact right off the bat and he and Bergevin seem to be on the same page.

All around fantastic news for the Habs! Even if we someone don't get an official nom it's been a great year.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:12 PM
  #117
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But who are the goalies in the East? Craig Anderson has been hurt, if not, he's the obvious nominee for the East. The fact that Rask isn't up there is mind boggling, I guess he doesn't have the fame that Price has....but people would really beleive Price is having a better season? Lundqvist, despite his rather ordinairy team has a .926 save %. I guess he suffers from not being able to make his team better. Reimer has clearly not the notoriety yet. Fleury always been seen as inconsistent AND not getting the recognition based on the team he's playing for. Holtby is just...Holtby. So Price has to be up there, based on how okay he was this year. But also based on how weak the East is in that regard. I mean, all great to be the Eastern favorite, but if the Western has 4 better nominees...doesn't mean a whole lot. And we don't know to which extent he was named #1. All 25 agreed? I would doubt it.

Somehow, I will always believe that Price's name is being mentioned based on actual play AND potential. Even if it's a question solely about today's play. Price isn't bad....but #1 in the East makes no sense.
I kind of see Price in the same vein that I see Fluery.

A very solid #1, but will definitely let in softies. You can build a team around him, but he's not going to carry your team for long periods of time either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Lundqvist has been average too... He makes 1-2-3 big saves a night(Like Price does) but he still lets 3 goals in(like Price)
I don't want to talk against Price too much because I love having him, but these type of posts are what boggles my mind.

.926 SV% to .908 SV%.

One is elite, one is average. (SV%'s not the goalies in question).

Lundqvist (along with Nash, Stepan, and maybe a couple defenseman) are the reason the Rangers are even in a playoff spot. The same can't be said for Price (but we haven't needed him to be either).

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:08 PM
  #118
ReppingMTL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
lol Price is a franchise goalie, going to be the starting goaltender for Team Canada next year and is respected by every other fan base in the league.

Except ours, go figure

ReppingMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:12 PM
  #119
pine
irregistered user
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
I kind of see Price in the same vein that I see Fluery.

A very solid #1, but will definitely let in softies. You can build a team around him, but he's not going to carry your team for long periods of time either.


I don't want to talk against Price too much because I love having him, but these type of posts are what boggles my mind.

.926 SV% to .908 SV%.

One is elite, one is average. (SV%'s not the goalies in question).

Lundqvist (along with Nash, Stepan, and maybe a couple defenseman) are the reason the Rangers are even in a playoff spot. The same can't be said for Price (but we haven't needed him to be either).
Price has been dreadful when shorthanded this season. In fact, before the Toronto and Philly games his ES S% was close to 93% which is pretty good (.928). Right now, his even-strength S% is BETTER than it was last season (.921 vs .918 last year). His SH S%? Worst among full-time starters. Something's gotta give. Whether it's his puck tracking or the team as a unit, it's been dreadful.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:22 PM
  #120
goman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 719
vCash: 500
Great news for the Habs! Shows how respected our players are.

For all the hate, Subban is the clear top D in the East. Ahead of Chara, ahead of Letang. I don't know if he'll win but what this shows is he's a player every coach that regularly sees him wants him.

The Price "win" is puzzling to those who play the numbers game - notably media and fans. Not to say teams and coaches don't watch numbers, but coaches and players think more about what that player is and what he can do.

If you're a coach in the East, who would you want as your no. 1 guy over him? Rask? Lundquist (who had a rough start)? Carey has had an unspectacular year, numbers wise, but look at Roy's numbers. But who would you want more than Roy during the late 80's and early 90's? Price has the pedigree to do the kind of thing Roy did - win Cups and Conn Smythes.

Gallagher has had a great season and I think he could win because of the impact he's made on the lineup and around the league. If Galchenyuk keeps going at the pace he is, he may just get a nom too!

Great recognition for Therrien. What a different guy he is. He's made a terrific impact right off the bat and he and Bergevin seem to be on the same page.

All around fantastic news for the Habs! Even if we someone don't get an official nom it's been a great year.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:22 PM
  #121
holyhabs87
Registered User
 
holyhabs87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Price has been dreadful when shorthanded this season. In fact, before the Toronto and Philly games his ES S% was close to 93% which is pretty good (.928). Right now, his even-strength S% is BETTER than it was last season (.921 vs .918 last year). His SH S%? Worst among full-time starters. Something's gotta give. Whether it's his puck tracking or the team as a unit, it's been dreadful.
Our PK is complete crap. Diamond formation is not effective. I don't know why we would make changes to the one we had last year.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:22 PM
  #122
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 42,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Price has been dreadful when shorthanded this season. In fact, before the Toronto and Philly games his ES S% was close to 93% which is pretty good (.928). Right now, his even-strength S% is BETTER than it was last season (.921 vs .918 last year). His SH S%? Worst among full-time starters. Something's gotta give. Whether it's his puck tracking or the team as a unit, it's been dreadful.
Well good thing that special teams are a lot more rare in the playoffs.. cause we are going to need to him to post a .920+ SV% in the playoffs if we stand a chance.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:28 PM
  #123
pine
irregistered user
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,455
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Well good thing that special teams are a lot more rare in the playoffs.. cause we are going to need to him to post a .920+ SV% in the playoffs if we stand a chance.
Yep, nevertheless, he hasn't looked sharp (ES or SH) in his last two games. He needs to get it together.

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:56 PM
  #124
Rozz
Registered User
 
Rozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Kamloops B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
this is unbelievable.. we should all be excited that the team finally has players that are turning heads and forcing their ways into the discussion for best of this or that catagory.

FFS, last year we would have killed to be in this position.. now that were here lets not be happy and focus only on price and his last 3 games... and pretend that hes the only goal tender to go through a mental breakdown that might take him a few games to work through... soo.. he must be absolute **** now, Right?

does he deserve the vesina this year.. NO. but does he deserve all this **** from most of the people around here .. HELLS NO! and even if he doesnt (according to a lot of you guys) deserve to have his name up there in this tsn poll thing I think that the coaches choosing him for the vesina in the east is probably one of the best things that could happen right now.. he needs a bit of a confidence boost after the last few games. its probably doing wonders for him getting his mojo back right now.

now the to the more important things, How about Subban, Gallagher, Therrien? AWESOME TIME TO BE A HAB FAN!!!

Rozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 04:35 PM
  #125
Souvenirs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Trois-Rivieres
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 500
Even when Price isn't having an excellent season he's considered among the best goalies in the league. Haters gonna cry

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.