HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Malkin for Kopitar/Voynov/1st 2013

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Penosity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil68 View Post
So are you people saying Kopitar, Voynov, two first round picks would be worth Crosby then?
Forget Crosby. They'd be worth Gretzky.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:03 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
So are you people saying Kopitar, Voynov, two first round picks would be worth Crosby then?
To the Kings they would be worth that....Fans....Not so much.

Kopitar is cost controlled right now along with Slava (barring a ridiculous offer from the KHL).

Kopitar is the heartbeat of the Kings and the Face of the Franchise....So to the Kings he is worth a lot.....More than Malkin I would say.

Malkin would have to be resigned, and asked to play 200ft at all times, under Sutter......

No idea how that turns out, and any GM that would gamble on that with Kopitar and Slava + two 1st ....Should not be an NHL GM.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penosity View Post
Forget Crosby. They'd be worth Gretzky.
Except Gretzky, when he was traded and better than Malkin and Crosby, didn't get that much

Old
04-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Mister Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Why should LA, who just won the cup, pay the price of Voynov, a '13 1st which they don't have and a 2014 1st to upgrade from Kopitar to Malkin?
LA offered Kopitar and Brown a few years back for Malkin.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:11 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Hockey View Post
LA offered Kopitar and Brown a few years back for Malkin.
Got a source for that ? I would love to see it. A legit one, not eklund.

Let me guess "I heard it on some radio show it was a legit hockey guy though"....Yahhhh uhhh NO.

Hockeybuzz is not a legit source ether.

That was all rumors and speculation. not one legit source I can remember said that deal was actually on the table.

Last edited by damacles1156: 04-17-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old
04-17-2013, 12:15 PM
PayItForward

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
At scoring points. I would say.

But last 4 years.

Malkin 252 points
Kopitar 268.....

People don't realize Kopitar is a consistent 75 to 80 point player in a Defensive system...

Kopitar is not some 50 point muck and grind Center.
Last 4 seasons:

Kopitar - 268 Pts, 281 GP
Malkin - 252 Pts, 213 GP

I don't think Kopitar is some "50 point muck and grind center". I know exactly who he is and how good he is. But he's not as good as Malkin.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:17 PM
Riptide

The only way I move Malkin is if it's for 1 young good top 2 center, and 1 young good top 6 winger. That would be the starting point. And even then there's not many offers I'd spend much time thinking about.

"Itís not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, itís as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Old
04-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Malkin is capable of scoring over 50 goals. Kopitar doesnt even come close to that, system or no system. We shouldnt compare points.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:22 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
Malkin is capable of scoring over 50 goals. Kopitar doesnt even come close to that, system or no system. We shouldnt compare points.
Malkin is an elite scorer no one is even disputing that.

But what the Kings need is a player like Kopitar. The GM is Lombardi folks.....Lets remember what type of system the Kings play.

Also who the head Coach is.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:24 PM
junyab

Edited the offer:

Malkin (with extension)

for

Kopitar/Voynov

Old
04-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
Edited the offer:

Malkin

for

Kopitar/Voynov
A signed Malkin

Old
04-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Phil68

Kopitar has A Stanley Cup!

Malkin, Has a Stanely Cup,

Playoff MVP

Season MVP

2 scoring Title - Oh Yeah first scoring title was with Max Talbot and Fedetenko at his wing...

and a lester b pearson award

Imagine if Malkin had a Dustin Brown and a Justin Williams as Wingers all these years.. Christ... Kopitar does not even begin to smell Malkin's Skate... Kopitar is a good player, but not by Miles a Malkin... It just says a lot that Malkin should leave Pitts, cause people under value him due to Crosby

Old
04-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I do it as a Kings fan because the Kings are never going to win a Cup with Kopitar as our number one center. Err...wait. Yeah. No thanks.

04-17-2013, 12:34 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Kopitar has A Stanley Cup!

Malkin, Has a Stanely Cup,

Playoff MVP

Season MVP

2 scoring Title - Oh Yeah first scoring title was with Max Talbot and Fedetenko at his wing...

and a lester b pearson award

Imagine if Malkin had a Dustin Brown and a Justin Williams as Wingers all these years.. Christ... Kopitar does not even begin to smell Malkin's Skate... Kopitar is a good player, but not by Miles a Malkin... It just says a lot that Malkin should leave Pitts, cause people under value him due to Crosby
yea having staal as a 3c and playing wtih neal and behind crosby. his supporting cast was awful......

Old
04-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Pittsburgh has no need for a great, young top 4 potential D-man. We have plenty of them.

We also don't need a top line center. We have two. The two 1st rounders are likely to be in the 20-30 range too which, whilst they do hold value as they are 1st rounders, aren't that attractive because of their number.
Voynov a potential top 4?
He was playing on the 2nd pairing as a rookie on last years cup team. By now at least he deserves to be called a 2nd pairing defensman with potential for more.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Phil68

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
yea having staal as a 3c and playing wtih neal and behind crosby. his supporting cast was awful......
You mean the same Staal who went to Carolina who is not living to the hype he given because Crosby and Malkin were there to cover his inneficiencies? Get real.

Neal Became who he is because of Malkin.. Malkin had won a scoring title before Neal ever came to the pens, and a playoff MVP with two scrubs as wingers so stop it... People here have short term memory

Old
04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Mats26
Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 View Post
That one 50 goal season in his career was in the last 4 years, Kopitar still has more points during that span. If Kopitar plays with Crosby don't you think Kopitar would have monster years as well? Giving up Voynov plus 2 1st rounders is not the difference between Malkin and Kopitar.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

I wonder how many proposals it will take for everyone to realize that no Penguins fan wants to trade Malkin because there is no Malkin trade that will make the Pens better. A hundred? A thousand? A million? A billion? Probably infinity.

They currently have everything they need. The two best centers in the world. Winger situation has been addressed. The defense is diverse and solid, and the defense pipeline is the best in the league.

1sts and Voynov and Kopitar are not incentives to deal Malkin, because they aren't enough better than what we already have to make up for the talent discrepancy between Kopitar and Malkin. Period.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats26 View Post
That one 50 goal season in his career was in the last 4 years, Kopitar still has more points during that span. If Kopitar plays with Crosby don't you think Kopitar would have monster years as well? Giving up Voynov plus 2 1st rounders is not the difference between Malkin and Kopitar.
Yeah, raw point totals when one of the principals has been injured for a significant period is probably the dumbest and most disingenuous method to compare players around.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Of course Malkin is much better,

Last 4 years point totals:

Malkin 252 pts
Kopitar 268 pts

Kopitar gives us 82+ games of solid 2-way productive play. No way we are trading him with Voynov let alone add 2 1st rounders for Malkin and his baggage of injuries.
Quote:
I never said it was. You were the one who came up with point totals which is just a stupid thing to do.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:54 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Yeah, raw point totals when one of the principals has been injured for a significant period is probably the dumbest and most disingenuous method to compare players around.
this. do the people who argue this even realize Kopitar played almost 100 MORE GAMES in this span?

also, regarding whoever pointed out that Malkin only won his scoring titles by playing with Neal (even though he wasn't a Pen until AFTER that), i guess people will believe what they want. i can't believe the people saying Neal is overrated are ALSO trying to suggest Malkin used him as a scoring crutch.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Dick Sledge
The Tactleneck

Some people don't realize that Malkin is more than just some secondary superstar to Pittsburgh.

Just like Crosby, he is the Pittsburgh Penguins. I can't wait til he re-signs so this nonsense stops.

As for the proposal, no thanks from a Pittsburgh POV.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Sour Shoes
lol u mad cam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
To LA:
Malkin (with extension)
non-starter.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:15 PM
DontgoZiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
It's relevant to compare points totals, it's obvious Malkin puts up more points per game than Kopitar but Kopitar has been more durable. I wouldn't make the trade as a kings fan. I don't believe it would improve the Kings, it is overpayment for Malkin.

Last edited by DontgoZiggy: 04-17-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old
04-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Kopitar's by far my favourite Kings player, and that's not easy to say.

LA would be very foolish to make OP's deal.