HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Flyers | 4/16/13 | Backups

View Poll Results: 3 Biggest Losers
Henrik Lundqvist 27 27.27%
Dan Girardi 6 6.06%
Michael Del Zotto 19 19.19%
Anton Stralman 5 5.05%
John Moore 9 9.09%
Steve Eminger 9 9.09%
Ryan McDonagh 11 11.11%
Darrell Powe 5 5.05%
Arron Asham 4 4.04%
Taylor Pyatt 19 19.19%
Brian Boyle 13 13.13%
Brad Richards 51 51.52%
Ryane Clowe 13 13.13%
Derick Brassard 11 11.11%
Carl Hagelin 11 11.11%
Mats Zuccarello 21 21.21%
Rick Nash 22 22.22%
Derek Stepan 12 12.12%
Ryan Callahan 32 32.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2013, 10:48 AM
  #301
Panfork
Pacioretty Hater
 
Panfork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garian Maborik View Post
Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Kreider - Brassard - Zuke
Clowe - Richards - Callahan
Pyatt - Powe - Asham

These are the lines I hope to see if Boyle is injured and out of the line up.
That 2nd line has absolutely no forecheck. Zucc would be the puckchaser, and while I admire his effort, he gets beat too often to be the guy to rely on to lead the forecheck. He does amazing considering his size, but it still limits him. Maybe switch Kreider and Clowe.

Panfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:56 AM
  #302
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,063
vCash: 500
I think we'll make the playoffs, but honestly, that's it.

The team just isn't very good as a whole, right now. Honestly, if we were to have kept the roster exactly the same as last year, and added Clowe at the deadline, I think we'd be a lot better off.

Its been a disappointing campaign. They haven't shown me they have the stuff to win a 7 game series vs the Penguins.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:01 AM
  #303
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
first time this season so disappointed in the team.. all i know is DZ played very well tonight and Moore.. both were the only highlights..

Im done with richards.. guy deserves to be on the bench.. i never ranted about him before during the year, but enough is enough.. guy has no stones and drive to play..

0-5 is embarassing.. we played bad yes.. 0-5 on the PP shame shame shame.. just brutal..
Moore was good, DZ sucked! We have some people who just love this guy and will compliment even on nights when he is making bad decisions, bad passes and lazy attempts at clears. Yikes. DZ was good. Wow.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:22 AM
  #304
silverfish
Player Usage
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 19,563
vCash: 500
Often I wonder... Is a guy like Matt Gilroy absolutely loving life right now?

I mean, the dude gets paid to practice some mornings, and watch hockey games some nights. It's pretty clear on the depth chart that Gilroy isn't going to play another game this season, so he has to be living the life, right?

Then I remember, well, this guy made it to the NHL so his competitive spirit is probably through the roof and it kills him to not be playing most nights. But who knows.

He'll likely be able to find a gig somewhere in the NHL, or at the very least the AHL, next season, where he can again try to prove that he belongs at the NHL level. But right now, this guys living my dream!

Also, this from practice today:

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 1m
Lines, keeping in mind no Boyle or Stepan: Clowe-Brassard-Nash, Pyatt-Richards-Zuccarello, Hagelin-Powe-Callahan/Asham. Doesn't mean much.


Doesn't mean much? LOL. Our beat writers, let me tell ya.

Pretty clear to me that opening the game against Florida the lines will be...

Clowe - Brass - Nash
Hagelin - Stepan - Callahan
Boyle (if healthy) - Richards - Zuccarello
Pyatt - Powe - Asham

But nah, our beat writers can't fathom that some people are just place holders for others when they aren't skating at practice.

WHEN IN ALL REALITY it should be:

Nash - Stepan - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Brassard - Callahan
Clowe - Richards - Boyle
Pyatt/Haley - Powe - Asham

Stupid team.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:24 AM
  #305
MrEctions
Willy Nilly
 
MrEctions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clinton, Ny
Country: United States
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen North View Post
Obviously I'm not an NHL coach, but the thing that stood out most to me on the PP was the "dump and chase" dump-ins trying to gain the zone. How can you retain puck possesion if you just dump it in from center ice to let the defensemen on the PK just catch the dump-in and toss it back out?

That boggled my mind.
I said this same thing. We literally dumped it in from center ice on the PP, then went and made a change. I was like are you ****ing serious. Dump in on the PP with no forecheck. It was a Richards slapshot IIRC. Mind boggling to say the least.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:32 AM
  #306
JD123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
You're all crazy if you think Torts is going anywhere.

Only way I see Torts getting canned is if the Rangers miss the playoffs this year and next.
unfortunately, very true. I don't think the HEAD idiot GM wants to go through another coach during his infinite tenure.

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:32 AM
  #307
Gardner McKay
Moderator
What a time
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Porch of Indecision.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,437
vCash: 50
I wonder how many people voted for this poll thinking it was the 3 stars.

__________________
--But after the long calm, there are now beginnings of a stir. The reunion at hand may joy, it may bring fear. But let us embrace whatever it brings. For they are coming back. At last, the promise has been made. --
Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:35 AM
  #308
Gardner McKay
Moderator
What a time
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Porch of Indecision.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,437
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post


He's the first one that needs to go.
People said the same thing about Perry Pearn. He was the reason for the bad power play. One he was gone it would miraculously improve 5%. As others have said, Sullivan is nothing more than a scapegoat for those who refuse to accept reality.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:41 AM
  #309
JD123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me Maybe View Post
People said the same thing about Perry Pearn. He was the reason for the bad power play. One he was gone it would miraculously improve 5%. As others have said, Sullivan is nothing more than a scapegoat for those who refuse to accept reality.
Well Said! Maybe its the personnel that makes up the powerplay

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:57 AM
  #310
Machinehead
Moderator
Girardi's Corgi
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Land of no Defense
Country: United States
Posts: 47,782
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me Maybe View Post
People said the same thing about Perry Pearn. He was the reason for the bad power play. One he was gone it would miraculously improve 5%. As others have said, Sullivan is nothing more than a scapegoat for those who refuse to accept reality.
What reality is that exactly? That the Rangers are cursed and no matter what personel they try their powerplay will always suck because Rangers? That seems logical. Way more logical than the problem being the coach.

__________________
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:13 PM
  #311
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me Maybe View Post
People said the same thing about Perry Pearn. He was the reason for the bad power play. One he was gone it would miraculously improve 5%. As others have said, Sullivan is nothing more than a scapegoat for those who refuse to accept reality.
So it's impossible to replace one person incapable of running a PP with another person incapable?
If its not the coach, and it's not the players, what is it? Voodoo?

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:28 PM
  #312
silverfish
Player Usage
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 19,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
So it's impossible to replace one person incapable of running a PP with another person incapable?
If its not the coach, and it's not the players, what is it? Voodoo?
I think people are hinting that it is the man assembling the players.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:33 PM
  #313
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I think people are hinting that it is the man assembling the players.
So then it's the players. A PP is affected by 2 things, The Players and the direction. If the players are no good then that's fine, but we have talent.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:42 PM
  #314
Gardner McKay
Moderator
What a time
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Porch of Indecision.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,437
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
What reality is that exactly? That the Rangers are cursed and no matter what personel they try their powerplay will always suck because Rangers? That seems logical. Way more logical than the problem being the coach.
Reality is we are in a slump. Reality is prior to the Islanders game we had been operating at like 35% or something over the previous 6 games. They quoted it on NBC. Reality is no team is perfect. Reality is that people on these boards will always find something to nitpick at. Reality is that firing Mike Sullivan will help our Power Play as much as it did when we fired Perry Pearn.

IMO if we played a highly offensive run and gun system we would have a much more successful power play because that mindset would be engrained in the players minds. We don't play that way. We think defense first and it is even evident on our power play.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:47 PM
  #315
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me Maybe View Post
Reality is we are in a slump. Reality is prior to the Islanders game we had been operating at like 35% or something over the previous 6 games. They quoted it on NBC. Reality is no team is perfect. Reality is that people on these boards will always find something to nitpick at. Reality is that firing Mike Sullivan will help our Power Play as much as it did when we fired Perry Pearn.

IMO if we played a highly offensive run and gun system we would have a much more successful power play because that mindset would be engrained in the players minds. We don't play that way. We think defense first and it is even evident on our power play.
Consistentcy. There's a difference between slumping and the incredible, roller coaster like ups and downs this team goes through. This team isn't consistent enough to call what they are going through right now a slump. This is the norm.

Again, is it impossible to replace one incompetent with another? What's the cause? Let's not act like Pearn went on to great things after he left the Rangers.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:49 PM
  #316
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Torts has lost the room.

If you don't think so then I question your understanding of what it means to actually HAVE the room.

If Torts still had the room, then the team doesn't come out flat like this.

If Torts still had the room, then the way they played in the 3rd would have started immediately following the Schenn gift goal.

Callahan, the Captain, rarely sets the tone of games. Hes the Captain, he doesn't have the natural ability to lead the way offensively, but he does have the ability to set the tone physically. He hasn't been doing much of that at all this season. Why is that?

If the coach has the Captain, then this is not happening with such alarming regularity.

If Torts still had the room, other guys would be stepping into that void created by Callahan's refusal/reluctance to do that job.

Torts has lost the room and when that happens, you see half assed efforts alot more often than you see complete games.

Another thing:

Tort's system is perimeter in nature. Board work, behind the goal? Where is the net front presence in his system. If the forwards are all working below the hash marks and behind the net, who's in the crease creating havoc?

His system flawed in it's design and one that will never win in this current NHL.

We need truculence throughout the line up. I say bring in a Raffi Torres if we can. Guys like that, that play with emotion. Play with their hearts on their sleeves. Guys that are willing to initiate contact and take joy in doing it. Guys that go TO the net with reckless abandon. Guys that go over the edge sometimes. It provides an element of "WTF is he going to do next"

There's way to many passengers on this team and being Captain, Callahan is the biggest culprit this season.

Torts is the navigator, but he has given them directions on how to get around the destination.

We need a coach that will provide directions on how to get STRAIGHT TO the destination.

I'm all over the place I know. I'm just not happy witht he effort the last 3-4 games when better efforts are mandated.

Disappointing.
I actually don't think you are that far off the mark...maybe everybody can flat out pray...even the non religious people here just so we can get Sather fired and then a new President will hire a new GM and a new GM will hire a new coach . It is all just so simple...if only Dolan knew it .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:20 PM
  #317
Gardner McKay
Moderator
What a time
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Porch of Indecision.
Country: United States
Posts: 12,437
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Consistentcy. There's a difference between slumping and the incredible, roller coaster like ups and downs this team goes through. This team isn't consistent enough to call what they are going through right now a slump. This is the norm.

Again, is it impossible to replace one incompetent with another? What's the cause? Let's not act like Pearn went on to great things after he left the Rangers.
Those words never came out of my mouth. However, he was not as bad as people made him out to be.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:22 PM
  #318
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gr8 Eight View Post
Caps fan here, Im rooting for you guys. I dont think the Peg stands a chance against the Pens and think you guys match up pretty well. They dont got a lundqvist! Dude can steal any playoff series.
I'm still rooting for us to play you in the playoffs.

No way we get past the pens.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:22 PM
  #319
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
why is pyatt not leading this poll?

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:28 PM
  #320
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me Maybe View Post
Those words never came out of my mouth. However, he was not as bad as people made him out to be.
Whatever he was it certainly wasn't good enough.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:35 PM
  #321
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 6,056
vCash: 783
Finally the majority of the fan base is fed up with Tortorella and his half assed system. No net presence, 3 guys endlessly cycling behind the net resulting in tired forwards and a defense who is hung out to dry, resulting in someone making a mistake, and the puck in our net. So sick of this teams compete level, nursing home on ice. I guess Richards does have an impact after all, he stinks up the ice, bench, and locker room. $12 Million folks, well spent eh?

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:39 PM
  #322
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Often I wonder... Is a guy like Matt Gilroy absolutely loving life right now?

I mean, the dude gets paid to practice some mornings, and watch hockey games some nights. It's pretty clear on the depth chart that Gilroy isn't going to play another game this season, so he has to be living the life, right?

Then I remember, well, this guy made it to the NHL so his competitive spirit is probably through the roof and it kills him to not be playing most nights. But who knows.

He'll likely be able to find a gig somewhere in the NHL, or at the very least the AHL, next season, where he can again try to prove that he belongs at the NHL level. But right now, this guys living my dream!

Also, this from practice today:

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 1m
Lines, keeping in mind no Boyle or Stepan: Clowe-Brassard-Nash, Pyatt-Richards-Zuccarello, Hagelin-Powe-Callahan/Asham. Doesn't mean much.


Doesn't mean much? LOL. Our beat writers, let me tell ya.

Pretty clear to me that opening the game against Florida the lines will be...

Clowe - Brass - Nash
Hagelin - Stepan - Callahan
Boyle (if healthy) - Richards - Zuccarello
Pyatt - Powe - Asham

But nah, our beat writers can't fathom that some people are just place holders for others when they aren't skating at practice.

WHEN IN ALL REALITY it should be:

Nash - Stepan - Zuccarello
Hagelin - Brassard - Callahan
Clowe - Richards - Boyle
Pyatt/Haley - Powe - Asham

Stupid team.
It doesn't mean much because the lines will be jumbled at least 5 times during the game and you know it.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:58 PM
  #323
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
After 3 seasons or whatever you think you guys would get that the line combos don't mean ****

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:30 PM
  #324
Cmox
Registered User
 
Cmox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Posts: 4,259
vCash: 500
I'm sure this has been said but why want the heartache of losing in the playoffs? The Rangers are really good at breaking us fan's hearts. If they do make the playoffs it just prolongs that ****** feeling. Maybe this is just my hangover sadness from last night's loss talking? I dunno, 99% of me wants them to make the playoffs but that 1% just knows if they do then the outcome is already known. #sappysapperton

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:36 PM
  #325
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I'm sure this has been said but why want the heartache of losing in the playoffs? The Rangers are really good at breaking us fan's hearts. If they do make the playoffs it just prolongs that ****** feeling. Maybe this is just my hangover sadness from last night's loss talking? I dunno, 99% of me wants them to make the playoffs but that 1% just knows if they do then the outcome is already known. #sappysapperton
We don't have a 1st this year so losing in 4 games to the penguins to me is preferable to giving Columbus a pick that could theoretically be 1st overall.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.