HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit's #1 plus smith for your top 10 pick

Old
04-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Soft Rock Renegade

vCash: 500
Detroit's #1 plus smith for your top 10 pick

detroits looking to have a pick in the 13-18 range but wants to move into the top 10 to grab a center or goal scoring winger (such as monahan, barkov, lindholm). teams that might have that kind of pick and need help on defense include Philly and Edmonton. are there other teams out there? if you're a fan of these teams, does this kind of trade interest you? brendan smith has been disappointing this year but has at least second pairing/1st pp unit potential.

Soft Rock Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:35 AM
lampshade*

Oilers accept this offer, as long as the fab 5, our core, the young guns aren't in the proposal wel will do it.

lampshade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:05 AM
Snotbubbles

The Flyers would as well.

Snotbubbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Jack de la Hoya

This is similar to the Flyers pick for PHX + Rundblad.

But they need to stop winning...

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Jacko95

As a Tampa fan I would do it, IF the pick is in the top15 and Tampa is not in the top 6.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Koto

so your saying smith didn't turn out to be a lidstrom replacement?

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
Shocker, eh.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:06 AM
Koto

so exactly how high of a pick would you need? i don't think youre getting any of the prospects you want at 9/10

I'd have no problem sending the 7/8 for that package, higher might be iffy.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:08 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft Rock Renegade View Post
detroits looking to have a pick in the 13-18 range but wants to move into the top 10 to grab a center or goal scoring winger (such as monahan, barkov, lindholm). teams that might have that kind of pick and need help on defense include Philly and Edmonton. are there other teams out there? if you're a fan of these teams, does this kind of trade interest you? brendan smith has been disappointing this year but has at least second pairing/1st pp unit potential.
I would say the Oilers past . The way we are dropping in the standings We can get our much needed 2 C with size . With our young D coming up i think with a big 2 C and redo our bottom 6 . We will be a much better team . The we can trade Gagner for a D man to do use for a while . Get Potter the **** off the Ice

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 04-17-2013 at 01:22 PM.
supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Haha @ OP. Patience, man!

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:11 AM
crashman

Quote:
What are you thinking? Why would the Wings give away Smith to move up less than 10 picks in the draft? Ken Holland would never do it.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:13 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
As a Tampa fan I would do it, IF the pick is in the top15 and Tampa is not in the top 6.
I'm not sure the Wings do it unless Lindholm/Monahan are still there.

Quote:
He never was supposed to be the Lidstrom replacement. I don't know of any Wings fans on this site that we're parading him around calling him the next Lidstrom.

I think most of us expected him to be an okay #4/5 this year who should end up advancing to a #3/4 by the end of the year. He got hurt and it through off his development a bit. I'm still high on him & I still think he can become a top pairing defender in this league. There aren't many defenders in this league who have the potential to be a mean, offensive #2 dman.

I would consider moving him for a pick in the top 10 depending on who's left. They'd have to be a forward, and it'd more than likely have to be for one of Lindholm/Barkov/Nichushkin. While D should become a position of strength in the next 2-3 years it's still very much an NHL level weakness so we can't go trading away our best & brightest piece for anything less then for someone that has a shot at being a #1C.

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:18 AM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
What are you thinking? Why would the Wings give away Smith to move up less than 10 picks in the draft? Ken Holland would never do it.
Because in 2-3 years Smith may become expendable and we don't have a prospect with a legit chance at being a #1C. Jarnkrok hopefully will become our #2, Sheahan I'd like to see more of in the AHL but he could be a weak #2/strong #3 for us. If/when Datsyuk leaves we only have 2-3 maybe 4 years of #1C production from Z. If we can trade an asset to fill a hole it kinda makes sense.

However we are filling a hole we may not even have while creating another one in the present so the Wings brass better sure of whoever they pick with the pick.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:26 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
He turned out to be a Rookie Dman. What a tragedy.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:30 AM
ronnyweed

Detroit passes on this

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Jurky
Put me on the PP FFS

If this can move them up into the 6-10 range and Lindholm is still on the board I'd do it (and I'm a massive fan of Smith), the Wing's prospect pool is very deep on the back-end and Smith may be expendable in a few years especially with Kindl's marked improvement this season. Detroit's prospects with legit top 6 center potential starts and ends with Jarnkrok and that just won't do with Z's decline and Pavel's uncertain future.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Soft Rock Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post

He never was supposed to be the Lidstrom replacement. I don't know of any Wings fans on this site that we're parading him around calling him the next Lidstrom.

I think most of us expected him to be an okay #4/5 this year who should end up advancing to a #3/4 by the end of the year. He got hurt and it through off his development a bit. I'm still high on him & I still think he can become a top pairing defender in this league. There aren't many defenders in this league who have the potential to be a mean, offensive #2 dman.

I would consider moving him for a pick in the top 10 depending on who's left. They'd have to be a forward, and it'd more than likely have to be for one of Lindholm/Barkov/Nichushkin. While D should become a position of strength in the next 2-3 years it's still very much an NHL level weakness so we can't go trading away our best & brightest piece for anything less then for someone that has a shot at being a #1C.
I'm thinking the draft goes:
1 jones
2 McKinnon
3 drouin
4 nichukin
5 Barlov
6 lindholm
7 monahan

at worst. a few dmen will probably be sprinkled in so Detroit can safely get at least monahan at 8-10

Old
04-17-2013, 12:02 PM
Soft Rock Renegade

Quote:
Because in 2-3 years Smith may become expendable and we don't have a prospect with a legit chance at being a #1C. Jarnkrok hopefully will become our #2, Sheahan I'd like to see more of in the AHL but he could be a weak #2/strong #3 for us. If/when Datsyuk leaves we only have 2-3 maybe 4 years of #1C production from Z. If we can trade an asset to fill a hole it kinda makes sense.

However we are filling a hole we may not even have while creating another one in the present so the Wings brass better sure of whoever they pick with the pick.
thanks for posting my reply better than I could have...

Old
04-17-2013, 12:04 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Give me a break Smith Is'nt going anywhere, Smith played a partial season last year and is pretty much playing a half of season this year and your already going to say that he's playing disappointingly He's still young and pretty much a rookie. The only way that Smith is traded is for a monster package like part of a deal to get either Weber and or Yandle. Detroit has put to much time and effort just to let Smith go now.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:06 PM
SchultzSquared

As an Oilers fan would definitely do this if pick is 4-10... Smith is something we could use and we have other picks to package with the 1st to move up again... we seem to like Bo Horvat and Lazar and with prospect depth we can give up those 2nds easier than other teams to get our guy while also getting Smith

SchultzSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 12:44 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
I'm thinking the draft goes:
1 jones
2 McKinnon
3 drouin
4 nichukin
5 Barlov
6 lindholm
7 monahan

at worst. a few dmen will probably be sprinkled in so Detroit can safely get at least monahan at 8-10
I'm not 100% sure which way the draft goes either, I think with there being so many high end players that it may come down to need. If we were to use todays standings my rough draft would be something like this:

1. Florida - Mackinnon
2. Colorado - Jones
3. Calgary - Drouin
4. Carolina - Lindholm/Barkov
5. Nashivlle - Lindholm/Barkov
6. Tampa Bay - Nichushkin
7. Edmonton - Nurse/Monahan
8. New Jersey - Shinkaruk
9. Philadelphia - Nurse/Zadorov
10. Buffalo - Ristolainen

So in order for us to get that #1C prospect we'd have to trade up to 4/5th overall, or hope that Lindholm/Barkov drop. I'm not a huge fan of Monahan's I don't think enough of the offense will translate to the NHL so instead of being a #1C he'll be more of J.Staal, 55-65 points a year while being a big body that can be used in any situation. I wouldn't give up Smith+our 1st for him.

The other problem is that Nashville needs an offensive star so they won't be moving there pick & I believe Carolina also could use some offensive depth in their pool. I'm not sure that either team would be tempted by that offer, perhaps something around Nyquist+1st could work but who knows.

Quote:
thanks for posting my reply better than I could have...

You're welcome. I can see the logic behind it and while I'm not sure if I would do it I'd be willing to explore the options to see what we could get.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:48 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Well, I think both/ at least one will be available after the #6 pick. I expect Nishuchkin and Nurse to go in front of them and those are the guys Tampa will look for the most, that's why I said #6.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Ishad

24 year old Dman not an allstar after 42 total NHL games played? Trade him to move up a few spots in the draft. Can't argue with that logic.

Ishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:04 PM
tfong

Only if we get Jones otherwise I keep smith and hope pulock falls to our pick.

tfong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Once again, because a guy didnt step in as a rookie and be Lidstrom, some Detroit fans are willing to throw him out to move up 7-10 spaces in a draft.

Very short way of thinking.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote