HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

Lady Advice Thread XXXII: You Look Good, Gurl

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Consensus on kissing on the first date? I've only recently started meeting new people (past were girls I met at school, and eventually crushed on them, etc.), and I'm not sure if I'm expected to do so, or if it's a case by case thing?
Case by case definitely.

Old
04-17-2013, 05:41 AM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
You said she's beautiful but is there chemistry, physical or otherwise?
There is, we share the same taste of music, and distaste for mainstream music and culture. She is quite cultural herself (traveled places, has some stories), which is great since I am a student cultural sciences and also very cultural.

She's not 100%! fit (who is, right?) but that will never be an issue with me, there is always something you could criticize about the body or face of someone. I can not in this case. She is gorgeous ... Also she's quite tall, which is a nice change. Usually the chicks are much smaller than I am, I'm quite big on the other hand ^^

Not sure, what exactly you mean by physical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Lol, repressing emotions is never a good thing. When they come up, simply let them be there. Don't resist the emotions you're feeling at any given moment.
I'll try to follow your advice. It has been very difficult since my ex, was quite extreme on the feelings exageration list ... but I believe it is finally time to move on.

Old
04-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Public display of affection. I'm okay with it if I'm just out in public but I am not okay with if I'm in a group.
What a typically (North) American thing to complain about!

Swedes are both a very jealous people and infamously reserved in public, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone complaining about others holding hands, kissing, sitting in their partners lap, fidgeting with hair or any of the other things couples do.

Of course teenagers sometimes overdo it, but that's just a natural part of being a teenager.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:28 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

its funny that if the guys in this thread told the girl their problems instead of a message board, theyd be a lot better off

Old
04-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Maybe this is the outlet I need.

Think I've had enough. Been with my gf for 2 years. Her ex cheated and she has trust issues to say the least. She demands to check my phone all the time to spy on what I'm doing (nothing). The biggest problem is that my best friend is a girl living in another country for a year and so we keep in touch, my gf hates her. She doesn't get it that we've known each other our whole lives and has basically set up an ultimatum.

I didn't mind her going through my phone and I let her read all my texts, etc. as I've nothing to hide from her. I try to be understanding that she's been hurt before, but come on, enough is enough. Trust me, she knows I hate it, we argue about it all the time. I think I know it's over, but I'm still really into her.

Old
04-17-2013, 12:33 PM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff Master View Post
Maybe this is the outlet I need.

Think I've had enough. Been with my gf for 2 years. Her ex cheated and she has trust issues to say the least. She demands to check my phone all the time to spy on what I'm doing (nothing). The biggest problem is that my best friend is a girl living in another country for a year and so we keep in touch, my gf hates her. She doesn't get it that we've known each other our whole lives and has basically set up an ultimatum.

I didn't mind her going through my phone and I let her read all my texts, etc. as I've nothing to hide from her. I try to be understanding that she's been hurt before, but come on, enough is enough. Trust me, she knows I hate it, we argue about it all the time. I think I know it's over, but I'm still really into her.

Well, whats more important to you? a piece ass or your sanity ...

Old
04-17-2013, 12:46 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN88 View Post
Well, whats more important to you? a piece ass or your sanity ...
First one is obvious

Old
04-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Guess I'll just have to be insane.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:07 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Ugghhh **** me! Why do I struggle so hard to let go?

Old
04-17-2013, 01:11 PM
flyersguy33*

heading to Montreal with Gurl for the weekend. ahhh yeahhh

Old
04-17-2013, 01:17 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Guess I'll just have to be insane.
Dude, you're a *****. You let your woman go through your personal **** like you're her ****ing child. Grow some god damn balls and be your own man.

You think it's gonna get any better? You're gonna move in with her/marry her and hear a confrontation every time you come home late from work? Pathetic.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:40 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

I'm having trouble moving on from this one girl and I feel like the biggest idiot. I was doing fine when my roommate still lived here as her and I were close friends and I needed a female in my life just as a friend but since she was an immature, selfish, disrespect, ****, she ended up moving back to Florida and now I keep thinking about the girl I can't let go of. I even had a god dam dream about her last night. UGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! I wish I didn't have such a hard time starting up conversations with women. I'm fine once the balls rolling but getting the ball rolling is the hard part.

Sorry guys. Just needed to get that out.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Dude, you're a *****. You let your woman go through your personal **** like you're her ****ing child. Grow some god damn balls and be your own man.

You think it's gonna get any better? You're gonna move in with her/marry her and hear a confrontation every time you come home late from work? Pathetic.
Yeah, I know, that's the problem. She's got me so ****ing twisted that it's my fault when I get pissed at her for spying on everything I do. "Well if you have nothing to hide then we wouldn't even be arguing".

Old
04-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Kitten Mittons

That's how Congress defends the Patriot Act.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:49 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Yeah, I know, that's the problem. She's got me so ****ing twisted that it's my fault when I get pissed at her for spying on everything I do. "Well if you have nothing to hide then we wouldn't even be arguing".
I'm not one to really talk but that's a ****ed up situation. She's let her past control her present and future and you're the one that has to suffer through it.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:53 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Quote:
Man, I've been in your spot where the girl is spying on me thinking I'm always up to something and its infuriating. It will not improve unless you lay down the law. I told her straight up, either you stop this crap and start trusting me or its done. There is no point in carrying on if she can't take your word at face value and believe it.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:57 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

The fact that they've been together for 2 years is gonna make it very difficult.

Old
04-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Fluff Master
Registered n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Man, I've been in your spot where the girl is spying on me thinking I'm always up to something and its infuriating. It will not improve unless you lay down the law. I told her straight up, either you stop this crap and start trusting me or its done. There is no point in carrying on if she can't take your word at face value and believe it.
Yeah I think it's past time to end it. She knows I'm at my limit, we had a big argument over the weekend, we fight about it all the time. It's just gotten really bad since she found out I talk to my old friend all the time still. She wants to "talk" aka make-up and have me forget to be mad again, I guess it's time to just call it quits.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:16 PM
shortshorts
The OG Kesler Hater

I always "win" these type of arguments by just using yes-no logic, and trapping the girl in their own loop.

"Do you trust me?"
"Yes"
"So why do you keep spying on me?"
"..."

If the girl react's illogically then you should be sprinting out the door.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat sauce View Post
heading to Montreal with Gurl for the weekend. ahhh yeahhh
Gratxz

Old
04-17-2013, 05:50 PM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke89 View Post
I'm having trouble moving on from this one girl and I feel like the biggest idiot. I was doing fine when my roommate still lived here as her and I were close friends and I needed a female in my life just as a friend but since she was an immature, selfish, disrespect, ****, she ended up moving back to Florida and now I keep thinking about the girl I can't let go of. I even had a god dam dream about her last night. UGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! I wish I didn't have such a hard time starting up conversations with women. I'm fine once the balls rolling but getting the ball rolling is the hard part.

Sorry guys. Just needed to get that out.
Its cool brother. Many have been there.

Unfortunately what you have takes time. Try going out, if thats not what you can do, then you might just have work it out with yourself.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:04 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN88 View Post
Its cool brother. Many have been there.

Unfortunately what you have takes time. Try going out, if thats not what you can do, then you might just have work it out with yourself.
Yeah trying to work it out with myself for now. But I do have two roommates that work at a club in Atlanta. I should probably go out or something soon. Don't really like the club scene. More of a bar type of guy. Need to just go out with some friends and get my mind off of her.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:10 PM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke89 View Post
Yeah trying to work it out with myself for now. But I do have two roommates that work at a club in Atlanta. I should probably go out or something soon. Don't really like the club scene. More of a bar type of guy. Need to just go out with some friends and get my mind off of her.
Do that.

I feel you ... if you are more of a long term relation type of guy, then bars certainly suit better. Jazz can work magic , is Atlanta jazzy?

You now you dont have to hang at the dudes bars, go with them somewhere else. (I guess booze would be cheaper at the boyz though )

Clubs, I find, are rather difficult ... seems to me that is makes hook ups more difficult. Rather go there with your gurl and shake one.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

I met a girl from Greece last night. She studies sculpture at St. Martin's. We were talking, and she just blurts out how her dad's loaded. So I got pretty interested. She kept going on about she wants to sleep with a normal person. I took her to a supermarket. It didn't really go anywhere after that.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:30 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
If the girl reacts illogically then you should be sprinting out the door.
So you're basically never in a relationship then?

Closed Thread