HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan White suspended 5 games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2013, 02:44 PM
  #26
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I don't see how its too harsh. Ryan White took a lengthy run at huskins, and didn't hit anything but his jaw clean on. It was completely reckless (which is what White is), and totally unnecessary. I blame him for the loss to the Flyers. Hard to get in a game when you take stupid penalties like that and wake up the opposition.
uhhh no. Flyers had a 2-0 lead. That's not what "woke them up". In fact they were barely awake, our D was so bad it was boring for them to play against.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:46 PM
  #27
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Back in time for the playoffs good. Seriously don't understand the idea that we don't need heart, energy and grit on our 4th line heading into the playoffs.



you think he will get a 4th or 5th chance in the playoffs??


Id rather play Dumont. White is a loose canon.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:46 PM
  #28
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
I don't see how its too harsh. Ryan White took a lengthy run at huskins, and didn't hit anything but his jaw clean on. It was completely reckless (which is what White is), and totally unnecessary. I blame him for the loss to the Flyers. Hard to get in a game when you take stupid penalties like that and wake up the opposition.
Surely not because he put us on the PK for a net sum of one minute? Because that's not when the Flyers scored their seven goals.

I don't particularly like chippy dirty hockey but if (when) it happens in the playoffs because we're up 4-0 late against the leaf or the broons I sure as hell don't want Plekanec out there I want White.

I agree he's made bad choices and now has a (his first) suspension but when gritty guys make bad choices that's what happens.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:47 PM
  #29
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,549
vCash: 500
It was a headshot with a player in a vulnerable position. I'm cool with a suspension. I'm actually okay with it being 5 games but in comparison with other hits this is out of whack. I'd expected 3 games.

These kinds of hits SHOULD be penalized more but I don't get why it's only the 4th line guys who get these kinds of suspensions. Elbow to the head is 3 but this hit is 5? No consistency at all.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:49 PM
  #30
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post


you think he will get a 4th or 5th chance in the playoffs??

Id rather play Dumont. White is a loose canon.
We'll see. Therrien playing White would be bold.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:52 PM
  #31
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
It was a headshot with a player in a vulnerable position. I'm cool with a suspension. I'm actually okay with it being 5 games but in comparison with other hits this is out of whack. I'd expected 3 games.

These kinds of hits SHOULD be penalized more but I don't get why it's only the 4th line guys who get these kinds of suspensions. Elbow to the head is 3 but this hit is 5? No consistency at all.
Ya agree, it's not so much that 5 games is too much for a vicious hit, more than it's inconsistent.

I love how the NHL allows post whistle abuse of Gallagher with punches to his twice-concussed head. Those weren't even facewashes, it was three guys cross checking him in the face.

Joke league is joke.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:54 PM
  #32
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 500
wow, compared to similar incidents, it's harsh at 5 games, esp. for a 1st time offender. That said, I wouldn't complain if the NHL was consistent but they're not. If Lucic or some other big name made the same hit, he'd get nothing or 1 or 2 games at most. Bogus

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:58 PM
  #33
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score
 
MoldyCakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 7,976
vCash: 500
Steckel got nothing.

League is out to get us.

MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:01 PM
  #34
haburger*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,592
vCash: 500
5 games is a joke.huskins is lookin right at ryan and stumbles at the last second too.way to be consistent shanny

haburger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:02 PM
  #35
DogsFan*
GHG
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Surely not because he put us on the PK for a net sum of one minute? Because that's not when the Flyers scored their seven goals.

I don't particularly like chippy dirty hockey but if (when) it happens in the playoffs because we're up 4-0 late against the leaf or the broons I sure as hell don't want Plekanec out there I want White.

I agree he's made bad choices and now has a (his first) suspension but when gritty guys make bad choices that's what happens.
It has nothing to do with PP time. The momentum changed and the Flyers had a fire lit under their ass the whole night as a result of the hit. Plus they turned up their physical game and Ryder is now hurt because of it.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:03 PM
  #36
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
We'll see. Therrien playing White would be bold.
If by bold you mean stupid then yes I agree,

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:07 PM
  #37
Ollie Williams
Registered User
 
Ollie Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,190
vCash: 50
So I can imagine if he were a repeat offender, it would be a 6+ game suspension.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:09 PM
  #38
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go
 
canadiensnation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,528
vCash: 500
I can't wait to see what Shanahan does with the next suspension.

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:12 PM
  #39
dcal64
Registered User
 
dcal64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 704
vCash: 500
Can someone explain to me why this hit is worth 5 games, but Cowen's hit to the head that destroyed Skinner yesterday is not even a penalty?

Both hits are shoulder on head as far as I can see.

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:12 PM
  #40
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,482
vCash: 500
I have nothing against the suspension except that the league is using a 4th liner to make themselves look like they are taking headshots more seriously than they are. Shanahan is a coward.

The sad thing is I can see this making White even more cautious than he was by being benched.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:13 PM
  #41
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,283
vCash: 883
I still say he can develop into a Prust/Asham type player. Just needs to get a little more smarter.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:16 PM
  #42
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle
 
JLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
It has nothing to do with PP time. The momentum changed and the Flyers had a fire lit under their ass the whole night as a result of the hit. Plus they turned up their physical game and Ryder is now hurt because of it.
It is a real stretch to blame White for Ryder's injury, I don't know if you are taking it that far. In the playoffs all Habs' opponents will play with more fire, time to get used to it. White should play, unless maybe Blunden steps up as the mean and physical forward. BTW on the back end we've added Weber, would like to see Pateryn get another chance there.


Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
If by bold you mean stupid then yes I agree,
Hehehe. No, I meant "bold," and would send a message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I still say he can develop into a Prust/Asham type player. Just needs to get a little more smarter.
I wonder if Prust has talked to White, IMHO the guidance might be beneficial.

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:17 PM
  #43
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
That was his last game in habs uniform, i think.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:18 PM
  #44
25get
Registered User
 
25get's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,945
vCash: 500
Given other players suspension, 5 games is way too much.
Looking at:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=239958
or
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=239958
or plenty of others... White should have gotten 1 or 2 games.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:18 PM
  #45
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,753
vCash: 500
Am I the only one who thinks this is perfectly fine? Holy crap guys, he gave Huskins a CONCUSSION from that hit, which was aimed directly at his head! How the hell is it too much?!

This is seriously a perfectly fine suspension. White has shown his recklessness before, how is this not much deserved? Damn guys, wake up.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:21 PM
  #46
Bobby G
Registered User
 
Bobby G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Whatever.

Shanahan is a joke and so is Ryan White.

Next.
Agreed, both continue to amaze me

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:22 PM
  #47
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher
 
BigNumber1Centre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Back in time for the playoffs good. Seriously don't understand the idea that we don't need heart, energy and grit on our 4th line heading into the playoffs.
I completely agree with this. A lot of our fan base has been harsh and ridiculous about him this week. Its embarrassing and doesn't reflect well on us, trashing our guy in front of everyone else like that.

The way I see it is, we all wanted a guy to help out Prust with the dirty work. The more White can contribute, the less chances Prust has of getting hurt again. I'm sure Therrien can put him in his place without benching him for the remainder of the season. White is still young (25), so he's still prone to boneheaded mistakes. No need to crucify him for it.

BigNumber1Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:25 PM
  #48
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this is perfectly fine? Holy crap guys, he gave Huskins a CONCUSSION from that hit, which was aimed directly at his head! How the hell is it too much?!

This is seriously a perfectly fine suspension. White has shown his recklessness before, how is this not much deserved? Damn guys, wake up.
I agree completely, the problem is the league itself has singled out White for some reason. Players should have been getting similar suspensions already.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:25 PM
  #49
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,604
vCash: 500
Shanahan is out to get our opposition.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:27 PM
  #50
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I agree completely, the problem is the league itself has singled out White for some reason. Players should have been getting similar suspensions already.
While I agree with what you are saying about the inconsistency of their suspensions, I feel this suspension length is pretty appropriate.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.