HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Young-ish NHL Ready Goalie to NJ

Old
04-17-2013, 01:23 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I think you should pay attention to the goalies that have actually been traded lately, im not talking about Luongo:

Varlamov, Bishop, Lindback who Bernier is comparable to.
Hes better then all of them imo and im guessing our gms as well. We dont have to trade him hes still rfa and we really dont have a replacement. I understand you may not feel this and i repect that but when everything that has been said by the respected tsn journelists says a 1st + also said by our gm im going to tend to belive that

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:24 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Flames offer Irving. He really isn't all that bad, just hasn't been given a real shot this year.

tyflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
He wasnt and still isnt being shop on the market Yes they are listening to offers but there not shopping him. The kings were offered according to Bob McKenzie a 1st and connelly at last years trade deadline so laugh all you want your wrong in ur assumption. Jb was and still is a important part of our defending cup run. Hes 9 2 1 which to me means hes doing a great backup job. Dl has said he wasnt shopping him he needed to be on the team cause we have no backup ready.
Well Brian Connelly is a 27 year old career AHL player and plays for the Calgary org. So this would have been basicly the 14th overall pick in an average draft for Bernier. Would have been overpayment, but it's still far away from a top10 pick (this year) AND a good prospect.

Not to mention that Varlamov was younger when he was traded, he had better career numbers, behind a worser D. So I can't see why Bernier should get a better return than Varlamov.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:37 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Neuvirth should at or near the top of your list. What would you give up for him? He's a RFA.

Edit: Caps would ideally be looking for a 2LD.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:39 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Neuvirth for a couple of 2nds sounds good

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:40 PM
CanadienShark

What would you offer for Greiss? He's not been given much of a chance in SJS. He's a very capable back-up with starter potential. Until Niemi tore it up this season, some thought Greiss might steal the starting job.

We'd be looking for picks and speedy forward prospects. Unfortunately I don't know NJ's prospect pool well. Do you have any forwards that could fit the bill? We'd also take young players.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 01:46 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Well Brian Connelly is a 27 year old career AHL player and plays for the Calgary org. So this would have been basicly the 14th overall pick in an average draft for Bernier. Would have been overpayment, but it's still far away from a top10 pick (this year) AND a good prospect.

Not to mention that Varlamov was younger when he was traded, he had better career numbers, behind a worser D. So I can't see why Bernier should get a better return than Varlamov.
first off wrong connelly im talking Brett Connolly who is 20 years old rw for tampa bay. and at the trade deadline the pick was top 10 potentially. The kings rightfully turned it down because quick wasnt signed long term.

Varamov isnt as good as bernier imo this can be debated thou. As said before if you don't think hes worth it its not like were coming to u trying to trade him. The kings have his rights and dont have to trade him at all Kings hold all the cards in a trade simply cause jb has no real power to get himself traded.

Old
04-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
first off wrong connelly im talking Brett Connolly who is 20 years old rw for tampa bay. and at the trade deadline the pick was top 10 potentially. The kings rightfully turned it down because quick wasnt signed long term.
I knew, I am a Tampa fan, I was just playing around.
But seriously, I highly doubt, Tampa offered Connolly and our first for him. This is the price Buffallo fans thinking of Miller and Millers value is by far higher than JBs. JB is a good young goaltender, but he is playing behind a good defense and nobody knows, if he will be able to put the same numbers behind a worser D. I expect him to become a starter somewhere soon, but he is still risky and you never pay that much for a risk. Connolly has everything to become a superstar or at least a good first line winger and add a high first to that?... No way. I think Connolly for JB straight up would have been a fair deal, but now Tampa is set anyways.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 04-17-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:03 PM
KingCanadain1976

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
I knew, I am a Tampa fan, I just wanted to troll around a little bit
But seriously, I highly doubt, Tampa offered Connolly and our first for him. This is the price Buffallo fans thinking of Miller and Millers value is by far higher than JBs. JB is a good young goaltender, but he is playing behind a good defense and nobody knows, if he will be able to put the same numbers behind a worser D. I expect him to become a starter somewhere soon, but he is still risky and you never pay that much for a risk. Connolly has everything to become a superstar or at least a good first line winger and add a high first to that?... No way. I think Connolly for JB straight up would have been a fair deal, but now Tampa is set anyways.

fair enuff troll away lol Well the exact quote from bob was tampa offered a first and a top prospect which later was belived to be connelly. Comparing millar to jb isnt a fair comparison. MIlliar is a different type of goalie. If your looking proven vetern fine yes millar is probly the best option out there ( leaving out the contracts lougno would be better thou) but your looking at paying alot more off our cap for a decllining goalie . Where as with jb you get him cheaper for a few more years an hopefully he ll get better as he grows into the full time starter. IM not going to tell you which is better that ur choice. Your also not remembering at the time of the offer u didnt have bishop or linback and the rest of ur young goalies were a a year more away. Also Connelly wasnt the player he is today. The kings also didnt have a goalie at the time they would have been comfortable playing should jb get hurt.

Old
04-17-2013, 02:06 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
Flames offer Irving. He really isn't all that bad, just hasn't been given a real shot this year.
If we trade Irving its going to bite us in the ass, he can be a good goalie.

Hes probably done with the organization either way.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:08 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Scrivens for a 4th.

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:13 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
Scrivens for a 4th.
Ben Scrivens for solely a NJD 4th?

I'd do that.

MJMazzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Huh ??? He is a far from a bust
Then why not promote him ?

Altimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Jerzey Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus View Post
Not ready =/= a bust.

Jerzey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:31 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Scrivens? I would think his price would in the Lindbäck, area since dispite a rough game last night he's been significantly better then Lindbäck,

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 02:33 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
Scrivens for a 4th.
so he's been better then Lindbäck,but isn't worth 10% of Lindbäck,value? how does that work

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Nolan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
What would you offer for Greiss? He's not been given much of a chance in SJS. He's a very capable back-up with starter potential. Until Niemi tore it up this season, some thought Greiss might steal the starting job.

We'd be looking for picks and speedy forward prospects. Unfortunately I don't know NJ's prospect pool well. Do you have any forwards that could fit the bill? We'd also take young players.
Greiss is a seriously good option for the devils to consider. Since he is UFA and unlikely to be re-signed by Sharks, they should be able to sign him without giving up any assets. If they wanted to work a sign and trade deal with us, we would get maybe a 7th.

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus View Post
because he is 20 years old and not ready yet

that does not mean he is a bust.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Holtbyisms
L-O-S-E LOSELOSELOSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
after the crappy season he had, I have to believe Johan Hedberg will retire. He still has 1 year left on his contract but since its a relatively small cap hit (35+ deal) it won't be a big deal.

I hate giving up assets for goaltending but its clear Brodeur is on his last legs and the Devils need not only a capable backup but someone who can step in and play 25 games per year. Kinkaid and Wedgewood look like they need at least 1 more year before they can be relied upon. and no, players like Henrique or Larsson are not available. the Devils have a plethora of young D prospects, and a few seem to be NHL ready.

I guess they could always sign someone but I am just wondering if they could somehow acquire one from a team with extra goalies.

and NO, not Luongo.
McPhee would love to get fleeced for a third liner and an average prospect for Michael Neuvirth.

But no really, Neuvirth could probably be a starter. Not superstar potential but certainly a top 15-20 goaltender most nights and top 10-15 on his good nights when he's given the reigns.

Holtbyisms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Jonathan Bernier to New Jersey for a mid level prospect and New Jersey's 1st rounder would make sense to me.
Not gonna happen. NJ has a top 10 pick. Bernier to NYI for there 2013 1st more likely.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Brooklanders*

Quote:

Varamov isnt as good as bernier imo this can be debated thou. As said before if you don't think hes worth it its not like were coming to u trying to trade him. The kings have his rights and dont have to trade him at all Kings hold all the cards in a trade simply cause jb has no real power to get himself traded.
Bernier wants to start. He has requested a trade.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
The kings have his rights and dont have to trade him at all Kings hold all the cards in a trade simply cause jb has no real power to get himself traded.
He has the power to sign a sheet. The pick cost of the sheet sets Bernier's high value to the Kings. Unless Bernier is signed or in LAK's pocket, LAKs hold some cards but not all.

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Fat Elvis

Bernier+Martinez/King+
for
Urbom+2nd+1st 2015

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 03:55 PM
AmeriHab

Does NJ have a first still? I thought they had to forfeit one bc of the cap penalty a few years back and didn't last year with the 29th pick. Could be wrong

AmeriHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Adam Spylo

To New Jersey:
Dustin Tokarski

To Montreal:
Damon Severson

Add a late pick if the value is unfair.

Adam Spylo is offline   Reply With Quote