HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Young-ish NHL Ready Goalie to NJ

Old
04-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Spylo View Post
To New Jersey:
Dustin Tokarski

To Montreal:
Damon Severson

Add a late pick if the value is unfair.
No chance

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:58 PM
NJD1982

Quote:
To New Jersey:
Dustin Tokarski

To Montreal:
Damon Severson

Severson is valued very highly by the organization, no way he is traded.

NJD1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Zippy316

Not worth it for us to part assets for goalie with more pressing and unaddressed needs at forward.

Keep our assets for an upgrade at forward. If we are in search of a goalie this offseason, it means Hedberg has retired. I'd much rather see us sign someone like Khudobin who is a UFA this offseason for nothing than part with quality assets for a Bernier or Neuvirth.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
To New Jersey:
Dustin Tokarski

To Montreal:
Damon Severson

Severson is pretty much untouchable. Considering that his trade value isn't high enough to make it worth it or beneficial to trade him. Especially since his future looks really bright and he's got the tools to be a great player in the mold of a guy like Keith and Suter. Not saying he becomes that though.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:17 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Does NJ have a first still? I thought they had to forfeit one bc of the cap penalty a few years back and didn't last year with the 29th pick. Could be wrong
they don't have to do it until next year. and with a top 10 pick this year and the draft being in NJ, they arent doing it this year.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:29 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYnKNIGHTS View Post
Bernier wants to start. He has requested a trade.
ahhh not quite read here http://mayorsmanor.com/2013/01/lokti...rsManor.com%29

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
This thread is the exact reason they wont be trading for a goalie. We will not be giving up a valuable piece such as (Severson,1st Rounder , Merrill ) to get a young goalie

The most Im willing to give up is a 2nd Rounder or some Mid Level Prospects such as Urbom

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:34 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
He has the power to sign a sheet. The pick cost of the sheet sets Bernier's high value to the Kings. Unless Bernier is signed or in LAK's pocket, LAKs hold some cards but not all.
They match any offer sheet less then 3.5 not that im worried about any one giving a offer sheet for him. If they didnt get drew im not worried about jb. Anything over that is a decent compensationn 1st and 3rd which we are close to what were asking and he would be over payed for the rfa contract period. Would be cheaper in the long run to just trade a player and same 1st pick and sign him to a cheaper contract.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:38 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Bernier+Martinez/King+
for
Urbom+2nd+1st 2015
nope no need for a defenseman and adding martinez or king + isnt happening an this year is the frist we would need not 15

Old
04-17-2013, 06:46 PM
hlaverty06

Set some things straight

Not moving our 1st
Not moving Henrique
Not moving Larsson

I don't even want Bernier as a Devils fan, I really don't think he will be a starter for us

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:53 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Set some things straight

Not moving our 1st
Not moving Henrique
Not moving Larsson

I don't even want Bernier as a Devils fan, I really don't think he will be a starter for us
No one said you have to. Jb will not be traded for scraps. Its your fellow fans asking us for his price not us asking you for stuff for him. Now that we understand each other better i dont see a trade with kings and devils happening.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
If you want Schneider, it would be at a very high price. Eddie Lack who is NHL ready but injured atm could be available but I don't think the Devils will be willing to give up what the Canucks would want. (1st round pick)

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
If you want Schneider, it would be at a very high price. Eddie Lack who is NHL ready but injured atm could be available but I don't think the Devils will be willing to give up what the Canucks would want. (1st round pick)
It makes zero chance for us to trade Lack. He's basically a ready-made cheap backup to whomever we keep after the offseason, and his value is low due to his injury this season.

Although the truth is, if NJ doesn't want to give up quality assets, they won't get any quality assets. They can hope someone fills Brodeur's hole from within the organization, but if I were to bet, I would assume they'd have about as much luck as Detroit when they lost Lidstrom.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:07 PM
hlaverty06

Before everyone goes "You have to give to get"

I'm totally fine with signing a Vet and rolling with Kinkaid after Marty is done. I really don't even want Bernier. Something around Henrique and Schneider though I would do

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Before everyone goes "You have to give to get"

I'm totally fine with signing a Vet and rolling with Kinkaid after Marty is done. I really don't even want Bernier. Something around Henrique and Schneider though I would do
I posted earlier I would be okay dealing Schneider for Henrique + 2nd.

Although I'd like to know how effective Henrique is at wing. I believe he can play there as well as C, correct?

Old
04-17-2013, 07:16 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I posted earlier I would be okay dealing Schneider for Henrique + 2nd.

Although I'd like to know how effective Henrique is at wing. I believe he can play there as well as C, correct?
So you wouldn't trade Lack for a 1st round pick but you would trade Schneider? Interesting..

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:27 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
So you wouldn't trade Lack for a 1st round pick but you would trade Schneider? Interesting..
I would absolutely trade Lack for a 1st, but there's not a snowball's chance in you-know-where we get that for him. He's cheap and will shortly fill a need. He's more valuable to us than other teams. Schneider on the other hand, is more expendable to us than he would be to other teams, and we could use a player like Henrique more than we need Schneider, if we keep Luongo.

Old
04-17-2013, 07:55 PM
tmack224

I could see buffalo trading one of Enroth or Hackett at the draft if Miller isn't moved.

tmack224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Bernier seems like a no brainer. Doubt DL will get what he is asking for too.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Puckclektr

Isn't khudobin a UFa. Depending on what he fetches on the open market, wouldn't it be safe to put down about 2-2.5 over 2-3 years. He had proven to be hotter than a vezina candidate this year at times. Not saying he is going to be a hero, but he has had decent numbers at all levels. Do you give up a first Etc. for a guy like Bernier or nothing for this guy and after Marty is gone you have him as your #1 with kinkaid Wedgwood battling for backup. If he is not a legit #1 but a decent backup he really isn't overpaid. Gamble to take if there isn't much of a demand. Many goalies available this year via trade or free agency so he might not be worth to much money

Puckclektr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
with the organizational depth the Devils have they absolutely cannot afford to trade Henrique.

Old
04-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

Ahh.

I love coming to the trade board every once in awhile for some hilarity. And boy did I find it.

Eddie Lack for a 1st round pick, especially one that is likely to be Top 10? Goodness gracious. I'm sure Lou would consider dealing the 1st round pick for Schneider, but even then I think he'd back off from making it ultimately.

I could see Bernier having a price tag associated with him, but he's also a bit smaller and I don't love smaller goalies, especially not in today's NHL and a guy who quite honestly, while more experienced than Lindback, hasn't really been subjected to game time that would help one feel confident in his ability to become "the guy" now and in the future. I could see potentially Lou considering giving up the Devils 2nd this year (which will be Top 40) and a B prospect, but zero chance the Devils give up the 1st rounder. They need that to try and land a top-flight forward prospect.

In the end I think the Devils will look to acquire a veteran goalie as a stopgap for a few years until Wedgewood is ready or another goalie becomes available at a price more palatable.

You can bet the Devils have looked around the league and seen all these goalie trades recently and how much they have not lived up to the challenge in most cases. I think they'd be pretty wary of giving up assets for an unproven backup or a prospect. But we shall see. I think of all those names discussed, Bernier is the likeliest. Just too much smoke there with some of the rumors that have been popping since last offseason, the history and rapport between Lamoriello and Lombardi.

Traitor Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

I wouldn't think that Merrill is untouchable when it comes to trading for a young goalie.

The team has depth on D (both at NHL level and prospect level) and I would think a Merrill + pick (not 1st round) for Bernier is a fair deal.

Bernier is a former first round pick that has outplayed Quick this year. He is ready for a starting job.

Peter Sidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:33 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
with the organizational depth the Devils have they absolutely cannot afford to trade Henrique.
Can't Elias, Zajac, and Zubrus all play centre? If Hedberg or Brodeur retire this offseason, I'd think your goaltending depth would be considerably worse

Old
04-17-2013, 08:35 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Can't Elias, Zajac, and Zubrus all play centre? If Hedberg or Brodeur retire this offseason, I'd think your goaltending depth would be considerably worse
Elias is 37 (and UFA) and Zubrus is UFA. and yes Elias pretty much plays strictly center nowadays. Zubrus is much better suited as a winger anyways.

Brodeur isn't retiring. Hedberg might, but even an average backup would've been better than him this year. just sign someone in the worst case scenario.