HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Jakub Voracek

Old
04-17-2013, 04:49 PM
TeachMeHowtoDougie

vCash: 500
Jakub Voracek

hey guys Bruins fan here coming in peace...just a question about jakub voracek - how good do you guys think he will realistically be? has he pretty much reached his potential or is he going to get better? how many points do you guys see him putting up year to year moving forward? thanks guys.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 04-19-2013 at 12:25 PM.
TeachMeHowtoDougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 04:55 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachMeHowtoDougie View Post
hey guys Bruins fan here coming in peace...just a question about jakub voracek - how good do you guys think he will realistically be? has he pretty much reached his potential or is he going to get better? how many points do you guys see him putting up year to year moving forward? thanks guys.
I see him being a consistent 65-70 point winger, with the ability to play at a point per game a few seasons and maybe over a PPG in a very good season. That's a modest approach even. His talent level is definitely high.

He's only 23 and will get better. He's at a PPG this year on a team that's played horribly for long stretches, and he can still be more consistent and work on things like his shot and getting into better position for shots.

He has all the tools: size, speed, hands, work ethic, vision. It's just matter of refining and being more consistent, which he's seemed to take a step towards this year.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

I think he is only gonna get better from here. I've been impressed on how good he's been this year.

I'd also like to see him shoot more still, he has a shooting percent of 17.1 % which is pretty good.

I can see him produce 70+ if he continues to develop with Giroux on his line.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:28 PM
GTopCheese

As long as him and Giroux stay together on the same line, especially if we get a legit sniper for the LW, he'll be a PPG player for a long time. If he keeps working on his shot I could see him being a big time player. His shot was absolutely atrocious last year and he has seemed to have gotten better with it.

GTopCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 05:33 PM
TeachMeHowtoDougie

thanks for your feedback. follow up question - would you trade voracek for bobby ryan?

Old
04-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
thanks for your feedback. follow up question - would you trade voracek for bobby ryan?
No. Definitely not. I'd rather keep Voracek and pursue Ryan in FA.

04-17-2013, 05:53 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
If this was last year, I would have said yes.

This year? Considering voraceks development and the steps he's taken no. Especially considering Ryan is a UFA after next season and there's a high chance that hell sign here anyway.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
No, as stated if we can get Bobby Ryan through free agency, it'd be better than giving up anyone for him, including Jake.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
If this was last year, I would have said yes.

This year? Considering voraceks development and the steps he's taken no. Especially considering Ryan is a UFA after next season and there's a high chance that hell sign here anyway.
Ryan is a UFA in 2015 not after next year. He has two more left after the conclusion of this season.

I wouldn't mind trading for Ryan just because of his age. We can get him for an affordable price in the offseason I go for it. If it's Couts for him I don't make that deal. We can never guarantee that he will sign here either.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

I'd rather not sign Ryan as a UFA unless he looks like the missing piece to a cup run. He'll be 28, will get a ton of money over like 6 years, and won't be worth it.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I'd rather not sign Ryan as a UFA unless he looks like the missing piece to a cup run. He'll be 28, will get a ton of money over like 6 years, and won't be worth it.
I agree. He would be nice to have, but is not worth the attention he gets around here.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:47 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Ryan gets a ton of attention here because hes a local kid.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I agree. He would be nice to have, but is not worth the attention he gets around here.
Ryan also has scored 30 or more goals in every full season he has been in the NHL(barring his first-23 games and the lockout now) and averaged 62 points per year. He can skate like the wind and has great hands. Some of the most under rated moves in the NHL. He would be a welcomed addition to our top line with G

Ryan-Giroux-Voracek for 5 years is a great first line.

He gets a lot of attention because he is a hell of a player, but yes gets more attention because he is a local boy. He has deficiencies in his game(sometimes considered a floater) but overall he would be the best sniper this team has seen since Leclair and Gags with Forsberg.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:03 PM
TeachMeHowtoDougie

i guess i shouldve clarified my question better - not factoring in contracts/when the become FAs/etc, would you trade voracek for ryan? like just from a skills standpoint

Old
04-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Curufinwe

I wouldn't. I think Voracek can improve even further on what he has done this year.

Old
04-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
I wouldn't. I think Voracek can improve even further on what he has done this year.
I think I'm inclined to agree. Ryan is pretty much at his ceiling, Voracek probably has more room to improve.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Curufinwe

Anyone know why Ryan's goals are down so much this season? In a short season I guess it could just be bad luck.

Old
04-17-2013, 07:15 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Anyone know why Ryan's goals are down so much this season? In a short season I guess it could just be bad luck.
First his shots per game dropped last year, but his shooting percentage went up. This year they've stayed down and his percentage dropped.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:29 PM
Mgkibbles

I think he'll continue to hover around a ppg. He had all the skills before, just needed the gusto in the offensive zone, and now he seems to have that.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:43 PM
GTopCheese

I would consider trading Coots just because it seems like Laughton is lighting the world on fire right now so we're going to need some room for centers on this team.

GTopCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:53 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I think we're just beginning to see Jakub scratch the surface in terms of what kind of player he can become. He was thrown into the fire in Columbus with very few veteran leaders around to help him along. Once he got to Philadelphia, it's clear he was one of the young guys that Jagr took under his wing and mentored because from the second half of last season right up until now, he's been a point per game player.

I certainly expect Voracek to be a point plus per game player and that he's only going to get better from here on out. As others have pointed out, this is a 23 year old who is finishing up his fifth season and should only trend up from here. The Carter trade just continues to keep looking better and better.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:32 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTopCheese View Post
I would consider trading Coots just because it seems like Laughton is lighting the world on fire right now so we're going to need some room for centers on this team.
Move Laughton to wing. I really don't think I'm trading Couturier until he is close to being lost as a UFA. He has looked REALLY good the last couple weeks IMO.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:26 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTopCheese View Post
As long as him and Giroux stay together on the same line, especially if we get a legit sniper for the LW, he'll be a PPG player for a long time. If he keeps working on his shot I could see him being a big time player. His shot was absolutely atrocious last year and he has seemed to have gotten better with it.
meh, some of Jake's best games this season came on Brayden Schenn's wing.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:42 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Move Laughton to wing. I really don't think I'm trading Couturier until he is close to being lost as a UFA. He has looked REALLY good the last couple weeks IMO.
He also looked awful the 6 weeks before that...

Old
04-17-2013, 11:17 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
He also looked awful the 6 weeks before that...
It's his second year in the league. It's way too early to pull the plug on Couturier.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote