HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I'm very very concerned

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-17-2013, 07:18 PM
  #51
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Olympic Champion
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,207
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
I think we are overrating Emelin a bit too much. If he was that good, we would have noticed it while he was playing. He does bring a lot of intangibles, but we knew that already. Stop blaming this run on the loss of Emelin, he isn't much more then a second defenseman.
Disagree, it's a significant injury because Markov has turned into a glorified version of Kaberle since Emelin went out.

So basically, we lost the 5 on 5 version of Markov AND Emelin's contributions with the injury.

This current D is comparable to the lowly depths of last year. We have 1 pair you can trust...and Gorges has been HORSE**** the last few games.

Any team with 2 potent offensive lines is going to **** us.


Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 04-17-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:19 PM
  #52
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,322
vCash: 500
The Gionta goal just illustrates the idiocy of Therrien.

Prust is on the third line now. Prust gets to the dirty area behind the goal, fights for the puck and gets it to Gionta for a goal. Just like he did the last game that he was on the line with Chuckie and fed him the puck for a sweet goal.

But the idiot Therrien will bump Prust down as soon as Ryder comes back to take his place as the leading scorer of the team playing on the third line.

Carbo is laughing right now.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:25 PM
  #53
expy
Registered User
 
expy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 356
vCash: 500
Bouillon.

expy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:28 PM
  #54
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,047
vCash: 500
This thread is pretty funny.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:29 PM
  #55
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
The Gionta goal just illustrates the idiocy of Therrien.

Prust is on the third line now. Prust gets to the dirty area behind the goal, fights for the puck and gets it to Gionta for a goal. Just like he did the last game that he was on the line with Chuckie and fed him the puck for a sweet goal.

But the idiot Therrien will bump Prust down as soon as Ryder comes back to take his place as the leading scorer of the team playing on the third line.

Carbo is laughing right now.
Moving Ryder out of the Plek line while he was red hot was pretty idiotic. Ryder scored a crazy percentage of Habs goals in the last month.

That's the problem when you have a player like Gionta who isnt contributing much but you cant send him to a 3rd or 4th line due to his status.


Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 04-17-2013 at 07:36 PM.
Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:31 PM
  #56
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,095
vCash: 500
Leaving the country tomorrow and won't be back til season is over. So thankful now.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:32 PM
  #57
izzy75
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLENOL View Post
so to say we are going to get killed in the first round is kinda ignorant.
I have no problem with being ignorant... we're done in 4, maybe 5 games first round.

izzy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:33 PM
  #58
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,101
vCash: 358
We just might come out of these three blowouts and still be in 2nd...........Now thats funny.

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:33 PM
  #59
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
We just might come out of these three blowouts and still be in 2nd...........Now thats funny.
Is Boston losing, perchance?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:35 PM
  #60
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Is Boston losing, perchance?
Tied, 1-1

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:37 PM
  #61
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,545
vCash: 500
The defense is quite worrisome and now the goalies can't even stop a beach ball now.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:37 PM
  #62
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,896
vCash: 500
I think Habs fan live in a bubble.
It's as if we're the first team to go through a bad slump where nothing seems to go our way.

Every team that goes through such a slump (and there are many) look like pure garbage.

We made the POs, be happy, most expected us to miss them. Also be happy that Bergevin didn't go sell some picks for crap rentals. This is the proper way to evaluate this team.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:38 PM
  #63
charlie
Registered User
 
charlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,101
vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriss e View Post
i think habs fan live in a bubble.
It's as if we're the first team to go through a bad slump where nothing seems to go our way.

Every team that goes through such a slump (and there are many) look like pure garbage.

We made the pos, be happy, most expected us to miss them. Also be happy that bergevin didn't go sell some picks for crap rentals. This is the proper way to evaluate this team.
+1000

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:39 PM
  #64
WakeUpNHL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Bouillon is a fine dman, not a top-4 like he's used right now, but I have no problem with him on the team. Same with Gionta, he's still a pretty good player.

The problem is the lack of depth on defense, including Markov's inability to play decent hockey 5 on 5. We have a #1 in Subban, a #3 in Gorges, but Markov, Emelin, Boullion, Diaz, etc. are all bottom pairing guys (again 5 on 5).
This.
Been saying this was Bergevin's big mistake at the trade deadline. Our defensive depth issue was not addressed. We are now screwed.

WakeUpNHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:44 PM
  #65
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Yeah. It's stupid to claim this slump is due to one single guy, and that guy is nowhere near a star player by any stretch of the imagination. The cause is a combo of multiple events (clinching a PO spot is one).

Edit: it's the culmination of multiple events
- clinching PO spot
- losing another regular D in emelin
- Price plays bad
- DD/Maxpac keep being unproductive while defensively-chanllenged as always.
- Ryder dried up after being moved away from Plek
- Gionta still very very average
I agree with this completely. It is a combination of multiple factors that has led to us playing this poorly. I believe it is no simple coincidence that as soon as the Habs clinch the playoffs, they start to take their foot off the pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Disagree, it's a significant injury because Markov has turned into a glorified version of Kaberle since Emelin went out.

So basically, we lost the 5 on 5 version of Markov AND Emelin's contributions with the injury.

This current D is comparable to the lowly depths of last year. We have 1 pair you can trust...and Gorges has been HORSE**** the last few games.

Any team with 2 potent offensive lines is going to **** us.
Markov was always bad defensively all season. Emelin helped make up for it sometimes because he is decent defensively and uses his body well, but by no means is he a game-changer. He is a simple second pairing defenseman who plays his role well, and that is missed for sure. It's not like Emelin made Markov the player he was... so it doesn't make sense to say Emelin made Markov worse.

He has been poor all season. Gorges, Bouillon and Drew have been pretty bad. Our rookies/Weber are not good enough yet. Markov is no good on defense. Subban is the only competent defense at both ends.

JohnLennon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:44 PM
  #66
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think Habs fan live in a bubble.
It's as if we're the first team to go through a bad slump where nothing seems to go our way.

Every team that goes through such a slump (and there are many) look like pure garbage.

We made the POs, be happy, most expected us to miss them. Also be happy that Bergevin didn't go sell some picks for crap rentals. This is the proper way to evaluate this team.
You are right, but the timing is alarming... so much on the line.

Don't buy the "just glad to be in the playoffs" stuff. A week ago it looked like a top 5 club that looked forward to a good spring run.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:46 PM
  #67
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003
 
The n00b King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,685
vCash: 500
Really wondering what the **** is happening with the Habs. Has the loss of Emelin been so bad that the habs proceed to lose 3 games in a row by being totally blown out? This is ridiculous. Can't play 5 on 5, can't play on the PP, the PK, can't stop a shot. Wow. Is this the team heading into the Playoffs? Just awful.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:48 PM
  #68
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Olympic Champion
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,207
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Markov was always bad defensively all season. Emelin helped make up for it sometimes because he is decent defensively and uses his body well, but by no means is he a game-changer. He is a simple second pairing defenseman who plays his role well, and that is missed for sure. It's not like Emelin made Markov the player he was... so it doesn't make sense to say Emelin made Markov worse.

He has been poor all season. Gorges, Bouillon and Drew have been pretty bad. Our rookies/Weber are not good enough yet. Markov is no good on defense. Subban is the only competent defense at both ends.
No, Emelin is not a game changer. But losing him changed the entire structure of our defence.

Markov is worse without him since he no longer has a NHL caliber top 4 defenceman on his pair. Markov went from somewhere around ''decent'' 5 on 5 with Emelin to a blackhole defensively without him.

Bouillon is worse because he can't play top 4 minutes for a long stretch of time. Never could, never has and never will.

The 3rd pair is worse.

The penalty kill is in shambles.

As a result of all of this and other factors, goaltending is struggling.

It's a trickle down effect.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:48 PM
  #69
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yellowknife
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,543
vCash: 500
The amount of bad players on this team is too damn high!

Aceekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:48 PM
  #70
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!
 
Hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,897
vCash: 500
I seriously can't stop laughing from this thread. Thank you so much.


Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:50 PM
  #71
Aceekay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Yellowknife
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
No, Emelin is not a game changer. But losing him changed the entire structure of our defence.

Markov is worse without him since he no longer has a NHL caliber top 4 defenceman on his pair. Markov went from somewhere around decent 5 on 5 with Emelin to a blackhole defensively without him.

Bouillon is worse because he can't play top 4 minutes for a long stretch of time. Never could, never has and never will.

The 3rd pair is worse.

The penalty kill is in shambles.

As a result of all of this and other factors, goaltending is struggling.

It's a trickle down effect.
It's not just the defense are forwards are playing like they don't care.

Aceekay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:52 PM
  #72
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,461
vCash: 500
All you can hope for now is to be surprised on the upside come the PO.

Fingers can be pointed almost everywhere right now.

From MT to MB... from Price to Maxpac.

... even Gally can be criticized for taking too many penalties.

Best thing to do is to not get personally upset.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 07:54 PM
  #73
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
No, Emelin is not a game changer. But losing him changed the entire structure of our defence.

Markov is worse without him since he no longer has a NHL caliber top 4 defenceman on his pair. Markov went from somewhere around ''decent'' 5 on 5 with Emelin to a blackhole defensively without him.

Bouillon is worse because he can't play top 4 minutes for a long stretch of time. Never could, never has and never will.

The 3rd pair is worse.

The penalty kill is in shambles.

As a result of all of this and other factors, goaltending is struggling.

It's a trickle down effect.
You make a good point, I definitely agree that Emelin has hurt the structure of our defense. I just think it isn't as much Emelin going down as much as multiple factors, although admittedly one of those factors is how poorly Gorges and Bouillon are playing. Our team defense is definitely one to blame.

I just feel as though it isn't just a coincidence that we are all playing poorly as soon as we clinch the playoffs. Our offense also can't produce any prolonged offense and our goalies are absolutely horrid. It is just one of those streaks where nothing goes your way, it happens to all teams, and I am confident the Habs will get over it.

JohnLennon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:18 PM
  #74
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
we are physically humiliated.. we are playing like tantouses..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:30 PM
  #75
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Moen cant even get a pass properly.. hey misere..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.