HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Taylor Hall to Ottawa

Old
04-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Spawn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
????

Yes he has.
John Tavares: 42 points in 43 games
Taylor Hall: 43 points in 39 games

Not to say that Tavares isn't having a better season, because his 24 goals to 13 trumps Halls marginally better PPG. But there is an awful lot of discussion about how elite Tavares is and Hall isn't worth being in the same discussion while completely ignoring that Hall has matched or bettered him in PPG production each of their first 3 respective years.

Spawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:48 PM
smackdaddy
All Aboard

vCash: 500
Quote:
????

Yes he has.
Currently one point ahead of him this year.

Hall

GP: 165
P: 138

Career PPG: 0.84

Tavares

GP: 285
P: 244

Career PPG: 0.85

DAMN you're right.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
You think Hall is better than Tavares, Kovalchuk, Pietrangelo or Ekman-Larsson? The first two, I don't know where your head is at. The second two are debatable, but I'll take an elite defenseman over elite winger, especially when one isn't clearly more talented than the other.
Pietrangelo is the only one I wouldn't take over Hall. My opinion of course, but the others are at least even or better, and OEL is an absolute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post

Not to say that Tavares isn't having a better season, because his 24 goals to 13 trumps Halls marginally better PPG. But there is an awful lot of discussion about how elite Tavares is and Hall isn't worth being in the same discussion while completely ignoring that Hall has matched or bettered him in PPG production each of their first 3 respective years.
Pretty even at this point. Both drive their lines

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CanadianSharks

Quote:

This season, but if you take a gander at other seasons, you'd see that Tavares reached 81 points last season.

CanadianSharks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

I don't think any of us understood that he was only talking about this season.

EDIT: But, I have to admit, that PPG is a lot closer than I thought it would be.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:50 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Currently one point ahead of him this year.

Hall

GP: 165
P: 138

Career PPG: 0.84

Tavares

GP: 285
P: 244

Career PPG: 0.85

DAMN you're right.

Damn straight I am.

Anyways, until Hall can top Tavares' 81 points, he's got a bit to go. I like Hall more than most, but Tavares is a cut above imo. Don't try to tell me that I've got the "eastern bias" because I'm a westerner.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:51 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I don't think any of us understood that he was only talking about this season.
Yeah I just read "hasn't even outproduced" haha.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:55 PM
slapshot12phil

No way would i trade Zibanejad and Cowen for Eberle

slapshot12phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:56 PM
HavlatMach9
streamable 3rah1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot12phil View Post
But for Hall I'd even add. Hall is a super Michalek, amazing.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
Considering your tone in value of Sens players, would a 7th get it done, or should the Oil add a 1st?

Old
04-17-2013, 09:57 PM
smackdaddy
All Aboard

Quote:
You think Hall is better than Tavares, Kovalchuk, Pietrangelo or Ekman-Larsson? The first two, I don't know where your head is at. The second two are debatable, but I'll take an elite defenseman over elite winger, especially when one isn't clearly more talented than the other.
This "value in a vacuum" is a ridiculous position to have. Tavares is way too overrated to discuss him civilly on these boards, but in all honest truth I'd have a hard time doing that trade. That's just me. Hall carried the same ****** team as Tavares did. No praise for him though?

Ekman-Larsson I've watched a few times and nothing strikes me as outstanding. Maybe that's just what makes him so good? And Pies is good, but not enough to give up someone like Hall who literally drives this entire team.

Those players are all good. But none replace what Hall brings. Maybe Kovalchuk does, but again, he's just too old to bother to trade and why even bring his name up?

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

I see both Hall being Edmonton's next captain and Karlsson being Ottawa's next captain. That's coming from a Habs fan that doesn't like the value of this proposal.

Jabba11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:02 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
This "value in a vacuum" is a ridiculous position to have. Tavares is way too overrated to discuss him civilly on these boards, but in all honest truth I'd have a hard time doing that trade. That's just me. Hall carried the same ****** team as Tavares did. No praise for him though?

Ekman-Larsson I've watched a few times and nothing strikes me as outstanding. Maybe that's just what makes him so good? And Pies is good, but not enough to give up someone like Hall who literally drives this entire team.

Those players are all good. But none replace what Hall brings. Maybe Kovalchuk does, but again, he's just too old to bother to trade and why even bring his name up?
Tavares, fine, we'll leave out of it.
Ekman-Larsson, that's just it - he's a steady and quiet force on the blueline, seriously watch him sometime. This kid has a great future and I see him winning a Norris or two.
Pietrangelo, he's an elite #1 d-man who's had a bad year. He's one of the best defenseman in the game when he's on.
Kovalchuk has been better, is better, and will be better for some time. He's the best winger in the game.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:02 PM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
No,

I'll try to be realistic for the OP sake,

Taylor Hall

For

Spezza
Cowen
Greening
Next 2 first rounders
You consider that realistic? Do you work in their front office perhaps?

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 97
Quote:
Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Tavares, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Kovalchuk. That was easy. There's way more too. You'd be better off saying there aren't 30 people you'd take over him. I'd actually have him in ~15-20 though. With the exception of Weber and Kovy, they're all in their low-mid twenties, while the aforementioned are in their late twenties.

EDIT: Forgot Toews, Giroux, Ovy and Backstrom.
Ok, I guess 10 was a little low. I'd still rather have Hall than Giroux or Backstrom. Also would probably rather have Hall than Kovalchuk simply due to age. OEL I'm not sure about, but would probably take OEL.

I'll bump it up to 15. There aren't a ton of young goalies that are performing at a high enough level.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:05 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Ok, I guess 10 was a little low. I'd still rather have Hall than Giroux or Backstrom. Also would probably rather have Hall than Kovalchuk simply due to age. OEL I'm not sure about, but would probably take OEL.

I'll bump it up to 15. There aren't a ton of young goalies that are performing at a high enough level.
Yep, 15-20 is where he belongs imo. You'd take Hall over Giroux or Backstrom? Hall's career high is a little over half of Backstroms... that really says it all. Not to mention he's a very solid two way player, while playing centre. Giroux... is egregiously overrated (or was last year), but is still a clear tier above Hall. Anyways, nice chatting with you guys. I'm gunna peace before feelings get hurt.

Old
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
Tavares, fine, we'll leave out of it.
Ekman-Larsson, that's just it - he's a steady and quiet force on the blueline, seriously watch him sometime. This kid has a great future and I see him winning a Norris or two.
Pietrangelo, he's an elite #1 d-man who's had a bad year. He's one of the best defenseman in the game when he's on.
Kovalchuk has been better, is better, and will be better for some time. He's the best winger in the game.
OEl is also only 21 and so good at everything. As per Kovalchuk, one only needs to watch the stark difference in the Devils when he is playing and right now. Playoff team with him, seriously can't score without him.

Old
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 383
Quote:
No way would I trade either Zibanejad or Cowen for Eberle.

And most importantly I am sure sens management wouldn't either.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:07 PM
MoreGore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
If we wanted to trade Hall, we would probably be interested in the following players:

Karlsson
Cowen
Zibanejad
Lehner
Stone
Silverberg

and then I'm not sure after that.

He won't be traded but if Ottawa was really set on acquiring him right now it would have to be a huge overpayment.
I offered Zinabejad, Silfverberg and Gryba, nobody said boo from either side. That is a steep price that I an not sure I would make as a Sens fan, but I think the value is very favourable.

MoreGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Benjamin
Shadilay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Wat?

Edmonton's entire franchise could get Crosby. Hall+RNH+Ebs+Yak gets Crosby.

Karlsson isn't anywhere near Crosby's level.
Top 5 players are only traded when there is a problem(asked for trade, wont re-sign, etc.). Without a problem they are untouchable because of how unique and irreplaceable they are.

Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:11 PM
danishh

if edmonton trades one of the "big 4", they'll be doing it to add a huge amount of depth and jam.

so, something like:
Cowen
Gryba
Greening
Smith

and while adding one of those top talents (likely eberle, not hall) sounds nice, if we lose that quantity of those types of players, we end up exactly like edmonton is right now.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:11 PM
Duffman955

I think Hall for Cowen+Zibanejad would be a pretty good offer.

Sens get a high end winger, with super star potential.

Oilers get a perfect partner for Shultz and 2nd line center with some size.

All players are young and have potential to be better.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:14 PM
HockeySens

Dont know why OP made a proposal for hall and a bad one too, as a sens fan Id rather trade for eberle which is more reasonable and a better fit since spezza likes to play with snipers.

What do edmonton fans think about ceci,1st, smith/ greening and gryba for eberle
Take it easy if my offer was bad

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 97
Quote:
Yep, 15-20 is where he belongs imo. You'd take Hall over Giroux or Backstrom? Hall's career high is a little over half of Backstroms... that really says it all. Not to mention he's a very solid two way player, while playing centre. Giroux... is egregiously overrated (or was last year), but is still a clear tier above Hall. Anyways, nice chatting with you guys. I'm gunna peace before feelings get hurt.
You can't really believe that Hall's career high in points is indicative of his skill level. I understand that rate projections can be iffy at times but it would be absurd to dismiss Hall's rate production given the large sample size. He's only in his 3rd season and had injuries in his first two.

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Benjamin
Shadilay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
I think Hall for Cowen+Zibanejad would be a pretty good offer.

Sens get a high end winger, with super star potential.

Oilers get a perfect partner for Shultz and 2nd line center with some size.

All players are young and have potential to be better.
Potential 1st line center and current 2nd liner, Potential top pairing and current #3 > 1st line winger

Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote