DAL trades Brenden Morrow/3rd R '13 to PIT for Joe Morrow/5th R '13

Old
03-27-2013, 12:55 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchtrickBateman View Post
His comments about being traded or being put on the fourth line are really blown out of proportion. Not too many of you would be thrilled to by being told you're gonna be let go or transferred to a new location, when you want to stay there. As far as actions go, im assuming you're referring to dumb penalties, cant argue with that, although he did seem to have alot more " turn the other cheek" in him this season. And if any of you have played hockey, you know that almost every player has something to say after taking a penalty. But I'm sure everyone will disagree. We're all stars fans, it just honestly bugs me the way people go about it. I'm the biggest modano fan, and I felt similar when he was shown the door(moreso for the way many fans whined that he signed with the wings like he was some sort of traitor)but this situation is different, even I would admit mo didn't give close to 100% anymore. I wouldn't say the same about morrow though. Anyway, carry on. Agree to disagree
If those Olympics had never happened and I never saw Morrow look so bad on our team then so good for Canada I would be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt these last few years. He gave that up by playing like he didn't give a **** about the Stars and then showing us 2008 playoffs version Morrow at the Olympics. He wasn't even able to carry that positive momentum over to the Stars for a playoff run after the Olympics were over. I can't with a straight face say that his professionalism is beyond reproach.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:58 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
If those Olympics had never happened and I never saw Morrow look so bad on our team then so good for Canada I would be more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt these last few years. He gave that up by playing like he didn't give a **** about the Stars and then showing us 2008 playoffs version Morrow at the Olympics. He wasn't even able to carry that positive momentum over to the Stars for a playoff run after the Olympics were over. I can't with a straight face say that his professionalism is beyond reproach.
Completely agree with this post.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 02:06 AM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:
Truth right here.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:34 AM
LordHelmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
Remember that Neal had like 1 goal in 20 games after he was traded there.
28 points in the first 29 games of the 10-11 season. (Very good)
11 points in the 30 games leading up to the trade (Very bad)
6 points in the 20 games after the trade (Pretty bad)

Neal was not a 40 goal scorer when Dallas traded him, and I'd laugh at the notion that he would've ever become that in Dallas - especially with Richards moving on.

LordHelmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Ampersand
Dallas Stars Fan

Quote:

Ampersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:16 AM
Dundalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndBoards View Post
28 points in the first 29 games of the 10-11 season. (Very good)
11 points in the 30 games leading up to the trade (Very bad)
6 points in the 20 games after the trade (Pretty bad)

Neal was not a 40 goal scorer when Dallas traded him, and I'd laugh at the notion that he would've ever become that in Dallas - especially with Richards moving on.
Neal was a 22 year old in his second season when he was traded. Who the hell are 40 goal scorers in their first two seasons? He had plenty of time to improve and become more consistent. To say there was no chance of him ever being a 40 goal scorer for Dallas after the talent he showed is ridiculous. You must have stupidly high expectations for young players to show their potential straight away when they start their NHL career.

Dundalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Elysian
@AdamBath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundalis View Post
Neal was a 22 year old in his second season when he was traded. Who the hell are 40 goal scorers in their first two seasons? He had plenty of time to improve and become more consistent. To say there was no chance of him ever being a 40 goal scorer for Dallas after the talent he showed is ridiculous. You must have stupidly high expectations for young players to show their potential straight away when they start their NHL career.
It's not ridiculous. We don't have a Malkin. Neal's a perfect compliment to Malkin, and it shows every time Malkin misses a game. Neal went 9 games in a row without a goal until Malkin came back.

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:54 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

With the Crosby injury, anyone else glad we pulled this trade off before the deadline?

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 04:55 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Roy to Pittsburgh for Morrow's teammate Pouliot now?

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:51 PM
madinsomniac

Pens fan here... if Morrow keeps playing as well as he has for us and we win the cup, then this was a great trade for us even if your new Morrow is an all star for years to come. He has been everything you could ask for in a winger... Hope your trade works out for you as well as this looks like it did for the Pens

madinsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
Pens fan here... if Morrow keeps playing as well as he has for us and we win the cup, then this was a great trade for us even if your new Morrow is an all star for years to come. He has been everything you could ask for in a winger... Hope your trade works out for you as well as this looks like it did for the Pens
Yea, he's a good player when he wants to be and the fact that he could go to the Olympics and now Pittsburgh and play well, but mailed it in here night after night makes me glad the "captain" is gone.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Satan
& try another year

Quote:
Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post

Glad to see Morrow pick his game up.

Last edited by Satan: 04-17-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough2PlayAgainst View Post
Yea, he's a good player when he wants to be and the fact that he could go to the Olympics and now Pittsburgh and play well, but mailed it in here night after night makes me glad the "captain" is gone.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

I'm glad to see he's doing well in Pittsburgh, and I'm also not at all surprised.

We're better off without him.

04-17-2013, 10:25 PM
jrolley325

vCash: 353
looks like your classic "change of scenery" rejuvenation. fan favorite already by fighting subban

jrolley325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
We're better off without him.
he's played well (4 goals while the 'all-stars' have been out) but this sentiment doesn't surprise me. he really looks like he's on borrow-time. i can't imagine him keeping up this level of play during next year's regular season. the biggest thing is that he's a complete dick, an unrelenting jerk-bag and it's glorious to watch. tonight, he basically trolled Subban out of the game.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:52 PM
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

Good for him to start giving a **** about playing now, while he never gave one playing here in Dallas. Joe Morrow can't be ready soon enough.

SonicSpeedDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeedDash View Post
Good for him to start giving a **** about playing now, while he never gave one playing here in Dallas. Joe Morrow can't be ready soon enough.
Really....?

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:55 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand New Stars View Post
Really....?
I'll agree that he didn't never give a damn, but his give a damn-o-meter was at 0 for the last couple years due to his injuries.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:58 PM
Brand New Stars

Same with Modano. That shouldn't completely ruin their legacy here. He was a great player here for a good amount of time. A lot of players would lose the will to play for a team that fell hard and fast thanks to a garbage owner.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:14 AM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSpeedDash View Post
Give me a *****in break.... seriously
... I really question if people ever actually paid attention to his emotion. When the team, or Morrow himself, scored there wasn't a bigger smile on the ice. I've watched most of his games in Pitt and his style is the same, just getting better results.

Last edited by HatchtrickBateman: 04-18-2013 at 12:36 AM.
HatchtrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:19 AM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Same with Modano. That shouldn't completely ruin their legacy here. He was a great player here for a good amount of time. A lot of players would lose the will to play for a team that fell hard and fast thanks to a garbage owner.
This..Not to mention we have seen multiple players go to Pittsburgh/ other teams and look stellar, while the player we got in return has regressed. Neal, Niskanen(decent), and Souray come to mind. You can't completely brush off the possibility that this is due to great coaching and talent in Pittsburgh/Anaheim

Last edited by HatchtrickBateman: 04-18-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old
04-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchtrickBateman View Post
This..Not to mention we have seen multiple players go to Pittsburgh/ other teams and look stellar, while the player we got in return has regressed. Neal, Niskanen(decent), and Souray come to mind. You can't completely brush off the possibility that this is due to great coaching and talent in Pittsburgh/Anaheim
Well that much should be obvious.

We don't have anything remotely close to a Crosby or Malkin.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:59 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Morrow now has more goals than Benn lol ..

MB94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:32 AM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Well that much should be obvious.

We don't have anything remotely close to a Crosby or Malkin.
Exactly. And it's not like he's all of a sudden playing a high skill game. His second goal tonight was almost a whiff, like his last goal here. guy has always played a tough, gritty, emotional game. I for one would love to see him win a cup. As someone on the main board said, a change of scenery can do some players wonders, doesn't mean they didn't give a ***** with their old team. Like I said before, if you've seen his games with the pens, he really does play the same, floats occasionally, pretty bad hands, and slow, BUT goes to the net, hits, does the dirty work. Idk, not trying to argue on this topic again, but I really hate the way some of our fans ***** on players who were more than loyal to this franchise(morrow, modano, hell even ott). Yes their last couple seasons may not have been very good, but somehow that turns into "he's a whiner" "never gave a ***** here" "traitor went to the wings" etc....Anyway, I am fine with him moving on, but lets not pretend he never gave a ***** about this franchise

Old
04-18-2013, 03:55 AM
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

Quote:
Really....?
I jumped the gun on what i said. I'm happy for him changing his game up, i think i'm just on the "I don't care anymore" wagon.

Last edited by SonicSpeedDash: 04-18-2013 at 04:17 AM.
SonicSpeedDash is offline   Reply With Quote