HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**** everyone.

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumple03 View Post
I don't post here often, usually just lurk, but I can tell from many of the comments when this team loses or goes in a slump, and the drama queens come out of the wood work, that they likely never played the game of hockey at a competitive level in their life.

Unfortunately the majority of Habs fan are two faced drama queens with a slight case of bipolar disorder. There is no other team in major sports who's fan base turn on their team as quickly as Habs fans do.
And seems to me you've never visited any other hockey or sports boards of your life. Boston fans were actually hoping Julien and Chiarelli be fired during the series against us...Remember that series? Yes, the year they won the Cup......

Old
04-17-2013, 10:25 PM
The EGG Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Sabres win!! We're still in 2nd!
Nope, 4th actually, because we played one more game than them.

Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
That's funny. Boston doesn't want it either.
Let the Leafs win it so they can riot in the streets for not only making the playoffs but winning the division. They will retire all the players jerseys to honor the occasion.

Old
Interlagos Blue
You Had ONE JOB

I don't even care no more

Old
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Sabres win!! We're still in 2nd!
4th. boston have a game at hand cause of monday

Old
04-17-2013, 10:26 PM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Can't believe people would protect what he did.....Makes no sense to try to pretend like your this tough guy. Embarassing. He doesn't need that. He's not there anymore. Guy is now a clear Norris candidate for years to come.....Cut those stupidities PK.
Totally agree.
PK acted like a junior and got his personal satisfaction.
Subban still has +1 tonight.

Old
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
If true, we've got a MUCH bigger problem than just losing him. As I said, even when we were winning, that defense was never that great.
I disagree.

5th fewest shots on net.
Probably the most points from the D.

We're one of the few teams to have two #1 D.

Our defense was really good. Now every mistake end up in the net. Pucks deflect off our players into our own goal. Everything is happening !

Old
capebretoncanadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Subban should be playing 25+ minutes every night. Even with a couple of penalties tonight 16 minutes for your best player is still unacceptable. Who coaches the defense? JJ?
You know he got kicked out too right? and a fight? Missed like 12-13 minutes of the third right there.

Old
holyhabs87

I am a DD hater. But what is up with Pacioretty? He should get more hate. He is the better player thus he should be carrying that line at times and he does not. Really embarassing that along with maybe Plek, two rookies are out best forward right now.

Max has to step it up.

Our d is a mess. We have 3 #6 d playing. Markov very fatigued and Gorges is a slump. Cant wait for Diaz to come back and bring some stability.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
People who thought we'd get through a full regular season (even a 48 game regular season) without a significant slump and some adversity aren't facing reality.
I'm fine with slumps. I really am. I've seen slumps though that doesn't end up in blowout every single game. Losses sure...but better efforts for sure nonetheless. And my point is that, while I'm fine with slumps, reality is that momentum is key for playoffs. Hey, but if how we do in playoffs, this year, isn't important, I'm fine with that too.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:27 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlagos Blue View Post
I don't even care no more

So you do care?

Old
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
4th. boston have a game at hand cause of monday
If Boston loses, do we then have the tie breaker?

Old
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Let the Leafs win it so they can riot in the streets for not only making the playoffs but winning the division. They will retire all the players jerseys to honor the occasion.
I would puke a little in my own mouth if the leafs won the division. I hate the bruins more, but it would such a huge choke job from us AND Boston to let them take it. Worse part is that I actually believe it can happen.

Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Would have been great to hear Therrien about Bylsma's timeout. Our journalists should take some lessons from the Boston press as far as trying to start something....
Our journalists are like our players have been for a while: pretty wussy.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Raider917

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
If Boston loses, do we then have the tie breaker?
ya but they cant get a point.

Old
holyhabs87

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I disagree.

5th fewest shots on net.
Probably the most points from the D.

We're one of the few teams to have two #1 D.

Our defense was really good. Now every mistake end up in the net. Pucks deflect off our players into our own goal. Everything is happening !
Markov hasn't been playing like a #1 defensively for a couple weeks now. Started well before Emelin injury. Problem with injuries we cant even afford to rest him

Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Great. Let's use the smaller sample ever to try to prove your point. And the point is that we don't have the depth. At one point, the Sens lost Karlsson, and they kept winning. So at one point, on a small sample, the record WITHOUT Karlsson, was just as good if not better. And I use Subban's name ''cause the way you talk about it, and make NO REFERENCE of the depth, seems like you're talking as if we lost our best d-man. As if we would have lost Subban.

Losing Emelin does hurt but MOSTLY because the depth isn't there. Not because Emelin was so great when we lost him 'cause he wasn't. But it tells you a lot about the depth while a struggling Emelin is still better than 4 of the regular d-men that we have.
ok we didn't lose our best defensman I will give you that. But we lost our most physical guy, the only player who was actually throwing hits, best partner for Markov, and even a guy who collected more points than Gorges and Bouillon combined with no PP time. His absence is the reason our defense sucks now. We were winning with him, we are losing without him. Simple. You lose one of Markov, Subban, or Emelin and our defense suffers.

Old
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumple03 View Post
I don't post here often, usually just lurk, but I can tell from many of the comments when this team loses or goes in a slump, and the drama queens come out of the wood work, that they likely never played the game of hockey at a competitive level in their life.

Unfortunately the majority of Habs fan are two faced drama queens with a slight case of bipolar disorder. There is no other team in major sports who's fan base turn on their team as quickly as Habs fans do.

For all of you in a panic, put your purses down, uncross your legs, remove your high heels and relax. This year wasn't "our year" to win the cup, this is the year a group of young, hungry, inexperienced players gets a chance to experience playoff hockey. If they get past the 1st round, it's a huge accomplishment, if they stretch the 2nd round to 6 or 7 games, and even more fantastic accomplishment, and anything beyond that is just a Cinderella story.

You lose as a team and you win as a team, and you can't win as a team when the entire team playing in front of the goalies is missing plays, reading plays wrong, leaving guys unchecked, not taking away passing lanes, and having complete defensive breakdowns. Were there some bad goals that Price and Buds would normally stop in the last 3 games, absolutely, but to put the entire blame on goal tending, or DD, or Georges for a loss is pure stupidity and shows you either have no hockey IQ at all, or you just like to complain in general.

They will bounce back, every team in the league aside form the power house teams like Pit and Chi etc... will go through a slump during a season. Ours is just happening a little close to the payoffs, but better now than at the start of the playoffs. They have 4-5 games left to work on getting back to where they were. They shows some guts and heart popping 4 goals tonight. This might just be the game they need to get back on track.

Chill out ladies.
Terrific post! You may not have many posts on this board but at least your posts pack some punch. Very refreshing given some of the chronic whiners who act like a spoiled child when things don't go their way.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Problem is on defense.

1. Not physical enough in general to play against tough physical teams.

2. We had 6 capable NHL D when we started the season. We lost two of them. Now our 4th D was our 6th. Diaz coming back will help A LOT.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:31 PM
dcyhabs

Maybe Emelin is essential, without him forwards from other teams have no fear at all coming in to the zone. I thought he was expendable but I was wrong.

Markov needs a physical partner, and there are no physical guys left. Without a crease-clearer he's piling up the goals against.

Subban is fine but now he is such a team player he's not carrying the load, he's letting other, worse, players play. He should ignore everyone and go for the puck.

Gorges has been weak lately. He's always weak on offence but based on his defence maybe he's hurt. Or maybe the effort he put in to get to the playoffs was all he had. Hope he's saving something for the playoffs.

Glad Weber got a chance. I like Bealieu, and Drewiske hasn't been horrible, but Weber deserves a chance. Too bad that what the habs need are one or two physical stay at home types not another offensive guy with a good shot.

I wonder if this year's system only works if the habs outwork the other team? Especially since they have generally beaten weak cold teams and lost to good hot teams. If so the playoff run will be short. The positive is that the young guys are doing well and will get better. I'm glad Bergevin didn't trade any of the young guys for veterans.

Old
sheed36

The Habs look like like they've simply run out of gas unfortunately. Hope they can find their 2nd wind and right the ship before the season ends. Just please don't get swept by the Leafs in round 1 if we play them. HF would be insufferable if that happened..

Old
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Markov hasn't been playing like a #1 defensively for a couple weeks now. Started well before Emelin injury. Problem with injuries we cant even afford to rest him
I agree, but overall we still allow 5th fewest shots on net per game. I think we have been solid defensively comparatively to other teams. Part of it is that we often took the lead in the first with strong play and this allowed us to dictate the rest of the game (like the pens did tonight).

Old
04-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
I am a DD hater. But what is up with Pacioretty? He should get more hate. He is the better player thus he should be carrying that line at times and he does not. Really embarassing that along with maybe Plek, two rookies are out best forward right now.

Max has to step it up.

Our d is a mess. We have 3 #6 d playing. Markov very fatigued and Gorges is a slump. Cant wait for Diaz to come back and bring some stability.
I wager it's a combination of inconsistency from both of them. When you're linemate struggles as much as you are, it only adds to the frustration. This is why I am adamant to break them up for a stretch and see if at least one of them shakes off this funk. Here are some options if we didn't dump Desharnais on the fourth line.

Bourque - Plekanec - Ryder
Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Desharnais - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Halpern - Moen

or

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Desharnais - Plekanec - Ryder
Bourque - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Halpern - Moen

Be creative and see if it works. If not, you can rotate someone else (Prust/Eller) into their spot and move them down the lineup. Therrien needs to accept the two just cannot get each other going and need help. Give them some new blood to gel with.

Old
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Problem is on defense.

1. Not physical enough in general to play against tough physical teams.

2. We had 6 capable NHL D when we started the season. We lost two of them. Now our 4th D was our 6th. Diaz coming back will help A LOT.
It's been like this for a long time but our team play and the system helped hide that fact with our D.

More than anything our D squad needed help and MB did not try to help the team get reinforcement for the playoffs in that department.

Old
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcyhabs View Post
Maybe Emelin is essential, without him forwards from other teams have no fear at all coming in to the zone. I thought he was expendable but I was wrong.

Markov needs a physical partner, and there are no physical guys left. Without a crease-clearer he's piling up the goals against.

Subban is fine but now he is such a team player he's not carrying the load, he's letting other, worse, players play. He should ignore everyone and go for the puck.

Gorges has been weak lately. He's always weak on offence but based on his defence maybe he's hurt. Or maybe the effort he put in to get to the playoffs was all he had. Hope he's saving something for the playoffs.

Glad Weber got a chance. I like Bealieu, and Drewiske hasn't been horrible, but Weber deserves a chance. Too bad that what the habs need are one or two physical stay at home types not another offensive guy with a good shot.

I wonder if this year's system only works if the habs outwork the other team? Especially since they have generally beaten weak cold teams and lost to good hot teams. If so the playoff run will be short. The positive is that the young guys are doing well and will get better. I'm glad Bergevin didn't trade any of the young guys for veterans.
excellent post

Closed Thread