Send a message via ICQ to saskbruin44*
Ference wasn't the problem tonight.

Really.....

Old
04-17-2013, 09:28 PM
BruinsBtn
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Ference was good tonight and I love how hard he tried after getting out of the box.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:29 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Lucic with zero shots and zero hits big problem tonight

Old
04-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Tim O'Reilly

[QUOTE=badnewsbruin;64154747 Obviously Julien cannot get him motivated. [/QUOTE]

Seriously? You didnt think that Bergeron, Chara, Jagr, Seguin, Marshy, Paille, Peverly, Ferrence, Dobby were not ready and didn't play well? If Miller doesn't start we win 10-0. Julien had them ready. They cannot dominte every bloody shift like some 'fans' want.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:32 PM
bbfan419

I agree Julien is not a good coach, why have Campbell on the top line? Julien is a stubborn sob. He was fired late season by NJ, maybe the Bruins should do the same. I am sick of the Bruins throwing pts away, the last 3 games the habs lost and the Bruins should have won all 3 and would have control of the division by now. They shoud easily have 15 pts more than they do, blew big leads over Washing and earlier against Buffalo, lost games to the habs , Rangers , pittsburgh and the last 3 they should have won all of them, if they play like this in the playoffs they are done in round 1.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:35 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan419 View Post
I agree Julien is not a good coach, why have Campbell on the top line? Julien is a stubborn sob. He was fired late season by NJ, maybe the Bruins should do the same. I am sick of the Bruins throwing pts away, the last 3 games the habs lost and the Bruins should have won all 3 and would have control of the division by now. They shoud easily have 15 pts more than they do, blew big leads over Washing and earlier against Buffalo, lost games to the habs , Rangers , pittsburgh and the last 3 they should have won all of them, if they play like this in the playoffs they are done in round 1.
Julien is such a terrible coach..

People cry about Lucic and Horton playing like crap, yet get many when Claude puts Campbell on a higher line when he's been playing better than those two.

Get ready to eat some major crow in a few months.

Old
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Ference, before the delay of game penalty, had his best game of the year. Even in OT he was incredibly fired up.

Lucic, saying he's a head scratcher is an understatement. Demoted to the 4th line (checking line) and 0 hits in a game that was chippy and he easily could have gone out there and used his body, which is what made him successful in past years.

Old
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Lucic bashing is getting old.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:38 PM
sarge88

I will never understand choosing to give the opposition the final shot or not using Jagr in the top 3 in the shoot out.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
While the player bashing here is typically way over-reactionary, and over the top, the flak Lucic is getting seems pretty well deserved tonight.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Cause it's true? You watched the same game(s) right? 0 shots 0 hits tonight, where did he contribute?

I'm not a "the world is ending" attitude with this team, i have full faith they'll get it together for the playoffs, but I'm sorry I can't understand your constant blue sky sunny day mindset with every single thing, it's like there's no negatives.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Neely08

Quote:
I stick up for him, you know he's better than this. Last 4-5 games though? Utterly no confidence. He went from not scoring goals but contributing, to looking like someone ran over his dog, got out, pee'd on it, then proceeded to do donuts over it while giving finger out the window.

Take him off DK's line, fine w/ that. Leave him on a line w/ Peverley and someone else he can play with, even Horton, Paille, **** it. Just make a decision and stick to it.

How many different lines was he on tonight? Where did he look best? Bergeron and Seguin, they came within a cat hair. Dominated. Next shift? New line. What do you expect?

Julien and line juggling = NO!!! Holy ****. If you don't respect CJ, you're a friggin banana head, I'm sorry. At the same time? He's one hard dude to figure out sometimes, man.

Same for Jags. Pick someone, and stay w/ him, or else NO ONE is going to be able to read this guy. B's just stand there watching him like..."want me here? over here? Ok, I had no idea someone could hang on to the puck this long, that's some awesome ****....oh DAMN I had no idea that pass was coming!".

then on bench...

Hey, sorry, Jags.

Jags - Ja, ja, NOOB!!

Old
04-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
I will never understand choosing to give the opposition the final shot or not using Jagr in the top 3 in the shoot out.
Jags does not like the shootout.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Gonzothe7thDman

Quote:
So is him sucking ass

Old
04-17-2013, 09:59 PM
finchster

Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Quote:
I like Milan Lucic, but I think he hasn't played well for most of the season. Tonight with zero hits and zero shots he was a non-factor and could've been better.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:00 PM
bp13

Quote:
Once he shows up I'm sure it'll stop.

We all know this team goes nowhere if Lucic and Horton aren't key contributors and right now both, notably Lucic, are invisible.

It's too bad the bashing has to be so focused on one guy, but leaders have to lead.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:29 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Lucic needs to be gone in the off - season.

On another note its weird watching a guy on a CJ team demand the puck like Jagr does.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:35 PM
NMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post

On another note its weird watching a guy on a CJ team demand the puck like Jagr does.
Couldn't agree more.

Old
04-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Bill Ladd
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
The x's and o's...
Not sure how to respond to this without specifics. I will say that most of the hand wringing about how "Julien does things" makes me chuckle because it isn't all that different than the coaches people say are better.

X's and O's? Julien's teams are consistently in the top10 in 5on5 hockey, for both goals against AND goals scored. Folks may think a "more aggressive" system sounds sexy, but what does that mean? The best teams in the league play two-way hockey. Philly, Detroit, Chicago... Pittsburgh has the two best players on the planet and they trap. The teams that have thrown caution to the wind and go full on aggressive in all zones and in all areas are the ones you see at the bottom of the standings. Toronto under Burke/Wilson. Edmonton.

Do you want more aggressive breakouts and transition play? Then you need to rebuild your defense, because guys like Chara/Seidenberg/Boychuk/McQuaid aren't built for speedy retrievals and aggressive breakouts.

Quote:
The minutes they play?
The "our star players should play more" meme is another straw man argument. David Krejci plays more 5on5 minutes than Sidney Crosby, Pavel Datsyuk and just about every other star center in the NHL. Seguin, Lucic, Marchand and Horton play as much as James Neal. Even Pittsburgh's 3rd center gets more ES TOI per game than Chris Kelly.

So, does Julien does believe in a strong 4 line attack? Yes. As do most of the other good coaches/teams in the league. The teams that don't, tend to be thin and overly reliant on one line.

The one criticism that I think is fair of Julien's "systems" is obviously his power play and/or power play coach. The plays they run never seem to work more than once (if that), and nobody really gets the lion's share of PP time... but even that last point is defensible since nobody has really shown any dominance on the PP since Savard. (And fwiw, when Julien had Savard, he gave him the time. He's also been giving Jagr big PP minutes since he's been here as well.)

Quote:
At age 22 Krejci was nearly a PPG player despite only 17mpg. Since then his minutes have gone up yearly and his production has slowly decreased.
That's because his 73 point season wasn't tied to his minutes, it was tied to the PP and the talent he got to play with in 2009, specifically Marc Savard (5on3) and Phil Kessel (5on4).

In '09, Krejci had 50 even strength points, and added 19 on the PP, finishing with 73.
In '11, Krejci had 50 even strength points, and added 12 on the PP, finishing with 62.
In '11, Krejci had 51 even strength points, and added 11 on the PP, finishing with 62.

So I don't see a regression, I see a player who's been remarkably consistent and is only entering his prime. Maybe Jagr will be the consistent winger and PP presence he needs to get his point totals back to 73 and beyond.

Quote:
As far as Seguin goes he should better at this point in my opinion. I am not going to bother comparing him to the other young players in the league and how they have developed because everyone is different........ But based on his talent Seguin should be a more dynamic force on this team, it's as simple as that.
The guy is in his third year, ups and downs should be expected. I do think his European vacation was detrimental as it let him go back to playing on the perimeter, but hey- if a "down" season is him scoring at a 34 goal pace over the last ~35 games then I'll take it.

I also get frustrated with fans who don't hold the players accountable for their own abilities and performances. IMO, Seguin has no one to blame for his struggles but himself. He's the one who was too timid as a rookie to play real minutes. He's the one who came back from Europe and thought he could play on the perimeter. He's the one who struggled to make a statement in the middle between Jagr and Marchand...

Quote:
Marchand and Bergeron are both two way players and their skill sets work well with Claude's system but I still can't help but wonder what type of players they could both be in a system which takes advantage of players offensive talents.
I'd argue that Krejci is a two-way player as well, but I still don't know what it means to play in an offensive system that takes advantage of offensive talents. Run and gun doesn't exist anymore.

04-17-2013, 11:14 PM
CanadianBruinsFan

Great post above, and great perspective for the keep Julien crowd.

My biggest problem with this offence is its inconsistency in creating sustained zone play. The breakout used to centre around giving guys outlets in the zone, no one flying the zone early unless the opportunity presented itself, and a good, safe breakout in terms of turnovers. I think opponents have started to catch on to that more, putting pressure on the D behind the net who are very slow. Also, they are pinching further down the wall on the wingers, who haven't been battling particularly hard for time and space for the most part. This is a deadly combination right now, and makes the players basically start from scratch in the neutral zone if they chip it out.

This slow neutral zone play leaves them disorganized, and gives the opposing D time to stack the line and make them either a) get creative up the middle which can lead to turnovers, or b) dump and chase, where the forecheck has been poor on the first line and third line for the most part.

The strength of this team in recent years has been the cycle, with the centreman high in the slot and the weak side winger cutting to the far post and crashing the net. Paille's goal was similar to this tonight. Kelly won a battle, saw the open man in front and bingo bango who's your mother. Now whether this is coaching, effort level or the whole team is drunk, it hasn't happened and I think it's key to their success going forward.

I hope people don't see this as an overreaction. Just as far as X's and O's problems, that's what I see right now.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:38 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Lucic having zero impact on a game is getting older.

I don't understand what the apologists are seeing in the guy. He has been certified garbage for the better part of two ****ing months. If his name was Shawn Thornton he'd have been scratched multiple times. He is bringing absolutely nothing to the table right now.

He was on the 4th line tonight, 0 hits, 1 shot, 4 PIMS. Patrick Kaleta was running wild, Lucic was on the ice with him multiple times, nothing.

I'm done with him.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:42 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Quote:
He is literally bringing nothing to the table right now. Due to make 6 million a year for the next 3 years. Shouldn't we be a little worried?

Old
04-18-2013, 12:55 AM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1406803

Old
04-18-2013, 02:59 AM
RupBoysDad
@Rupboysdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Lucic having zero impact on a game is getting older.

I don't understand what the apologists are seeing in the guy. He has been certified garbage for the better part of two ****ing months. If his name was Shawn Thornton he'd have been scratched multiple times. He is bringing absolutely nothing to the table right now.

He was on the 4th line tonight, 0 hits, 1 shot, 4 PIMS. Patrick Kaleta was running wild, Lucic was on the ice with him multiple times, nothing.

I'm done with him.
I am not done with him, but it might be time to piss him of with a healthy scratch. In the game where every skater is out there playing with every bit in their heart, he looked disinterested. I am reserving judgment for the playoffs.

What does bother me is putting Campbell with Jagr. I would rather see Campbell rewarded on the Bergy line and Marsh with Krejci and Jagr.

Old
04-18-2013, 07:35 AM
du5566*

I admire the undying support for Claude Julien and this team. I don't understand it but I respect it.

My only question is when will people be open to change? If the Bruins get bounced early in the playoffs again this year? If next season is another up and down roller coaster of inconcinstant play like each of the past two seasons? I mean when is enough enough?

Closed Thread