HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I'm very very concerned

Old
04-17-2013, 08:30 PM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think Habs fan live in a bubble.
It's as if we're the first team to go through a bad slump where nothing seems to go our way.

Every team that goes through such a slump (and there are many) look like pure garbage.

We made the POs, be happy, most expected us to miss them. Also be happy that Bergevin didn't go sell some picks for crap rentals. This is the proper way to evaluate this team.
No offense to you Kriss as this is not personally aimed at you. This is aimed at the last paragraph you wrote.

That is a loser's attitude. We went from the best team in the East to settling and being sort of happy that we are going to the playoffs. No thanks. I would feel that way if we just squeaked into the playoffs on the last day of the season.

Slumps happen to every team. They are human. When the slump is induced by the idiotic decisions of a coach which caused the tailspin, well, its a different story.

A coach should never pull a hot scoring player off of a hot scoring and productive line and expect that nothing will change when he changes two other lines as well.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:32 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No offense to you Kriss as this is not personally aimed at you. This is aimed at the last paragraph you wrote.

That is a loser's attitude. We went from the best team in the East to settling and being sort of happy that we are going to the playoffs. No thanks. I would feel that way if we just squeaked into the playoffs on the last day of the season.

Slumps happen to every team. They are human. When the slump is induced by the idiotic decisions of a coach which caused the tailspin, well, its a different story.

A coach should never pull a hot scoring player off of a hot scoring and productive line and expect that nothing will change when he changes two other lines as well.
what you're doing now, it's called being obsessed.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:34 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
what you're doing now, it's called being obsessed.
I am a passionate fan who is disappointed by the dumb ass decisions made by a coach who, up until a week ago, was a candidate for coach of the year.

Great post by the way.

The David Desharnais thread needs your input. Thanks.

Old
04-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Garry Valk

I'm worried too - but in '93, we were TERRIBLE before the playoffs - 3-7 in our last 10 I think - and Roy was abysmal. Almost lost his job.

All that aside, I think part of this is that we didn't add at the deadline. These guys have played out of their heads this year. Has to hurt a bit that management didn't bring any help in.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:43 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
I'm worried too - but in '93, we were TERRIBLE before the playoffs - 3-7 in our last 10 I think - and Roy was abysmal. Almost lost his job.

All that aside, I think part of this is that we didn't add at the deadline. These guys have played out of their heads this year. Has to hurt a bit that management didn't bring any help in.
We had arguably the greatest goalie of all time...not to mention one hell of a team. Not the same.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:44 PM
DaHabMan

well...this was an abberation of a season...we are nowhere the second best team in the east nor are we the worst....were 5-7 spot imo.

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 08:45 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
I am a passionate fan who is disappointed by the dumb ass decisions made by a coach who, up until a week ago, was a candidate for coach of the year.

Great post by the way.

The David Desharnais thread needs your input. Thanks.
please, tell us (again) how you feel about Ryder/Bourque being "switched".

Old
04-17-2013, 09:16 PM
david999

I am concerned, the Habs have played well above their capabilities for over 3 months. We now see this team's true character, they stink. Too small, too soft, lousy coaching decisions, bad goaltending, etc. The players and fans developed big fat heads thinking they were better than every other team out there. Couldn't be more wrong.

david999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Better than last year? Yes.

But we can't afford to lose this badly again, and certainly not in the playoffs!

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Miller Time

even if we were to flame out quickly in the playoffs, this season has been much more enjoyable than I though it would be... hard to be too critical/disappointed in a season that has had us competing for tops in the conference... norris talk, vezina talk, R.O.Y talk... i don't even remember the last time we had any 1 player getting serious consideration for an award.

Yes, it's all about the cup.
No, i had no illusions that we were a serious contender.

Things went very well to start the year, and overall we've had many more things go right than go wrong this year.

We should have home ice in the playoffs (unless this skid turns into a complete nose dive), and in the playoffs, all bets are off.

- we're probably to softish for a long playoff run
- we're probably to thin defensively (depth-wise) for a long playoff run
- we're too reliant on generating a ton of PP's (and converting very efficiently) for a long playoff run

but I'll be happy with however deep they go.

very interested to see how MB manages this offseason & next. If he does well, we should be set up for several years of conference leading/cup contending seasons.

patience is both needed and warranted after finally getting out from under the previous clusterf*** we endured.

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E

Quote:

That's not a loser's attitude, it's rational thinking. A slump is not the end of the world, and everybody looks bad while in it, so no need to be ''concerned'' or panic and start asking what's wrong with him, him and him.

Reality check: We are not winning the cup this season.
Being a realist doesn't mean you're a loser.

Anything can happen in the POs, sure, it's been done before. But looking around the NHL, there's really no reason for me to believe we'll win the cup with Bouillon, Drewiske and Weber in our line up. I wish I did, but I don't.
So, I rather just enjoy the rest of the ride and be eager to see the adjustments made by our management to be contenders next year.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:27 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
please, tell us (again) how you feel about Ryder/Bourque being "switched".
I know you are a Bourque fan.

So let me ask you this question.

You are the head coach in Montreal. Bourque comes back.

What do you do?

Old
04-17-2013, 09:29 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's not a loser's attitude, it's rational thinking. A slump is not the end of the world, and everybody looks bad while in it, so no need to be ''concerned'' or panic and start asking what's wrong with him, him and him.

Reality check: We are not winning the cup this season.
Being a realist doesn't mean you're a loser.

Anything can happen in the POs, sure, it's been done before. But looking around the NHL, there's really no reason for me to believe we'll win the cup with Bouillon, Drewiske and Weber in our line up. I wish I did, but I don't.
So, I rather just enjoy the rest of the ride and be eager to see the adjustments made by our management to be contenders next year.
Fair enough.

We can and will have differing perspectives.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:30 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

I think " I'm very concerned " should be our playoff avatar theme IMO

McSorleyStick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:32 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
I know you are a Bourque fan.

So let me ask you this question.

You are the head coach in Montreal. Bourque comes back.

What do you do?
woah, way to prove how clueless you are, good job!

Old
04-17-2013, 09:33 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:37 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
woah, way to prove how clueless you are, good job!
Nice dodge of the question. But then again, sniping one liners about what other people post is much easier.

No need to answer. I really could care less what your opinion about me or the team is.

Old
04-17-2013, 09:43 PM
The Camera Eye

Acting like Leaf fans in this thread: lets jump off a bridge after a couple of losses. How about you all think a bit more rationally. It's a few bad games, the Habs will put it together. I love seeing a fanbase that when on a 5 game win streak = amazing team, lots of depth, potential of a deep playoff run - and 3 game losing streak = I knew this was too good to be true, lack of depth, overachieving. Collective deep breath is needed RE this thread.

The Camera Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:47 PM
zx81

It's concerning but the hate towards our players is sad to read.
The slump will end tomorrow.
We will win the next 3.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Edgy

We're missing Prust and Emelin and to some extent Diaz. 3 defense men out will hurt any team.

We're so used to our goaltenders stealing games when the team sucks and now that they're not everyone's panicking.

Edgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:50 PM
sharks9

This overreacting is ridiculous and pathetic.

The 39 games were a fluke and these 3 games represent our team? Do people honestly we're going to give up 6 goals every game for the rest of the year? Insanity

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Erika

This team only has 3 legit NHL defensemen right now:

Subban, Markov and Gorges...

Drewiske, Bouillon and Weber are not NHL caliber and it showed for the past 3 games.

Looks what happening when Bouillon becomes #4 and Drewiske #5...

A 1st round exit wouldn't surprise me one bit, especially if this team encounters Toronto.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 09:56 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
This overreacting is ridiculous and pathetic.

The 39 games were a fluke and these 3 games represent our team? Do people honestly we're going to give up 6 goals every game for the rest of the year? Insanity
With Drewiske, Bouillon and Weber/Beaulieu all in the line-up at the same time ?! Woudn't surprise me.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I think this happens when your expectations rise as the season goes along. I like to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. If I were to say at the beginning of the year that the habs would be in 4th place with 2 weeks left in the season, every single person on this board would have taken that and ran.

We should never lose sight that this team was always a work in progress this year. What we've seen this year is that the pipeline of youth looks good. I'm a little disappointed with price this year, but I still believe in him in the long run.

I'm going into the playoffs with tempered expectations. I will enjoy the ride, see what happens, and watch some of the younger core guys grow in the playoffs. This is fully based on the fact that I never believed the team would progress so fast. I did not envision the playoffs at all this year, so its a bonus.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika View Post
With Drewiske, Bouillon and Weber/Beaulieu all in the line-up at the same time ?! Woudn't surprise me.
that's the point...

we're tied for the division lead, 5th overall in the league, and that WITH DD44, Cube & Weber/Beaulieu as 3 of our top-6 dmen.

how can anyone be disappointed in that?

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote