HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stay Positive: We Are Crapping Just In Time!

Old
04-17-2013, 10:56 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
Stay Positive: We Are Crapping Just In Time!

Let's face it things have been way too rosey and the Habs were making it all look way too easy. They are not a top tier team that can simply roll through the season with W's and carry it over into the playoffs.

Contrary to popular opinion, I think LOSING right now is absolutely the BEST thing possible if this team has hope for any chance of success come playoff time.

I can't count how many times I've read ''We're falling apart right before the playoffs at the worst possible moment''. WRONG! The playoffs are in TWO WEEKS.

If I were a Leafs fan I'd be a lot more worried seeing my team get hot... You know what's going to happen? They're going to run out of gas. They're not that good and once they start losing, confidence will hit rock bottom like it is to our team right now.

The only teams that can remain ''hot'' and carry it over in the playoffs are top tier teams and that the Leafs are not (and neither are we). So bring them on. We're prepared.

BOOK THIS: Price will regain his confidence and the team's morale will only benefit from this slump. It will bring the team closer together. It's almost like they know they've been playing way over expectations and are getting the losses out of the way so they can resume the ''underdog'' role that they initially had starting the season.

Anyways, this post is all over the place but my "gut'' is telling me is losing NOW is the best thing that can happen. If you don't agree with this outlook carry on with your crying, I'll just bump this thread when we make it out of the 1st round.

Last edited by coolasprICE: 04-17-2013 at 11:03 PM.
coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Moroccan

I completely agree with you. We still have a few games to rebound and get ready for the playoffs.
Let's hope Diaz can come back soon. Our D is **** at the moment. Emelin loss has more impact than most of us thought.

Go Habs Go

Moroccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:05 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I tend to agree that the team will get better. Lets face it, there's only one way to go after the last 3 games.

Maybe we will look back to this losing streak one day and say it was a direct result of clinching a playoff berth, and stepping off the gas a bit. But 2 weeks goes by in a flash, and the time really is now to start seeing the structure and the goaltending take steps forward than steps backward.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Dekar

Problem is I said the same thing after the Philly game, and we start out of the gate down 0-4 to the Pens without 3 of their top 6, and Marc-Andre Swisscheese in nets.

I want to believe that it's going to get better, and that's coming from perhaps the most optimistic poster on here. I just want to see some evidence of it first. I'm hoping that the 4 goals tonight are that glimmer of hope, but I'm way too heartbroken tonight after losing 3 in a row and having 18 scored against us to even want to be optimistic now.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:09 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

I'm not going to worry since we've clinched a playoff spot after finishing 15th last season. I'll worry if we crap the bed in the playoffs. Either way we're going places fast.

Ezpz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:13 PM
76ftw

#teampositivity

76ftw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:17 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Problem is I said the same thing after the Philly game, and we start out of the gate down 0-4 to the Pens without 3 of their top 6, and Marc-Andre Swisscheese in nets.

I want to believe that it's going to get better, and that's coming from perhaps the most optimistic poster on here. I just want to see some evidence of it first. I'm hoping that the 4 goals tonight are that glimmer of hope, but I'm way too heartbroken tonight after losing 3 in a row and having 18 scored against us to even want to be optimistic now.
I'd be worried if the playoffs start tomorrow. But we have 5 games left. Any signs of progression now will only build our confidence and build momentum right in time for when it really counts.

Does anyone really want to go in the playoffs ''hot'' with an inflated confidence? It's a good thing we're playing a 48 game season and not a 42. Timing is perfect IMO. We're getting the L's out of the way.

And last point, in a league with such parity, timing and momentum is EVERYTHING.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:17 PM
ottawa
go habs go

vCash: 50
I agree, I was just saying the same thing in the PGT. We've been hot all season, we were bound to go cold at one point or another...better now than later (during the playoffs)

04-17-2013, 11:25 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

All I'll say is: Go Habs Go !!!

JLP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:27 PM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

i'm still positive.

it's just... what happened to the fire this team displayed for the whole of the season until now?

sansabri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:27 PM
vik352

Next games are against Tampa, Washington, NJ and the Jets, we can easily win at least 3 out of four of these so we'll be back on track at the right time, in fact I see us being red hot on the 27th to put the leafs in their place which is is losing to us and being reminded that their team suck and playing MTL in the playoffs is not going to be near as good to them as they think.

vik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:31 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Well, I hope the skid stops here...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:34 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Well, I hope the skid stops here...
or that we hit rock bottom now. I don't mind taking a few games before things are back on track. The last thing I want is this team to be cocky. They're not good enough for that. They need to be humble with a growing confidence.

We win the next 5 games in a row and we'll be smoked in the the 1st round.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:37 PM
Miller Time

Price is the key...

and Emelin injury aside, he's been noticeably lacking sharpness ever since we formally qualified for the playoffs.

Probably had a vicious night out with the guys after clinching, relaxed too much mentally, got lit up as a result and now is going through a few games a bit shell shocked.

if he plays poorly tomorrow, I hope Budaj gets the start saturday vs. Caps (and manages to stay in the game), giving Price 4 days off before the final week. more than enough time to regain his focus/sharpness and go on a tear to end the season.

he is the key to this team going beyond the first round, hope he gets himself ready for it!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2013, 11:38 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

We need to use Tinordi intelligently to rebound...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 12:28 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Could be. End of the year comes fast though. But could be a possibility.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 01:51 AM
Lionel Mandrake
Generic user

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
I agree, I was just saying the same thing in the PGT. We've been hot all season, we were bound to go cold at one point or another...better now than later (during the playoffs)
Go cold is the understatement of the year. This is a meltdown. No need to panic I agree, however they need to take some steps soon, even if small, towards recovery, or they'll run out of road before takeoff.

Lionel Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 02:55 AM
habsinsider

We're done. #reality

habsinsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 02:56 AM
BRAD HABSFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

Anyways, this post is all over the place but my "gut'' is telling me is losing NOW is the best thing that can happen. If you don't agree with this outlook carry on with your crying, I'll just bump this thread when we make it out of the 1st round.
here are your exact same thoughts regarding the '86 run from the Gazette. sure we had some HOF there but who knows with this group?

And not impossible. As the season wound down in 1986, the Canadiens lost six straight games. Then they won three of their last four, and the rest is history.

The 1985-’86 Canadiens that couldn’t buy a W in mid-March won often enough in April and May to get the players’ names on the trophy that was on RDS Wednesday night.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/boone...last-night-114

BRAD HABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 06:50 AM
RC51

Lets get back to reality.
Habs are doing great this year. MB and MT have turned this team around.
More changes need to come and MB needs this off season to finish the rebuild. Everyone knows who has to go. Timmons needs to finish his rebuild of the prospect pool. The Habs will go as far as they can but you can see that the aim is still for about 2 years from now.
The Pens are in their window right now. Logic states the Pens will be in the cup finals not the Habs. I still love the year the Habs are doing. What a turn around. Yes Beaulieu and Tinordy need some more polish but that is normal for d-men, Galchenyuk? WOW, put 2 years on him and just WOW. Subban is in the hunt for the best d-man in the league, WOW. No matter the slump of 3 lost games, NO WAY this team is as bad as the last 3 games. The winds of change will turn around again before the playoffs.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 07:35 AM
Yep

First 30 games (19-6-5)
  • The habs were pretty bad last year = a lot of teams took us too lightly early this season
  • Simple system implemented quite fast and built on our team strenghts gave us an edge against teams still rusty from the lockout
  • Victories boosted team confidence to a level we hadn't seen in a while.

Last 13 games (7-6-0)

The system involves the habs forecheckers splitting the ice in half by forcing the opposing D-men to keep the play in their lane in a north-south manner (similar to the red wings left wing lock). In the neutral zone the Habs forwards are all on collapsing the puck holder taking "control" of that lane. This one has to slow down, dump in or make a risky often imprecise pass. When the habs regain possession the other team is often all on the same lane the habs were pressurizing (in support to the pressurized puckholder) leaving the other lane open to a quick transition. That's how the habs gain advantage of its speedier forwards and defensemen passing ability.
  • The other team have now figured out the system (not that hard really) and are prepared better. Carbo showed some clips yesterday where you could see opposing d-men refusing to be forced into their lane.
  • Losses came with fewer wins in-between
  • Doubt arise amonst the players and the players level of confidence is falling to a level never seen this season.
  • The coaching staff might at first blame poor execution because the system is in fact poorly executed right now, but you can't say "execute better" to players with low level of confidence, some probably already doubting the system or even the coaches ability to adjust.
  • Coaches will bring small adjustments and often with a little bit of luck these will lead to victories again, boosting player confidence.

Just in time for the playoffs (hopefully).

Last edited by Yep: 04-18-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Yep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
Let's face it things have been way too rosey and the Habs were making it all look way too easy. They are not a top tier team that can simply roll through the season with W's and carry it over into the playoffs.

Contrary to popular opinion, I think LOSING right now is absolutely the BEST thing possible if this team has hope for any chance of success come playoff time.

I can't count how many times I've read ''We're falling apart right before the playoffs at the worst possible moment''. WRONG! The playoffs are in TWO WEEKS.

If I were a Leafs fan I'd be a lot more worried seeing my team get hot... You know what's going to happen? They're going to run out of gas. They're not that good and once they start losing, confidence will hit rock bottom like it is to our team right now.

The only teams that can remain ''hot'' and carry it over in the playoffs are top tier teams and that the Leafs are not (and neither are we). So bring them on. We're prepared.

BOOK THIS: Price will regain his confidence and the team's morale will only benefit from this slump. It will bring the team closer together. It's almost like they know they've been playing way over expectations and are getting the losses out of the way so they can resume the ''underdog'' role that they initially had starting the season.

I remember the 1986 cup run, the team was playing like crap right up to the playoffs and they came alive at playoff time.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:24 AM
nilan30

If anyone really thinks they can have success in the playoffs despite having a 3 game losing streak in the regular season, they are out to lunch.

The above is sarcasm.

nilan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 08:41 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAD HABSFAN View Post
here are your exact same thoughts regarding the '86 run from the Gazette. sure we had some HOF there but who knows with this group?

And not impossible. As the season wound down in 1986, the Canadiens lost six straight games. Then they won three of their last four, and the rest is history.

The 1985-’86 Canadiens that couldn’t buy a W in mid-March won often enough in April and May to get the players’ names on the trophy that was on RDS Wednesday night.

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/boone...last-night-114
Same thing happened in 92-93 as well. Well, not QUITE the same, but they indeed were winless in 16 of their last 20.

Or something like that.

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2013, 09:22 AM
DenverHabsFan

If our last game determines home ice against the Leafs and it's another blowout, I don't see how we can be positive about our chances going into that series. I can stomach the losses right now but I can't watch us lose against the Leafs. It would be by far the most rewarding/depressing series depending on the outcome.

On a positive note, AGally is in Beast mode.

MT, ARE YOU WATCHING THE FREAKING GAMES?? GIVE THE KID MORE ICE TIME!

I'd rather go down with guns blazing and the kids playing 16-18 mins...

DenverHabsFan is online now   Reply With Quote